Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2020
    Thank you @KarilynMonroe2 I'll block off that spot in Paris so boats won't get stuck. I do know about the elevator, thanks. Thank you @suzses, @soocoolsim it looks like the bridge will not function with a lot over it. Let me know if you would like to still build the bridge without a working bridge underneath and I'll change it for the next update. Unless I'm wrong about which bridge it is, I'll check that the other one just hadn't become disconnected again, if so ignore this.

The Pagoda looks wonderful, great job on the diorama. The theatre is looking great too.

I haven't been able to work on the world for the past 3 days but I will get back to it as soon as I can.

I'll keep monitoring the thread for lots and issues. I appreciate it.

That's very helpful @romagi1, thank you!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Aw, that’s a shame it didn’t work. Yes I noticed the cars diving under the bridge but was thinking it may have been because of a glitchy road connection. No worries @Jessabeans ... it was an experiment and yes, I would like to proceed with building the lot without a working bridge. I can work on my bar in the meantime so no rush, thanks.

PS: there is a little tear at the rear edge of the pagoda lot near the swans. Maybe just need to conform the edges of this lot? Sorry, I’m not at my computer right now... can post a screenshot later if you wish.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @soocoolsim No need for a screenshot, I'm sure when I slid the lot over I found a spot of uneven ground. I'll sort out the lot before I place your pagoda. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I just did a test run uploading the salon. Town Life Stuff did sneak its way in, somewhere in the clothing. I will look at that later. I need a break. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I found the culprit pretty quickly. I was good to guess it was in one of the children's pieces, first. Saved me a lot of time. :D

DOWNLOAD: Francine's Beauty Boutique, Salon & Tattoo

Pictures

@Jessabeans, hopefully none of these plant changes are problematic. If they are, you hereby have my permission to change it as needed for the world :wink: (same if you want to change the stone paths on the outside to match other lots) I used pink roses and azaleas in the flower beds, red oak to match the surroundings to replace the trees that were in the back of the lot, white lillies and um, I forgot the name of the others. Here's a picture with them all . . .
    Vqxr1xt.jpg

• Options

Francine’s is absolutely darling inside and out. A lovely addition to the world. It all turned out beautifully. Well done @60smusicluvr ! Links added to page 1 🌟😀
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    @60smusicluvr , your salon is beautiful and the makeover on the exterior is perfection! Your sign with the picture on it is a genius idea, and such a perfect choice for a salon. It's going to look gorgeous in this world, very well done!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    @Jessabeans, Just an FYI - I noticed something funky going on with the right side of this wall with the jagged edges. This is right in front of the Venice train station lot.
    CscdRV1.jpg
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    Francine's turned out great @60smusicluvr ! Nicely done.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @soocoolsim @Sandraelle @suzses @Hidehi, thank you for the sweet comments. :heart:
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »

@HollownessDevour , for your Commercial lot 40x64 claim... will you be including any of the following you had earlier suggested as potential? Just want to flag if you're creating so no one else potentially duplicates.
    • Hotel Danieli, formerly Palazzo Dandolo
    • Palazzo Pisani Moretta
    • Palazzo Bembo
    • Ca' d'Oro (and the building attached to it)

Woot... now I finally get to go in game to check out the latest world version :smiley:

No, I suggested to others who might/may want to (since they match the Last Venue of Amore set). I am only thinking of doing Ca' d'Oro.

• Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited February 2020
    I took some screenshots of Teatro La Fenice last night. I'm still trying to get a gig there so I can playtest the stage. Maybe today is the day.
    @ Jessabeans there are boat routing issues in the canal oustide the theatre. I usually disable IP because of those dang boats. Everything else in the world seems to be running well. It looks beautiful. I used some store freebies in the gift shop- they are pictured in the spoiler. I can remove them if necessary.
    I furnished one of the units in the venice water access lotsfor my sims to reside in while testing. I am curious about the different color sidings you put on them. Is how you want them to stay or are those samples of what you want us to use in the neighborhood? Do you have some pictures of the look you are going for? If so, I will complete the lot (apartment or NPC) and upload it.
    Here is the back entrance off the canal. Sims are getting stuck in boats here and also wading into the water, then walking around the theater in their bathing suits.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here is the gallery in the theater. I have audience table seating in the gallery and 2 tables on the main floor.[http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/760/545/019/00/screenshot_original.jpg[/img]
    The bar original.jpg
    The gift shop
    original.jpgFront Entrance
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Dressing Roomscreenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »

@HollownessDevour , for your Commercial lot 40x64 claim... will you be including any of the following you had earlier suggested as potential? Just want to flag if you're creating so no one else potentially duplicates.
    • Hotel Danieli, formerly Palazzo Dandolo
    • Palazzo Pisani Moretta
    • Palazzo Bembo
    • Ca' d'Oro (and the building attached to it)

Woot... now I finally get to go in game to check out the latest world version :smiley:

No, I suggested to others who might/may want to (since they match the Last Venue of Amore set). I am only thinking of doing Ca' d'Oro.

Thank you @HollownessDevour . I’ve corrected the claim list on page 1 to reflect you potentially creating Ca’ d’Oro and added Doge’s Palace back to the open list of options for other community lots 😊
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @KarilynMonroe2 ... are you claiming the 30x30 water access residential lot or is it another size? I’ll add to page 1 once you confirm. Thanks.

Edit! Thanks for sharing the WIPs of your theatre. It’s looking really great 😀
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited February 2020
    One of the pics in your spoiler is missing the starting img code @KarilynMonroe2 -:
    screenshot_original.jpg

It's looking great of course.

And as everyone has already said, @60smusicluvr, that salon is awesome!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @Ciane thank you. @Jessabeans I am going in game again and will upload the lot because Its done. I just needed a starter in Venice. Edit: its the 20x33 lot.
    Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I took some screenshots of Teatro La Fenice last night. I'm still trying to get a gig there so I can playtest the stage. Maybe today is the day.
    @ Jessabeans there are boat routing issues in the canal oustide the theatre. I usually disable IP because of those dang boats. Everything else in the world seems to be running well. It looks beautiful. I used some store freebies in the gift shop- they are pictured in the spoiler. I can remove them if necessary.
    I furnished one of the units in the venice water access lots for my sims to reside in while testing. I am curious about the different color sidings you put on them. Is how you want them to stay or are those samples of what you want us to use in the neighborhood? Do you have some pictures of the look you are going for? If so, I will complete the lot (apartment or NPC) and upload it.
    Here is the back entrance off the canal. Sims are getting stuck in boats here and also wading into the water, then walking around the theater in their bathing suits.

I will look at it, it's possible I have the canal beyond the theater blocked off because it was too narrow for boats so they are trying to go in the canal and then stuck re-calculating a route. If I did, I'll try widening the canal.

Those are just the default colors of the wall treatment, I only put the basic shell on the lot so I could see what scale the lots would be. It's fine to bulldoze the lot or change it however you would like.

Thanks for the picture @Sandraelle, I'll get that fixed.

I'm feeling a little better now so I'm going to work on the world this weekend. I appreciate you guys letting me know about issues you've found. I'll add in the lovely new finished lots and update the claims maps.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @Jessabeans Thanks for looking into the boat routing near the theater. I tried disabling boat routing with the gohere mod and then my sims just try to swim everywhere. Its crazy because there is are so many roads to use.
    Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but the lot marked for Last Venue of Amore' is not the correct size for the store venue. Is there a smaller Amore build planned?
    I've uploaded the starter unit. (@jessabeans I re-uploaded with fridge and alarm)
    Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • Options
    Some pictures of my container home build: https://imgur.com/a/t7iMP9U

It's feeling done to me, but I wondered what you all think. Also, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking I haven't had the tile pattern used on the kitchen wall (circled on screen cap - last picture) nearly as long as some other things, which makes me wonder about its source. Anyone know what it's from?
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @suzses Your container home looks great. That is a base game pattern.

@KarilynMonroe2 I don't know of a way to prevent sims from swimming on a community lot with water access. Lots use separate routing from the world so there's nothing that can be done in caw about it. I know you don't want to rebuild your theater, but removing the water access is the only I way I can think to keep them from using it.

The plan for the lot is to build a few houses with the canal going between them like an alley, the lot is the size it needs to be for the track to fit. I removed the WIP lot for now.
    b0d68de1fd52f624a3cfb6849c3a56506f403a2c.jpg
  • Options
    @jessabeans no worries. Ive never been a playtester before and I feel like such a meanie reporting negative things! Im going to re-upload my starter house because I forgot the replace the fridge (fire damage). I also added a fire alarm. Cheers.
  • Options
    @jessabeans no worries. Ive never been a playtester before and I feel like such a meanie reporting negative things! Im going to re-upload my starter house because I forgot the replace the fridge (fire damage). I also added a fire alarm. Cheers.

I would much rather you all find something than it make its way into the finished world. 😊
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    @suzses - I love your container home! I really like the added deck facing the water and how roomy it is!

@KarilynMonroe2 - I wasn't fast enough to rec your lot, but I'll catch it when you reupload.

I am play testing and upgrading the swiss lot right now. Hopefully I'll get that uploaded before your next version @Jessabeans, and I'm very glad to know that you are feeling better.
  • Options
    The fishing spot: https://imgur.com/a/YbXNQvb

It needs a name . . . Falls Pond Fishing Spot is all I've come up with.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top