Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Wow, that's a lot of people :lol: At least no one is stomping around and waving their hands. Then again, the room looks big enough.

@bekkasan Even after we move in, we're not done. There's still some renovations that we have to do, like fixing the roof, getting the outside in order because parts of it are overgrown, fixing a few plumbing problems, and cleaning the place.
    I've never had my sims as toddlers for more than 7 days. I think it's because there's only so much you can do with them.

@Turjan Nice pictures! I wouldn't be so nice either if someone had insulted me and then asked how my day was. :lol: That's a nice looking world!

@Simtown15 Reed and Hollie are quite cute. It's hard being a kid/teen and knowing that one of your parents is being unfaithful, but not knowing if you should tell the other parent or just keep quiet. I've been in that predicament with my dad where I knew he was cheating, but never said anything because I was afraid of him turning on me for telling on him.

@GraceyManor Eleana's just very attached her her son, that's all. :lol: It does look like a hard journey. And don't worry Eleana. I hate heights too. Also, I'm totally glaring at Morrigan. Still don't like her for how she almost ruined Edward and Eleana's marriage with her flirting.

@GraceyManor Leilana seems all right. I can understand Eleana being a little bit wary. They've been betrayed by people they thought they could trust before.

@Simtown15 Nice update! :)

@Lucy_Henley Very nice update and it looks like the birthday was a fun success!

@GraceyManor Finally, a more romantic moment between Edward and Eleana. I really hope nothing bad happens to them or nothing/no one comes between them to break them up.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Lucy_Henley

cute toddlers.

@king_of_simcity7

I bet it can be very laggy hehe.

Wow this thread have been slow.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 it has been very slow
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @LunBeauty All Sims are teleported and instructed to dance at the DJ booth so there is no wandering around

@Silverofdreams30 it would lag alot which is why after I have taken pictures or got a video I exit very quickly!

@GraceyManor I will post my update to try and get the thread moving :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Reflection 4B

Carl and Duncan had often wondered how long it would have been until Russ had ruined his relationship with Natasha. They would often mentioned about how foolish Russ had been throwing things away with Lucy. Duncan had also been envious of how Russ happened to be successful with the girls. Duncan was once the new comer of the group and Russ had sometimes been cold with him while Carl was more accepting. Duncan had actually met the group by chance on a night out once after what would have been a disappointment when he got let down by someone else.

A couple of years before Duncan was friends with someone called Dean. He used to have some good times with Dean but since Dean had started a relationship with a new girlfriend it seemed that even he had ignored Duncan at times. Duncan had managed to get the weekend off work though and was looking forward to a night down town that he had arranged with Dean but after trying to ring Dean once he got off the bus, Dean was being difficult again. They had arranged to meet at a bar called the Brass House and Duncan didn't fancy going back home disappointed straight away so whilst waiting for Dean to show up, he went to the Brass House by himself.
    Once he arrived he had felt somewhat like a loner again; a lot of people where out with friends having a good time while Duncan was waiting at the bar by himself. He was used to this, always the one on the outside looking in at everyone else having fun. It had been the same when he was at secondary school, people did like him, but no one ever really included him in anything.

87370945_10157017550096497_1820764343331979264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=2fLhO9X8-0IAX-yPNOq&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=4be6003eb3396e8bbfe7a17a2ba7afbb&oe=5E96C95E

88212716_10157017550081497_6861662429516922880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=QfSO9bnNO8YAX8TbrlN&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=81e4483453f67a4e6c6c61d47c950f23&oe=5E832774

It was just as he was thinking about school he then saw a familiar face, a guy called Bill who Duncan had known since he was younger but was another familiar face that he had lost touch with.

'Duncan? Long time no see!' said Bill as he walked up to him 'Who you down here with tonight?'
    'Alright? I'm just meeting a friend, you?' replied Duncan feeling slightly pleased to see someone that he did know.
    'I am down with a few people from school,' replied Bill 'loads of people are out tonight!'

Duncan thought that maybe he could perhaps tag along with Bill and some people that he went to school with and then maybe he could have a good night out for once. Dean was not even replying to his text messages so Duncan knew it was a case of either staying out and hoping for the best or go home disappointed.

88369650_10157017550056497_8735299804537552896_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=y67bTg7GWyAAX_YmZNV&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=f94c9bde842f4de182e7cb7f317ca45e&oe=5E8385EF

'So where are you going tonight?' Bill asked Duncan.
    'Not sure yet, where ever is good,' replied Duncan not actually knowing which clubs where good on a Saturday night.
    'You should come to Lava Ignite,' suggested Bill 'we are all heading there later,'
    'Is it any good?' asked Duncan knowing that he had heard of the club before.
    'We they have good discounts on if you get there at the right time,' replied Bill enthusiastically.

89109521_10157017550166497_6053694758046400512_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=JFZonTIG3CIAX-80E-m&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=d650c6fce14a3d6e189ecde5af5cc1dd&oe=5E98F9AE
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    More screenshots!
    Screenshot-59.jpg

Screenshot-60.jpg

Screenshot-61.jpg

Screenshot-62.jpg

Screenshot-63.jpg

Screenshot-64.jpg

Screenshot-65.jpg

Screenshot-66.jpg

Screenshot-67.jpg

Screenshot-68.jpg

Screenshot-69.jpg

Screenshot-70.jpg

Screenshot-71.jpg
  • Options
    And now for some short storytelling, focusing on Katie this time.

Although Katie was highly intellectual and loved learning, she kept getting D's in school. Her parents kept scolding her for her bad grades, but she was trying her hardest to improve. Because of the constant scolding, as well as finding out that Irfan had cheated on her, Katie began acting out by pulling pranks. She started with booby traps, then egged a house, and eventually tried to play a school prank, but got in trouble with the police. Finally, her parents took her to see a doctor, and she got a late diagnosis of ADHD. Her parents felt bad that they had been so harsh on her and decided to help her through the rest of high school.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hey friends. :) I'm still around...I promise. ;)

Life has been a bit of a struggle lately. :pensive: My daughter's mental health struggles have flared up lately (and I've been struggling to find her the right help over in the big city because there's no one who can help her in this small town we live in anymore) and so I've had to take a bit of time to focus more on her and her needs and make sure she's faring well amidst her struggles. If there's one thing that breaks my heart greatly it's to watch my sweet baby suffer, especially when there is not much at all that I can do to help her. :cry:
    I'm certainly not the best mom in the world, and boy do I often find myself falling short when raising my daughter...but I am forever thankful that God blessed her to have a mother who fully and completely understands her mental health struggles, and can sympathize with her about it, and isn't afraid to get her the help she needs for it. <3

Anyway, so that's where my focus has been the past week and even going into this week. Hubby started playing his Dragon Quest 11 game again and it's been SO fun and therapeutic to watch him play that. :relaxed: We geek out so hard with it and I love that we're both gaming geeks! :mrgreen: Plus it's given us the opportunity to spend more quality time together.

I'll admit I've been feeling so down the past couple of days that I haven't even touched my story... :disappointed: I did finish writing the first scene on Saturday and couldn't believe how well it flowed because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get that discussion down quite as well as it was going in my head. ;) The conversations and scenes are always awesome is my head, it's just getting them down on "paper" that's the struggle. :lol: I know you fellow writers understand. ;) It was one of those moments where I perfectly pulled that off and it felt super-ultra-extreme-awesome! :mrgreen: I plan to work on more of it today after errands are run.

I get the feeling that a lot of us are going through many personal struggles in life right now and that's why this thread (and other threads) have been so slow lately. My friends, you are not alone. Life is hard...and it seems like the more years that pass the harder it seems to get, especially when you have many adult responsibilities in this ever changing world...
    The year 2020 has not started off well for me and my family. :( But I pray it will begin to look up and I also pray that things will look up in all of your lives as well, that everything will be made right and happiness will once again abound. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. <3 And I truly mean it. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Remember how much of a stress reliever and escape from the world playing Sims is. ;) I'm trying to remember that myself so if you have some time to spare, play around on your game, even if you don't feel like posting about it. It always helps me feel better and I hope it will for you. :) And hey, if you feel like posting about it, we'd sure love to see it. :blush:

Blessings and well wishes to you all my friends. 🙏 WE GOT THIS!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Haven't been playing TS3 for a long time. TS4 is taking up most of my time.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    I woke up at 3 am and decided that, instead of going back to sleep, I would get all of my work done for the day so I could play Sims as soon as it was light outside. I did everything, then loaded The Sims 3, but it won't let me login to my account because of "server connection lost". I chose to make up for my lost sleep by going back to bed until noon. I just woke up and I'm still getting the same message. I'm really upset because Reed and Hollie's wedding was supposed to be today and I was hoping that generation 3 would be born by nightfall.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm becomjng familiar with my new microphone. I'm so glad to be free of the headset. This microphone is hand held or can sit on the desk. I'm finding hand held works best for me. It sounds better if I hold it. But having it on a tripod is useful for times when I'm not using it.

I've been really enjoying playing this game. I've made a lot of progress with it and not videoed it all as mostly it's just sims learnijng or doing the same things over and over. There is a bit of that in the video but I'm focusing on showing them doing other more interesting things. I can't post pics now as I'm supposed to be sleeping. It's almost 3:30 am. I'm using my tablet.

I'd love to keep playing this Caroline and Friends game but I need to move on and progress the Perfect Genetics challenge. I think Cindy, the first heir, will age up to teen soon.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I tried playing yesterday but the game was being rather slow. It is often a little slow when I first start it up, but it gets back to normal after a while (and particularly once Overwatch has done its thing at 3am game time). I’d deleted the cache files (which I normally do before playing), but not featured items. Maybe I’ll delete both those, plus “repair” the game in Origin.

I’ve got a Sims 4 game going, too. But I haven’t spent much time with it haha. I have just acquired Discover University but I haven’t actually sent anyone to university yet, I have twin Sims in the save who are about to become teens, so plenty of time to gain some skills, hopefully earn a few scholarships and then send them off.

Speaking of university, I’m not sure what degree I’ll have Lysander do. Hermia is both artistic and a natural cook, so Fine Arts is a good bet for her. Lysander could do Science and Medicine and become a surgeon, I haven’t had a medical Sim for a while. But I’m thinking a little too far ahead, they’ve got to do prom first... :D
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Lucy_Henley: Congrats to both Lysander and Hermia on becoming teenagers.

@Karritz: Glad you got a new microphone. Will need to watch your videos soon.

@GraceyManor: Great chapters. Elena is a feisty one!

@PalmArrow: Hello

@ChuChuExpress : Hello

@lisasc360: Hello

@Turjan: Hello

@emorrill: Hello. Yes, I understand about struggling with mental health. Sometimes I have really awesome days and then I have really bad days. Smile.

@ShadowAssassin: Hello

@bekkasan: Aw. The babies are adorable.

@Simtown15: Hello

@Mikezumi: Hello

@king_of_simcity7: Hello. That is alot of sims.

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@LunBeauty: Hello

@Emily4331: Hello.

@all: Thanks for letting me read your stories/videos/pictures. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Puddinroy Hello! :3
  • Options
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @LunBeauty Thanks. Yeah, I guess Snuggles was fishing for some reaction. He has the "Inappropriate" trait and lives that one to its fullest.

@emorrill Hey, hang in there! Let's hope your daughter will be doing better soon and you get a breather.

@Puddinroy Hello! :smile:

In my game, I was organizing my library and the sims in the bin. I got rid of most of the library contents, and I noticed some of the bin sims weren't in too good shape. I looked at some of them in the world of Bridgewood (I used the opportunity to look at that town :smile: ), and you can see that most lost their hair and got this default short hair, and three sims were wearing some checkered shirt instead of what they should wear.
    s3TLZ6F.jpg
    I guess I can take the opportunity to perform a few adjustments.
    XKFtAt6.jpg
    Looks as if he doesn't like that hair (well, I don't like it that much, either :smiley: )
    dEb0eBB.jpg
    I wonder why most of the sims in my games think of a swimmingpool whenever I start up the game and unpause it.
    cN9Es2W.jpg
    Next time, it's the girls. I have to use smaller households with them though. Too much stuff in CAS for them.

• Options
    I've had a rough Sims day. First, I couldn't sign in for hours, only to find that I simply had to restart my internet router. Then, I had fun for a little while before the game got corrupted (Error Code 12). I had to go to a backup from almost an hour prior (and I lost a baby's birth in the process). I began searching the game for the cause of the corruption and found it to be Katie's imaginary friend; then I annihalated poor Cuddles using Nraas. After that, the game worked well and I replayed the baby's birth, but by then, it was already after 8 PM, and I had been trying to enjoy the game for about 12 hours.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Simtown15
    Error 12 is usually caused by your computer running out of memory.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-code-12-FIX/td-p/1183382
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I've had a rough Sims day. First, I couldn't sign in for hours, only to find that I simply had to restart my internet router. Then, I had fun for a little while before the game got corrupted (Error Code 12). I had to go to a backup from almost an hour prior (and I lost a baby's birth in the process). I began searching the game for the cause of the corruption and found it to be Katie's imaginary friend; then I annihalated poor Cuddles using Nraas. After that, the game worked well and I replayed the baby's birth, but by then, it was already after 8 PM, and I had been trying to enjoy the game for about 12 hours.

I've learned a lot about error 12 over the years and often get it and work around it. I tend to have huge households and complex home lots. I push the game beyond its limits a lot of the time.

My work arounds don't always work but I find them useful to try if I really don't want to have to start again and I find I usually do manage to get a successful save.

Firstly, I'm using Windows. I don't know if any of these methods would work with a Mac.

I launch Windows Task Manager. Then click on the Performance Tab. In Windows 10, the button I click next is at the bottom of the form. It is to 'Open Resource Monitor'. This button is somewhere else on the Performance Tab in other versions of Windows.

I look at the memory used by Sims 3 in the Resource Monitor. I find the Commit (KB) column is most meaningful for me. If I see the number going up above 3,000 I am sure to get an Error 12 when I save. Now, you can control that number most of the time. The first thing I would try is move away from the active lot, go down close to the ground so you can only see grass or the ground and check the number again. You'll probably see it's dropped by at least 300 kb. If that puts you into a safe zone then save.

When I'm playing a game that's particularly heavy on memory use I find I need to shut down and relaunch after every 2 or 3 saves. The Sims 3 doesn't release much memory when you save and it just builds up over time and eventually generates an Error 12.

Now, if going to the ground, or up into Map View doesn't reduce the memory use sufficiently for you to safely save then more drastic action may be necessary. Sometimes I agonise over this as I often don't want to do it and will try a few different ways of finding a spot in the world where the memory use drops enough to save safely.

If I absolutely can't get it to save while my household is active I find another household, usually one I haven't played, hopefully a small household of maybe only 1 or 2 sims with a simple unadorned small house. I activate that household. Then try to save. Mostly that works. Sometimes it doesn't.

The best solution is to save regularly and try to use SaveAs and give the games different sequential names by adding a number or letter at the end of each save. You can delete the spare saves when you are sure you won't need them again. Once you start seeing Error 12 be aware, once you do manage to get it to save successfully, you probably need to shut down the game and relaunch before continuing to play or you could soon get to a point where you can't rescue the game using any of the methods I've suggested above and will lose progress.

Good luck and Happy simming.

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

I hope things calm down for you soon * hugs*.

@Turjan

Oh, I do like his new hair he is handsome.

@GraceyManor

Yep been so slow, hope it will go up again soon.

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    My daughter's mental health struggles have flared up lately (and I've been struggling to find her the right help over in the big city because there's no one who can help her in this small town we live in anymore) and so I've had to take a bit of time to focus more on her and her needs and make sure she's faring well amidst her struggles. If there's one thing that breaks my heart greatly it's to watch my sweet baby suffer, especially when there is not much at all that I can do to help her. :cry:
    I'm certainly not the best mom in the world, and boy do I often find myself falling short when raising my daughter...but I am forever thankful that God blessed her to have a mother who fully and completely understands her mental health struggles, and can sympathize with her about it, and isn't afraid to get her the help she needs for it. <3
    I am not a mom, so I can't relate on that level, but I am someone who grew up in a family that, well, wasn't so empathetic and was more afraid of what the neighbors would think.

The small bit I know about parenting is it's hard and there's no manual, but just from that paragraph alone, I see you as a fantastic mom. Your daughter is incredibly lucky to have someone who fights so hard for her.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    @Karritz Thank you for the advice. I’ll try that. Luckily, I have Nraas saver create a new “save as” file every real world hour, so I was able to return to one from about 40 minutes prior.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Forgive me because some of these pictures aren't the highest quality.

Seven generations, soon to be eight. I really cannot believe I made it this far with this household. My record before was five generations, stopping after the first baby was born. The family as a whole is actually huge! I have story progression installed, so the extended family (siblings/spares) also had kids. I have a family tree in Family Echo, and I still can't keep up with all the connections.

For anyone curious about the colors, I give every generation a certain "theme color". Helps me remember who's who because there can be three generations under the same roof.

542438a67b57a8cca473094eba540bbdc3918b42.jpg
    1e7faa088c8e32e68be26e6a12d7979dbf08a6b2.jpg
    8ad433fd418ca435ec68a04d81e15c57d85f48b9.jpg
    d3fa7d3a52111271550d76a3308a88abb224bcd1.jpg
    df5458f108dcfdeef6558fe4430656f2613a17c8.jpg
    808cab3da4ca6a8fcf8846bb4d94731ce91504c4.jpg
    570bf3b2ed86cb27303e00be8930c647d5597c40.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    @KayeStar One of your Sims has the TSR hair that I have used for one of my recent Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @KayeStar Awesome family! I’m currently at generation 3 with mine! I hope I get that far!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top