Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited March 2020
    I decided Snuggles should look more like an adult now than like an overgrown child.
    dJFyydS.jpg
    Now he reminds me of Putin :lol: . Either I get over that, or I'll have to edit him again.
    Madison and his sister Hesper want to talk to him.
    gJ99woN.jpg
    LoFjEPh.jpg
    He also shares the propensity to run around shirtless with Putin. I decided to put down a dress code sign in the hallway to end that.

Hesper also got an edit, and I like her better than before.
    6d2hvWB.jpg
    Some unwelcome visitor means I probably forgot to import some settings in this world.
    UXd53DQ.jpg
    Snuggles mentally prepares to get all snuggly with his subordinates.
    gIluDYK.jpg
    I thought it's time to say adios to that ridiculous name. He's Spiros now.

On leisure day, the household went for a swim on a community lot in town.
    RxXMFSf.jpg
    That's pretty much all for the moment.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    The family got a hottub.
    Screenshot-124.jpg
    Kris and Angeline argue sometimes, but they're getting along for now.
    Screenshot-125.jpg
    The parents got another free vacation, so another teen party was held. Liam socialized with some of the guests and even asked a girl to prom. (Yes, another prom, less than a week later.)
    Screenshot-126.jpg
    Right before prom, Angleine almost died! Luckily, her boyfriend thawed her out. At the prom, Kris was prom king AGAIN and Liam's prom date became his girlfriend. (I forgot her name; I think it was Christie or something similar.)
    Screenshot-127.jpg
    Reed's daycare is going well!
    Screenshot-128.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited March 2020
    I finally go the latest video posted to YouTube and made it public this morning. I had more issues with my microphone in this episode. I found plugging it into the computer sends the speakers into a frenze of loud noises after about half an hour. As a result it was taking me days to do the narration. It sounds ok until the speakers start their rattling and then it's impossible so the sound in the video is ok. But about half way through I gave up and went out and bought a new microphone. So the sound changes a bit when I started using a new mike. Hopefully you'll not notice too much difference - but it allows my speakers to remain silent - totally silent - unless sound is required.

Here's the link to the video.
    https://youtu.be/fN7O3AEq0I0

It is a really busy and fast paced video. There was a lot of action to get through and it took me 35 minutes in the end but it is done. The first half is just the usual sort of stuff with Gary returning from uni and getting busy with his elixirs and Wilma had to go out to get rid of her stir crazy moodlet. She's now up to level 6 in the painting career as she's been selling a few of her paintings lately.

My sims are on the highest possible free will. I use NRAAS Story Progression. I am occasionally presented with unexpected surprises. There are a few of them towards the end of this video.

I did a bit of decorating around the house to make it look a bit more lived in - particularly as so many of them are practicing artists.
    Screenshot-186.jpg

Two new sims make an appearance and join the household so I had to add two new bedrooms. One of the newbies first appeared at University last episode and became Gary's love interest. He invited her to visit and she decided to stay. Her traits are interesting - definitely a mixture of traits I never would have come up with. She will probably need to join the political career but I think I'll teach her a few skills first.

Screenshot-195.jpg

The video series is all about getting university life badges and all of the sims I've made for it so far were made with particular badges in mind. But, there are badges that none of them can get. I added another new sim towards the end of the video and he has been very active and got to level 10 in gardening already. He is a plant sim and there are some badges that need a plant sim. He has started with some plant sim specific activities. I've never played a grown up plant sim before so he's full of surprises. One thing I didn't realise was plant sims and human sims get along very well together - there is an unexpected romance I spotted near the end of the video. It left me wondering if plant sims and human sims can have babies together? Hmmm... Things could get interestinger and interestinger.

Sylvan Forrest wants to have a Perfect Garden. In spite of appearing for the first time towards the end of the video, he managed to become a level 10 gardener and achieve his lifetime wish in this episode.
    Screenshot-182.jpg

Gary got the Philosopher's Stone awarded to him at the end of the video.
    Screenshot-192.jpg

I do hope you are able to watch this video and if you enjoy it please give it a like. Not only does that encourage me to make more videos, but it also encourages YouTube to offer the videos to more people.

This will be the last video for this series for a while as I need to move on to other series. Next up will be the next episode of the Perfect Genetics Challenge.

Happy Simming
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hey friends. :)

I've been dorking around playing Final Fantasy 9 (on the PS4 - and they included all these sweet cheating features! :lol: ) too much lately and have been neglecting my game and story a little. :disappointed: My apologies...

However I AM on my computer right now and just got into the game to set up a Set where I could grab a couple of pictures for the story. Check it out. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-41.jpg
    (Compliments to the chica at ATS3 for creating these splendid CC items. :star: )

Now why would a set up a grocery store set like this??? With emphasis on the bottles? Some of you may be able to figure it out. ;) ( *cough* @bekkasan *cough* @Silverofdreams30 *cough* *cough* Geez I can't get this frog out of my throat! Seriously though...ugh! :flushed: )

:p

Writing out this little scene has been quite humorous, though I don't think it will be for the character. ;)

I promise to work on releasing the next part of the chapter as soon as I am able. Sometimes that requires that I take some time to veg a little in other things so I don't overwork my brain...
    Gotta take things slowly and carefully when life has been this stressful lately...

Anyhoo, I hope you all are doing well and hope to see many more of you posting soon. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    @emorrill

Final Fantasy 9 is that the new remake I have seen ads for?
    I am a Final Fantasy junkie but only played x- and x2 and 13 and XV, but their stories are most often top-notch.
    @Karritz Be careful with the Philosopher’s Stone! It killed one of my sims!
    @emorrill

I guess that hose bottles is about Shane somehow?
    Am I correct?

@Karritz

Nice to see you pop in

@Simtown15

Great updates so far.

@king_of_simcity7

I enjoyed the update.

@Turjan

I like Snugglers,
    that is a great name for him.
    @emorrill

I guess that hose bottles is about Shane somehow?
    Am I correct?

I really hope this isn’t the case! Poor Shane! :'(
    @Simtown15

I do not think it is, might be a grocerystore hehe.
    @Simtown15 thanks for the advice. I got it just in case he dies without a death flower when he goes for the badge to rant about death until the reaper arrives. I've used it before to bind a ghost to get control of it to make it eat the ambrosia. But now there are more than 8 sims in the household I don't think it'll work. I'll just have to make sure he keeps his deathflowers in his inventory.

@Silverofdreams30 Hi. I've been trying to get over a cold and also had microphone problems and I have lots of other things to keep me busy too. I'm now starting to play and record for the next episode of The Perfect Genetics Challenge. It's Spring time and it just started snowing as I'm shutting down to go to bed. It's almost midnight and I'm tired.

Happy Simming all.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @LunBeauty and @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Cutie Valili~~~~~~~~~~
    3vAN1H.jpg

Viorel with ghost moodlet
    3vA0Bt.jpg

This is his normal expression
    His face structure is a reference to Feitan but more like Caucasians
    3vARjs.jpg

Valentin "bullied" by Viorel again
    3vEp4O.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

What a busy work week! I did not open my game all week. Talk about withdrawal! :open_mouth: This is one of the last pictures I took in my gameplay on Sunday. Adam and Marshall were getting ready to go on a hunt and the night sky was so gorgeous with those pink clouds. I will make comments a bit later today as I'm catching up on home stuff and errands.

49606848886_8a0de95672_o.jpg
    @bekkasan

Weekdays can be busy sometimes.
    Page 3806

@Turjan That is the first masterpiece book a sim has ever had so it was a lovely surprise to see how much he got for it! I'm hoping it won't take so long to get the next masterpiece though.
    Thank you, she is a cute toddler!
    Sometimes the sims don't require a lot of fixing to make them a bit more 'yours'. Those two look pretty good.
    That is a nice peaceful screenshot of that world. :smiley:

@Simtown15 Cute pics of the birthday party.
    oh my, awkward seeing your Dad flirting with someone not your mother. :flushed:
    Reed and Hollie look cute together, glad they got that settled.
    Great random pics. Love the capture on the toilet mishap.

@Karritz The magic mirror can make for some interesting outfits on your sims!
    The bus system sounds awfully crowded!
    Sounds like quite the adventure and I do hate getting patronized as well.
    Hope the new microphone works better.

@GraceyManor Looks like you used Middleearth for some of your pictures. I tried that world when it was first released in beta. It is absolutely gorgeous, but too many issues with it for me to keep using it as a main world. I don't even know if she fixed the things we found for her and released a final version. My sim road on horseback and I kept trying to make her stay on the path but she thought it was easier going straight up the mountain! lol
    Beautiful pictures of them making their way through the mountains and snow.
    Don't blame her for not trusting Morrigan.
    Glad to see they are picking up help as they travel forward.
    26539096240_a916b8981e_o.jpg
    26502746890_47bb124a8c_o.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Hope you have a great week!

@Silverofdreams30 I used to do 7 days when I had seasons in for babies.

@Lucy_Henley Congrats on the new couple. I guess he shouldn't care if she turned into a tragic clown. Hopefully she will revert before the prom! :lol:

Page 3807

@GraceyManor Sweet conversation between them, but still trying to figure out what beautiful thing did he get?
    Beautiful pics of the two of them.

@LunBeauty Sounds like quite a project. Good luck with it.
    I usually have toddlers for awhile as I have very long lifespans and I will need to move to other connected worlds/families and age those kids up before Adam and Alices age to kids.

@Simtown15 Cute pics and congrats on the engagement!
    Bummer that you have to get online in order to play the game! :disappointed:

@emorrill Hope the stress soon goes away or eases. It wouldn't be life if there wasn't some stress in it. :smiley:

@KayeStar Congrats on the 8th generation. Your families look great and that was a neat idea to color code the generations.
    I think I’m going to start over due to the save getting too big. I tried moving out the brothers, cousin Wendy, and their children (a lot has happened) to a new town, but for some reason, they were no longer related after the move. (It could be because I did it in a roundabout way since Wendy was pregnant.) I’m going to make a poll asking which of three sims I should play next.
    @bekkasan thanks. The problem with the bus was I caught the wrong bus from the shopping center. If I'd got the correct bus I'd have been at the stop where I had to change to the bus home in about 20 minutes. The bus I got onto went all over the place and took about an hour to get there. By getting there so late I arrived at the time when school children were getting out of school and we don't have dedicated school buses in the city so they all pile onto regular public transport and for a couple of hours in the afternoon it's all overcrowded. Next time I'll make sure I don't take the scenic route from the shopping center. All part of the learning curve as I'm not accustomed to using buses. If I'd driven myself it would have taken about 45 minutes by car so the full bus trip takes about 1 and a half hours if I get the correct buses. I thought of using the car as I think it was available to me that day but decided to use the bus. The car's gone for the day today so I'm staying home. I will be heading out on the bus again one day during the week though. I get lots of exercise at that shopping center and that's what I need.

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @bekkasan he picked a rose from lothering.I haven’t posted in a few days so I just now saw this sorry 🤣
    lol...I just posted my comment today. I didn't see the rose, my eyes are getting worse!
    @bekkasan

I hope your weekend hav ebeen calm.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks. His name is from the IF pool and is a memory of times when he was a little doll.
    Btw, I've never seen that Teen Witch movie (not a big surprise, as I hardly watch anything at all), so all of it is a fresh story for me :smile: .

@bekkasan Thank you. I think the only sim where I wanted to try that masterpiece was Connor, but I looked at the page count and thought he wouldn't be able to finish it within the time frame I had set for him to reach his weekly royalty wish. It's probably a good idea if you want to keep a sim busy and out of your way for a while.
    I hope you get to relax a bit.

Salvador was very pleased with himself when he finally succeeded with his goal for the day to make the future a worse place. He had enjoyed this summer festival more than he had anticipated.
    tHybdYT.jpg
    I finally did this ITF opportunity chain to change the future, this time to the dystopian version. I had to trigger the chain four times to get past the first opportunity, but the last attempt went very quickly. Anticlimactically so, even. Salvador doesn't have a single point in charisma, but all of his attempts to convince his fellow citizens to trash the environment succeeded. It probably helped that the game sent the slobs and couch potatoes to the festival, but I guess the attempts only fail if you happen to meet a neat or proper sim.
    As an aside, I hardly recognize Salvador without his glasses. I can see why EA thought they could get away with some hair, weight and accessory changes to make sims visually "unique".
    Post edited by Turjan on
    edited March 2020
    Page 3808

@emorrill Not so fond of that style of music but I do agree some of the music and words are very relatable to our lives. I've felt like I needed to clone myself into many parts in the past because there was not enough of me to go around.
    You guys are in my prayers and I hope and pray things settle down soon. You are strong and you can do this.

@Simtown15 Wow...the family is really growing! Congrats to Hollie on her hit show!! Love the great pics of the family.

@SimsxZelda_fan Hope you enjoy your new save at uni. The new dorms look great.
    Oh my, captured! lol...great pics of your sim.

@Turjan I like your fixes on your sims. Ethan definitely looks much better even with the earrings! :grin:
    I glanced at Madison and was like oh wow...she kinda looks like a much prettier version of a certain political person. :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 Jodie's best friend is very pretty. lol at her forgetting the report.
    Oh...mysterious house and lady! Awesome!

@GraceyManor Sad that Sarah died, but better trying to save the child then at the hanging tree.
    So many legends! Hope they find something to help.

@king_of_simcity7 Nice to see you working on your story. Will comment in your thread. :smiley:
    Hope you enjoyed London.

@jonny522 Nice to see what the family is up to. Love the camping with Dad pics.
    Lauri looks very relaxed in her new outfit.

@Simtown15 Oh my double deaths!
    Kris is a cute teen, looks like his Dad.
    Fun party, bummer he got caught with the folks coming home early.
    Gosh, you are brave taking the free vacation deals. I've always been afraid they will mess my game up.
    Nice that Reed is enjoying the daycare.
    Bummer it is becoming too big. Do you play with MC? You can fix the relationships with that if you do.

@Turjan lol, I don't play IF's but they look too much the same from pics I've seen of them grown. I'd have to change them a lot.
    lol at him running around shirtless. You know we gals love those chest shots!
    I do love that dress code mod! I use it mostly for wedding venues so hopefully no one shows up in their bathing suit and dive masks!
    Hard to take a military man seriously if his name is Snuggles! :lol:
    Thanks, it has been a nice weekend even with running errands and cleaning. :smiley:
    I've never done the ITF dystopia or utopia...someday maybe.

@Karritz Congrats on the new video. This one didn't make it to my home feed. Wonder why?
    oh, bummer you got on the wrong bus! Oh my, I'm really surprised they don't have separate buses for kids. Does the school system provide monitors with the kids to be sure no one pesters them or tries anything gross? The bus systems for schools are separate over here, at least all the places I've ever lived.

@emorrill Glad you are having fun playing FF9. Love most in that series.
    looks kinda like a 'juice' store rather than a grocery store. :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 It's been a nice weekend. Thanks. :smiley:

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

After fixing pancakes for breakfast the next morning, Jennifer bakes a cake for Drew's special day. Even though Kailena's birthday was yesterday, it is hard for her to imagine Drew will become a toddler. She is excited about the new stage in Drew's life though and looks forward to seeing him grow and become a little boy.
    49574386888_d5a161db0c_o.jpg

Kailena crawls over to the xylophone after she is released from the high chair.
    49574386843_91680cd06a_o.jpg

Alice watches her crawling over to the toy and decides it is time for her to learn to walk. She carries her to the back of the room, and practice starts. Kailena starts off strong and with her excellent genes she is walking in no time at all. While Kailena is learning to walk, Jennifer and Wisteria rock their babies and chat about the party and guests that are coming. Jennifer invited a few of her coworkers as well as the Willowisp family.
    49574386748_9f49184c17_o.jpg
    49575123302_ea68446e5d_o.jpg
    49574894231_de51d8585e_o.jpg
    49574893986_4011cf6aae_o.jpg

Adam visits the Mithrilen family and arrives at a most inopportune time. Mrs. Mithrilen is in labor. Adam apologizes for arriving at such a hectic time. Mr. Mithrilen tells him that it is ok. She has done this before and is not ready to go to the hospital. He is curious about what brought the newcomer to visit him. With his wife's pregnancy and his work, he has not been out to welcome them. He has heard the gossip around town that Adam is a long-lost grandson to the Willowisp's and possibly to the Fairy King as well.
    Adam introduces himself and explains why he has come. Mr Mithrilen is intrigued by the story of Jennifer and her family possibly being Genies and lost their abilities due to hiding them. He is happy to help with his DNA for comparison. He also offers to tutor Jennifer if she decides to develop her powers. Adam thanks him, collects the sample and answers a few more questions that Mr. Mithrilen has about Adam. "Indeed, I am the grandson of Nicholas and Anastasia. Nothing has been confirmed regarding the King's family. Tests are being performed. Thank you very much for your assistance and good luck with the birthing."
    "Thank you for the good wishes. I must say you favor the King and his family. I've met them at a conference in the past. I'm a liaison between the Genies and the Fairy's. We meet several times a year to iron out any grievances and work towards unity within the occult world."
    49574893911_a5e8d04118_o.jpg
    49574386053_341c3475dd_o.jpg
    49574385978_8d57f77e69_o.jpg

Drew's party has started. Several of Jennifer's coworkers arrive for the party. Nessie Lochlan finally came in after the cake was served. Quinn Flanagan never came in. Perhaps he is shy, or embarrassed by his poor outfit choice! :open_mouth: The family gathered around and cheered for Drew as the magic turned him into a toddler. (He is so cute!! I just want to pinch his adorable cheeks...lol)
    49599981938_96e4053b57_o.jpg
    49599982228_8dfe3369d7_o.jpg
    49599982393_2e22eaba37_o.jpg
    49600741027_3ca9229e0a_o.jpg
    49599982138_37d47c68ca_o.jpg

The adults ate their cake and Jennifer's boss Chloe O'Reilly (purple hair sitting in kitchen) finally joined the party. Nickolas didn't come but the other Willowisp's came. Anastasia went upstairs and was poking around with the science equipment. Usually when she visits she makes a bee line for one of the kids. A child no one knew showed up and did her homework, ate some cake and rode the spring rider and then left.
    Kailena made her way over to Drew and sat down in front of him. They stared at each other for a few seconds and finally smiles appeared on their faces. They started playing together and talking in that unrecognizable baby talk that only they understand.
    49600480736_83629595ee_o.jpg
    49600740957_f3c673b6fc_o.jpg
    49600740907_312074c9fe_o.jpg

@Turjan

Its a movie from 1989, very cheesy but the 12-year-old me back then loved it.
    I still love it haha.

@bekkasan

Thanks, update coming soon.
    Aww, those toddlers are so adorable cute.
    @bekkasan no one specifically is there to keep an eye on the kids in the buses or trains.

There is security sometimes and there are cameras but there are so many kids packed into the buses that you'd have to be very brave/stupid to try anything. The bus driver would be onto anything happening fairly quickly. They are in constant contact with their base - chat is going on all the time. If anything were to happen it'd be reported as it was happening and there'd be police there very fast.

This way of getting kids to and from school seems to be a long standing tradition here. I know I was surprised when I first moved here years ago. In the smaller towns and in the country areas there are separate school buses. I think possibly there would have to be too many buses in the city since kids travel from lots of different places it's just easier for them to use the general buses and change to other bus routes to get themselves home as they go along.

My boys never caught public transport to go to school as I dropped them off on my way to work. But when I was working they had to get themselves home by bus and train. The kids all travel together in huge groups. They are more likely to get into arguments with each other. Apart from the very loud talking they all seem to be generally well behaved. The school keeps an eye on things from a distance and stops any trouble makers from using public transport.

As for the video not being recommended to you, apparently if that happens you need to click the bell icon to turn off notifications and then click it again to turn them back on. That is supposed to fix the issue if it persists.

I'm working on Perfect Genetics now.

I need to sleep.

Happy Simming

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top