Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    @Sandraelle - I love the log cabin and rock look together. Your outdoor porches and balcony add a lot of extra usable space. It's a charming lot for Sparky.

Thank you Ciane! I was originally going to put the fireplace on that rock wall but decided on a different arrangement so just left it. Yes, thank goodness we didn't have to count the porch and balacony spaces. :)
  • Options
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, Cute cabin Sandy! Loving that gumdrop tree! Yours is really roomy too! How is it that everyone else can do such great mini's and mine are always so crowded looking! LOL
    iampes23 wrote: »
    My house is finished. I have taken the "summer" pics and am waiting for winter...this might take a while. It is after 4 am, so I will check out all the houses soon. From what I have glanced at, we have some very unique tiny homes! Great job so far--and we still have another half of a month to go!

Rats! I need summer pics too! Well, it's suppose to snow tonite so I should have time to load the game.

Sandy I wasn't sure what level I should be either. Kept looking at all the fabulous builds and they all set theirs at intermediate so that's what I went with. :)

Rox, yours is a great mini and it doesn't look crowded. I was thinking that mine looked crowded, lol.

Haha, I was going to put advanced at first too and didn't see anyone else at that level so I said, nah, better not, lol.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, Cute cabin Sandy! Loving that gumdrop tree! Yours is really roomy too! How is it that everyone else can do such great mini's and mine are always so crowded looking! LOL
    iampes23 wrote: »
    My house is finished. I have taken the "summer" pics and am waiting for winter...this might take a while. It is after 4 am, so I will check out all the houses soon. From what I have glanced at, we have some very unique tiny homes! Great job so far--and we still have another half of a month to go!

Rats! I need summer pics too! Well, it's suppose to snow tonite so I should have time to load the game.

Sandy I wasn't sure what level I should be either. Kept looking at all the fabulous builds and they all set theirs at intermediate so that's what I went with. :)

Rox, yours is a great mini and it doesn't look crowded. I was thinking that mine looked crowded, lol.

Haha, I was going to put advanced at first too and didn't see anyone else at that level so I said, nah, better not, lol.

Both of you are definitely advanced builders. :D
    Beginner--I have a little experience, but I'm still figuring a lot of things out. I would not call myself an official "builder" at this point.

Intermediate--I have been building for awhile. I know the basics and maybe a little more. I enjoy building, but it is not my primary focus with the game.

Advanced--I know the Sims, and the Sims knows me. My name is familiar to a lot of veteran players, and I've competed in and won some building challenges and maybe even been recognized in a community showcase or two. I know most of the cheats AND I know how to use them.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @Sandraelle Candy Cane Cabin is wonderful. I love the pond and landscaping, especially the gumdrop tree. The stove you chose is perfect, I love all the christmas decor and it was so cute to see Sparky enjoy it in the pictures. The back porch with the christmas tree and hanging chair seem like such a great spot. You fit so much into your home!
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @Sandraelle Candy Cane Cabin is wonderful. I love the pond and landscaping, especially the gumdrop tree. The stove you chose is perfect, I love all the christmas decor and it was so cute to see Sparky enjoy it in the pictures. The back porch with the christmas tree and hanging chair seem like such a great spot. You fit so much into your home!

Thank you so much Jessabeans! I'm glad you liked that I added the gumdrop tree because I wasn't for sure it went with the style of my build, lol. I really wanted to include the christmas tree so that was the only place it really fit, lol.

Thanks for reminding us of the building levels. My bad for not looking at the descriptions of it. I will change mine to advanced then. :D
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,434 Member
    It's really nice to see some new and/or infrequent visitors to BNS popping up this time :) I'm enjoying all the builds but only taking tiny peeks because I'm working on one and don't want to be too influenced (and yes, I'm really going to finish something finally :D ).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    It's the all-in-one bath, @romagi1! You save at least three spaces for other things.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hi everyone, sorry for being so MIA lately, you know how life has it's demands. I was so happy to see this challenge come up, I just dropped everything to get in a build.

I have a brand new lap top and haven't adjusted to the smaller keyboard yet so please forgive any glaring typos :#

@creativemetaphor , So very creative, those lucky elv... err, helpers will be very spoiled indeed. I love how you used the Russian roof pieces, and the colors are amazing.

@ciane, The master of tiny builds, yours always look like they are huge on the inside. Like an optical illusion, you manage to get so much stuff in such a tiny place. Nice idea to use the ice chairs!

@Jessabeans , Perfect name, perfect gingerbread cottage. I really like the KPST windows and the wall patterns look just like someone piped icing all over the place.

@CidyWolf , Whoa! You need to change your building level from beginner to Expert. The way you sculpted the land and the stairs and getting a fireplace in every room, just wow!

@romagi, Your gingerbread cottage is adorable! I also love the chimney and you got a full bath and a wonderful kitchen in there, and the bridge over the pond, I am in awe!

@Sandraelle Candy Cane Cottage is my kind of log cabin. The plants along the walk at night remind me of gum drops. I always find something I didn't know could be recolored when we do these challenges and now I noticed the snowflake mirror! Who knew!

@iampes23 and @ADWilson I can't wait to see yours
  • Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    @Kgaff and @Sandraelle Thank you for the uplifting comments. Sorry for commenting back a little late. I love both your builds!

Kgaff I totally forgot about the gate from the Mill set. Crazy of me cause I used the fence and stairs LOL. It really makes a charming garden and your landscaping and house are adorable. I can't believe you got that tree and a big TV to fit! The wallpaper is clever. That is another wallpaper I never know what to do with.

Sandraelle How in the world do you get round stepping stones? That is awesome! The peppermint pattern is clever too. Love your colorful lighted pathway and the bicycle! Too cute! I've really been wanting to do a log cabin. Maybe, eventually, one of these days. I will have to send it to you to furnish it :)

All of these builds are making me want to check out one of the Holiday Worlds so I can line up all the houses on one street. I don't know where the babies will go though :D My house will be where the Grinch lives, way up in the mountain :) I recommended everyone's lots so far. I will keep checking in occasionally to see what's new. Have fun everyone!
  • Options
    @CidyWolf - You can retexture and recolor little round rugs for stepping stones. I too thought of putting all the little lots together in a Christmas Village. You are right though: We need some cribs. I already thought that we could use the all-in-ones to procreate in place of the double beds!
  • Options
    @CidyWolf, Yes I use those little round rugs quite often for stepping stones when I don't want to use the terrain paint. Thanks to @ciane for explaining. :) I also use the rectangular rug in more of my modern builds and recolor with a concrete look and use them for a pavers sidewalk and MOO them close together where just a little bit of grass shows through.

I love log cabin homes, I've built quite a few but not this small, lol. You should try one, they are fun to do. :)

• Options
    @ciane @Sandraelle

I don't know why I didn't realize they were the rugs. I am just going to go hide now LOL

I was also thinking my shower would work for the unmentionables. Yes, space is limited for cribs.

I definitely want to try an make a cabin eventually. It seems as though I have just been making things on a whim. I play for a little while and then my Sims need a new house. I go make a house they can't afford. Cheat my way into the new house, play a little while and start a new game. I have a ton of saves :blush:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #221 - Nicholas's Little Problem
    NAME: suzses
    LINK TO LOT: Elf Escape https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9353280
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmK37h7u
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20 lot in Hidden Springs at location of bulldozed Port-A-Party Mini Warehouse 40x40 lot (47 Ruby Court) - 55,012 simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

After a long day of building, creating, packing and wrapping gifts (and maybe shopping and baking) elves of all kinds need a place to unwind and recharge their holiday spirit. Tiny 1-bedroom, 2-story home with all-in-one bath, backyard hot tub and all the necessities.

House has 22 squares downstairs, 19 upstairs, for total of 41 squares used.

The uploaded lot has had the appliances, plumbing and stovepipe fireplaces upgraded. Just FYI, the fire alarm, while probably not needed now, is behind the fridge, and a burglar alarm is under the ivy at the back of the house.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you) N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you) N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

49223932142_cf9530522d_c.jpg
    Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    What a lovely lot @suzses! I love the color palette and the fact that you have a fireplace on both floors is awesome too! The elves will love the hot tub!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @suzses, I love the name Elf Escape! You always use the most soothing colors in your builds and then I am partial to green! LOL Your landscaping is perfect!

I didn't think about mentioning that my smoke alarm is behind the fridge and the burglar alarm behind the tree on the front deck. Suppose I should.

@ciane, yep the budget was large enough I should have went with the all-in-one bath and a smaller fireplace. After all the 64 x 64 lot requests I find it hard to think mini! LOL
  • Options
    Thanks @ciane and @romagi1 !

I'll be taking a closer peek at everyone's builds now . . .
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited December 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #221 - Nicholas's Tiny Problem
    NAME: creativemetaphor
    LINK TO LOT: Tudor for Two: Christmas download
    LINK TO MEDIA: Media link
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20, 40 Sulfur Springs - Aurora Skies, 63something (I hadn't intended this one to be the entry so I didn't pay attention to the exact cost, but it was somewhere over 63 but under 64)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A cozy home for you and a friend, this tiny Tudor has space for two so have a guest over with bunk beds and two chairs around the fireplace.

A surprisingly large kitchen offers a place for making hot drinks on cold nights, and a dishwasher - because who wants to hand-wash after a long day at the toy factory? Three options for cooking include a stove, grill, and firepit. The wrap-around porch has outdoor dining and a telescope for watching for flying reindeer.

Bathtub with bubbles and ducky for relaxing. Everything fully upgraded/fireproofed, and decked for the holidays!

Areas:
    Living: 18
    Kitchen/Entry 13
    Bath: 5
    Bed: 8
    Total: 44 squares exactly

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No feedback needed, just wanted to build :)
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @cidywolf That is so creative! I love making liberal use of terrain tools. I love the castle-in-a-rock vibe

@romagi1 Ooh another gingerbread house!! <3 So festive. And I love the covered bridge.

@Sandraelle Love the log cabin! Very cozy for the holidays. As others mentioned, I love the rug stepping stones.

@suzses LOL Awsome name, almost sounds like they're *trying* to escape. >.> Well, escape the dorm, maybe? That is such a warm, homey house!

@Kgaff Thank you for the kind words about my build! Yeah, I had another build I did first but I just so wanted to use those roof pieces and make this whole fasntastical look. It was a little more awkward to arrange inside but I really liked how it looked outside. I'm bummed I lost it! lol
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor Love both your builds. It's really a shame you lost the first one! It's name is perfect. You certainly did get all the roof pieces in there, which is a feat in itself given the size. Love the balcony, the window awnings over the curved windows. Great job sqeezing the bathroom fixtures into that shape of a room.

It's hard to pick really, but I think the Tudor is my favorite. I really like how you got all the shelving with clutter into the kitchen, under counter (stealing this idea), over window. In the living room area, also love how you combined that wall shelf and the hanging stockings, the ceiling tiles, the flowers with lanterns on top of the fireplace. It's all so cozy, warm and festive.

P.S. Elves might really want to escape, but figured they'd settle for an overnight, especially if there was a hot tub. :D When having trouble finding a name, sometimes I tend to go alliterative (even though we're talking vowels instead of consonants).

@Jessabeans Yummy. I think I'll just have a little nibble of frosting from the corner over there . . . oops, stopping before I damage something. Your cottage is adorable. The siding/wall treatments look so much like iced gingerbread and the windows go perfectly with it.

@ciane Love your cool, icy blues which make for a soothing environment. You always manage to get so much in small spaces, even a pizza oven in there!

@Kgaff Your build is adorable, with its asymmetrical shape and roof. Your landscaping and outdoor spaces are great. I've always loved that round arch and it works perfectly where you've placed it, giving a look in at the fire pit sitting area. It's all very pretty.

@CidyWolf Slippery Descent is a unique idea for a build and has another great name. Love all the stairs, but then again, I don't have to climb them. Perhaps sims won't agree with me there. Great job building it into the terrain and getting all the fireplaces in there. I'm glad you decided to join in.

@romagi1 More lovely gingerbread. I love your chimney and other stone - um, candy? - work. That is really clever. Love the bridge leading into the lot. The front porch is a really nice spot for the Christmas tree - all the porch decor looks lovely. The interiors are cozy - love the deep reds - and your Santa quite jolly and his helpers extra cute. Good to see you here.

I'm going to need to stop back to finish up. I'm enjoying all the builds and the great bridges (wonders what's wrong with me not to do a bridge).

(Note to self: Start with Sandrelle, p. 391.)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor - Oh, I love this second build! That stone is gorgeous. I love that icy white with the wood. And who doesn't love a Tudor build, right? It's great that there's room for a guest to sleep over as well.
  • Options
    @suzses I really like how you inset the furniture into the walls so they don't take up floor space. Yes, the colors are very soothing. The bamboo pattern on the rug is very nice. I love when a pattern can give some dimension. The windows are adorable and I have yet to use them. What set does the stove/fireplace come from? This is something I need in my life! :smiley:
    Thank you for the compliment. The stairs came about because I wanted stairs, but I didn't want to take up floor space. The first time the stairs didn't work, so I rebuilt it from scratch on a bigger lot. It goes faster the second time around. It's funny watching the sims climb them. Stop turn, go up. Stop turn, go down haha.

@creativemetaphor Tudors are up there as one of my favorite house styles. I'm realizing more and more how many house styles I like. Not just Victorians. Who knew? Your build reminds me of an old wooden music box from my childhood. Whoa, that took me back ages and I forgot all about it until now. The upper balcony with decor and lighting is adorable. I really must learn more of this trickery with the shelves! I can't seem to get items close together. I didn't know you could do that with those windows either. They look so empty otherwise. Do you know where the bathtub and the shelves in the living room came from? I need those in my life too!!
    Thank you, I never really know what to do with the terrain. And now that you mention it, I want a big castle in the rocks! :D Problem is, you can only play from so many angles.
  • Options
    @CidyWolf Thanks, Cidy. The stove is from Aurora Skies.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    suzses wrote: »
    @CidyWolf Thanks, Cidy. The stove is from Aurora Skies.

@suzses Thank you. That explains why I can't find it.
  • Options
    @CidyWolf I just checked the objects you mentioned in the Tudor, and it explains why you can't find them, too. The low wall shelves (which are the ones I thought you probably meant) and the wooden bathtub both come from Aurora Skies as well.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top