Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2020

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I wish if there was no patch coming this month they'd let us know. If I knew it wasn't one coming I'd go ahead and make an April Patch Speculation Thread.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish if there was no patch coming this month they'd let us know. If I knew it wasn't one coming I'd go ahead and make an April Patch Speculation Thread.

yes that would be nice I say go a head and start the other Thread.
    there's only a week left so I don't think it would hurt to have to threads
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I THINK there was an twitter update saying no patch (please don't quote me) but I am pretty sure I saw it.
    edited March 2020

I THINK there was an twitter update saying no patch (please don't quote me) but I am pretty sure I saw it.

That was No Maxis Monthly but I searched SimGuruFrost tweets and didnt see mentioned were not getting a patch this month.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

That was No Maxis Monthly but I searched SimGuruFrost tweets and didnt see mentioned were not getting a patch this month.

Last I saw, March Patch was "TBD" so... there's still 7 days left in March (5 business days.)
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Well maybe with everything going on, things have been delayed?
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    I hope the next patch will contain a few more pool-options (like a poolslide, round pools, jetstreams) but most of all make the oceans and a couple of lakes swimmable, like Sulani and Britechester. It feels wrong to walk on the beach in Brindleton Bay without being able to take a dip. I thing they should have made that possible in the patch prior to Sulani.

And since we have studentdorms and tiny houses now they can no longer deny us our bunkbeds!!!

It was possible in the patch following Island Living but it was removed 2 weeks later.

Was it possibe to swim? I thought just to walk in the water.
    Do you think it brought to many bugs? I hope they are still working on it! That would make the game so much better for me!
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    So instead of teasing new packs they are dropping codes and doing advertisement campaigns to take advantage of the quarantine situation?

Ah yes
    Classic EA
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    So instead of teasing new packs they are dropping codes and doing advertisement campaigns to take advantage of the quarantine situation?

Ah yes
    Classic EA

It makes me question, they keep putting this game on sale and giving away codes.....are they really desperate or not selling well?? hmmm.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member

I feel like I live on another planet
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2020

Ah yes
    Classic EA

It makes me question, they keep putting this game on sale and giving away codes.....are they really desperate or not selling well?? hmmm.

It's probably that they want to keep a quota of constant revenue from the games but they don't want to tease anything either because future packs aren't finished/polished enough yet.

It's probably either
    A- "we could namedrop our future packs with a vague release date but look at what happened to IL.... Nah we won't"
    or B- "Oh jeez we can't make our staff overwork anymore! we have to do other stuff while their productvity is being Subpar, making our packs delayed !!!!!"

Edited to fix accidental profanity. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • LordettLordett Posts: 2 New Member
    I really hope they say something soon
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Ah yes
    Classic EA

It's probably that they want to keep a quota of constant revenue from the games but they don't want to tease anything either because future packs aren't finished/polished enough yet.

It's probably either
    A- "we could namedrop our future packs with a vague release date but look at what happened to IL.... Nah we won't"
    or B- "Oh 🌺🌺🌺🌺 we can't make our staff overwork anymore! we have to do other stuff while their productvity is being Subpar, making our packs delayed !!!!!"
    Lordett wrote: »
    I really hope they say something soon

Remember during the times with TS1, TS2, and TS3, the devs would already announced the next upcoming packs when they release the latest ones? They were on a schedule and ran a tight ship. They also never complained that a feature would be too difficult or expensive to implement.

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright everyone, this thread has veered off topic. I'd like to remind you all that the current world situation is quite serious and so it would be best to remain sensitive of everyone's feelings on it. Let's keep this on topic going forward.
    Cross yall's fingers we get a patch Today. Thursday's are typically patch days though I would like for it to add some free content. I expect mainly bug fixes but I hope it's a lot of them.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Cross yall's fingers we get a patch Today. Thursday's are typically patch days though I would like for it to add some free content. I expect mainly bug fixes but I hope it's a lot of them.

I thought Tuesdays are patch days.

I thought Tuesdays are patch days.

Normally they release on Thursday if I'm not mistaken.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    that would be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    we still have one tuesday left, but did they ever release anything on the last day?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    My guess is no patch this month. Time to start speculating for April.
    No Patch.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited March 2020
    No Patch.

Emm...This is not good. They even haven't address the anniversary flop & now, no patch to fix the bugs? :/

ETA: @catloverplayer I really appreciate your effort to start this thread. Thank you! :)

However, I wish the developers team can be more systematic in planning the patch or any other updates like giving us a calendar for any of this. On top of that, it's nearly mid of the year, and we are not been informed any of their plan for 2020, let alone the milestone for TS4. TBH, I really hate it when there's no proper planning or execution. This is becoming so tiring day by day. I'm so glad that there're other games that are being released this year despite all of this.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited March 2020
    20% of Earth's population across 199 countries are under lockdown because of a virus that's killed more than the West African EVD outbreak and more than H1N1 across 2009 - 2010.

I would forgive them for not putting out a patch for the next few months.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif