Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Here is the upload for Teatro La Fenice- sorry about the lack of description. I had a very busy day.
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9364446
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I like your fun patterns and graffiti wall, @Sandraelle, and it looks pretty well laid out to me.

Thank you @ciane! :) Yeah I couldn't find a pattern big enough for that big wall so the graffiti thing was about the only thing that worked.
  • Options
    @romagi1 , Wow, Thimble Cottage is so beautiful and adorable at the same time. I would love to live there! I really like your patterns and colors throughout - especially the little girls room, it's soooo pretty! Love the exterior colors and textures and the grounds, the fireplace surrounds, the plantboxes you added to the master bed, the cute little potty corner in the nursery, lol, just to mention a few. It looks awesome!
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Wow, only you could make a train station look so cool @Sandraelle . Everything looks so very stylish. I especially love the deli area. Links added to page 1. Well done! B)

@soocoolsim , thank you so much Paula! I was pretty happy with how that cafeteria area came out, but I wanted it to be much bigger, lol. I thought that market area had some interesting color choices - pink, white, black and orange? :)
  • Options
    @Sandraelle great job on recreating the train station!

Thank you very much @KarilynMonroe2 ! :)

• Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @Jessabeans, forget everything I said - I got it to work!!

Instead of bulldozing the lot, I went into edit lot and removed the dock, fencing and boats, and the title/description of the lot. Then I tried placing my lot, and it worked!!!!! OMG, I was freaking out that I would have to start it all over, lol.

The only things I had to fix after placing was the left edge of the dock where the boats were, as it was not flat, so just CFE'ed that and the boats were hanging up in the air, so I just repositioned them. Whew!!!

Thanks for the info about the backup, etc. That makes sense now. I'm so relieved!!!

It didn’t work when I first tried to place @Sandraelle ’s station even after bulldozing the existing port lot once. However, the method she used about first editing the existing lot to remove the buy and build objects worked so I’m re-posting in case others need this info too. The boats did hang in the air after placing, however once I grabbed and hit escape they dropped back into place. Looks even better in game 😀

Edit! Sandy, the game replaced most of the chairs upstairs with defaults. What set are the the white and red armchairs and bar stools from? Silly me, I couldn’t find the subway station then found out I didn’t have Late Night enabled.

Oh shoot - I meant to say something about placing the lot in my post but forgot all about it, so I'm glad you did (and glad it worked!). Thanks!

You scared me at first about the stuff being replaced with defaults - glad you discovered it was just not having LN enabled. Whew!
  • Options
    Here is the upload for Teatro La Fenice- sorry about the lack of description. I had a very busy day.

@KarilynMonroe2 , Hi Karilyn, I noticed lots of new store objects in your Teatro upload, and was just wondering if you remembered that we were supposed to be limiting the store content and that we should mostly be sticking to what's listed on the creator's notes? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17353973/#Comment_17353973
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @romagi1 Such a charming cottage! The exteriors are simply beautiful, and inside it's a cozy family home. Love how you did the fireplaces, the nursery, the wreath around the wall lamp, and well, many other things, too. You always have so many clever ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing what you used for a few things.

Putting all of you on notice - you'll have to race me to the realtor's office. ;)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2020
    suzses wrote: »
    Putting all of you on notice - you'll have to race me to the realtor's office. ;)

You'll find there is already a contract pending! :wink:

• Options
    ciane wrote: »
    suzses wrote: »

You'll find there is already a contract pending! :wink:

Wait, what??? You outbid me on the bidding war??? lol :mrgreen: My realtor is fired! :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Sandraelle wrote: »

@KarilynMonroe2 , Hi Karilyn, I noticed lots of new store objects in your Teatro upload, and was just wondering if you remembered that we were supposed to be limiting the store content and that we should mostly be sticking to what's listed on the creator's notes? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17353973/#Comment_17353973

Oh my...i tried. I began by adding the store content from the other uploads, then when the store list was created I went back through and added or removed things according to the list. I'm not suprised I missed some things. I will go back through the list and see what doesn't belong and I will re-upload.
  • Options
    @Sandraelle I went through the visual list and compared it to my store items used and cannot find anything that is not on the visual list. Do you see something specific that I'm missing? Also...I don't recall putting a T.V. in the opera house so not sure why that is showing up.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @Sandraelle I went through the visual list and compared it to my store items used and cannot find anything that is not on the visual list. Do you see something specific that I'm missing? Also...I don't recall putting a T.V. in the opera house so not sure why that is showing up.

@KarilynMonroe2 I hate when the Exchange shows store items that you never used! :# I have a feeling that you didn't use that Agnes bed in your theater either, lol.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but I crossed out the items that I believe we've already used in our builds, and the ones not crossed out I didn't recall seeing anywhere (of course forget that tv if you didn't use it). I compared them against the visual list that @romagi1 provided. But again, please let me know if I'm wrong on any of those items as I may have overlooked a few items or I might be forgetting that they're part of a venue, etc. :)

EDIT: A few of those items might be free items. :confused:
    MmbWwdF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Ok, here's my houseboat, Dolce Vita (meaning Sweet Life), that sits at the Venice train station port.

I was going for more of a yacht style look with the open air seating on the main deck, so hope I pulled it off, haha. It has 3 decks -- the main deck has an outdoor seating area, with a bar and loungers and a skylight above. A small kitchen and dining area is enclosed and sits at the main entrance. A ladder from the kitchen leads up to the observation deck. Stairs on the main deck take you below deck where there's a cozy family room with tv, computer and bookcase, an all-in-one bath, laundry area, a small gym and a master bedroom with en-suite bath. All upgraded.

Store items: no new items

@Jessabeans, I'm thinking that the houseboat was attached to my train station port, but I may have made some small changes to it since I uploaded the port, so would you be able to delete the houseboat and replace it with this version? Thanks!

DOWNLOAD

PICTURES
    0I0QqVw.jpg

sF1hMPH.jpg
  • Options
    @sandraelle that is very helpful! I was comparing my items to my own items, it seems @romagi1 has already added the screenshot of my items to the visual list! I will go in game and try to remove as many of those items as I can. Thank you for helping me out.
  • Options
    Sweet boat @Sandraelle, so the name really fits. I love the stream-lined look, the colors, the party lights, and the way you angled the counters around the helm. Really nice job!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @Sandraelle I love your Dolce Vita! How did I know it would be blue?!?!? :) I'm thinking those huge round windows under water would have a fabulous view! Well, as long as it is not the Kraken (is that what it's called?) coming at you! I've only seen it once and it was years ago.

@ciane, I checked your Alpine A frame out in game and it is perfect! Love how you used that mirror to cover the stars on the little wall hook thing and I have never thought to add a spare roll of Toilet paper on the back of the toilet and have the wall mount! LOL Gonna to have to borrow some of your ideas! :)

LOL @KarilynMonroe2, when I go rec a build I've just been snipping the store content and adding it right away, just to be sure I don't miss any items. I have removed that snip and will wait for the final version. :) I'm sure @Jessabeans will be relieved as the game is getting over full for her already.
  • Options
    @Jessabeans and @soocoolsim I would like to try my hand at decorating Riverside #1 - 2 Quai d'Orsay if it is still open.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @Sandraelle I am going over the list of items on @jessabeans list these are the items I used and will keep from her list.
    sculptureFloorJazzAgeMicrophone
    victorianfullset
    windowmedwed
    sculptureTableMedWedFloral
    ModCamboBedBathSet
    RococoSet -build items (candle makers delight)
    AncientGreekSet

I am going to need to keep the chandelier. https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24133&categoryId=13814&scategoryId=11549&pcategoryId=11545&ppcategoryId=11509

Also this Free Set is a nice addition to the backstage area. https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:34065&section=UpSell

EDIT: Okay here is the new upload. I could not find the Banarasi End Table anywhere in the build but it is still showing on the list.
    P.S. the bed is not a mistake, there is an area backstage for the performers to rest.
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9364683
    Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @ciane, I checked your Alpine A frame out in game and it is perfect! Love how you used that mirror to cover the stars on the little wall hook thing and I have never thought to add a spare roll of Toilet paper on the back of the toilet and have the wall mount! LOL Gonna to have to borrow some of your ideas! :)

Borrow away! :smiley:

I got your new upload rec'd @KarilynMonroe2.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @Sandraelle Dolce Vita is bellissima. Love all the open space and the below decks windows (never would have thought to do that but it's a great idea).
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @soocoolsim I've sent the download link for the finalized fishing spot, Falls Pond, to Jessabeans and don't plan to put it in my studio because it doesn't look like much if placed in another location. The photo album is here: https://imgur.com/a/YbXNQvb . If you or anyone would like the link to download it before the next beta, I'd be happy to share it.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Great fishing spot @suzses! And yay to toddler potty chairs in the bath! :mrgreen:

@KarilynMonroe2 I have your new Teatro La Fenice rec'd and snipped!

@anyone, @Jessabeans Is this the full Regal Set? victorianfullset If so I'd like to add a visual of it to the album. :)

Post edited by romagi1 on
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your nice comments on the houseboat. Haha @romagi1, yes, you do know I like blue! LOL I'm not sure how realistic those huge round windows would be on a real yacht, but hey, makes for nice views! lol :)

You're welcome @KarilynMonroe2 , got your new version already rec'd. Sorry that I missed some things that @Jessabeans already had on that list, as I couldn't really make sense of what was what, with the way some of them are named. :confused::)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited February 2020
    Thanks @KarilynMonroe2 and @Sandraelle for working together to pare down the amount of new store items.

Unfortunately we're pretty much at / over capacity for optimal CAW and world performance.

I'm still hoping to reserve some leeway for those who have not used much store to add a few items in future that may be really integral to the architecture of their builds. As such, I'll be tweaking the notes on page 1 to reflect a hold on future additional store items. Once we have a better handle on performance concerns, we may be able to accommodate requests for specific items through some kind of pre-approval.

@romagi1 , I remember that @Jessabeans was planning to uninstall some full sets and just install the individual items used so far so perhaps hold on adding the full Regal set screenshot for now? However... with all the Paris and London builds coming up, this may be one of those sets most may find useful. Let's wait and see....

@Jessabeans , hope you are getting better... please don't stress to respond right now. There likely are enough store items on the existing list that creators can use to continue making those wonderful builds :smile:

Thanks @everyone for your consideration in helping to make our joint world accessible and playable. Will be responding to the latest posts and updating threads shortly :smiley:
    Post edited by soocoolsim on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top