Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you went the sims5 to remain offline?

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    No
    yeah, i love the gallery.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes
    The only online features I want is the gallery. Besides that, I dont want to play with anyone at all.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    yeah, i love the gallery.

I think the poll generally allows the gallery.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes
    the poll includes the gallery so no need to worry
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Posts: 12 New Member
    Yes
    An online OPTION, to connect with SPECIFIC players, maybe. But nothing ruins a game faster than strangers running around in it. Just picture a dozen Bella Goths running around, in whatever the skimpiest outfit available is, flirting with everyone. And being obnoxious in the chat channel.
  • Options
    piqsquigglepiqsquiggle Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes
    I really don't believe a sims game can be a sims game if it is online. It's just not right.
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Other Please post
    I'm kinda counting the gallery as online here, and I really like it (esp as it's optional), and hope it comes to s5.

However, I'm not thrilled at the idea of forced/always online gameplay, especially as aussie internet is not great. It's unlikely I'd buy a single-player game that required 24/7 internet access, and I'd certainly never touch multiplayer-only.
  • Options
    BattleGooseBattleGoose Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes
    [quote="bixters;c-17499286"] The only exception is CDProjectRed, Frontier, Paradox (even though they also have a notorious amount of DLC) and indie game companies. :( [/quote]

It's CD Projekt Red, It's not an english company, quite important to us :<
  • Options
    HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    Other Please post
    I wish it were an option. Some games could be offline, I would like to invite friends to others. I think it would be interesting to play together in one family. Although I prefer single player and do not want to be forced to play online. As an opportunity it would be attractive.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Other Please post
    I’d like to have options....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Other Please post
    As long as there's an option to be either online or offline, I don't care. Also, as long as being online doesn't mess with sim aging, I don't care. Actually, playing with other people does have a certain appeal. Perhaps the solution is to have certain public gathering places that can only be visited online. I don't know...
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely. I am not interested in a forced online mode, or they make it so you have to be online at all times in order to play. Generally, I don't want to play with other people when I play the Sims.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Other Please post
    I like the idea of online with player controls. I play other games with friends & family online. Inhabiting a Sims world together with them could be fun. Would that be a "Sims 5"? Probably not; I think it would be a different thing from a successor game - more of a side game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other Please post
    If online means MMO and No Mod/CC , I vote YES for offline

In the other cases, I'm open-minded for the other online features.
    • Autosave
    • Play anywhere
    • Savegame in the cloud
    • Collaborative game like Minecraft
    • 24/7 Story progression
    • Smarter NPC (Machine learning)
    • Improved Simport
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    Offline.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Other Please post
    I would love to see them experiment with more online features as long as they keep it optional. The Sims 5 needs innovation or it's gonna die. They cannot do same old again.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes
    I would love to see them experiment with more online features as long as they keep it optional. The Sims 5 needs innovation or it's gonna die. They cannot do same old again.
    That‘s what they thought about SimCity too and now look where we are. The Sims Community for the most part doesn‘t want change. In every iteration we ask for the same packs. We just want the good old Sims with updated graphics and fun new gameplay features.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    That‘s what they thought about SimCity too and now look where we are. The Sims Community for the most part doesn‘t want change. In every iteration we ask for the same packs. We just want the good old Sims with updated graphics and fun new gameplay features.
    I 100% agree with this. The Sims Community on the most part are introverts and I think even the Gurus realise that. Why I think a side game would do better than the full fledge game. Let us just hope the Gurus and Simmers can come together to keep the main series offline.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    The thing about 'optional online' is that it's not really optional. And if you're saying you want it optional, you're probably saying 'I want to be able to turn it off" which means you don't really want online play.

The problem for me is that I don't trust EA to make online play truly optional. Like, even if you didn't have to sign in to play certain facets of the game, they'd construct it so that you HAD to go online to get the best out of the game - like, an online shop that ultimately detracts from packs.

A competitive Sims game? Colour me suspicious. If the best items are on the Store then it becomes Pay To WIn.

Also, that the 'online' capabilities - like visiting other towns - would take precedence over solo gameplay or world creation.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes
    If it's online, I'm done buying. I'll just stay with this and build.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other Please post
    Scobre wrote: »
    the most part are introverts

Introvert ??? I would say just I'm very selfish :p ! My world, my rules, obey me !
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    the most part are introverts

Introvert ??? I would say just I'm very selfish :p ! My world, my rules, obey me !
    Yep why it is called a godlike franchise. We make our own rules with no borders. :) Takes me back to Will Wright making himself the God in the first day laying in the clouds. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I love online play and interacting with others. If they had an option to toggle it off. It could be okay for everyone.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Other Please post
    Online features are fine, an actual multiplayer mode is a no.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I 100% agree with this. The Sims Community on the most part are introverts and I think even the Gurus realise that. Why I think a side game would do better than the full fledge game. Let us just hope the Gurus and Simmers can come together to keep the main series offline.

I doubt most people who play The Sims are introverts. I would like to see those studies. Introverts don't jump on a plane and fly off to Sim camp, and people often mistake someone who doesn't want to play with other people online as an introvert. They may be a mayor and rather someone not know they play The Sims. I know many doctors and lawyers here over the years hardly introverted people.

Making the mistake the trailer they tried to portray about all those people who played The Sims are typical of the demographics of this game would be a mistake Just like thinking all the players of TS1 would be teen boys. Youtubers aren't introverts, they like attention. I sort of doubt the majority of players are sitting at home (in normal times) not associating with real people in their lives.

You don't have to be an introvert to realize other people are annoying especially in an MMORPG.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.