March 27 - Click here for the last Friday Highlight of the month!
March 30 - International Women's Day Q&A - Answers are ready! Take a look here!

Coronavirus: An EA Update

Comments

  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 197 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    How's everyone? Just to update, my government decided to deploy the army on Sunday to assist the police to control the public movement. Sadly, we have another death today & the numbers of infected people is increasing (mostly, they are from the recent group gathering). On the flip side, it has been reported that the number of crimes are decreasing. ;)

    Happy Simming & stay safe!

    I guess there is a bright side to everything, even a pandemic, lol.

    I just read this morning that the waters in Venice are clear and that their marine wildlife is returning, including dolphins! <3 And the pollutants in the air are diminishing all over the world, which is something that has been escalating too quickly and had become a red alert danger to humanity. So maybe something good will come out of all of this.

    Personally, I'm suspicious of the fauna of the world. I'm starting to think this was a big plan of germ warfare of theirs to take back their territories from humans, lol. That poor bat had to sacrifice for the good of all... animality? (Is that a word? Ha. :p )

    It's the cry of the planet - it's finally fighting back! Sorry I just really like Final Fantasy VII!
    THE SUPERNATURAL SAGA - cartoon Sims!
    8zloO2u.jpg


  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 3,499 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    How's everyone? Just to update, my government decided to deploy the army on Sunday to assist the police to control the public movement. Sadly, we have another death today & the numbers of infected people is increasing (mostly, they are from the recent group gathering). On the flip side, it has been reported that the number of crimes are decreasing. ;)

    Happy Simming & stay safe!

    I guess there is a bright side to everything, even a pandemic, lol.

    I just read this morning that the waters in Venice are clear and that their marine wildlife is returning, including dolphins! <3 And the pollutants in the air are diminishing all over the world, which is something that has been escalating too quickly and had become a red alert danger to humanity. So maybe something good will come out of all of this.

    Personally, I'm suspicious of the fauna of the world. I'm starting to think this was a big plan of germ warfare of theirs to take back their territories from humans, lol. That poor bat had to sacrifice for the good of all... animality? (Is that a word? Ha. :p )

    It's the cry of the planet - it's finally fighting back! Sorry I just really like Final Fantasy VII!

    Nice! <3 The remake is coming soon!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 20
    If they can get it out to customers! Covid-19 is not being kind... Apparently those that pre-ordered may have to wait a bit longer in certain countries. https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/03/18/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ffviir-delay-covid19-coronavirus-preorder/
    THE SUPERNATURAL SAGA - cartoon Sims!
    8zloO2u.jpg


  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,538 EA Community Manager
    edited March 20
    Hi everyone,

    I'm moving it to the Off topic section. I know this started as a conversation around the update from us, but overall this discussion is mostly not The Sims related so better continue it in there.

    I also removed a few recent comments as they were derailing this into another direction.
    ______________

    But most importantly, be nice to your fellow Simmers, stay safe and take care <3
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,736 Member
    Pubs and cafes have been told to close in the UK today. That won't please some people but it's probably safer, and I'm pleased that there should be fewer job losses because the government is contributing towards wages. I donated food to my local cat cafe to help tide them over. I'm not really in a position to do things for the community (see below) but it felt nice to do something even from behind a screen.

    I'm slightly more nervous now that I heard that the hospital I work at had a confirmed case but I'm nowhere near the front line so hopefully I will be ok. But still, I live with my retired parents and my dad is 70 with chronic asthma, and I'm an asthmatic myself, so I can't help being concerned.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,678 Member
    edited March 20
    Here in the UK, they've tonight told all pubs, clubs, cafes, cinemas, gyms etc to shut their doors. We are very lucky as the goverment are making sure nobody loses their job over this, and everyone will receive some sort of pay (80% of their wage) and help for the self employed. I went shopping the other day and the supermarket was bare. You couldn't even make a meal. Toilet roll is very hard to come by, as is handwash and staple foods like potatoes etc. Schools are now closed (but open for key workers kids) I'm a key worker, looking after vulnerable adults. But I now have a week off work and I could not be happier. I'm sick of hearing about it lol. My housemate has anxiety and she doesn't do well in these situations, where I couldn't give a hoot, just suck it up and get on with it.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 6,019 Member
    Pubs and cafes have been told to close in the UK today. That won't please some people but it's probably safer, and I'm pleased that there should be fewer job losses because the government is contributing towards wages. I donated food to my local cat cafe to help tide them over. I'm not really in a position to do things for the community (see below) but it felt nice to do something even from behind a screen.

    I'm slightly more nervous now that I heard that the hospital I work at had a confirmed case but I'm nowhere near the front line so hopefully I will be ok. But still, I live with my retired parents and my dad is 70 with chronic asthma, and I'm an asthmatic myself, so I can't help being concerned.

    It took the UK way too long to get to this point anyway. But I'm glad they've finally made that step.

    I really hope you and your family will be fine. <3
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,736 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

    It took the UK way too long to get to this point anyway. But I'm glad they've finally made that step.

    I really hope you and your family will be fine. <3

    Thank you. <3 For a while it felt like this was happening elsewhere but didn't really affect us for a while. Initially there were a few shortages in shops and some concerns over travel but most people were behaving as normal or just being slightly more cautious than usual then it escalated rather rapidly towards the end of last week.

    My parents were supposed to be on a cruise right now but the company has been wonderful with cancellations and rebookings so they booked one for next year instead. Today I heard that tickets I bought for a London event in June are going to be refunded as they don't know when they can open. So now I'm thinking that another thing I had planned for the same time will also be affected, plus the travel and accommodation arrangements that were already paid for. If this lasts all year I might also have to postpone my holiday of a lifetime in November. :(

    This was meant to be the best year but it's really unravelling right now. It's so selfish of me to worry about my fun activities when people are ill, dying and worried about their job, but my life is rarely exciting so I live for holidays and stuff.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 1,328 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

    It took the UK way too long to get to this point anyway. But I'm glad they've finally made that step.

    I really hope you and your family will be fine. <3

    Thank you. <3 For a while it felt like this was happening elsewhere but didn't really affect us for a while. Initially there were a few shortages in shops and some concerns over travel but most people were behaving as normal or just being slightly more cautious than usual then it escalated rather rapidly towards the end of last week.

    My parents were supposed to be on a cruise right now but the company has been wonderful with cancellations and rebookings so they booked one for next year instead. Today I heard that tickets I bought for a London event in June are going to be refunded as they don't know when they can open. So now I'm thinking that another thing I had planned for the same time will also be affected, plus the travel and accommodation arrangements that were already paid for. If this lasts all year I might also have to postpone my holiday of a lifetime in November. :(

    This was meant to be the best year but it's really unravelling right now. It's so selfish of me to worry about my fun activities when people are ill, dying and worried about their job, but my life is rarely exciting so I live for holidays and stuff.

    Don’t feel bad about being disappointed, that is a normal and valid feeling. I’m disappointed that I’m missing out on things as well, even though I realize it’s harder for others. I have two family members that have to cancel their weddings, and one that has to cancel a baby shower, it’s a sad situation all around.. I wish you the best, and hope we all find some time to relax and be happy real soon!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,736 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

    Don’t feel bad about being disappointed, that is a normal and valid feeling. I’m disappointed that I’m missing out on things as well, even though I realize it’s harder for others. I have two family members that have to cancel their weddings, and one that has to cancel a baby shower, it’s a sad situation all around.. I wish you the best, and hope we all find some time to relax and be happy real soon!

    Thank you for your kind words. I hope your family members can get their weddings sorted when this madness is over, and the baby shower too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 6,019 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

    It took the UK way too long to get to this point anyway. But I'm glad they've finally made that step.

    I really hope you and your family will be fine. <3

    Thank you. <3 For a while it felt like this was happening elsewhere but didn't really affect us for a while. Initially there were a few shortages in shops and some concerns over travel but most people were behaving as normal or just being slightly more cautious than usual then it escalated rather rapidly towards the end of last week.

    My parents were supposed to be on a cruise right now but the company has been wonderful with cancellations and rebookings so they booked one for next year instead. Today I heard that tickets I bought for a London event in June are going to be refunded as they don't know when they can open. So now I'm thinking that another thing I had planned for the same time will also be affected, plus the travel and accommodation arrangements that were already paid for. If this lasts all year I might also have to postpone my holiday of a lifetime in November. :(

    This was meant to be the best year but it's really unravelling right now. It's so selfish of me to worry about my fun activities when people are ill, dying and worried about their job, but my life is rarely exciting so I live for holidays and stuff.

    Like others have already said, don't feel bad about that <3 Many people feel bad/worried/stressed about their plans unraveling, it's a very normal feeling when you've been looking forward to something! It's not selfish, it's human. Friend of mine's been planning her wedding for months, now she'll likely have to postpone the whole thing, it's stressful and annoying and neither of you is a bad person for feeling that way. I sincerely hope you will be able to go on your special holiday, and that it's everything you dreamt of. We can all only hope this is going to be over by then. These surely are the strangest times. Take care of yourself!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 689 Member
    Still with the toilet paper. What are they doing with it?!!! I live near Orlando Fl and this mindless panic hoarding stuff has grocery stores breaking into their hurricane warehouses. At least some people might actually have supplies for hurricanes for the first time ever. If they dont try to return it. You wouldn't believe what folks do here. Lemmings the lot of them.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 3,499 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Still with the toilet paper. What are they doing with it?!!! I live near Orlando Fl and this mindless panic hoarding stuff has grocery stores breaking into their hurricane warehouses. At least some people might actually have supplies for hurricanes for the first time ever. If they dont try to return it. You wouldn't believe what folks do here. Lemmings the lot of them.

    @JACKIEJOY Try some of the smaller convenient stores that people wouldn't think of. We went on a quest for paper yesterday because we were on our last roll and we had planned to spend a couple of hours in the morning driving to random small stops in our area to find some. Turned out, the very first one, which was right around the corner from our house, was a success and ended our quest immediately. We took what we needed for two weeks (for only two people) and left the rest for others. It was kind of anticlimactic, lol.

    Maybe we just got lucky.
  • Cutie_Pie3074Cutie_Pie3074 Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 22
    LiELF wrote: »
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Still with the toilet paper. What are they doing with it?!!! I live near Orlando Fl and this mindless panic hoarding stuff has grocery stores breaking into their hurricane warehouses. At least some people might actually have supplies for hurricanes for the first time ever. If they dont try to return it. You wouldn't believe what folks do here. Lemmings the lot of them.

    @JACKIEJOY Try some of the smaller convenient stores that people wouldn't think of. We went on a quest for paper yesterday because we were on our last roll and we had planned to spend a couple of hours in the morning driving to random small stops in our area to find some. Turned out, the very first one, which was right around the corner from our house, was a success and ended our quest immediately. We took what we needed for two weeks (for only two people) and left the rest for others. It was kind of anticlimactic, lol.

    Maybe we just got lucky.

    The whole toilet paper thing is pretty insane, luckily my family had already stocked up on toilet paper beforehand. We always do.

    I can image that the entire thing could be pretty terrifying, depending how long quarantine lasts. All "Non-essential" businesses are supposed to close. That include animal shelters. MANY ANIMALS NEED (temporary) HOMES. GameStop is refusing to close and it claims its an essential; doubt that will last long. I assume that eventually factories that produce goods such as soaps, alcohol wipes, and toilet paper of course may eventually shut down until the disease passes .

    I hope all of you and your loved ones stay safe! <3
    Post edited by Cutie_Pie3074 on
    31Su%2BfrBBaL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Love is in the air? Wear a gas mask
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 689 Member
    How are the guru crew doing? I don't do social media at all so no way to check. Except here. So many simmers are going to depend on this game to stay sane. This is one of the times I am glad to be stuck in Fl. I am sitting in the sun as I type, unlike family up north stuck in yucky weather.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,714 Member
    McDonald's is closed besides drive-thru. Tis what tis.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

    I've sung the alphabet song far too much lately as I've washed my hands.
  • Cutie_Pie3074Cutie_Pie3074 Posts: 276 Member
    McDonald's is closed besides drive-thru. Tis what tis.

    I went to dairy queen yesterday in hopes to drive through and get a blizzard, but they closed the drive thru because somebody hit a fire hydrant. It was a sad day... :disappointed:
    31Su%2BfrBBaL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Love is in the air? Wear a gas mask
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited March 22
    me: let's play sims and forget about whole pandemic thing

    also me: *starts pandemic quest in sims medieval*

    I swear this doctor would be dead before he has time to say pandemic smh
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,714 Member
    I have the Vector mod in TS3 and the common cold virus activated. I don't have the nerve to get the lethal illnesses but I guess I could see what simfluenza will do.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

    I've sung the alphabet song far too much lately as I've washed my hands.
  • Cutie_Pie3074Cutie_Pie3074 Posts: 276 Member
    Other than sims, what have y'all been doing while trapped at home?
    31Su%2BfrBBaL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Love is in the air? Wear a gas mask
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 946 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    me: let's play sims and forget about whole pandemic thing

    also me: *starts pandemic quest in sims medieval*

    I swear this doctor would be dead before he has time to say pandemic smh

    Sounds like me 🤣🤣🤣
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 1,672 Member
    My new gaming laptop is arriving tomorrow, so I've copied the entire Sims 4 folder onto a flash drive. And I'm playing ACNH. I've also come to the conclusion that the museum is a TARDIS.
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Wendy, Chloe, Shine, Tiffany, Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar.
    Be Kind Online and Stay Safe
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,190 Member
    Other than sims, what have y'all been doing while trapped at home?

    My daughter had her 16th birthday party yesterday. She only had one guest and us, but we made it a good day. This week is spring break, so we'll all probably be doing a lot of sitting around, watching tv, playing our respective games.
    My husband will still be working, because he already worked from home. And after spring break, my kids will resume their normal routine. They attend an online public school, so only the group activities like field trips and prom were affected. I could see this creating a boom in virtual schools.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 255 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Still with the toilet paper. What are they doing with it?!!! I live near Orlando Fl and this mindless panic hoarding stuff has grocery stores breaking into their hurricane warehouses. At least some people might actually have supplies for hurricanes for the first time ever. If they dont try to return it. You wouldn't believe what folks do here. Lemmings the lot of them.

    The people who hoard aka loaded their basket full of toilet paper sell them on eBay, Amazon and Facebook Market Place higher than grocerie stores.
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,736 Member
    It's still work as usual for me because I work for the NHS. I think some things will change, such as outpatients appointments being postponed or being done over the phone, and there should be fewer visitors, but my actual job is probably going to largely stay the same. We had our first confirmed case at the hospital on Friday so that is a little scary. Fortunately I mostly stay in my office though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top