Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coronavirus: An EA Update

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Man, I hope EA decides to keep the sales going - here in the UK the government keep debating lockdown and if I do end up trapped in my house, my sims game will be enjoying some new content.

To all simmers out there, keep safe. It's not about panicking, it's about making sure you can keep those around you calm and healthy no matter your predicament. People come together. There's things in Italy of people going out onto their balcony's and singing to keep their neighbors uplifted, and a website in Ireland has launched a campaign to buy food from restaurants struggling because of Corvid-19, and send it to NHS workers who are doing long shifts and don't have time to buy food. The campaign is called 'Feed Our Heroes'.

The food to NHS workers is a fantastic idea. Do you know if there's a UK equivalent? And the Italians singing on balconies really made me smile. Unfortunately sometimes it takes a crisis to bring out the best in people.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yeah, Massachusetts is about to majorly lock us down too, (we already have limits) because the younger crowds aren't taking the virus seriously and I guess they've been flooding the bars all weekend in Boston. Universities all went online and schools are cancelled so now the students are bored and looking for parties.

I haven't been able to find TP anywhere, is there a black market for this? :D

You have to laugh....Fox News........'A police department in Oregon is urging people that if they’ve run out of toilet paper, it’s not worth calling 911.'
    'They suggested alternatives. “[T]here are always alternatives to toilet paper. Grocery receipts, newspaper, cloth rags, lace, cotton balls, and that empty toilet paper roll sitting on the holder right now,” the message read. “Plus, there are a variety of leaves you can safely use. Mother Earth News magazine will tell you how to make your own wipes using fifteen different leaves. When all else fails, you have magazine pages. Start saving those catalogs you get in the mail that you usually toss into the recycle bin. be resourceful. Be patient. There is a TP shortage. This too shall pass. Just don’t call 9-1-1. We cannot bring you toilet paper.” ' :D<3

Hey, my grandmother had to go in an outhouse back in the day, and they used to use pages out of a Sears & Robuck catalog for toilet paper. We're lucky that most people in the U.S. these days have their toilet in a room where they have soap, running water, and washcloths nearby. After all, you COULD be a sharecropper on a Mississippi farm in the 1930's, going in an outhouse, wiping with catalog pages...

But, seriously, 9-1-1 for toilet paper? Talk about "first-world problems"...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited March 2020
    Shouldn't this be moved to off-topic section by now? I'd like to see The sims 4 in-game related chats in this part of the forum, no?
    @EA_Rtas
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    Man, I hope EA decides to keep the sales going - here in the UK the government keep debating lockdown and if I do end up trapped in my house, my sims game will be enjoying some new content.

To all simmers out there, keep safe. It's not about panicking, it's about making sure you can keep those around you calm and healthy no matter your predicament. People come together. There's things in Italy of people going out onto their balcony's and singing to keep their neighbors uplifted, and a website in Ireland has launched a campaign to buy food from restaurants struggling because of Corvid-19, and send it to NHS workers who are doing long shifts and don't have time to buy food. The campaign is called 'Feed Our Heroes'.

I saw the balcony singing, it was wonderful!

I think that Ireland has just come up with the most brilliant idea yet! Maybe we can get this campaign to catch on everywhere else. This is the kind of forward thinking that will bring goodness to a bad situation and help to ease some of the burdens. It would be cool too if Uber drivers and other car services could go into a special delivery mode instead of transporting people, they could bring items from one place to another with minimal contact. Lots of people are trying to have deliveries now instead of leaving the house, and payment would be all online, no exchange of money from hand to hand. It would also allow healthy people with cars to be able to work and make some money if they can't go to their own jobs.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, Massachusetts is about to majorly lock us down too, (we already have limits) because the younger crowds aren't taking the virus seriously and I guess they've been flooding the bars all weekend in Boston. Universities all went online and schools are cancelled so now the students are bored and looking for parties.

I haven't been able to find TP anywhere, is there a black market for this? :D

You have to laugh....Fox News........'A police department in Oregon is urging people that if they’ve run out of toilet paper, it’s not worth calling 911.'
    'They suggested alternatives. “[T]here are always alternatives to toilet paper. Grocery receipts, newspaper, cloth rags, lace, cotton balls, and that empty toilet paper roll sitting on the holder right now,” the message read. “Plus, there are a variety of leaves you can safely use. Mother Earth News magazine will tell you how to make your own wipes using fifteen different leaves. When all else fails, you have magazine pages. Start saving those catalogs you get in the mail that you usually toss into the recycle bin. be resourceful. Be patient. There is a TP shortage. This too shall pass. Just don’t call 9-1-1. We cannot bring you toilet paper.” ' :D<3

EA is going to have to give us something soon in the way of updates or packs. I think I am going slightly crazy.
    Yeah sounds like our news. I mean there are a lot of trees around. Why there is that saying Keep Portland Weird. Probably not safe to use the leaves however since many of our parks have been tested positive for TB with our homeless increase in the state. So our silly news suggesting an issue for one health issue for another. Our department of human services wouldn't suggest using leaves so I hope people don't especially since I've worked for the department before.

Keeping it Sim related, found an use for the newspaper for off-the-grid living:
    https://homesteadsurvivalsite.com/toilet-paper-alternatives/

I do have a bidet seat though so even with the scare, I will still be ok as silly as my dad thought it was when I got it. Number three looks pretty fun I admit.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

I think that Ireland has just come up with the most brilliant idea yet! Maybe we can get this campaign to catch on everywhere else. This is the kind of forward thinking that will bring goodness to a bad situation and help to ease some of the burdens. It would be cool too if Uber drivers and other car services could go into a special delivery mode instead of transporting people, they could bring items from one place to another with minimal contact. Lots of people are trying to have deliveries now instead of leaving the house, and payment would be all online, no exchange of money from hand to hand. It would also allow healthy people with cars to be able to work and make some money if they can't go to their own jobs.
    I really hope something like this helps Simmers to reflect on consequences of actions finally and help bond the community together. My neighbors have been super kind and asked if there is anything we need and that we could check on each other to see if anyone is in need. Actually would be nice to have a mental health thread started during this time to talk about how the game is helping our lives.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I really hope something like this helps Simmers to reflect on consequences of actions finally and help bond the community together. My neighbors have been super kind and asked if there is anything we need and that we could check on each other to see if anyone is in need. Actually would be nice to have a mental health thread started during this time to talk about how the game is helping our lives.

Yes, it's a really good time to have more positivity and laughter on the forums, you're right. :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    We’re getting rather tight on rules here in the Boston area, luckily my household won’t lose income because we can work from home. Unfortunately a few family members and friends are not so lucky, and I feel rather helpless because I have had a bad cough for over a week now, and don’t want to risk giving them something. Grocery stores are not very stocked at the moment, and delivery times are about a week out for us. I would like to play Sims and escape for a bit, but I’m very distracted, and have a nervous and stressed out child to comfort. I hope this all ends soon, so we can get back to some lighthearted fun. Stay well and safe everybody!
  • Options
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    No worries!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    Everybody here making jokes about staying at home and playing The Sims and here I am still at work:

098.png
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Shouldn't this be moved to off-topic section by now? I'd like to see The sims 4 in-game related chats in this part of the forum, no?
    @EA_Rtas

I expect they will now you have reported it. For some of us most at risk and even having to self-isolate it is keeping us sane and it still is on topic according to the Thread title. I thank you. :)<3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,980 Member
    edited March 2020
    this toilet paper chaos is making me think:

- why is there no toilet paper subscription?

how on earth did telemarketers miss this opportunity for monthly subscription that makes sense on so many levels?

I'm puzzled.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

how on earth did telemarketers miss this opportunity for monthly subscription that makes sense on so many levels?

I'm puzzled.

Probably because postage for the weight of the rolls far exceeds the cost price! ;)

On the Sims 4 front though EA/Maxis should make one of those Japanese type toilets that do it all for you so that we no longer have to put the toilet paper on wall next to it. We had so many complaints about downloaded houses where the builders hadn't put them in! :D>:)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member

I'm puzzled.

Probably because postage for the weight of the rolls far exceeds the cost price! ;)

On the Sims 4 front though EA/Maxis should make one of those Japanese type toilets that do it all for you so that we no longer have to put the toilet paper on wall next to it. We had so many complaints about downloaded houses where the builders hadn't put them in! :D>:)

The talking toilet from CL already does that!
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Everybody here making jokes about staying at home and playing The Sims and here I am still at work:

098.png
    Have fun at work. I'm just waiting on a phone interview today. My dad is still able to work too since it is telephone stuff. Just some of the installers may have to be laid off which might have happened anyways because of fireplaces being a seasonal thing.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited March 2020
    Today I went shopping and saw a bunch of hoarders stocking up on toilet paper and long-lasting foodstuffs,
    Some even fought over the supplies.

I...ahem...may or may not had to..."appropriate"...some of the stuff from hoarders for myself.

Things are not TOO bad, but are definitely getting worse.
    Post edited by ArcherDK on
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

I'm puzzled.

In Japan, we actually don’t have enough toilet paper either. :( It’s been hard to get for a long time now. The special toilets are normal, but those companies who make them have recently had to come out and say that they’re not a replacement for TP. :#
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    They've told us Brits to avoid the pubs, but nothing short of a thermonuclear war could stop the one in our village. Even then it would probably still open the next day.

Do take care everyone, I'll be wishing for your safety (from the pub of course).
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    For a laugh, this is just hilarious - in a good way :joy:

:D Anywho, stay safe & healthy everyone!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    During times such as these I remember Grandpa's letter from Stardew Valley.
    “If you're reading this, you must be in dire need of a change. The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.”

As bad as this has been I feel like it is bonding people more, giving them much lost time spending time with family again and enjoying the more simple things in life like appreciating fresh air and nature.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Why swarm the toilet paper though? Dont they know something called bidet ?

We don't use those in the US. No offense, but what they're used for doesn't sound all that great.

Yes the US does use them. Classic scene in the movie, Crocodile Dundee when he travels to America with Lynda Koslowski, stays in a hotel or her apartment or whatever, goes to use the loo, there's a bidet ... She acted as though it was a very common item to her and their location.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    A little update on my end of things. Went to the shop again and now it's all
    worse. Foodstuffs that last and are worth buying are either gone outright or are in little supply. People are swarming what little is left. Some are hoarding the bottled water. Toilet paper is still around, though.

Yeah, it's getting worse alright.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.