Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I have now calmed down a bit, after the trauma of watching the trailer. Reading more about this pack I have decided to give it a chance and wait for the livestream. If the pack gameplay affects other worlds I will be pleased with it. Lets hope it is a true EP not Sulani type fake one.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Ripleyrawr wrote: »
    VtizTeC.png

My only complaint so far, this ugly denim disaster that townies and Evergreen Harbor premades are probably going to wear.

Giving us that early 2000's Disney Channel realness.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    VtizTeC.png

My only complaint so far, this ugly denim disaster that townies and Evergreen Harbor premades are probably going to wear.
    I kinda like it :D
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    VtizTeC.png

I kinda like it :D

I don't like that outfit, but I kinda like the one the render the YA is wearing where the toddler is grabbing her pant leg and the little girl's outfit.
  • Options
    I am never too interested in new outfits etc free cc are aplenty. I do yearn for novel gameplay items :)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    OH anyone notice the trailer just needs a few more and we will be at 30,000 dislikes wow!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    The amount of hate for this pack on here! If you don't like it then don't buy it. If you were looking to buy a house and didn't like the wallpaper you wouldn't not buy it because you hate the wallpaper.

Dude, this is a complaining thread, let people complain. Stop trying to police people's opinions on a game.

Getting so sick of people coming in here and police us....my god we cannot be happy and accepting of every pack...I am starting think that mentality is why the team isn't doing the best job with the packs.

Same, like I'm not overly happy with this pack, but I'm not over in the positive threads complaining.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I really don't know why it's not clear to some that the title indicates this thread is for those who want to share their dissatisfaction with the pack.

Right? haha. I thought the whole point of this thread was to keep all complaints to one place.
    OH anyone notice the trailer just needs a few more and we will be at 30,000 dislikes wow!

I just saw! :open_mouth: It's going downhill very fast. It's so sad to see. I hope the gameplay trailer will boost the faith in this EP a bit. I'm remaining optimistic that there will be something to get excited about.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    VtizTeC.png

Lizzie, is that you?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I have now calmed down a bit, after the trauma of watching the trailer. Reading more about this pack I have decided to give it a chance and wait for the livestream. If the pack gameplay affects other worlds I will be pleased with it. Lets hope it is a true EP not Sulani type fake one.

I'm still waiting for more info too. It's weird because this is one pack where I don't want the environment effects to spread to other worlds. That would become a nightmare for me, especially as a rotational player. I like to keep each world different for changes in environment and to have different themes and styles. Having the world effects happen everywhere would make them very samey. If I'm playing in a polluted ghetto, I might want a change to go play in Windenburg for a while but I don't want it to suddenly be filled with smog and trash.

Having diverse worlds is one of the things I like about Sims 4. I certainly don't want that spoiled by one pack.

Also, I can't see there being much enjoyment in being forced to do the eco cleanup in every single world just to get them to look decent. It would be constantly forcing this gameplay onto players every time they enter their game. No thanks to that.

If all of my households (over 100 Sims) had to be trash pickers and eco hipsters, I'd lose my mind.

I wonder how the pollution effects Vampires? I would think they wouldn't be bothered. And Spellcasters? Will there be new spells to clean the air?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @LiELF it will have to be optional of course. Like laundary pack if you have the community voting lot then your world will become polluted. This way everyone wins.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I just hope the major dislikes of the video will make the team sit back and reflect and try to work on how they are with us...just saying, maybe it's a wake up call to them...not being mean, I'm not complaining I am just saying maybe they might change their ways and take this feedback in account...am I make sense? lol

Like take this feedback and strive to be better.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    first
    strangerville,
    then
    island living,
    now this.

can't see them ever changing at this point lol

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    @LiELF it will have to be optional of course. Like laundary pack if you have the community voting lot then your world will become polluted. This way everyone wins.

I honestly don't like the sound of the community voting lot either. I hardly have any lot space in my game as it is, and once the community voting is done, what does that lot do? Does it sit there like a permanent festival? How many different vote results are there? I think I saw three in the trailer but they all looked meh to me.

I just need to find out more. I'm not expecting this pack to wow me though, it's just not my style.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    as a player i can say this ep will become boring pretty fast to the point that some will went to move on to the next ep and my complaint about the pack is what new addition will it bring to the sims4 i think they should of focus on cars and other content players went and what about making homemade jam or other home made food nothing about that is mention in the trailer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    first
    strangerville,
    then
    island living,
    now this.

can't see them ever changing at this point lol

Not to mention I think the gamepack is an winter resort thing ;-; 2020 is SO not The Sims year for me.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    The pack has 30k dislikes but 74k likes so I think ea will just ignore all the criticisms, as usual
  • Options
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    2020 might turn out like another 2019 for the Sims 4. EAxis really needs to listen to our feedback and change the direction the current iteration is going. It could be a little too late for that, though.

:( I fear that too ;-;!
    EdithV wrote: »
    The pack has 30k dislikes but 74k likes so I think ea will just ignore all the criticisms, as usual

I think so too....but they really should look into that....
  • Options
    ImjastImjast Posts: 3 New Member
    I never thought this would be my first post in the English forum, but anyway, I wanted to share my disappointment with you, and thank you so much for creating this thread by the way.
    There have been themes in the Sims that I have not enjoyed as much, and I have usually bought these EPs or GPs at half price later. There are SPs that I never bought. What annoys me more here is that this is the second EP that I will certainly never buy, because I really do not see the point of it, the first one being IL. I hate this vision of environmentalism and cleaner living based on the 'If we clean garbage all will be fine' without deeper thinking. I won't get into it more because I will get passionate about it and that is not the point here :# So, anyway, I let it go with IL, figuring that, well, I could do without one expansion. And Uni came after so I was happy. Now, I find the Sims 4 not really adapted to my gameplay, because it is too focused on city living, consumerism and all - but again, my opinion.
    So I was really hoping for something else in the new EP, whatever it would be. Could even have done with more holiday destinations, supernatural elements, whatever, as long as it brought something. This new EP feels empty to me, there is no gameplay that I will be able to include in my own games, whatever they be since I have never, and never will, make a Sims whose goal in life is to clean garbage. I am very disappointed, because there are so many great ideas in the community about what to do with the game, and all the official surveys actually go our way to propose new interesting ideas. And then they just popped this out of their hats... That is another EP that could have been something much more interesting than what they actually make of it. I certainly hope they will do better next time.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    VtizTeC.png

Hahah So on point!

I found clothing choices in The Sims very.. very odd at times. Actually most of the time. The Sims 4 started off good though, but I feel they go to much into themes which means: no basic clothing, only extremes.
    I get that it should go along with the pack theme, but I find it quite offensive if people who are supposed to care for nature/eco-living, are represented in this game to only look like washed up hippies with homeless clothing.
    Let's hope we see some normal needed clothing in CAS soon.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    You know, thinking about it, the theme is cool enough, and I can live with recycled animations to some extent, but what really annoys me is the lack of gameplay features that impacts all the worlds in a meaningful way - especially since it's an expansion pack. An expansion to me means that EVERY world could become dystopian and having the ability to clean them up, not just one world. ALSO I can't stop thinking how it's a horribly missed opportunity that they didn't include CARS in this pack - just imagine if we got that, people would forgive them of everything else just for getting a well implemented car feature with a small edit tool for placing parking spaces on home lots and community lots and in the world. Having sims change their old polluting cars to eco friendly options would a fantastic add to this pack. But NOOOO, ofcourse they didn't do that. SIGH
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    You know, thinking about it, the theme is cool enough, and I can live with recycled animations to some extent, but what really annoys me is the lack of gameplay features that impacts all the worlds in a meaningful way - especially since it's an expansion pack. An expansion to me means that EVERY world could become dystopian and having the ability to clean them up, not just one world. ALSO I can't stop thinking how it's a horribly missed opportunity that they didn't include CARS in this pack - just imagine if we got that, people would forgive them of everything else just for getting a well implemented car feature with a small edit tool for placing parking spaces on home lots and community lots and in the world. Having sims change their old polluting cars to eco friendly options would a fantastic add to this pack. But NOOOO, ofcourse they didn't do that. SIGH

That may not be the case after all:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975445/pollution-has-been-confirmed-to-effect-almost-every-world-no-storyline-for-eco-lifestyle-confirmed#latest
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975445/pollution-has-been-confirmed-to-effect-almost-every-world-no-storyline-for-eco-lifestyle-confirmed#latest
    Like I said in another thread, they are saying it will 'affect them' in some way and not that they'd have pollution per se, so the effect could be as minor as having like higher bills or something... We'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    Omri147 wrote: »
    SAEldarin wrote: »

Like I said in another thread, they are saying it will 'affect them' in some way and not that they'd have pollution per se, so the effect could be as minor as having like higher bills or something... We'll have to wait and see.

The reply was in response to asking about the pollution effect. EcoGuruFrost seems pretty clear that pollution does in fact affect other worlds (see link I posted above; I can't post images).
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2020
    People are really expecting all worlds to be visibly polluted now from what I see, if it's not the case, I wouldn't want to be EA...

I think I've studied their wording long enough to know that it may not be the case... I may be wrong too though, who knows...