Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Now that there is speculation if the pollution-effects will transfer to all the other worlds, The Sims game became very political all of a sudden. I thought that was a no-go. Especially with similar vibes to this subject for the passed year.
    I just think it is a very odd way to go.

I saw enough when they released IL, The Sims really gone downwards from there (not that it was not already sinking since 2014), then DU came and it was a giant disappointment. They made it worse the passed couple of months with the lack of content, news, info or any exiting news the community has been asking for for years. Then the anniversary failure.. guys guys.
    And now this. Tell me once again how The Sims team cares so much about it's community and truly listens to us?
    They may listen, but they surely don't act up on it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's an ill fitted concept. Eco Lifestyle...what does that mean? My Sims will still have electricty to power that 3D printer. They are still going to plant the same plant in the same spot and not take into consideration crops have to be rotated....

Where is the desert land where someone has to figure out how to irrigate that without fossil fuel? And not those horrible destructive wind turbines to fish and birds in RL....

And oh, just like today's 'thinkers' it's still ok to use the TV, (plastic) the pc (plastic) the tablet (plastic) the almighty phone (plastic) ? Not much of a concept is it?

They have spread their views across 2 ep packs and 3 stuff packs....and I'm here in the muck trying to swim through a muck of hypocrisy...lol...cause Sims still have plastic of all sorts, still have power, still have a fridge in a living off the grid stuff pack and now 2 eps etc....how about putting food in a creek to keep it cold? I think these ideas are lame as the day is long because it doesn't seem like they actually understand what it means to live off the grid...way up in Alaska with no paper, no plastic, no power, no fridge or phone....and yeah even they still use an ax to chop a tree, when that blade was made of steel...and that is also polluted related..so, no, no one is living up to eco friendly in my book, so I really not going to be lectured to in a game that is full of contridictions and hypocrisies. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Now that I've made an account on the forum, I can finally stop bothering my Discord group and speak my mind on The Sims, mainly this pack.

I feel like the dlc from this iteration of the franchise has been very lackluster while still offered at the same price as Sims 3 dlc packs.

The idea of an eco living pack is great and inovative... if it wasn't already featured in other packs like Island Living, Laundry day and Tiny living.
    I would've much rather had fleshed out Mermaids and scuba diving in IL and the conservationist career, "off the grid" lot trait, cutting costs with a tiny house and the cleaning aspect in an eco pack.

Now onto the pack itself. Usually trailers show the biggest features of a pack. I was extremely underwhelmed with the trailer.

I had made a very and I mean very short list of expectations, based on the leaked info from EL and yet, somehow they still manage to disappoint me. Sure, I understand that people can have other thoughts when it comes to a subject/theme, but come on I can barely see any gameplay that comes with this pack and that changes the entire game (that's what expansion packs are supposed to do).

The world changes based on how you treat it? Coolio, never been done before... oh wait.
    Also a machine that sucks the pollution out of the air? ...........................

Oh and don't get me started on all the reused animations. Sure animations get reused all the time, but this trailer was FULL of them. They sure did recycle a lot to make this eco pack...

I don't know how they do it, but every pack so far has felt like a disappointment to me apart from Seasons (even though I had hoped for a bit more, but eh).

I used to own every Sims 3 EP. Man, I loved that game.
    I don't want to start comparing it with TS4, but expansions really felt like they expanded my gameplay.
    They felt like completely new games, while with TS4 it feels like I'm buying to be able to play with the basics.

*sigh* hopefully they'll take another route with The Sims 5, but their current methods seem to be working well enough and thus I fear for the franchise itself. I'd hate to see it go down.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2020
    Isn’t it ironic a pack about recycling looks to be almost 100% recycled animations? :s

Candle making and juice making look fun. But not $40 worth. If death by flies is back, that could be interesting.
    While I like the ability to change the worlds, I admit I don’t do it often. My sims have never fully cleaned up Sulani, I did StrangerVille once and have no desire to re do it.

I actually don’t care to make all my worlds polluted. And even though I am a huge champion for consequences in this game, I’m not sure this is what the game needs. Making all my worlds polluted will be point and click busy work to clean it up and if I know EA I bet it’s not per world. I.e you clean up Willow Creek but you got to clean up each world individually.

Also, “Play to change”. -excuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little bit. I am really not a fan of video games
    forcing agendas on to people. I know The Sims 4 drives the woke wagon but come on. Yes climate change is a huge issue, one I’m concerned about in real life. But the sims 4 is a video game. I don’t necessarily want my sims to experience my real life issues. I play to escape.

But this is what the sims 4 does best. Anything in the media getting attention, EA leap on it. I really wish they would stop trying to educate people and clout chasing and go back to making the game fun. Cause picking up trash in all the worlds sounds as much fun as a wet weekend.

Also, as has been said already, they are milking the eco theme to death, it’s not new!

agreed

yes lots of recycled stuff lol, very ironic.

yes
    juice making and candle making and the windmills/solar panels i am at least interested in, but not for the price of an expansion to.

also there are mods of some of these items already.
    as for the world in that mess and dark, its going to annoy me as much as the full moon did in the sims 3 supernatural.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    What is that? :o

I second this. What in the plumblob IS that????

Edit: is that part of the "superfood thing...?"
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah daplum's that?? How do you make meat without animals? Cause this is meat right? :joy:

ETA: also where's that from? Twitter?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well you can grow it from cells or you can make a veggie meat substation @simtrippy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    well you can grow it from cells or you can make a veggie meat substation @simtrippy

Sounds good to me :D But do we know this? Where's this from? Kinda enjoying the fact that for once not everything fit into one small trailer :joy: Might be another GF/Strangerville pack for me: first impression mehhh, second 'huh this is actually really fun'.

I hope so anyway!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Sounds good to me :D But do we know this? Where's this from? Kinda enjoying the fact that for once not everything fit into one small trailer :joy: Might be another GF/Strangerville pack for me: first impression mehhh, second 'huh this is actually really fun'.

I hope so anyway!

the sims posted it so its in the pack @SimTrippy I'm not sure where its posted though its not a place I go to often so I don't remember the name
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Yeah daplum's that?? How do you make meat without animals? Cause this is meat right? :joy:

https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/09/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-new-gif/

A new thing irl is that you can grow meat in labs. This could be some type of plant that grows and looks like and tastes like meat (superfood). Or they could be straight up eating cowplants now lol.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    It looks O.K. to me. Death by Flies is back, we're getting some clothing that looks slightly edgier than normal, we get dumpsters, a live grass texture for roofs, wind turbines, solar panels, and industrial harbor town, smog...it looks O.K.

My biggest gripe is that it doesn't look like there was anything done to make playing with the polluted state of the world fun or allow us to play sims as evil industrialists as well as altruistic environmentalists. There is no evidence of toxic waste/mutagenic ooze to give sims mutations or super powers, there are no mutated monsters to pop up if you let things stay nasty or get worse, and there doesn't seem to be a "greedy business mogul" route to go so we can give our eco-friendly sims a real antagonist to go up against. It's just a playable PSA about taking care of the environment. There doesn't seem to be anything darker or weirder under the surface...and that disappoints me.

My only hope is that this pack either brings improvements to plant sims, or actually does contain the elements I didn't see in the trailer but really wish were there...But, that's pretty unlikely.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options

I hope so anyway!

the sims posted it so its in the pack @SimTrippy I'm not sure where its posted though its not a place I go to often so I don't remember the name

I believe it's in the pack, I was just wondering if it's indeed a meat substitute or whatnot, but I guess so ^^
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

Well look it up meat can now be grown in a lab off the animal and is near ready for mass production. We are talking real animal muscle tissue. It is supposed to be much more environmentally friendly then meat off of a living animal.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2020
    what the plum is that meat thingy - ewwww disgusting
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    It looks O.K. to me. Death by Flies is back, we're getting some clothing that looks slightly edgier than normal, we get dumpsters, a live grass texture for roofs, wind turbines, solar panels, and industrial harbor town, smog...it looks O.K.

My biggest gripe is that it doesn't look like there was anything done to make playing with the polluted state of the world fun or allow us to play sims as evil industrialists as well as altruistic environmentalists. There is no evidence of toxic waste/mutagenic ooze to give sims mutations or super powers, there are no mutated monsters to pop up if you let things stay nasty or get worse, and there doesn't seem to be a "greedy business mogul" route to go so we can give our eco-friendly sims a real antagonist to go up against. It's just a playable PSA about taking care of the environment. There doesn't seem to be anything darker or weirder under the surface...and that disappoints me.

My only hope is that this pack either brings improvements to plant sims, or actually does contain the elements I didn't see in the trailer but really wish were there...But, that's pretty unlikely.

This post nails it for me.

The Sims games never used to take themselves so seriously. Whenever we had the good, something bad and/or deviously disastrous would come with it. It was never about "sending a good message" to its players or the world, it was strictly about entertainment and the delight of the gameplay. There was always that underlying warning that, while things could look "normal" on the surface, you walked a line that could be crossed over.

Because the gameplay direction was always designed to be in the hands of the player. There was always a "what if..." factor that teetered on the unexpected. If you dabbled in the alternative direction, there would be glorious consequences that the player could delightfully revel in. It was never about cuteness, or doing the "right" thing, or representing the true realism of our world. There was always that fictional barrier that reiterated to the player that "anything goes" and the player decides.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m generally excited about this pack and have planned to buy it as soon as it comes out. But now I have to participate in this thread. A MEAT WALL?? As a vegan and someone who can’t watch violent tv shows, this makes me want to toss my cookies. Couldn’t it at least be a different color??
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    any other color and it would have looked rotten @Rouenpucelle that would have been way worse
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I'm not even vegan yet that "meat wall" scares me.

Not what I thought would be added in the pack....

Is that even a thing irl? A meat wall?
    I feel like I don't want to and shouldn't Google that, lol.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m generally excited about this pack and have planned to buy it as soon as it comes out. But now I have to participate in this thread. A MEAT WALL?? As a vegan and someone who can’t watch violent tv shows, this makes me want to toss my cookies. Couldn’t it at least be a different color??

I think it will be plant based as that fits better with the pack. I could be wrong but it seems an odd fit to put proper meat in this considering the theme
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't think it is vegan. I think it really is meat.

At least it isn't like that BBQ baby mod. I can actually stomach this and I am someone who can't stomach blood in games. But then again I'm not vegan. I am just dairy free and red meat free and gluten free, so yes I wouldn't eat this myself since it is red meat.

The guru is saying "I'm having an impossible time" that could be a hint to the impossible burger, which is a burger that has plant-based meat that looks like real meat but has no meat in it, it consists of plants like soy.

So this could be a sims version of that, but instead of plants like soy the sims have an actual meat plant that grows.

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Is it supposed to be like a 'Beyond Meat' thing?