Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you went the sims5 to remain offline?

124...Next

Comments

• ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    Unequivocally no, here. I can't imagine having to deal with the dregs of the internet trying to slide in my Sims DM like some kind of web perverts. I don't really play any game that requires me to play online with others like that because the last time I did, my router got BLASTED with hack attempts. Thankfully, the security software stopped any of it from working.

So no, EA. If you move Sims 5 online and only online, I will not spend another dollar on this franchise after that point.

EDIT: So syber (with a C) is banned, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 isn't. Got it.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    Other Please post
    Only if online play is optional, and you don't miss out if you chose to play offline
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    Only if online play is optional, and you don't miss out if you chose to play offline

It would be wishful thinking to think anyone won't miss out on something if they don't play online (if it has the options) because there has to be a hook in a game that would offer both. The hook would have to be to get people to play online to be able to do something offline. That is why so many know a hybrid would be a horrible choice for The Sims. If they want to build a multiplayer then go ahead and do it, but offline players don't have to even touch it, (buy it) and we can finally face facts this franchise is just about a washed up struggling TS4 to live up to it's legacy of other fine serials. It's ok people want an online game but I would rather they never mix the two because we know there will be a hook.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.