Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Nice layout! Love the diagonal wood flooring and ceiling. Great choice for a fence: it almost seems like snowflakes! Nice use of the tree column room dividers for the hot tub area. Such a pretty atmosphere with those big fir trees covered in snow.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @creativemetaphor
    The exterior of Winter Palace in D Minor is whimsically elegant or elegantly whimsical! The interior is cozy and cheerful with interesting things to look at everywhere! The rocking chair and comfy chair makes one want to curl up with a mug of hot cocoa, a few cookies and a good book.

Tudor for Two: Christmas has charming curb appeal! It seems too big to be a tiny home, lol ... no wonder you're an advanced builder!

@ciane
    Mini Housing is marvelous! Love the winter color palette and the sleek furnishings. Your layout is quite spacious and offers a lot of things for helpers to do in their downtime. The pizza oven is a great idea, too.

Your second one looks very appealing too!

Thank you for the compliment on my build.

@Jessabeans
    Your Gingerbread House Kit is a clever idea! You've made great use of the space and kept it cozy.

@Kgaff
    The name Elves are People Too made me chuckle but this build is no laughing matter! It's cute, colorful and very charming.

@CidyWolf
    Slippery Descent is not a beginner build, lol Having fireplaces in each room is a great idea!

@romagi1
    Gingerbread Cottage is cute! It has great curb appeal and the gum drop/jelly bean pattern on the fireplace is fun. Love the candy cane and polka dot patterns!

@Sandraelle
    Candy Cane Cabin is terrific! Great layout and colors/patterns. The upper deck is a clever idea! Your use of decor gives this a lovely lived-in feel.

@suzses
    Elf Escape is a fun name! Such a calm and relaxing space for the elves. The layout is efficient but doesn't seem sparse due to all the nice clutter pieces.

@iampes23
    Polar Tiny House is colorful and cute! You fit a lot of things in this smaller lot. Can't imagine any unhappy Sims living here!

@soocoolsim
    Your Elf Express series are clever, cute and jaw-dropping! Any one of these would be a dream to live in. Seeing them side-by-side shows how innovative your design is.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ADWilson That's a nice street address you found to use for this build. Your layout worked very well - you managed a full bath, 2 space fireplace and still seems to have good floor space. I like that you coordinated your window shades with the table and chairs. Lots of fun things to do on the lot, too.

@soocoolsim Waiting patiently (ha) to see that third train car.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Thank you @suzses :)
    The 19 is for the year and I thought the street name was festive sounding.
    It was fun to do & I admit I'm half-tempted to try my hand at making another tiny build!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson , creative name you chose for your lot. :) I like the floor plan and you managed to get a good sized bedroom out of it and although the kitchen is tiny, it's still functional. I love the idea you had of using the tree branches for your supports around the hot tub....I may have to steal that idea one day, lol. Great job!

P.S. And thank you for your nice comments you made on my Candy Cane Cabin! :)
  • Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    @ADWilson Your build is so spacious! I also love the branches around the hot tub and the back wall. The red kitchen is retro and fun!

Thank you for your comment. I haven't been playing long and this is my first build challenge so I figured I am a beginner. :blush:
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

@ADWilson 19 Mirthful Lane is so cute. I don't know how you managed to get the rooms to look so spacious. I really like the hot tub enclosure, great way to use those room dividers, they look so natural outdoors. And the winter picture is Christmas card worthy, hmmm, I just came up with an idea for next year!!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @ADWilson 19 Mirthful Lane is so rustic and cozy. I love the branch divider around the hot tub. I love how you packed so many activities into the backyard. The layout is great, the half wall for the kitchen really opens up the space.

and thank you

Looking at all the entries now, I feel like I took the prototype part to seriously and wish I had done more of a lawn. I just love all the outdoor spaces and landscaping everyone has done.
  • Options
    @Sandraelle ~ Thank you! Feel free to borrow the idea. :)

@CidyWolf ~ Thank you! I also like the retro vibe in the kitchen.
    My goodness, really? I would never have guessed that you're new to the game and build challenges. My first challenge build was big and boxy looking, lol

@Kgaff ~ Thank you! By not putting too much in them, lol ... I really should have done more with decor.
    Oh ... ? Any way to get a sneak peek of your idea?

@Jessabeans Thank you! The half wall provides a nice divider for the dining nook.
    After looking at what you and others did, I wish I had made mine more whimsical & used pieces from KPST ... the grass is greener and all that, lol
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    OMG! Ladies and gents--best Christmas present ever!!! Y'all used the forms! Thanks so much! It may be my imagination, but I thought they were going to do away with us. No forms posted = no interest to those higher ups :D Even if you post a link, without a form the word is no one entered. Please keep using those forms!!! I still can't post on the first page, so keep looking in the thread--if nothing is changed by the 5th or so of the month, I will post a new challenge for us to do and beg them to change it on the front page. So, for now, please keep checking in the thread for the challenge if it has not been changed at the first page.

So many, many great builds!!! So many talented folks!

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited December 2019
    Final lot in the Elf Express mini-house series is now up :smile:

Download

fMdMK1S.jpg

Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options

And now I get to circle back to rec and take a better look at all the wonderful entries yay :)

@creativemetaphor , even though you didn't enter Winter Palace in D Minor, I have to say how much I love the creativity of this build. I would never have thought to use those roofing pieces in a mini lot. And the outdoor spaces really added presence to make this a grand home. Well done :smiley:

@ciane , Mini Housing has such a great layout. Everything a sim needs indeed. Well done :smiley:

@Jessabeans , what a totally charming build. Hidehi's Christmas Village is so very cute. I love the architecture and wall treatments. I just want to hug this home. Well done :smiley:

@Kgaff, I thought Elves Are People Too is so enchanting. The roofing, exterior patterns and are so wonderfully whimsical. Well done :smiley:

@CidyWolf , wow so creative. Love how this build tucks into the landscaping. Slippery Descent is such a well executed idea. The moat and bridge set off the home perfectly. Well done :smiley:

@romagi1 , Gingerbread Cottage totally portrays its name. Love the pattern choices and landscaping. And what a cool bridge. Well done :smiley:

@Sandraelle , Candy Cane Cabin looks like such a fun home. So bright, cheerful and welcoming. Well done :smiley:

@suzses , Elf Escape is so elegant. Love the pattern choices and landscaping. The perfect home for elves and other sims. Well done :smiley:

@creativemetaphor , love the architecture in Tudor for Two: Christmas. You did such a great job of landscaping too. Well done :smiley:

@iampes23 , Polar Tiny House is so striking with the yellow exteriors. Such a bold and cool idea of the cuckoo clock. Well done :smiley:

@ciane , I love the look of your snowflake igloo build and especially the interior colour scheme. Well done :smiley:

@ADWilson , when I first saw 19 Mirthful Lane I couldn't believe it was only 44 tiles. Such a great use of the exterior to add to the living space. Well done :smiley:

Every one of these builds is fantastic! I don't envy the judges making their decisions. So happy to see so many entries and glad I was able to participate this time even though I'm likely disqualified. Thank you for all the lovely comments on my submission. It was such fun making the train. I keep wanting to make more pieces to add on lol :smiley:
  • Options
    @soocoolsim ~ The Box and Coal House is a delightful end to this trilogy! All three together will be a wonderful addition to any winter-themed world and it's easy to see why you made mention of wanting to make more ... a dining car restaurant is the first thing that came to my mind, lol

Thank you for your kind comments!
    I used graph paper and kept erasing squares in order to bring it down to the 44 tiles. My builds tend to be larger ... much larger, lol
  • Options

Hmm... it would be so cool if others added onto the train @ADWilson . Can use one of my lots as a base and convert to other kinds of cars or start from scratch if preferred . Hint hint 😃
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @soocoolsim, another cute little train car. Great job on all 3 of them! You are so clever! (Rec'd and will DL later, but I had to go to your studio to see any pics, :p )

And what a great idea to add other lots to add on to the train, and @ADWilson, a dining car would be a wonderful addition to it. :)
  • Options
    piotr1562512piotr1562512 Posts: 38 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #221 - Nicholas's Little Problem

NAME: piotr1562512
    LINK TO LOT: Exchange
    LINK TO MEDIA: Album
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20; 1 Rags 2 Riches Road (Appaloosa Plains); Final Cost: 28,198
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A perfect little house for a person who loves being cozy. there's a big gardening section in the back which can easily serve a different purpose if theresident does't like it. The house is suitable for somebody with a dog or a cat. The bathroom is not attached to the main building and is only accessed through the back of the house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

49281571552_d6f0ddb56e_b.jpg
    49281352256_c3f79d27b0_b.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @piotr1562512 - I love the shape and look of the home and layout. The wood is gorgeous. That little sitting area by the big bay window is so perfect! I love the way you angled the floor tile and used the columns. The addition of pet options is great too. Really nice addition to growing tiny lots community!
  • Options
    @piotr1562512 I love your rustic little cottage. The decor is lovely, the flowers are a welcome sight in winter. It was thoughtful to include a place for pets. The flooring change was a nice way to divide up the room without closing it in. The exterior bathroom with icicles gave me chills just thinking about it but at the same time it's not hard at all to see the merit in a separate bathroom in such a small living space.
  • Options
    piotr1562512piotr1562512 Posts: 38 Member
    @ciane Thank you! I don't usually build such small houses but figuring the layout was so much fun and that sitting area is my favorite part of the house.

@Jessabeans Thank you so much. I agree with you, using this bathroom in winter is not a very pleasant experience but detaching it resulted in a bit more interesting shape of the main house.
  • Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    @piotr1562512 Great little house! They get a computer and a pet, that is awesome! The nook you made by the window with the columns is a great touch. It's nice you made the space for a grandfather clock and other decor. The way you merged the two different floors together is a good idea too.

@soocoolsim Thank you for your positive feedback. Everyone has been very encouraging. I'm flattered by all the kind words from such talented and creative people. Your train lots are wonderful and I think a dining car is a great idea @ADWilson.
  • Options
    @piotr1562512 Nice to have you join us. :) I like your build's cozy hominess, especially your rocker nook with the bay window and string lights across the opening. I love to play pets, and I liked seeing you thought to include accommodations for one.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @soocoolsim Thanks so much for sharing the third train car home. They're all so cleverly and well done and a great idea. Speaking of ideas, @ADWilson , a dining car would be perfect!
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Hmm... it would be so cool if others added onto the train @ADWilson . Can use one of my lots as a base and convert to other kinds of cars or start from scratch if preferred . Hint hint 😃

That would be great! I would love to see a pizza shop caboose or something. Or have several train car houses decorated by different people.
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor I'm sorry I overlooked Tudor for Two. It is gorgeous! I love the stone staircase, and the porch. The woodwork and details are just perfect for Christmas. I love the rustic touches like the bathtub, tools in the yard and open shelving in the kitchen. All the decor looks so cozy like a great sweater and ready for the holidays.
  • Options
    @piotr1562512 , Elf's Place is so spacious looking but yet very cozy. I love the little sitting area you placed in front of the bay window with the guitar and the dried flowers, and the fact that you thought to include a pet was a nice added touch. Great job!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top