Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Cemirror wrote: »
    @alanmichael1 Okay, but space gameplay is not the same as Star Wars gameplay. Star Wars as gameplay does not belong in a sandbox game. Star Wars has its own lore and its own rules; it is very much someone else's story. Again, if you want to feel like you're living in a Star Wars world, there are multiple games out there to immerse you in that fantasy. The Sims should focus on the world of the Sims and making it richer for the player. Not co-opting another franchise and then stuffing it into a game pack.

I disagree in this point, for me the story-driven Strangerville pack made the game much more interesting than "realistic" hobbies like knitting or candle-making.

Also (and please don't beat me) I think that the game urgently needs a "guys pack" at this point and sci-fi may be the right thing.
  • Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    star wars pack i would not buy would be the first pack i did not buy
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2020
    Haven't heard this thrown around yet, but my friend looked at it and her first thought was ghosts... could maybe be like a haunted house game pack, perfect for October? It's not completely new, but maybe their direction would be really fresh. Could have a reaper career, houses that are alive, creepy gremlins and monsters that are interactive.

Personally, I see space and if that's the case I would be THRILLED. Seriously! I love the quirky, magical, sci-fi stuff. Give me imaginary friends, and space ships and mermaids!!!

I do understand people being upset if it is a more fantastical game pack, but we haven't had anything fantastical since Realm of Magic. We're never going to get a fantastical Expansion pack because the realistic crowd is just too huge. Is it too much to ask for a game pack now and then, even if we are the minority? By all means, be disappointed if you don't like it! Voice away, don't buy it, but please be a little happy for us super natural and fantasy players please? Yes the game is still missing a lot, but for some of us the stuff that's missing is the occults and super natural stuff. At least don't pretend its stuff no one asked for, because we've been asking for it.

I personally hope for a fantastical Game Pack, with a realistic expansion pack for the winter holidays. Something akin to generations - they could add more stuff for toddlers, kids, teens & seniors. Be a great expansion for cars and bunk beds! I think it would make the most people happy.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @Cemirror wrote: »
    How would Star Wars and Batuu relate to a French pig chef though?

It's a Gamorrean who likes to cook. Lives on one of the planets in the Outer Rim territories (where Batuu is also situated). :p
    Gamorrean.jpg

Simmers born in the 70s will perhaps also remember the fabulous Pigs in Space from the Muppet Show 😁

I'm from a tad later than the 70's, but I sure remember those pigs. :D
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Also (and please don't beat me) I think that the game urgently needs a "guys pack" at this point and sci-fi may be the right thing.

I certainly won't be beating you! B)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Bunk beds confirmed!

1IY1cOU.png

This is gold xD
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

I certainly won't be beating you! B)

That's good to hear 😊
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am not saying no one asked for this. I know lots of people like the scifi and supernatural stuff. It's just that I don't. And also: I don't think Tiny Living was so realistic (come on - who lives in a tiny house in real life? I never play with tiny houses and I didn't understand all of the hype when it released, it was rather being hyped by gamechangers than by the community) and Eco Living was more of a joke than an EP. I would have preferred for you guys to have a whole supernatural/scifi EP rather than getting Eco Living. It's not that I don't like it at all, it's just that it wasn't great and basically took an EP slot away from something that could have been better.

I did like Knifty Knitting and University a lot. But I miss lots of family play - the last family gameplay we got was Parenthood... And don't forget: lots of occult players are also family players and they were very neglected with realm of magic not catering to them (children not being able to do magic etc). So lots of occult players would like a Generations EP too!
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member

Nah. It would look odd if the 3 balls are snowflakes. I would expect a more obvious logo.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Zussage wrote: »
    Haven't heard this thrown around yet, but my friend looked at it and her first thought was ghosts... could maybe be like a haunted house game pack, perfect for October? It's not completely new, but maybe their direction would be really fresh. Could have a reaper career, houses that are alive, creepy gremlins and monsters that are interactive.

Personally, I see space and if that's the case I would be THRILLED. Seriously! I love the quirky, magical, sci-fi stuff. Give me imaginary friends, and space ships and mermaids!!!

I do understand people being upset if it is a more fantastical game pack, but we haven't had anything fantastical since Realm of Magic. We're never going to get a fantastical Expansion pack because the realistic crowd is just too huge. Is it too much to ask for a game pack now and then, even if we are the minority? By all means, be disappointed if you don't like it! Voice away, don't buy it, but please be a little happy for us super natural and fantasy players please? Yes the game is still missing a lot, but for some of us the stuff that's missing is the occults and super natural stuff. At least don't pretend its stuff no one asked for, because we've been asking for it.

I personally hope for a fantastical Game Pack, with a realistic expansion pack for the winter holidays. Something akin to generations - they could add more stuff for toddlers, kids, teens & seniors. Be a great expansion for cars and bunk beds! I think it would make the most people happy.

I agree Especially after a Stuff pack like Nifty Knitting.

If we get a more supernatural pack though I'd want to be able to block some of them from my own game!
  • Options
    CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    Look I'm all for fantasy and sci-fi gameplay, but even fantasy gameplay would benefit from things like hotels, personalty updates, attraction systems, and fears/wants. No matter what story you're telling, the Sims lacks basic tools needed for an immersive experience. Good realistic gameplay should improve fantasy gameplay, not detract from it.

@alanmichael1 Dude, no. Sci-fi is not a guy's domain, and the Sims does not owe people with a limited scope of masculinity anything. We're playing a dollhouse simulator for Heaven's sake.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Oh please please please give me more weird and unusual gameplay. Please don't be farming for vacations please!!

I agree on no vacations...
    But I am NOT wanting a pack like Strangerville truly one of the worst packs.

The idea was great but not implemented properly. I was expecting the story to be like the psp version of sims 2. But strangville story could of been better.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited August 2020
    @alanmichael1 Okay, but space gameplay is not the same as Star Wars gameplay. Star Wars as gameplay does not belong in a sandbox game. Star Wars has its own lore and its own rules; it is very much someone else's story. Again, if you want to feel like you're living in a Star Wars world, there are multiple games out there to immerse you in that fantasy. The Sims should focus on the world of the Sims and making it richer for the player. Not co-opting another franchise and then stuffing it into a game pack.

I disagree in this point, for me the story-driven Strangerville pack made the game much more interesting than "realistic" hobbies like knitting or candle-making.

yes honestly, it's tiring that ea thinks girls only like soft things, like okay i like soft things too but normal activities like laundry, knitting and all that sorta stuff could just have been in the base game with all the other monotone activities and allow packs for making extravagant content that instead of limiting gameplay it would expand it
    Look I'm all for fantasy and sci-fi gameplay, but even fantasy gameplay would benefit from things like hotels, personalty updates, attraction systems, and fears/wants. No matter what story you're telling, the Sims lacks basic tools needed for an immersive experience. Good realistic gameplay should improve fantasy gameplay, not detract from it.

@alanmichael1 Dude, no. Sci-fi is not a guy's domain, and the Sims does not owe people with a limited scope of masculinity anything. We're playing a dollhouse simulator for Heaven's sake.

he wasn't saying that, it's a fact that companies market a girl's main product (according to statistics) as something monotone and boring whereas they put more exciting stuff on male products. it's ea's fault not alan michael's lol
  • Options
    lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    Simguruninja just acted like nothing happened 😂
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It will be quite a missed opportunity if it is not titled The Sims 4: Spaaaaaace!.
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    This is how I see it, interesting to see that other people interpret it a totally different way

1rjXBxw.png

I hope this is the one. I really dont want a futuristic pack or supernatural pack right now.
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020
    This is how I see it, interesting to see that other people interpret it a totally different way

1rjXBxw.png

Cool! I like all the different interpretations. This is how I saw the icon:

5KxwP4W.jpg

I think the otherworld, space planet one is the right one. But its not the one I want.
  • Options

LOL!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am not saying no one asked for this. I know lots of people like the scifi and supernatural stuff. It's just that I don't. And also: I don't think Tiny Living was so realistic (come on - who lives in a tiny house in real life? I never play with tiny houses and I didn't understand all of the hype when it released, it was rather being hyped by gamechangers than by the community) and Eco Living was more of a joke than an EP. I would have preferred for you guys to have a whole supernatural/scifi EP rather than getting Eco Living. It's not that I don't like it at all, it's just that it wasn't great and basically took an EP slot away from something that could have been better.

I did like Knifty Knitting and University a lot. But I miss lots of family play - the last family gameplay we got was Parenthood... And don't forget: lots of occult players are also family players and they were very neglected with realm of magic not catering to them (children not being able to do magic etc). So lots of occult players would like a Generations EP too!

A good majority of people in the world live in a tiny house... Every been to an Indian slum? Or an impoverished community in Uganda? Or Ghana? Or Haiti? Or even Mexico? Phillipines? Congo? How about a trailer park in North America? In Hong Kong the average new home size is about 450 ft squared. Im all for realistic game play but small homes ARE realistic.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

1rjXBxw.png

Yikes. Don't get caught outside when the snow starts to fall.
  • Options

When/WHere was this? On twitter? I missed it haha
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

1rjXBxw.png

Yeah I DON'T see it at all....besides I may have the unpopular opinion but I much rather have space/star wars than a winter vacation...
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

1rjXBxw.png

Lol!!! Or even inside... when those snowballs land the roof may just collapse.
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    The thing that bugs me is that we can't really identify what's on the icon. Sure, it can look like a Star Wars world, or space, or even mountains and snow, but it's not something that we can recognize for sure, contrary to the other icons that all represent a specific object.
    Plus, the leak is so obvious... I can't believe they did it unintentionally. How can they not see it ? It's visible on 5 different screenshots...
    So my guess is they either put a fake icon with random shapes to make us talk, or they did a "stylized" version of the real icon to let us guess what it could be.
    If it is Star Wars, I don't understand why the logo isn't more obvious, like the death star, or lightsabers. For space, a spaceship or a planet. If it's a snow world, ski sticks would have worked. But this... is really different and not easy to depict.