Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    > @MidnightAura said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Because the community allow it. In other gaming communities this kind of thing would not be received well. The Simming community is a grumbling one but they grumble whilst entering in their credit card details and there in lies the problem.
    >
    > I expected nothing from them because I have no expectations. Which makes me sad as I’ve been playing this game for twenty years. It seems like just yesterday I got the sims 1 for my birthday in February. When I heard they weren’t marking the anniversary with a live stream I had a feeling then it was going to be very low key.
    >
    > And it’s a good thing they didn’t do a live stream. The chat In stream would have been overhyped to hell and back speculating of free babies, bunk beds, pre teens, cars, open world - you name it. I think all hell would have broke loose had they announced it was just a hot tub and I suspect the devs thought so hence why we didn’t get a live stream. Although I’m in the minority here, I don’t care for the maxis monthlies. I think they are a huge waste of time.
    >
    > It would have been great to have an Iconic sims object like the love bed back but knowing EA they would probably say it’s against their Teen rating. It would have been nice to have the burglar or the fire fighter back but whats the point when fires are rare and people would complain about the burglar?
    >
    > Far easier to re skin a paid for item and give it for free.

I am relatively new to the sims but I agree with you, as an outsider, I feel bad for you all, your community is pitiful to me.
    1. They nickel and dim you for the smallest of updates, and you all including your Youtubers thank them for the scrapes they give you

2. They don't properly thank you for all the years of support, but look at the youtubers all happily ignoring that to reminisce about good'ol days

3. For all the $ you dropped, the game has the amount of glitches as an unfinished indie game made out of boredom

4. Most stuff packs are bare bones, 1 hot tub recolored and you couldn't be bothered to allow it to be an in the ground tub, with different shapes?

5. Everything is about NOT making the game better or introducing something new, NO, its about finding ways to make you buy something you already own or should have gotten with another pack. That is why you don't get a color wheel, how can they sell you the pink version of that yellow chair if they gave you that?

6. Players complain that this is missing, or that is wrong, but there they are proudly buying the newest pack and talking about how they own every pack, and how they love the sims. You guys are like parents who won't leave their abusive partner b.c they love them to much. Having stayed supporting such company that can't even be bothered to PRETEND they care about their fan base is NOTHING to be gloating about. Just like having chosen to stay in an abusive relationship for 20 years is nothing to be celebrated. The community is pitiful and it turns my stomach to see players ALLOWING and even PRAISING a company for their utter mistreatment of a fanbase. But then at the same time I can't help but feel you all deserve it, you did it to yourselves by always swiping and never demanding more out of the game you loved, your inability to use your wallets to demand a company treat your beloved game and its fan base with respect is your fault. As an outsider I can't help but feel bad for you all, its a shame you allowed this, its a shame you will never fix this, and its a shame most of you will never understand why the way EA treats you is a bad thing.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Would have been happier if I could have entered that giveaway for ts2 code. I don't have twitter and would have appreciated a chance to enter for people on the forums as well.:(
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    > @fruitsbasket101 said:
    > Would have been happier if I could have entered that giveaway for ts2 code. I don't have twitter and would have appreciated a chance to enter for people on the forums as well.:(

Why not make a twitter to only follow the sims on?
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Mr_MuffinTop The one thing I hate the most if them giving us excuses for removing/not adding something.
    They removed Create a Style/Open World because the two together made the game lag. So... gues what? That was the first time the devs did that in a Sims game. That was the first time and it was in 2009. Sims 4 was released in 2014. We have better tech today! The real problem is that they didn't took their time, effort and money to improve those features to fix them. Thats the problem. i hate hearing a simmer here posting on "unpopular opinions" that they don't want open worlds or create a style because they don't want to play a lagging game.
    It so offensive to act like we are that dumb not to know the real reasons why things don't work properly in this game. Just listen to us. We love Sims, we love that you can work on the game. We don't hate you for the sake of hating you. We have the rights to complain if something isn't working or isn't being taking seriously enough.
    I bet its all Andrew Wilson's fault, the EA's CEO since 2013. I don't know anything about him, he's pretty and succesful but he is that guy that defends loot boxes.
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »
    @Mr_MuffinTop The one thing I hate the most if them giving us excuses for removing/not adding something.
    They removed Create a Style/Open World because the two together made the game lag. So... gues what? That was the first time the devs did that in a Sims game. That was the first time and it was in 2009. Sims 4 was released in 2014. We have better tech today! The real problem is that they didn't took their time, effort and money to improve those features to fix them. Thats the problem. i hate hearing a simmer here posting on "unpopular opinions" that they don't want open worlds or create a style because they don't want to play a lagging game.
    It so offensive to act like we are that dumb not to know the real reasons why things don't work properly in this game. Just listen to us. We love Sims, we love that you can work on the game. We don't hate you for the sake of hating you. We have the rights to complain if something isn't working or isn't being taking seriously enough.
    I bet its all Andrew Wilson's fault, the EA's CEO since 2013. I don't know anything about him, he's pretty and succesful but he is that guy that defends loot boxes.

Yeah the excuses are getting on my nerves too. Especially if you play other games.

HzAeRxn.jpg

Black desert, an MMO praised for its beautiful graphics in game, is OPEN WORLD, was created before Sims 4, is more graphic intensive, and still manages to crash less than the Sims 4. You could have done open world, BUT EA most likely didn't care about quality and told the devs to push the game out faster b.c screw quality and giving players what they want.

"open worlds or create a style" won't lag a game if time and effort are put into polishing the game. People making excuses like that, often have limited knowledge on lag (and that is ok, nothing wrong with that), but they are often the same people justifying how being treating like dirt by a company is ok as long as you feel happy while swiping that credit card, which is not ok.

I don't know who it is really, but it being the fault of someone not on the dev team and more so on the EA corporate side is highly likely. Either way the community should be livid.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Mr_MuffinTop they removed open worlds and create as tyle, because Sims 4 was going to be a The Sims Online 2, but after Simcity failed they decided to scrap this idea. Now... Look at The Sims 5.
    The community isn't livid, but if Sims 5 comes out as Sims 4 did we are all leaving the sinking boat to jump into Citis Skylines version of The Sims or to Paralives.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    I bet its all Andrew Wilson's fault, the EA's CEO since 2013. I don't know anything about him, he's pretty and successful but he is that guy that defends loot boxes.

Yes, EA/Maxis has an awful track record when it comes to tweaking their game, just look at Sim City 2013 they shut it down as they refused to fix the problems ailing it. In Sims 4 they cater to the low systems as the game cannot scale up to whatever your system is using. So in essence if you want an system for simming do not waste your money on an high end system as Sims 3 will not use it to it's full potential and that is why I look at Sims 4 as an game made for phone or tablet but can be played on an PC at an Tablet level. The game is full of bugs and people were talking about Sims 4. almost every pack is gimped or has restrictions that versions before it never had and Sims 4 is supposed to be the best, I laugh when I see an post saying how beautiful Sims 4 looks as it lacks in features. :D
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Question, what exactly is in the patch?

Also if anyone would like a copy of TS2:

Wait, they're giving away ONE copy? They gave it away for free to anyone who asked back when they shut down support. Officially for a few weeks, but people were getting it free for the cost of a call to CS for a long time. Does that mean they're going to start supporting it again? Or are they planning on adding it to their vault or selling it?

Oh gah, that actually is insulting.

Ooops, not Maxis/EA. /rant off
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    So... out of curiosity... (since I just started playing in May) maybe someone who was active for the previous anniversaries can tell me what you got for 5, 10, and 15?

Just trying to see what sort of precedent they actually set.

For 15, uh, a trailer. I think GTW.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited February 2020
    Felicity wrote: »

Wait, they're giving away ONE copy? They gave it away for free to anyone who asked back when they shut down support. Officially for a few weeks, but people were getting it free for the cost of a call to CS for a long time. Does that mean they're going to start supporting it again? Or are they planning on adding it to their vault or selling it?

That's not "The Sims" though. Pretty sure Simperium has nothing to do with EA or Maxis, it's a completely separate entity and they likely only have whatever codes leftover from whatever Maxis had given them before or they've purchased before and held on until now. You can't really compare what they are doing and condemn them for having just one copy left ;) Now if this were Maxis/EA then they would have the power absolutely to open this up to a lot more people and only giving out one would be upsetting.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Can i just say here how I am annoyed at how since the last stream of tiny living, they try to give it's community the impression that they actually understand us, are trying to do things different and are here to listen.. well no! I feel it was mostly done to actually sell that TINY pack that wasnt receiving so well and wash away the backlash EA has been getting lately, cause it is all becoming too obvious what they are really doing it for.
    If it was even slightly true what they told us in that stream, it is super odd that for a 20th anniversary, nothing major was planned in favor of the community. This brings them back to level 1 again.

A hot tub update? that sounds like an update just to fill another months duty.
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »

That's not "The Sims" though. Pretty sure Simperium has nothing to do with EA or Maxis, it's a completely separate entity and they likely only have whatever codes leftover from whatever Maxis had given them before or they've purchased before and held on until now. You can't really compare what they are doing and condemn them for having just one copy left ;) Now if this were Maxis/EA then they would have the power absolutely to open this up to a lot more people and only giving out one would be upsetting.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up -- I should have paid attention to the source of the tweet. Well, it does do at least someone a little good to have the Sims 2 as opposed to the code sitting unused.

You know, I wonder if that would have been a good gift -- reopening up that giveaway. Maybe a Sims 3 giveaway (base game plus a couple of packs) as well as a 75% off, limited to two packs, store sale. The Sims 2 probably would cost them a little bandwidth, the Sims 3 would give them more store customers, and the 75% off sale would make Sims 4 people happy.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up -- I should have paid attention to the source of the tweet. Well, it does do at least someone a little good to have the Sims 2 as opposed to the code sitting unused.

You know, I wonder if that would have been a good gift -- reopening up that giveaway. Maybe a Sims 3 giveaway (base game plus a couple of packs) as well as a 75% off, limited to two packs, store sale. The Sims 2 probably would cost them a little bandwidth, the Sims 3 would give them more store customers, and the 75% off sale would make Sims 4 people happy.

I would have loved that! I missed the last time getting TS2 and I hate that I've lost it forever. :'( I would pay for it, even though I bought it and most expansions before.

The Sims 3 having a sale or give away would have been nice too. I have most of those but a lot don't and would benefit from this. This whole anniversary fell kind of short. They completely forgot that 1, 2 and 3 existed and that 4 wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for them.

They did say on twitter that they were giving out hundreds of free packs on origin from people's wishlist a few days ago, but I've yet to see a single person say that they've got one so I don't know if that's done yet?

It still would have been nice to see the older games honoured in some way though, they were the biggest part of that last 20 years.
    Origin ID: Peapod79