Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    CidyWolf wrote: »
    @ciane
    I saw the contest and started to build something, but was having some major issues with it. I never made a community lot, so I was just going to throw a bunch of stuff in it and make it a general visitors allowed lot. There is also not a lot of time. It took me well over a week to do the Holiday House of Blues. I really struggle with roofs and then all the decorating. I also feel like nothing I build would be worth such a prize. You are all so very talented and creative. I'm happy to have done this challenge and meet all of you wonderful people. I always look forward to seeing what you all come up with. :)

Hopefully, that link @Jessabeans shared will help you. If you are still considering the links I posted earlier, here is the referral link:
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=57424604

• Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    @Jessabeans Thank you for the links. I was messing around with a partial dome and some of the roof disappears in Edit Town mode. It appears when you are on the lot. I tried deleting the floor pieces and undoing it and that isn't working. I always gotta make things harder that they need to be :D

Thank you @ciane for the updated link. Not sure if it's something I will do, but I will look into it again.
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #221 - Nicholas's Little Problem

NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9353056
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/64Syloi
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: A placed lot in Aurora Skies, 25x25 lot $1,250. total $64,998
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A tiny house with the look of a cuckoo clock (sort of), this is a neat place to call home! The living space inside has a full-sized bath and kitchen, a tiny eating area, and a cozy living space on the first floor. The second story has a place to read tucked under a loft bed and a porch with several activities as well as a chair to relax in. Because the inside is so tiny, the outside is a large space in which the lucky helpe...employee can entertain friends, garden, or bounce away on the trampoline. Judging by the happy looks on the elv...employees' faces, we helped Nicolas solve his "tiny problem." [The tiny house has been play tested, and everything does work and is accessible.]
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:my own patterns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FlX98bj.jpg
    pmRE2nX.jpg

Post edited by iampes23 on
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @iampes23 Love the bright colors and how many activities you've got going on outside. And another double fireplace build!
  • Options
    Great alpine shape to your cabin and as @creativemetaphor mentioned, you provided lots of activities.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @iampes23 Love your cuckoo clock idea - the snowmen, gnomes and birdies on the different levels work great with the theme. Your build is very cheery in the bright yellow. I like the different lot levels and the many outdoor activities.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @iampes23 The cuckoo clock idea is so creative. I like the little snowmen diorama for the 'clock face' part of the home. The yellow is unexpected and really sets off the holiday decor the fish tank window to the backyard with all the snow covered wood piles is lovely.
  • Options
    I had to do another one too. It ended up looking like this:
    screenshot-11-6.jpg

The lot play tested well, and even had room for a crib; but I didn't add one.
    screenshot-2-6.jpg

I'm making it over as a community lot on a 20x20 with a pond, but for now the pond is too small for ice skating.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2019
    @iampes23 , your birdhouse idea was very clever and came out really cute and really does look like one. I like how you chose the bird lights to add to the exterior and lined the front pathway with Christmas trees. The yellow really makes it stand out and lots to do outside. Great job!
  • Options
    @ciane, another cute build. I really like the shape of this one and the greenhouse roofing. I rarely think to use that flooring, but it looks so pretty in the blues and whites. And amazing that you got the full size murphy bed to fit. Will there be a picture link? I wanna see more!! LOL :)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited January 2020
    NAME: soocoolsim
    LINK TO LOT: https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9353900
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/YzmC2hy
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Nicholas Claus and his helpers Mary Lou Who and Junior Grinch
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 25 x 20. Oops... I forgot to check the cost before upgrading so its depreciated by two days. It was built in Hidden Springs, but I deleted existing lots to add 3 new side-by-side lots for the complete series. That puts me out of the running, but it's OK. This was just for fun.
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Come aboard and stay as long as you like in this comfy 1 bedroom, 1 All-in-One bathroom tiny home. #1 in the Elf Express train series of 3 lots. Access is through the enclosed engine front, however the actual home area utilizes 44 squares.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" if you'd like suggestions for improvement, "no" if you'd like only positive feedback: yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: NA
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you): NA
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you): NA
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you): NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

My inspiration story... Nicholas was getting frustrated. His employees were up in arms needing individual homes and his other big problem is the trains they used to transport the toys from the workshops to the suppliers were getting pretty old. He thought, and thought, then had a brillant idea. With a bit of paint, a warm fireplace and insulation, each carriage would be perfect as a tiny home. With the savings from not buying brand new houses, he could invest in purchasing faster transportation. Win-win.

oVwKr2J.jpg

Edit! Related lots available: Caboose ***** Box and Coal House.
    Mg4qO0G.jpg
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ciane Love your snowflake design. First I saw the flooring in the overhead, and then realized the building shape went along with. Very cute. I'm still always impressed with how much you get in a small build and still you have so much open space in this one.

@soocoolsim What a genius idea and so well done. I just love that the front of the engine is the door and steps, with the "headlights" to each side. Very nice details. The interior is well laid out and gives a sense of space. Love your snowflakes on the walls, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ciane Your wintery ice home looks so pretty, I like the clock on the stove, and how the glass blown utensils holder looks like ice and that sleek fireplace you chose. Did you use the glass floor tiles under the greenhouse roof? The ceiling looks so interesting, like crackled iced.

Oh wow @soocoolsim, the train car idea is genius and adorable. I love your creative holiday builds, they are always so fun and imaginative and this one is so practical too. The engine looks great! I love how you used the door to make the train grille, and the little dragon detailing on the side. The landscaping looks great and completely fits the theme.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

@iampes23 Cheerful :) was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your build. The yellow works really well and I agree that you sure got a lot of activities in.

@ciane Okay, l love this one. <3 The snowflake theme shines through and it reminds me of those ice hotels you hear of where everything is made of ice.

@soocoolsim You are a magician! Your expertise with CFE knows no bounds. The train is adorable, it's just a brilliant idea and executed to perfection! I want the whole train <3
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »

Thank you Ciane. The additional pictures make we like it so much more. :)
  • Options
    @soocoolsim , what a genius and clever idea your Elf Express Engine House is. As usual your use of CFE and the other creative things you've done to achieve the train look is fabulous. I love the wall texture in the kitchen and bedroom to simulate snowflakes. And equally cool ideas outside with the train tracks you made and the little train platform with the Christmas tree. Great idea, and can't wait to see your other train houses. :)
  • Options
    Woot! I can finally get back on the forums! I love, love, love your elf express! You are the master of CFE! Love the train tracks, the steam punk look to the engine, the whole design, and that wallpaper and ceiling tile are epic!!!
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @ciane Your wintery ice home looks so pretty, I like the clock on the stove, and how the glass blown utensils holder looks like ice and that sleek fireplace you chose. Did you use the glass floor tiles under the greenhouse roof? The ceiling looks so interesting, like crackled iced.

Yes, it is the glass floor tiles. I love the look with the greenhouse roof. Thank you!
  • Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    Sorry I'm a bit late responding to recent posts. I will be dashing off again soon, but will try to keep up.

@iampes23 I love the cuckoo clock idea! It is a very cheerful and welcoming lot. I also like the way you made different levels and all the activities that are available.

@ciane You do wonderful with tiny spaces! The colors give me shivers ;) I need ice furniture too! I love that you used the greenhouse roof pieces.

@soocoolsim This is very clever and fun! Do you offer building lessons? I sure do need them :D

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone. I'll circle back later to respond individually and check out everyone's super builds more closely. Just popping in to say the second part of the Elf Express is up for anyone interested :smiley:

Download
    nfMdVbZ.jpg
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @soocoolsim :o Holy Cow those are amazing!!
  • Options
    @soocoolsim , Your Caboose lot is just as cute as the Engine house. Love it, dl'ed them and rec'd both.
  • Options
    I am patiently waiting for the last lot so I can put them all in my game!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member

NAME: ADWilson
    LINK TO LOT: 19 Mirthful Lane
    LINK TO MEDIA: Picture Tour, please note that the top portion shows the challenge and the build tour is below that
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20, 42 Sulfur Springs Road (Aurora Skies), §47,118 (includes the price of the lot)
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Aurora Skies offers unique views on land and in the air (especially helpful for employees keeping an eye on the big guy and his sleigh!). This particular floor plan offers privacy as well as space for entertaining and can easily be tailored to suit individual needs & preferences.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: frontwinter.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top