Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the real reason EA choosed eco lifestyle voor this EP?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Eco Living was one of the core themes voted on in the first community voted stuff pack a couple of years ago. In fact, it won.

Somehow it morphed into a full-on focus on laundry, but the core theme was in very high demand.
    Was it really in high demand? laundry won over it many people (obviously the majority) only voted eco because of laundry being lumped into the eco option of the vote which also had things like chickens as an option there was like 20 or more options in the eco catagory going against simple themes like weddings, arcade and "eco" won shocker.

People have been asking for some eco stuff like solar panels and windmills and such. I really think no one expected a whole expansion on it.

The laundrygate was a mixed bag. Some people were very upset that laundry was picked for the eco theme instead of real eco stuff. As I said, they are late. If they were going to please the masses, it should have been a long time ago and surely not a whole expansion.
    Even if it was a game pack, people would have complained it should have been in a SP and if it was a SP people would have said it should have been in a patch. There is just no pleasing people sometimes. It is not like EPs are the Sims 4 strong point anyways. GPs tend to perform and sell better than all the packs.

There in lies the problem and the frustration of the community. EPs should be the strong points considering they are asking for $40. So when a weak pack like Eco living is announced they cannot be surprised by the uproar.

On top of not being too happy with the pack, once again rotational players are not even taken into consideration. Apparently, the pollution will be in all worlds except destination and strangerville. So what happens when I swap households. I don't want all my sims working on the pollution or trying to maintain the green. Where does that leave me?? Turning off the major selling point of the pack...lovely.
    Totally agree on you with that. I was sad it couldn't happen in those places too and about no supernaturals. I honestly don't think I'm 18 years there was every a pack I 100% liked everything of. There has always been a give and take with them because the Sims franchise is bigger than just me, it consists of an entire community and I think by the end of the day Sims has stopped being a community both with the Sims 4 and the customers and sad this is the first pack that actually has Sims work together for unselfish reasons that actually affects the world around them. Island Living it was a solo activity.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2020
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    On top of not being too happy with the pack, once again rotational players are not even taken into consideration. Apparently, the pollution will be in all worlds except destination and strangerville. So what happens when I swap households. I don't want all my sims working on the pollution or trying to maintain the green. Where does that leave me?? Turning off the major selling point of the pack...lovely.

This is, in my opinion, one of the more valid concerns, and as a rotational player myself, I will be watching this closely. However, I think it sounds manageable, since we should be able to toggle the pollution feature on and off. Granted, it's a bit of a pain to remember to change it between each household, but it should work that way.

I am sure there will be a workaround but I am tired of the workarounds. I had to do a workaround for each household to enjoy each season. I had to do a workaround for university. Now I have figure out another workaround. I want the new world to stay dirty but I don’t want to have to keep the other worlds clean in the process. Not everyone plays one household in a save and I wish they would think about everyone when creating these “ideas”
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The way these packs sell is players might not want all the features in the pack but there might be one they want.

Of course, for example I purchased Cats & Dogs only for the CAS content and the world, that's why I didn't pay the full price.

Dislike the main theme doesn't mean dislike the whole pack.

Missed the point. The items (some) in MFP can't be used at all, not at all unless I owned C&D. That is different than items I will never use in a pack but the option is there if I want to use some. It's apples to oranges. MFP comes with clothes no one can even use unless they own C&D. That's the difference in your analogy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Cinebar

You forgot the first pet which can escape or kill sims. C&D isn't required for this "gameplay", only the Dog CAS content need it.

If you don't want C&D then you don't need these dog clothes but the Human CAS and Build objects are still available.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    To be honest MFP gets more flack than it deserves. Oh, it's a lousy pack alright, with skins, wall decorations and pieces plucked direct from the C&D pack. But to say that you have to buy Cats&Dogs? Well yeah, but most of the stuff in there IS for Cats&Dogs. You wouldn't even be interested if you didn't like pets. Most people bought C&D. If you didn't, then don't get MFP period.

Sure, there's a miniture hamster and a death, but do those things really brisk your buffets?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Loanet

I didn't purchase MFPS yet. I'm waiting for a $5 discount.
    But MFPS remains a piece of the puzzle even if it's a tiny one.

About Eco Lifestyle Gameplay Trailer stats : 44K thumb up and 10K thumb down
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    @Loanet

I didn't purchase MFPS yet. I'm waiting for a $5 discount.
    But MFPS remains a piece of the puzzle even if it's a tiny one.

About Eco Lifestyle Gameplay Trailer stats : 44K thumb up and 10K thumb down

I've tried to use something from every pack in my builds and when it comes to MFP I think that may be the only thing lacking, not just because its stuff is not so great but also because there's so little of it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.