Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, I would definitely be up for that!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Well, it is their 20th, so it should be something big like freeing infants.❤️
  • Options
    TokamiTokami Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't really expect much from the to be honest, maybe they will get us a few new items....
    I would love if they gave us something in terms of adding actually gameplay to the game. New interactions and activities. Or just finally free the babies
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The burglars with the scary music should come back :) they were so awesome.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dragons are iconic Sims 1 content. (And they appeared in Sims 3, albeit very poorly-done.) A good way to honor The Sims' roots?
    shorty943p wrote: »
    I side with Buddha on this.

Wish for nothing and EA wont disappoint you.
    thumb_i-expect-nothing-and-im-still-let-down-actually-matching-60335858.png

I don't understand your weird obsession with dragons. They aren't even that iconic to begin with since they were in the last EP. There are NPC's and content that is much more easily affiliated with the sims, like the burglars with the striped shirts and mask, for example. I think there's content that would benefit this game much more than pet dragons too. Hell I barely even play with normal pets as is on TS4.

they are 100% iconic to anyone that played The Sims Makin' Magic
    (the most iconic pack ever) because that is all I ever played with as kid playing ts1

and also ts2 didn't have any
    ts3 made trash out of dragons
    and we don't want ts4 fail them this hard to just make them a random floating object

like I'm sure we would not be as salty if they remade them better at least for once but they didn't

it's time for dragons to make a grand comeback or I'm gonna cry for next 10 years in row okay
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I rarely expect anything from anybody, that's how I was raised. Nobody owes me anything. It is nice, however, if someone wishes to give me something. I will graciously, I hope, accept their gift. I guess I just don't get the new generation these days with its sense of entitlement.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited December 2019
    @GalacticGal Oh, I don't think its entitlement. They aren't doing that for free, we pay for the game and we have the right to demand quality. EA isn't an indie company run by starving developers, its one of the biggest franchises in this world of ours. They should at least hear our complaints about bugs and fix them, there are packs with bugs for a long time, like Dine Out. Of course, there are those simmers that go beyond the acceptable limit, but it isn't particular to this fandom.
    And, on the 20th anniversary matter, its hard not to expect something. Its a historic mark for the franchise, I would make something remarkable if it was in my power, but I'm just one of the many who have been here since the beginning of the franchise, not a dev.

Off topic: I just noticed your Star Trek related fanfic mention there... I'm happy to see writers in here, are you a SW fan too? I didn't get the chance to watch the movie yet... If you like SW and watched it, is it as bad as everyone is saying?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.

They already disgraced all his work with TS4 tho. 😖

Will Wright didn't even want to make a sims 2 he wanted to stop at sims 1 so I'm fine with them not doing what he would have done
    also he got the idea for the sims from another guys work so it wasn't all his idea a lot of people worked on the game and helped make the sims what it is here's a video of the game that gave will the idea for the sims
    https://youtu.be/rYz_leh9J3E

oh and yes I do think they will do something for 2020 I just have no idea what it will be :)

Still with TS2 they knew what they did and did an amazing job plus they surpassed the level of TS1.

yes sims 2 is good but I wouldn't give will all the credit
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I really wish for something game-changing and significant, but I try to keep my hopes low, so I won't be disappointed. It would be cool if they added a forgotten feature from The Sims 1 or The Sims 2, though.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.

Will Wright didn't even want to make a sims 2 he wanted to stop at sims 1 so I'm fine with them not doing what he would have done
    also he got the idea for the sims from another guys work so it wasn't all his idea a lot of people worked on the game and helped make the sims what it is here's a video of the game that gave will the idea for the sims

oh and yes I do think they will do something for 2020 I just have no idea what it will be :)

Still with TS2 they knew what they did and did an amazing job plus they surpassed the level of TS1.

Can you elaborate?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

i was thinking the same lol
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It would definitely be nice to see something big come out of the 20th anniversary of the series.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @GalacticGal Oh, I don't think its entitlement. They aren't doing that for free, we pay for the game and we have the right to demand quality. EA isn't an indie company run by starving developers, its one of the biggest franchises in this world of ours. They should at least hear our complaints about bugs and fix them, there are packs with bugs for a long time, like Dine Out. Of course, there are those simmers that go beyond the acceptable limit, but it isn't particular to this fandom.
    And, on the 20th anniversary matter, its hard not to expect something. Its a historic mark for the franchise, I would make something remarkable if it was in my power, but I'm just one of the many who have been here since the beginning of the franchise, not a dev.

Off topic: I just noticed your Star Trek related fanfic mention there... I'm happy to see writers in here, are you a SW fan too? I didn't get the chance to watch the movie yet... If you like SW and watched it, is it as bad as everyone is saying?

I'm a SW fan on a very limited basis. The first three films back in the late 70s were okay, with the second one being by far the weakest entry. (I find the overall storytelling light weight and shallow, on the whole.) I liked the first of the newer entries, but it all went quickly downhill for me from there. I was very off-put by the relationship betwixt the Princess and the soon-to-be dark one. It was gross when she mentioned she would always remember him as that ten year old boy. (Ick. Awkward, get that image out of my head!) I fear that Lucas' rather acrimonious divorce robbed him of any real sense of romance for life. So, no, I haven't gone out to see a film in quite some time, and certainly not that one. Sorry.

As for EA handing out freebies, while I do know they're not a starving indie company, they owe us fixes and that's about all I want for the anniversary. Something they should have already seen to. We do pay real money to play their games and they should remember we're the reason they're not some indie start-up company. Fix the things you broke, that were once fixed but are now broken again, please. Please make it so my Sim doesn't waste precious Sim seconds just standing there (with or without their finger up their nose) as if there isn't any activities queued up for them. Fix it so the game doesn't lock-up periodically. I've got a 64-bit system and lots of RAM. Why, EA, why?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Well, it is their 20th, so it should be something big like freeing infants.❤️
    I wish.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2019
    Karon wrote: »

I'm a SW fan on a very limited basis. The first three films back in the late 70s were okay, with the second one being by far the weakest entry.

Heresy!
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Didn't they release anniversary objects during a Sims 3 expansion to celebrate the 10th? I seem to remember that tacky Livin' Large bed being redone..

(But that bed was legendary -- introduced "Playing in Bed", later known as Woohoo, to the series!)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It would definitely be nice to see something big come out of the 20th anniversary of the series.

it would be nice to see a big expansion pack for once

magic realm and island living were so underwhelming for 2019 for me. university was not great with its rabbit hole instead of more actual gameplay. felt incomplete.

i hope 2020 will be better, more than 20th anniversary to be honest
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited January 2020

Can you elaborate?

well there was the people who talked him in to making the sims 2
    the programmers and artiest producers and lots of people that came up with all the great ideas together
    also the voice actors that helped make simalish what it is to day the band that plays the songs
    the sound makers I could go on

any way we should find out in a month or so if we get anything
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I expect we get something, but not sure if it will be something big that changes gameplay (cars perhaps) or something small like a few cas items or object recolors.
    I'll just patiently wait and hope for the best.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2020
    A free copy of TS5 for everyone, anywhere, if they ever purchased any of the other base games. That's a thank you. ETA: Give it away like MS did Windows 10. ;) But you know there is a hook in there somewhere.

And on other matters, a game is only as good as it's Creative Director and General Manager allows it to be. The leader over the game gets to make final decission, in or out, do it, or don't. Will Wright seems to understand (by the result of TS2 being the all time favorite of most or at least the expected standard) it mattered what decissions he would allow. (even if team effort of the base) So, leader matters = and isn't always about the money.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I would love a new empty world like they did with Newcrest. I need more lots of my Sims!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    A free copy of TS5 for everyone, anywhere, if they ever purchased any of the other base games. That's a thank you. ETA: Give it away like MS did Windows 10. ;) But you know there is a hook in there somewhere.

And on other matters, a game is only as good as it's Creative Director and General Manager allows it to be. The leader over the game gets to make final decission, in or out, do it, or don't. Will Wright seems to understand (by the result of TS2 being the all time favorite of most or at least the expected standard) it mattered what decissions he would allow. (even if team effort of the base) So, leader matters = and isn't always about the money.

nobody said anything about money and anyway I'm sure will thought of things to go in the game to I don't think its right to give him credit for the work of others though anyway I'm getting off topic no I don't think they will give us sims 5 for free but maybe we will get better babies
    or slow dance I hope
    I also think being a leader is a very important job :)
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    What I want:
    -Personality improvement (more traits, more aspirations, zodiac signs, turn on/off or whatever they come up with)
    -The return of collections
    -Color wheel for hair (I doubt we could get color wheel for anything else)

What I expect:
    -Nothing
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I'm hoping for the Sims 1 complete collection to be given out in origin.

In the Sims 4 I'd love them to add some more NPCs like they did with the Sad Clown for an earlier anniversary. Please give us burglars, Agnes Crumplebottom, and the social bunny!
  • Options
    minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    I believe that the ElectroDance Sphere [Sims 2] / PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor [Sims 3] would be a fun, exciting object to introduce into Sims 4 as an 'Anniversary' item, even if it didn't have an appearance in Sims 1 (that I am aware of).

Alternately, another 'Newcrest' free 'open' (read: empty lot) world would be a nice thing, possibly with some deco world objects that hearken/give reference to past generations would be lovely as well. However, with all of the fanfare of the terrain tool, it would be an extra 'bonus' of the lots & world were not a basic flat plane, but had 'challenging' 'pre-mounded' lots to build with...