Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Comments

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Yes. Even if it's only them bringing back the timed events, like the sugar skulls or easter eggs. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I thought those were fun. As someone who buys every pack day of release, I feel we get left out of any rewards (sales, etc) and those timed events were fun for everyone. And if someone didn't enjoy them, all they had to do was not participate.

But a new hair or something would be cool, too.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I assume we'll get something. Big or small, though, I'm not sure.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Nothing of significance, more papering over the cracks.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I would hope for something significant but I never get my hopes up.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    My wish color wheel and pond tools. My expectations, something Star Wars related probably or something YA female exclusive only.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes, I do. We always get T-shirts. This time we could get pants. Basic lenghth, shape, colours and for each!!! age category and gender. There is not enough of these.

Or we could get the heart shaped bed. That would be also pretty great.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I. An ideal world I would like a Sims 5 announcement otherwise having a legacy world such as Newcrest or Sunset Valley would be nice.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I'm assuming they would do something for it.

What I want to see:
    -Bug fixes
    -Graphical improvements to the world to fix broken world objects (for example, sign near the hackings' house in Brindleton Bay is nearly invisible from the back which is how you see it 99% of the time)
    -Releasing on Switch (with 64 gb game cartridges coming soon, and how it has other really huge, detailed games on it, I don't see that it's impossible)
    -Other event that is well planned and executed

What I expect to see:
    -New clothing object
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    They'll do something, obviously. Will it be anything major or game changing, I doubt it.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Yes; a new patch that fixes none of the problems I have, but breaks something else. So, the usual.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.

They already disgraced all his work with TS4 tho. 😖

Yeah, it's kind of interesting how it's a backwards game. There are a lot of games designed for and released on consoles that later get ported to pc, and a lot of games designed for and released on pc that later get downsized and go over to console. This feels like a game that was designed for consoles but was released on pc, and THEN released later on consoles. Never felt like a true pc Sims game.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

I disagree, but I also didn't play any other Sims games.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe they'll finally bring back the vibrating heart bed for this iteration lol
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    I honestly just want bug fixes xD I don't think they'll do anything in regards to gameplay....which is what a lot of people would want. We'll probably get another recolored t-shirt saying "20" with a plumbob.

Regardless of anniversary or not, I wish they brought back the personal sim bios I'm tired of asking for, improved babies, improved the AI/traits/personalities, added cars and garages and updated fridges so that we have to stock them in residential lots, like in TS2, with the option to order groceries though the phone/computer and a delivery guy comes with the grocery basket.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    I side with Buddha on this.

Wish for nothing and EA wont disappoint you.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I expect we'll get a few CAS items. Perhaps some differently shaped cakes would be a nice change.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Lol How can you disagree when you haven't played the others? At most you shouldn't have an opinion on the matter.

I've played all the sims iterations and I still disagree. I guess just it's a matter of what a player prefers.

As for me I just wish they would fix whims. I'm sick of them not fulfilling when I go to the effort to do them.
    edited December 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »

I've played all the sims iterations and I still disagree. I guess just it's a matter of what a player prefers.

As for me I just wish they would fix whims. I'm sick of them not fulfilling when I go to the effort to do them.

I've noticed that recently as well. Fingers crossed for a fix.
    edited December 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Lol How can you disagree when you haven't played the others? At most you shouldn't have an opinion on the matter.

It's not about if you agree or disagree. It's about having an opinion on something you've never tried.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Scobre Its the 20th anniversary. I don't think it should be small like a shirt/hair, but I don't even think it should be something big (like color wheel, better babies, etc)... Its about the Sims franchise as a whole, not about Sims 4. This should be about the first sim game. Maybe they could port Sims 1 to be playable in mobile, announce Sims 5 as a Sims 1 remake (with everything exactly as it was in SIms 1, but with better graphics and 3D)... At least the Old Town neighborhood from Sims 1 added to SIms 4. Its time for them to start rescuing old assets/ideas that we love adn have a special place in our hearts. Pokémon has been doing that since Fire Red and Leaf Green. I know Sims isn't pokémon, but they can find a way to fit that in the franchise, maybe as extra packs like a Sims 1 Game Pack including all the objects + world + clothign inspired by the premade looks.... Idk, nothing that can be added as an update in Sims 4 seems big enouhg to commemorate the 20th birthday besides paying homage to the original simming game.
    doogerie wrote: »
    I. An ideal world I would like a Sims 5 announcement otherwise having a legacy world such as Newcrest or Sunset Valley would be nice.

Honestly, havin Sims 1 world remade in SIms 4 would be the ideal gift to me + the sims 1 objects and a couple of clothing.
    I'd quite like the Roman themed decor and outfits from Sims 1 back. Of course they weren't so much outfits as bodies back in Sims 1 but it would be great to have an upgrade.
    edited December 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    @Scobre Its the 20th anniversary. I don't think it should be small like a shirt/hair, but I don't even think it should be something big (like color wheel, better babies, etc)... Its about the Sims franchise as a whole, not about Sims 4. This should be about the first sim game. Maybe they could port Sims 1 to be playable in mobile, announce Sims 5 as a Sims 1 remake (with everything exactly as it was in SIms 1, but with better graphics and 3D)... At least the Old Town neighborhood from Sims 1 added to SIms 4. Its time for them to start rescuing old assets/ideas that we love adn have a special place in our hearts. Pokémon has been doing that since Fire Red and Leaf Green. I know Sims isn't pokémon, but they can find a way to fit that in the franchise, maybe as extra packs like a Sims 1 Game Pack including all the objects + world + clothign inspired by the premade looks.... Idk, nothing that can be added as an update in Sims 4 seems big enouhg to commemorate the 20th birthday besides paying homage to the original simming game.
    doogerie wrote: »

Honestly, havin Sims 1 world remade in SIms 4 would be the ideal gift to me + the sims 1 objects and a couple of clothing.

Releasing an HD version of TS1 on Origin, compatible with windows 10, for everyone would be great as well.

Or maybe they'll release an isometric camera view for TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1