Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    People are really expecting all worlds to be visibly polluted now from what I see, if it's not the case, I wouldn't to be EA...

I think I've studied their wording long enough to know that it may not be the case...

Well, it seems clear from the "yes" that EcoGuruFrost gave. But, I'm curious to see what it'll bring or mean, either way. If pollution does appear in every world (but the destination worlds and Strangerville, there must be an option to turn it off too. I mean, I want my Oasis Springs to be an apocalyptic world, but not my other worlds. Guess we'll see.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Still am not interested but cool for people who wanted it lol.
  • Options
    Still am not interested but cool for people who wanted it lol.

I get that. If the pollution can be experienced in the other worlds though, then it would smack more of an expansion pack than if it was restricted to just the new world. But, still, that may not mean too much for those who aren't interested in the overall theme of the pack.

I find it kind of funny that I'm more interested in it for the apocalyptic vibe than for what the pack is intended/marketed as: "clean up the world."
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    You know, thinking about it, the theme is cool enough, and I can live with recycled animations to some extent, but what really annoys me is the lack of gameplay features that impacts all the worlds in a meaningful way - especially since it's an expansion pack. An expansion to me means that EVERY world could become dystopian and having the ability to clean them up, not just one world. ALSO I can't stop thinking how it's a horribly missed opportunity that they didn't include CARS in this pack - just imagine if we got that, people would forgive them of everything else just for getting a well implemented car feature with a small edit tool for placing parking spaces on home lots and community lots and in the world. Having sims change their old polluting cars to eco friendly options would a fantastic add to this pack. But NOOOO, ofcourse they didn't do that. SIGH

That may not be the case after all:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975445/pollution-has-been-confirmed-to-effect-almost-every-world-no-storyline-for-eco-lifestyle-confirmed#latest

I dunno man, that wording is superbly fishy. All we know is that some gameplay will affect all worlds - but he definitely clearly avoided directly answering if it means that the pollution will be the same in all worlds as in the new world. It sounds more like a 'Yes, BUT...' type thing.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    You know, thinking about it, the theme is cool enough, and I can live with recycled animations to some extent, but what really annoys me is the lack of gameplay features that impacts all the worlds in a meaningful way - especially since it's an expansion pack. An expansion to me means that EVERY world could become dystopian and having the ability to clean them up, not just one world. ALSO I can't stop thinking how it's a horribly missed opportunity that they didn't include CARS in this pack - just imagine if we got that, people would forgive them of everything else just for getting a well implemented car feature with a small edit tool for placing parking spaces on home lots and community lots and in the world. Having sims change their old polluting cars to eco friendly options would a fantastic add to this pack. But NOOOO, ofcourse they didn't do that. SIGH

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975445/pollution-has-been-confirmed-to-effect-almost-every-world-no-storyline-for-eco-lifestyle-confirmed#latest

I dunno man, that wording is superbly fishy. All we know is that some gameplay will affect all worlds - but he definitely clearly avoided directly answering if it means that the pollution will be the same in all worlds as in the new world. It sounds more like a 'Yes, BUT...' type thing.

I hope not. But you all may be less naive (or hopeful) than I am (been wanting a true apocalypse to hit my sims since I was a wee-simmer). :D
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

This was my initial thought too. But he goes on to say that Strangerville is excluded because it was too complicated to over lay another world system on top of it. So while I'm still a tad skeptical because of previous experience, I can't help being a bit excited.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yeah, my issue is that is has to be controllable per world. Not a one-size-fits-all. I wouldn't mind turning the city maps into more urban, dirty slums or transforming Oasis Springs into a post-apocalyptic plain. But Many of the others I want untouched. I'm skeptical because Sims 4 is well-known for integrating "all or nothing" features that get very invasive on the player. If I have to turn off the whole system in order to protect the worlds I don't want polluted, then the feature is worthless to me.

So I hope they had the foresight to give us individual world control. If they did, I might consider the pack a little more because this would open up a new avenue of gameplay that I have wanted - a low income, urban environment. If only apartments could be placed in other worlds too. :|
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yeah, my issue is that is has to be controllable per world. Not a one-size-fits-all. I wouldn't mind turning the city maps into more urban, dirty slums or transforming Oasis Springs into a post-apocalyptic plain. But Many of the others I want untouched. I'm skeptical because Sims 4 is well-known for integrating "all or nothing" features that get very invasive on the player. If I have to turn off the whole system in order to protect the worlds I don't want polluted, then the feature is worthless to me.

So I hope they had the foresight to give us individual world control. If they did, I might consider the pack a little more because this would open up a new avenue of gameplay that I have wanted - a low income, urban environment. If only apartments could be placed in other worlds too. :|

Exactly. Like you, I'm skeptical about the system being either fully on or fully off. But, I have a feeling it will be directly connected to that new lot -- if you place it in Oasis Springs and no other world, only Oasis Springs will become polluted (obviously, the new world comes with that lot already placed, so the effect would be there from the start). At least, this is my hope.

I think I'll redo my Oasis Springs and choose some lucky sims. If the pack doesn't give the option, I'll just unleash vampires upon Oasis Springs instead.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Maybe I'm a bit too jaded when it comes to this game - but I hope that if indeed the feature spans most of the worlds, that we can control it per world too. I'm just so used to getting underwhelming or incomplete features in some way. I just feel like they will mess it up somehow. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Maybe I'm a bit too jaded when it comes to this game - but I hope that if indeed the feature spans most of the worlds, that we can control it per world too. I'm just so used to getting underwhelming or incomplete features in some way. I just feel like they will mess it up somehow. :D

No offense but they always seem to :P somehow.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah I have to wonder what they mean with that all worlds will be affected. Not all worlds like San Myshuno would even work for this kind of gameplay, I can't recycle trash in an apartment.

My guess is that the pollution mechanic will work in stages like Strangerville, there will probably be a bad environment with bad air which will be the default state for the new world, in this state the game spawns sims that throw trash on the ground and your sims will get negative buffs like bad air, or something.

Then there will probably be a normal environment and this is the state for all the other worlds, the world will behave like normal. This is either what we see in the trailer, or there is a final third stage which is the good environment which will maybe give sims a happy buff or something.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

Same, I'm just used to the limitations in every pack and their use of words for that.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Did someone say that if you wanted the pack but want to send a message to the devs you should wait two weeks? I want to be strong and not get it but we’ve been deprived so long that i am sort of desperate. But I still want to send a message.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Seasons came with an option to turn off rain in the game if you wanted to, but even though I make sure to use it every time, and double check, and triple check, I still get thunderstorms destroying my nicely decorated yards anyway. So when they say there will be options to turn it off, that's the kind I know from them. The kind where you use the option, turn it off, and it still happens anyway.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Did someone say that if you wanted the pack but want to send a message to the devs you should wait two weeks? I want to be strong and not get it but we’ve been deprived so long that i am sort of desperate. But I still want to send a message.

Maybe try finding another activity or game to keep you occupied in the time being? I haven't bought a single pack on its release day (most of them months, and in some cases, years, after they were released. I also only buy them on sale.) You could even stay playing The Sims but maybe start preparing your game for a new pack like with new characters and stories...
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I just hope the major dislikes of the video will make the team sit back and reflect and try to work on how they are with us...just saying, maybe it's a wake up call to them...not being mean, I'm not complaining I am just saying maybe they might change their ways and take this feedback in account...am I make sense? lol

Like take this feedback and strive to be better.

If my first pet stuff in Moschino stuff didn't then I don't know what will.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

ah so no expanding on the PlantSims...what a shame.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Welp this would've been a great game pack at 50% off for me, but I'm not paying $40 for an Island Living reskin. And that's basically what this is. Almost all the assets I saw are reused from previous packs. The world changing idea is a rip off of Island Living, while the 3D printer and smog sucker upper look like replicas of the science career from Get to Work. The only thing that looks new is the solar panels and windmills, but that's not worth $40.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

It's definitely the pollution
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have to say, the fact that it changes the other worlds too has tipped the scaled upwards for me.

Im not excited given their track record with expansions, I can count on one hand the ones that weren't half baked.

But I will keep an open mind. The timing of this pack is still awful, and I feel there were other areas that needed it more.

But consequences is something this game lacks, and the fact it's toggable really piques my interest.

I really agree with the quote

"game packs try to do too much, and Expansion packs try to do too little."
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    People are really expecting all worlds to be visibly polluted now from what I see, if it's not the case, I wouldn't want to be EA...

I think I've studied their wording long enough to know that it may not be the case... I may be wrong too though, who knows...

I have to agree with you. I'm not sure that this means we could have a smog-covered, trash-filled San Myshuno. If that IS a possibility, then that is cool and I will give the pack more credit. I'm always trying to give credit where credit is due with the Sims 4.

But yeah, I'm just a bit skeptical... it could definitely just mean that we can have wind turbines and solar panels to reduce our bills in other worlds. They have also confirmed that the shared votable community lots can be in other worlds too, so that's another thing they could be referring to.

It's pretty funny that these "clarification tweets" have been necessary - maybe their trailer really wasn't very good? Idk. I'm more open now to waiting for the next trailers / livestreams I guess. But I always keep in mind that there's a huge difference to what they show in the trailers (even the gameplay ones) and the actual game experience. University Life was a shocker for that - big difference!! No hate though, I actually liked about 75% of that pack 😂

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that this pack is still full of strange, giant items, similar to what we already have, using the same animations, and an environmental awareness, cleaning up niche theme that has aaaalready been done.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yeah I am sad. I was hoping for werewolves or fairies too I admit or unicorns. I like supernaturals in packs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2020

Well, they said NEW life states. Technically, we have PlantSims in-game, so they wouldn't be new. If you want to stretch the definition further, dragons aren't new, since they've been in previous installments. So...

:^ )
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have to say, the fact that it changes the other worlds too has tipped the scaled upwards for me.

Im not excited given their track record with expansions, I can count on one hand the ones that weren't half baked.

But I will keep an open mind. The timing of this pack is still awful, and I feel there were other areas that needed it more.

But consequences is something this game lacks, and the fact it's toggable really piques my interest.

I really agree with the quote

"game packs try to do too much, and Expansion packs try to do too little."

Same here. I am glad this isn't the same as Island Living, as far as being limited to one world.
    This pack would be great for one of my sims, and I wouldn't have to move her out of her current neighborhood
    to use this. I will still wait for a sale though. While useful, I still can't get excited about this pack , and it feels like I would have paid $10 here, $10 there, and $40 here and here for bits and pieces of eco living and then finally a true Eco pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds