Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    In the patch notes, it does say “to start off the celebrations” which sounds like this is just the beginning and there could be something more. Assuming they wouldn’t keep releasing patches for every small gift added and this patch is the extent of game updates for now, it could be that there will be an announcement of some sort.

Do you think they are going to patch all day? This is just patch one?
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited February 2020
    How utterly underwhelming for a 2nd decade anniversary. some hot tub and a few music tracks. moving on back to the game and just forgetting about this.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »
    In the patch notes, it does say “to start off the celebrations” which sounds like this is just the beginning and there could be something more. Assuming they wouldn’t keep releasing patches for every small gift added and this patch is the extent of game updates for now, it could be that there will be an announcement of some sort.

They said in a blog post or whatever that they were going to continue the celebrations on social media for the rest of the week.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yeah, I expected something.....just not a hot tub :(
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @fullspiral @NationalPokedex no announcements, guys. They already stated that there's no maxis monthly in February. I bet we are going to get a couple of sims on the gallery from SIms 1 or something like that, and small stuff like that. MAYBE Sims 1 being added to origin... Idk.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No. Maybe an announcement or a call to reflect on "what The Sims means to me", but I don't really expect "stuff".
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Well, the hot tub is cute. The roof makes it good for outside. And it's fun to see a song from Sims 3 come back (We are Young).
    So, that's nice. But... I can't help but be disappointed too. I was really hoping for something(s) from older games that we could all be nostalgic about.
    Maybe I'd be less underwhelmed if the other stuff they were doing meant anything to me? I don't care about their codes on Twitter because I'm not all that enthused about the packs I don't own, or I would own them. And I don't care about the giveaway for Sims 2 UC, because I already own it. I got it free when they gave it to people who'd registered Sims 2 on Origin originally, without having to ask for it. And I can't play it right now anyway.
    There's still a shred of hope in me that there'll be more as the week goes on.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    If you've bought all the packs already and keep up with everything, I'm sorry you get nothing for your loyalty. I have a hard time believing that this is it. :/

I'm still holding out hope for a re-release of TS1 and/or 2.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

They said in a blog post or whatever that they were going to continue the celebrations on social media for the rest of the week.

Oh really!!!!

96hY513.gif
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Oh really!!!!

96hY513.gif

LOL!
  • Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    This is sadly the new norm for EA. They have been giving exclusive items from paid packs in free patches for awhile now. For this to be the anniversary “patch” is laughable. For all we know this was a scrapped hot tub from Perfect Patio, which I assume most people only bought originally for the hot tubs. I can’t imagine the music took much effort either. The photography skill and cameras, windows from Parenthood, CAS from toddler, CAS from fitness, and now a gameplay item from a stuff pack. I doubt that’ll be the last. The survey question asking which pack needs some polishing up (all of the above?) continues to show how out of touch they are with the forums. Happy 20th everyone :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    auginstine wrote: »
    This is sadly the new norm for EA. They have been giving exclusive items from paid packs in free patches for awhile now. For this to be the anniversary “patch” is laughable. For all we know this was a scrapped hot tub from Perfect Patio, which I assume most people only bought originally for the hot tubs. I can’t imagine the music took much effort either. The photography skill and cameras, windows from Parenthood, CAS from toddler, CAS from fitness, and now a gameplay item from a stuff pack. I doubt that’ll be the last. The survey question asking which pack needs some polishing up (all of the above?) continues to show how out of touch they are with the forums. Happy 20th everyone :)

Looked at it closely. It is basically one of the hot tubs reskinned from Perfect Patio, but they added a canopy/roof to it too.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Mind-blowing, outrageous, unexpected, never-been-done-before, outstanding, remarkable, 10/10.

I can't believe my eyes. A hot tub??? I'm so happy OMG

😂😂
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

Sorry, I meant that I don’t think they would patch all day because that seems unnecessary. If you want to patch things into the game I would think you would do it all in one patch, not multiple patches. So I was thinking the patch is the patch is the extent of the patch lol and maybe an announcement was a bigger present.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @NationalPokedex I was thinking, maybe they were saying "to start off the celebrations" because The SIms Freeplay and Mobile were also doing stuff for the 20th anniversary. Like... I wanted something HUGE, but I was expecting something small... but not THAT small! Like... I was thinking that maybe they could convert all the floor and wallpapers from Sims 1. There's not that many... I thin wallpapers are around 250, but some could easily be merged into different swatches for thigns we already have in SIms 4, or into themselves too. IDK... I'm disappointed, but not surprised. If they went with all their heart into this, I would've wanted them to add the Neighborhood 1/Old Town into Sims 4 + all the furniture required to make the houses as they originally were. I know we have the Goths in Willow Creek, but I doubt they can't substitute them for another premade family in WC and add them to their previous house in Old Town... oh... stop;;; what i'm talkign about?! hahahaha its not a possibility
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is sadly the new norm for EA. They have been giving exclusive items from paid packs in free patches for awhile now. For this to be the anniversary “patch” is laughable. For all we know this was a scrapped hot tub from Perfect Patio, which I assume most people only bought originally for the hot tubs.
    Which is pretty sad I remember when Perfect Patio was released someone was mentioning if they would do altered versions of this hot tub the Guru replied saying no that this hot tub would remain exclusive to Perfect Patio and if we seen another hot tub it would be completely different. Now I guess adding 4 polls and a roof is completely different.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?
    No. Well, nothing big or anything that I particularly wanted for anyway at least. I think it's a bit naive to do so in the world of business.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited February 2020
    So... out of curiosity... (since I just started playing in May) maybe someone who was active for the previous anniversaries can tell me what you got for 5, 10, and 15?

Just trying to see what sort of precedent they actually set.

• Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I didn't even think they'd do anything for it... this was next to nothing so I was kinda right.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    So... out of curiosity... (since I just started playing in May) maybe someone who was active for the previous anniversaries can tell me what you got for 5, 10, and 15?

Just trying to see what sort of precedent they actually set.
    I didn't join Sims community until the Sims 4. But out of curiosity I did look up the announcement for each one. I couldn't quite find the EA one for the 5th.

5th:
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20050207005389/en/Sims-Franchise-Celebrates-Anniversary-Continues-Break-Records

10th:
    https://www.ea.com/news/groundbreaking-franchise-the-sims-turns-ten

15th:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/fan-fun-facts-celebrate-15-years-of-the-sims

20th:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-20th-birthday

The 15th year we got family tree as a celebration for the Sims 4 and the first EP Get to Work came out.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sims-4-s-first-major-expansion-introduces-playable/1100-6425100/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    No. Maybe an announcement or a call to reflect on "what The Sims means to me", but I don't really expect "stuff".

They did that, they paid James Turner to make a YouTube video on that topic!
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    20 years of players mindlessly buying newer and more watered down packs and they can't be bothered to give back to the community?

I must say I have never seen a developer spit on its community so fearlessly, but then 90% of the community will still go out and buy the next pack regardless of how poorly they are treated by not the devs, but EA, the company in charge of making a budget that ensures something amazing and fun happens on a day as huge as a 20th anniversary.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    This is sadly the new norm for EA. They have been giving exclusive items from paid packs in free patches for awhile now. For this to be the anniversary “patch” is laughable. For all we know this was a scrapped hot tub from Perfect Patio, which I assume most people only bought originally for the hot tubs.
    Which is pretty sad I remember when Perfect Patio was released someone was mentioning if they would do altered versions of this hot tub the Guru replied saying no that this hot tub would remain exclusive to Perfect Patio and if we seen another hot tub it would be completely different. Now I guess adding 4 polls and a roof is completely different.

Girl have you seen the birthday hot tub?? I was expecting the iconic love tub?! It’s design is horrid lol no offence to whoever built the thing.. But it’s covered in the Sims Plumbob logo, obviously coz it’s an “anniversary item”, I get the idea behind it, but the execution? Honestly, it’s unusable!

I think it will encourage people to buy the actual hot tub pack more than anything hahaha

On a side note, does anyone else reckon this should have dropped with that free patio stuff patch they released, as the table clothes match the birthday tub complete with plumbob designs lol Perfect patio 2.0

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    For those saying well what do you expect, it’s TS4 lol that is a fair point.. But pretty sure they’ve been teasing about the 20th anniversary for ages now, they shouldn’t have hyped it up so much for... Drum roll please... A single hot tub! Not to be unappreciative but they should have kept that on the down low if that’s all they were doing? It probably took longer to design all the anniversary promo images lol

Fingers crossed they’re dropping a new item every day ala 12 days of Christmas or man.. What a bummer lol