Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2020

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2020
    maybe we will hear something soon
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    I don't think we are getting a March patch now. However I'd love some virus related content - face masks etc. I'm sure some people would object but it's obvious and would be fun.

there are thousands of people dying, the stock market is crashing and causing people to loose their jobs with another recession that people are trying not to call a recession because it would cause more panic, that is immensely tasteless and offensive.

Catering to this ^^ kind of sensitivity is why Sims 4 is not a good game. This is a video game. If seeing something in a video game causes you to freak out then you shouldn’t be playing video games.

13,000 people are dead from this thing. If they were to "virus related content" into the game right now, the Sims series would have signed its own death warrant.

This is a current, ongoing issue. Were you mad when TS1 or SimCity didn't add in planes crashing into towers after 9/11?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited March 2020
    I don't think we are getting a March patch now. However I'd love some virus related content - face masks etc. I'm sure some people would object but it's obvious and would be fun.

there are thousands of people dying, the stock market is crashing and causing people to loose their jobs with another recession that people are trying not to call a recession because it would cause more panic, that is immensely tasteless and offensive.

Catering to this ^^ kind of sensitivity is why Sims 4 is not a good game. This is a video game. If seeing something in a video game causes you to freak out then you shouldn’t be playing video games.

13,000 people are dead from this thing. If they were to "virus related content" into the game right now, the Sims series would have signed its own death warrant.

This is a current, ongoing issue. Were you mad when TS1 or SimCity didn't add in planes crashing into towers after 9/11?

I'm sorry but that last comment was kinda unnecessary....very insulting and offensive.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I'm sorry but that last comment was kinda unnecessary....very insulting and offensive.

How? Would it not be the same thing?
  • Options

"Were you mad when TS1 or SimCity didn't add in planes crashing into towers after 9/11?" that's horrible.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,289 Member
    edited March 2020

This example isn't good you compared an usual virus (which kills less than the seasonal viruses) to a human action (human killing human).

It's as if you compared a car and a sword because both can kill people.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Video game sales are surging right now. They should release a trailer and have same day release for whatever pack. They could release the patch the same day too. It would be silly for Sims 4 to not take advantage of the huge sales potential they have available right now.

This.

Other studios are still releasing game eg Animal Crossing just released and another game I'm watching is still on for May 22nd.
  • Options
    Aristarchus310Aristarchus310 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello March, goodbye March...

There will probably be a patch in April, if not in a few days.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I highly doubt there will be a March patch, and I know for sure there is not going to be a pack release in March.

If they want to release a GP, it takes like 2 weeks before release if they announce it today, so that doesn't fit into March anymore. The only pack possible within March is a SP releasing next week tuesday with a patch releasing this thursday, but no, I think this will be another contentless boring month.

They are slowing down, obviously, and not only because of the virus, but also because they want to stretch out this game as much as they can. ''Years worth of content'' does not mean we will get a LOT of packs, just more time in between releases.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2020
    Also problably they are selling a lot of old packs now, with the big sale and a loot of people in the world at home.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I highly doubt there will be a March patch, and I know for sure there is not going to be a pack release in March.

If they want to release a GP, it takes like 2 weeks before release if they announce it today, so that doesn't fit into March anymore. The only pack possible within March is a SP releasing next week tuesday with a patch releasing this thursday, but no, I think this will be another contentless boring month.

They are slowing down, obviously, and not only because of the virus, but also because they want to stretch out this game as much as they can. ''Years worth of content'' does not mean we will get a LOT of packs, just more time in between releases.

They could still announce this week or next. If it's a Stuffpack I want one on pools or weddings.
  • Options

Yes I can see the first part of this year being dead and starting in Summer they start pumping them out into succession into Winter.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Are you trying to prove my point? I made a comment and you are getting so upset about it that you’re trying to flame bait using a national tragedy. You need to calm down
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

A virus vs a deliberate act of terror. Not even remotely the same thing. You have some nerve comparing the two. Disgusting. Then there’s the fact you’re using it to flame bait which is even more reprehensible. I’m gonna repeat myself, you need to calm down.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »

Thinking about those who are sick, who lost a relative, the doctors and nurses working 7/7, those who are scared for their jobs, I don't think this is being too "sensitive", simply showing compassion and tact.

I work in the healthcare system - if you don't laugh then you'd cry. I'm making virus CC. It's much healthier than freaking out on facebook.

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited March 2020

Thinking about those who are sick, who lost a relative, the doctors and nurses working 7/7, those who are scared for their jobs, I don't think this is being too "sensitive", simply showing compassion and tact.

I work in the healthcare system - if you don't laugh then you'd cry. I'm making virus CC. It's much healthier than freaking out on facebook.

TBH, you can do whatever you want with your own game, but, at the moment, it's kinda insensitive to use this tragedy & promoting CC or Mods. Someone that I knew died from the virus. Again, if you guys feel that it's interesting to have this in the game at the moment, please do, but, please be more sensitive towards others who might be affected by this pandemic.

ETA: This is the link https://worldometers.info/coronavirus/that shows the statistic of the live update of the coronavirus. People died every day, people got infected every day, but also recovered every day. I hope that more than anything, this community can be more sensitive with this issue for the time being. Yes, TS4 is a game, but what we're facing IRL is not a game.
    Post edited by x4m1r4 on
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    xamira99 wrote: »

TBH, you can do whatever you want with your own game, but, at the moment, it's kinda insensitive to use this tragedy & promoting CC or Mods. Someone that I knew died from the virus. Again, if you guys feel that it's interesting to have this in the game at the moment, please do, but, please be more sensitive towards others who might be affected by this pandemic.

ETA: This is the link https://worldometers.info/coronavirus/that shows the statistic of the live update of the coronavirus. People died every day, people got infected every day, but also recovered every day. I hope that more than anything, this community can be more sensitive with this issue for the time being. Yes, TS4 is a game, but what we're facing IRL is not a game.

TBH...I don't know why anyone would want such CC :O
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,137 Member
    People need compassion & caring.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

I'm totally getting you. I'm an RN and it can be so stressful that you need to relieve it in some way. I used to be like all these other people posting who aren't exposed to the stress of medical work every time they go on their shift (12 hours at a time and more often than not, with mandatory overtime). My mom was an RN too and before I became an RN, I didn't understand her sense of humor and thought she was insensitive, but now I do. My mom, by the way, is one of the kindest people I know and still helps people any way she can even though she's retired.

Anyway, I found that some people had already made surgical masks for TS2, TS3, and TS4:

Hope this helps!

• Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    The next patch should fix all the reported crashing. I can't take them any more. 3-4 error reports being submitted per night is too much.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    The next patch should fix all the reported crashing. I can't take them any more. 3-4 error reports being submitted per night is too much.

You mean on consoles right?
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

They could still announce this week or next. If it's a Stuffpack I want one on pools or weddings.

Or a Nursery SP with updated babies. But I don't think we will get another SP at this point, as we got one already (Tiny House) and there is the knitting SP coming in summer.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    I know people in the healthcare system also. And I also know 2 people back in my home country who had it and survived. They called my mom to tell her about their experiences.

And to be fair I don't think it's right to consider anybody insensitive and wrong. We are all equally effected but we all have different ways of coping or dealing with things. Just like we do with anything else that effects our lives. People would consider me insensitive for all the virus/mask stuff I have in my game but I've been into that virus/zombie life since the days of resident evil when I use to watch my dad play it as a child. The entire game after game. So I was always into this style of play long before this virus hit. And I know it's popular or else fallout and other games like it wouldn't be all the rage.

No one in my opinion is being mean on insensitive we are all just dealing differently and it's probably best not to judge eachother for our gaming choices. That's the beauty of the sims. We all do whatever we want 😆

And if we don't hear anything today I guess we have to start speculating for april.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    I hope the next patch will contain a few more pool-options (like a poolslide, round pools, jetstreams) but most of all make the oceans and a couple of lakes swimmable, like Sulani and Britechester. It feels wrong to walk on the beach in Brindleton Bay without being able to take a dip. I thing they should have made that possible in the patch prior to Sulani.

And since we have studentdorms and tiny houses now they can no longer deny us our bunkbeds!!!
  • Options
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    I hope the next patch will contain a few more pool-options (like a poolslide, round pools, jetstreams) but most of all make the oceans and a couple of lakes swimmable, like Sulani and Britechester. It feels wrong to walk on the beach in Brindleton Bay without being able to take a dip. I thing they should have made that possible in the patch prior to Sulani.

And since we have studentdorms and tiny houses now they can no longer deny us our bunkbeds!!!

It was possible in the patch following Island Living but it was removed 2 weeks later.