Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you went the sims5 to remain offline?

Hello to all do you went the future sims5 to remain offline or be online
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

do you went the sims5 to remain offline? 243 votes

Yes
83%
Akl500Pcrocobauraauroraael14CK213catmom1987rudy8292Kita5399MRoss18451GalacticGalIcewolfErja888LadyInBlackalexspoom13aprilroseCamkatPlayerSinger2010SleepycatDSLghilieIsb917Simburian 203 votes
No
2%
aecollins21bestfrienemies14SimmindipityIvyeyedJojencheescaeksWispye 7 votes
Other Please post
13%
LeGardePourpreJinJinIceyJPipersfun2freindlylolMagdaleenaBagoas77luthienrisingSjofnHallgerdMcBrianDkSailorCetiFelicity1169lovemy4sCakesonAquaGamer1212loutredorOsnsnapitzharleyysilentcyborgVivi_WillowTree 33 votes

Comments

• SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    Yes
    Without a doubt.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Other Please post
    Maybe irl friends and family members could visit a specific lot for a party or gathering. But other than that, I don’t want strangers. I already got banned from Sims Online for running an “FBI” Training Facility.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I will NOT buy a Sims game if it involves Online play. Especially if Online is the best way to play.

Thus far NOBODY wants Online play and even if this forum is limited this is something EA needs to take warning from.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Yes
    Loanet wrote: »
    I will NOT buy a Sims game if it involves Online play. Especially if Online is the best way to play.

Thus far NOBODY wants Online play and even if this forum is limited this is something EA needs to take warning from.

thank you for your post @Loanet feel free to link this poll to other players than wents the sims5 to remain offline
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    This is my current thoughts on 'Online Play'

"Put on your 'suspicious' face"

https://imgflip.com/i/419o56
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • McBrianDkMcBrianDk Posts: 3 New Member
    Other Please post
    If online play is optional, then I have no problem with it.
    I probably wont be using that option thought.

If it is not optional...
    I will simply not be buying the game if it is online only.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I don't want to even have to log in to an Origin app before I can load a game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Yes
    I do love that (so far) online play has had zero votes. If EA make TS5 an online game it would show how deaf they truly are to their hardcore fans.
  • CakesonCakeson Posts: 10 New Member
    Other Please post
    forced online is a no.
    as an option? like i can invite people in my world only when i want? yes
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Yes
    I wasn't going to purchase Sims4, because it was going to be an online multiplayer game. No thank you! I played WoW for about a wink of an eye and when I tried to hone my gnome's skills by playing by myself, I tried to take the advice of my Team and it got my gnome killed, more than one time. Likewise, I don't wish for another player to interfere with my Sims. I hated my singer Sim in Sims3 becoming non-playable for 12 Sim hours anytime I participated in the Simport thingie. Hated it. Did I mention I hated it?

I won't purchase Sims5, if it's an online, multiplayer game. Just not interested. Thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Yes
    I think some more online features would be cool- like stories, maybe easier ways to share recolours and worlds and the like- but I don’t want anyone else in my actual game.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    But, if it does end up going online (for store transactions or mulitplayer), I would prefer those features to be optional. Also, I will have to wait and see how overall game play is impacted or limited by those features before I choose to buy it:

1) I don't want to be forced into any multiplayer play in the Sims, 2) I don't want my game play limited because any multiplayer action requires it, and 3) I don't want microtransactions to become the standard for adding to my game.

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Yes
    I play offline on purpose so if it goes online I'm out.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Other Please post
    If there is a option of both then I WANT it.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    Other Please post
    It would becool to have an onlinee game, but it shouldNOT be forced.

Forcedd multiplayerr would mean no mods, no cc. etcc.

Thereforee,it should be an option, like if you wannaa go online, remove your mods temporarily firstt, kindaa like how gtav works
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other Please post
    I think it'd be cool to be able to send letters and items to other players through the mail boxes, kinda like a real penpal feature, only approved friends though, and I like the gallery I'd want to see that back too.

But not playing in a way where you can see and interact with other sims that other players are controlling and them see you.

That being said, I don't care too much cuz I'l prob stick with playing Sims 4 and nto get Sims 5
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I will have ea's head if they make ts5 online. HAVE THEIR HEAD!! The sims has always been offline, and everyone likes it that way. I would hate it if it was online. The sims is the only thing that lets me really express my creativity, and I don't need random strangers critiquing my builds.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yes
    Nobody wants online multiplayer.
    However, EA is looking a lot more like Bethesda these days, and they love any extra money they can squeeze out, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next iteration is a new "Sims Online." There may not even be a Sims 5 proper. Bethesda came out with Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online, and where are the Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5? No where. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens with the Sims 5.

Honestly, the next iteration of the Sims looks quite bleak to me. Especially with the trend of most major games going for online stores, micro transactions and multiplayer, I would say single player games will become quite rare, with only a handful being released a year. Or, if it is single player, it will just be filled with micro transactions, similar to what Ubisoft did to Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey. This is just how AAA games are now. The only exception is CDProjectRed, Frontier, Paradox (even though they also have a notorious amount of DLC) and indie game companies.

So, in other words, the next Sims game will most likely be a subscription based multiplayer game, or it will be single player game with an online store and micro transactions. Neither prospect makes me optimistic :(
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    Like they already tried the Sims Online (which was literally called that) once before and supposedly it flopped, if they made a spin-off sims series with the same engine as TS5 but called it "The Sims Together" or something that'd be different. But I don't like the idea of Maxis investing more time and manpower into implementing a (possibly always) online feature, that really nobody asked for (at least no one really wanted it to be the central focus).
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Yes
    I like the Gallery as an online feature a lot, but apart from that it doesn't have to go much further for me.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Other Please post
    NO SIMS 5 AT ALL.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Yes
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    NO SIMS 5 AT ALL.

I like this, we should go straight to TS6. :D
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yes
    100% online? No thank you. The offline/single-player mode is essential to The Sims and losing it altogether would be a mistake.

Online features on the site? There are some I could get on board with. As long as the game core isn't affected (and no, I don't think it's inevitable that it would). Also, improvement to the current online features like the gallery are needed, imo.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes
    I don‘t want multiplayer even if it‘s optional. The Sims 4 is offline and single player yet they struggle to give us simple things like bunk beds or rework whims, traits, aspirations and emotions so I have zero trust that they’d be able to offer us both an in-depth offline, single player and an in-depth online, multiplayer game. They need to focus on one and if they choose the latter I‘m going to drop The Sims like I dropped SimCity.
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    Yes
    Defidentily!