Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My hope is that they will fix more bugs and give the game more interesting gameplay. My expectations is that we will get some shallow content to commemorate.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Dragons are iconic Sims 1 content. (And they appeared in Sims 3, albeit very poorly-done.) A good way to honor The Sims' roots?
    shorty943p wrote: »
    I side with Buddha on this.

Wish for nothing and EA wont disappoint you.
    thumb_i-expect-nothing-and-im-still-let-down-actually-matching-60335858.png

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Releasing an HD version of TS1 on Origin, compatible with windows 10, for everyone would be great as well.

Or maybe they'll release an isometric camera view for TS4.
    Yeah I think I would prefer that over mobile especially since mobile players would complain about how hard the Sims 1 is on their devices. I rather have people on PC be able to play it again with how it was originally designed for PC. That camera view is an interesting idea.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I expect something, but I wouldn't try to guess what it might be. Decorative cars? Probably not. Some anniversary items like patio furniture and a few shirts.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Releasing an HD version of TS1 on Origin, compatible with windows 10, for everyone would be great as well.

Yeah I think I would prefer that over mobile especially since mobile players would complain about how hard the Sims 1 is on their devices. I rather have people on PC be able to play it again with how it was originally designed for PC. That camera view is an interesting idea.

@Scobre sorry, when i mentioend mobile i meant an updated version for PC + a port for mobile with appropriate GUI.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

@Scobre sorry, when i mentioend mobile i meant an updated version for PC + a port for mobile with appropriate GUI.
    Oh ok. Yeah Sims Online would be cool if available to play on mobile. I know some Simmers tried to bring it back for PC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2019
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.

They already disgraced all his work with TS4 tho. 😖

Will Wright didn't even want to make a sims 2 he wanted to stop at sims 1 so I'm fine with them not doing what he would have done
    also he got the idea for the sims from another guys work so it wasn't all his idea a lot of people worked on the game and helped make the sims what it is here's a video of the game that gave will the idea for the sims
    https://youtu.be/rYz_leh9J3E

oh and yes I do think they will do something for 2020 I just have no idea what it will be :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    My wish would be to bring Will Wright back...
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Another GameChanger event that no one cares about, more chairs, maybe some celebration items (balloons, party blowers,...).
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Maybe more maxis remakes of Sims 2 sims in the gallery
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I just wish they add something cool for gameplay

like they probably won't because cool things cost money and time and ea hates them but like they really should :c
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dragons are iconic Sims 1 content. (And they appeared in Sims 3, albeit very poorly-done.) A good way to honor The Sims' roots?

Many of us never got to see them in the original game so it would be great to have them back. I owned all the packs but I wasn't very good at utilising the magic world back then hence no dragons for me, and of course there will be many others who never played the original game or even saw the little dragons we got in Sims 3.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Simmer889Simmer889 Posts: 23 Member
    Expecting cars and garages.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I would like to have gallery acess in Legacy update as we can upload and share sims and sims lots.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Uh, yes. It's the 20th Anniversary of the Sims. That is a HUGE achievement. They can't not celebrate it- that would be a disgrace to Will Wright.

Yeah, it's kind of interesting how it's a backwards game. There are a lot of games designed for and released on consoles that later get ported to pc, and a lot of games designed for and released on pc that later get downsized and go over to console. This feels like a game that was designed for consoles but was released on pc, and THEN released later on consoles. Never felt like a true pc Sims game.

Seems more like a mobile to game to me. :smiley: But one thing we can't deny, it's a poor game.

I disagree, but I also didn't play any other Sims games.

You can disagree. You might try the previous iterations and see whether you like them or not. I also know that some simmers who started with TS4 find it harder to play the previous versions, but I don't know why. Maybe it's the graphics or the difficulty?

I disagree, but I also didn't play any other Sims games.

Lol How can you disagree when you haven't played the others? At most you shouldn't have an opinion on the matter.

Lol I agree. Normally when you didn't test something you shouldn't say anything.🤭 Anyway.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Will Wright didn't even want to make a sims 2 he wanted to stop at sims 1 so I'm fine with them not doing what he would have done
    also he got the idea for the sims from another guys work so it wasn't all his idea a lot of people worked on the game and helped make the sims what it is here's a video of the game that gave will the idea for the sims
    https://youtu.be/rYz_leh9J3E

oh and yes I do think they will do something for 2020 I just have no idea what it will be :)

Still with TS2 they knew what they did and did an amazing job plus they surpassed the level of TS1.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    Gordy wrote: »

I don't understand your weird obsession with dragons. They aren't even that iconic to begin with since they were in the last EP. There are NPC's and content that is much more easily affiliated with the sims, like the burglars with the striped shirts and mask, for example. I think there's content that would benefit this game much more than pet dragons too. Hell I barely even play with normal pets as is on TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I prefer to think we won't, that way I'll be pleasantly surprised if they give us anything at all :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 I agree that Dragon's are probably not the first thing they would think about when planning to add a birthday update to the game, but I also want dragons... Better than Sims 1/3, so I don't want them on a update, or they would end up like SimPlants, I want them to be on a GP or something bigger.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Maybe they could bring back some stuff from Sims 1-3, like they did for The Sims 3's High-End Loft Stuff pack.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I don't expect EA will do much to celebrate this anniversary of the franchise. I think the fans of the entire franchise, the ones who have played all four iterations, want to see something special more than EA or the gurus do. Expect to see a reskinned t-shirt or a compilation video of scenes from Sims1,2 and 3, rather than anything of importance. EA isn't big on nostalgia unless it makes money for the corporation, you know. If anything, EA would release a stuff pack filled with favorite assets from Sims2 and 3, for Sims4, then charge us for it after advertising it as an anniversary gift. That's the EA way. Giving away free stuff in updates and patches doesn't add to their bottom line.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't know but it would be nice if they did.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I don't understand your weird obsession with dragons.
    Dragons are awesome, duh.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 I agree that Dragon's are probably not the first thing they would think about when planning to add a birthday update to the game, but I also want dragons... Better than Sims 1/3, so I don't want them on a update, or they would end up like SimPlants, I want them to be on a GP or something bigger.

A dragon-themed GP would be amazing. I don't think our chances are getting them are particularly high but it doesn't hurt to keep mentioning them. I declared my allegiance to dragons a long time ago and it would be amazing to have them in the game again. ;)

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83 maybe they could take up on the theme they got going in Sims 3, since we already have witches in SIms 4. Like, and elven world with dragon lords, etc...