Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2020

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2020
    Once again twice as many cases in 72 hours... everybody were in the parks yesterday...
    We don't know if there are already some cases in The Sims Studio but I hope they don't do the same mistakes.

• Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Still nothing... I am hoping for next week, but after that, I really don’t know.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I have doubts about a March/April Patch, Google temporarily stops to develop Chrome...

People should be confined 4-5 weeks in order to see the number of cases decrease.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Hope it's Cars for the next patch.
  • Options
    LordettLordett Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm hoping for zombies, but worried that the strangerville stuff is the closest we'll get
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Bug fixes in the next patch, please! As for new stuff, bunk beds or spiral staircases would be much appreciated, though I won't hold my breath.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lordett wrote: »
    I'm hoping for zombies, but worried that the strangerville stuff is the closest we'll get

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I don't think we are getting a March patch now. However I'd love some virus related content - face masks etc. I'm sure some people would object but it's obvious and would be fun.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If Frost confirms no March Patch I'll post here asap and put up the April Patch Speculation Thread.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    I don't think we are getting a March patch now. However I'd love some virus related content - face masks etc. I'm sure some people would object but it's obvious and would be fun.

there are thousands of people dying, the stock market is crashing and causing people to loose their jobs with another recession that people are trying not to call a recession because it would cause more panic, that is immensely tasteless and offensive.

Catering to this ^^ kind of sensitivity is why Sims 4 is not a good game. This is a video game. If seeing something in a video game causes you to freak out then you shouldn’t be playing video games.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i'm wondering how much there working with the world shutting down
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »

there are thousands of people dying, the stock market is crashing and causing people to loose their jobs with another recession that people are trying not to call a recession because it would cause more panic, that is immensely tasteless and offensive.

Catering to this ^^ kind of sensitivity is why Sims 4 is not a good game. This is a video game. If seeing something in a video game causes you to freak out then you shouldn’t be playing video games.

Thinking about those who are sick, who lost a relative, the doctors and nurses working 7/7, those who are scared for their jobs, I don't think this is being too "sensitive", simply showing compassion and tact.

Any subject can be brought to a game in some shape of form but there is a time and place for that. TheSims has never included real life events into their games though, I see no reason why they would do that now, especially about a tragedy occuring at the moment...

The sims is a life simulation game and pain is part of life. You can't have happiness without feeling pain. If this was the case the sims wouldn't have house fires because those have killed people, they would take out drowning, sickness, cheating, death in general, sadness altogether. I get that people are sensitive to certain things but at the end of the day, it's a game. They are not people they are pixels. If you don't like certain things that are in the game then I would choose not to use/play them instead of telling everyone that can't have a particular thing because it offends you/someone else. We should have more options for our game not less and we should have toggles for people who want to disable things in their game instead of taking them from everyone.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

Thinking about those who are sick, who lost a relative, the doctors and nurses working 7/7, those who are scared for their jobs, I don't think this is being too "sensitive", simply showing compassion and tact.

Any subject can be brought to a game in some shape of form but there is a time and place for that. TheSims has never included real life events into their games though, I see no reason why they would do that now, especially about a tragedy occuring at the moment...

The sims is a life simulation game and pain is part of life. You can't have happiness without feeling pain. If this was the case the sims wouldn't have house fires because those have killed people, they would take out drowning, sickness, cheating, death in general, sadness altogether. I get that people are sensitive to certain things but at the end of the day, it's a game. They are not people they are pixels. If you don't like certain things that are in the game then I would choose not to use/play them instead of telling everyone that can't have a particular thing because it offends you/someone else. We should have more options for our game not less and we should have toggles for people who want to disable things in their game instead of taking them from everyone.

I agree with your opinion but right now isn't the time to add masks and stuff.
    Doing so would make player feel like they were insulted by EA for caring about COVID.
    They play the sims to escape reality. They don't want to be reminded by EA about the tragedy that is happening around us.
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2020

My point is simply that adding stuff related to the current pandemia is showing little respect to people going through it precisely right now. Not that smthg similar could never be added to the game...
    And I am not saying: "I don't like it, so nobody should have it!", merely sharing why I don't think this is a good idea.

About the life simulation part, TheSims has always treated tragic events happening to our Sims in a light way, the deaths animations are humorous, the diseases are merely a rash that go away in one gulp of a magic treatment, they get as depressed when a relative or a complete stranger dies in front of them. There's always been that goofy, ridiculous aspect of the game that makes it fun, and that allows a Teen rating. I think adding real world tragedies would not necessarily benefit the game, and in this particular case would be a terrible marketing move.

edit: this being said, there are hazmat suits and contagious rabid rodent fever which requires the Sims to be quarantined for those who really want to recreate smthg similar to current events in their game
    Post edited by mimilu04 on
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

My point is simply that adding stuff related to the current pandemia is showing little respect to people going through it precisely right now. Not that smthg similar could never be added to the game...
    And I am not saying: "I don't like it, so nobody should have it!", merely sharing why I don't think this is a good idea.

About the life simulation part, TheSims has always treated tragic events happening to our Sims in a light way, the deaths animations are humorous, the diseases are merely a rash that go away in one gulp of a magic treatment, they get as depressed when a relative or a complete stranger dies in front of them. There's always been that goofy, ridiculous aspect of the game that makes it fun, and that allows a Teen rating. I think adding real world tragedies would not necessarily benefit the game, and in this particular case would be a terrible marketing move.

Indeed. Like it or not, the Sims is - and from what I can tell really always has been - a Comedy. Maybe Dramedy or dark - even black- comedy at times, but there is no denying that humor is a key part of the game and the game's appeal.

And the key component to Comedy of any sort is timing. Adding elements that reflect the current crisis right now would be bad timing*. Could they be added later? Absolutely. Once we (in the general sense) are on our way out of this pandemic.

*excepting perhaps making fun of the Toilet paper hoarders. Because that's funny now...
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2020
    I had a virus outbreak in my Sim's doctor career today. Felt really awkward :D

Also - I still hope we hear something new on Tuesday, trailer/teaser wise. I'd love me a new pack these days and new Simming.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

maybe they are wearing a face mask and want there sims to have one to @secretlondon123 if you want your sims to have a face mask I'm sure
    there cc for it somewhere
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    No patch = no pack

After February and March, the live service seems to be slow down, April will probably be similar.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    No patch = no pack

After February and March, the live service seems to be slow down, April will probably be similar.

Shame...the silent treatment is the absolute worst.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    the fact that me and others were immediately saying "that is tasteless" to such an update is clear that its tasteless y'all. read the room. i'm not the only one that feels like such an update reflected on a real life tragedy would be a horribly tasteless way for maxis to approach something in real life.

there's a reason why there's no war in the sims, or bombings, or virtual twin tower attacks, or actual real life diseases. this isn't comparable to a goofy "oops my sim set their grilled cheese on fire lol" when people's family members are quite literally dying in mass or cannot get the medical care they need and retail employees are crying in their cars because they can't be sent home for isolation and have to deal with people panicking.

im not the only one that feels that way because employees at maxis have said, multiple times, that issues like mental illness and physical disabilities need to be approached with tact. adding a "funny goofy facemask as a haha coronavirus isn't it silly?" isn't tact.

the most maxis should do is a "wash your hands and stay isolated" statement and send their employees to work at home, which they have done. that's all they need to do.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I reckon, there's no patch, but straight to the next announcement? So, the patch would be prior to the release?

TBH, I'm still a little bit bitter about the anniversary, but, the real world problem worries me more, and I couldn't care less if EA or the Sim Gurus won't say anything at all, because I would never set any expectation anymore.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Video game sales are surging right now. They should release a trailer and have same day release for whatever pack. They could release the patch the same day too. It would be silly for Sims 4 to not take advantage of the huge sales potential they have available right now.