Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    House Over Troubled Waters is a great name @creativemetaphor !
    Being part on land and part over water makes for pretty views in all directions. The water feature with bench seating looks very relaxing as does the sound of the nearby water wheel. Plenty of space for being alone or entertaining. The furnishings and stone/wood makes a cozy and peaceful retreat.
  • Options
    Beach Retreat is very inviting @iampes23 !
    Love your use of terrain levels! The solar panels and windmills are a clever idea and one I wish I had considered, lol Great layout with many items for artistic endeavors! Love all the textures and comfy furnishings plus the overall color scheme!

Petunia and Duke look terrific!
    Enjoyed seeing them in action.
  • Options
    Your Asian inspired/somewhat tropical build is beautiful @Kgaff !
    What a peaceful, tranquil space whether a Sim is outside or inside the home. It's open and yet each area is carefully divided. Beautiful color palette and decor items! The Twizy car made me chuckle. Such gorgeous views outside each window, I wouldn't want to leave home!!
  • Options
    Grandma's Cottage is great @piotr1562512 !
    The exterior coloring is very appealing! Love how you did a sun-room/interior garden (which I had thought of it!). Your choice in furnishings definitely makes me think of time spent at Grandma's. Love the openness of the kitchen and the adorable children's bedroom!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the nice compliments/comments on my build. :smile:
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #222 *Solving the Seniors Situation **Due January 31, 2020**

is now official closed!!
  • Options
    edited February 2020

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #223 *A Chalet Getaway **Due February 29, 2020**

eGf7jIN.png

It is a chilly, rainy morning when Karl graciously shows in your next clients, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Weston Vanderclump III. They are a middle-aged couple with plenty of character. Mr. Vanderclump looks dark and gruff, almost mafia-like in a pin-stripe suit; his wife looks bored and snooty. You try not to smile too widely as you greet them. After everyone is seated, you ask what kind of house the couple is looking for.

"We would like a fairly large vacation home," Mr. Vanderclump begins. "Chantal wants to get away for a little while."

"So, are you looking for a beach house?" you ask Mrs. Vanderclump.

She shakes her head slightly and looks down her nose at you. "Too common," she says in a voice so high it hurts your ear drums. You try to hide your surprise as she continues. "I am dreaming of a ski chalet in the mountains. I just love the snow! I grew up in the Alps, and that is where I want my retreat to be built. I want it to be spacious and inviting, with three bedrooms and two and a half baths. A large entertainment area is a must, since the kids may come up with friends from time to time. Hmmm...a loft to look at the views would be great, and a balcony or two would be nice. Space to house the snow mobiles and ski gear. Oh, that can be part of the garage." She looks at her husband as if she has just lost a puppy, and you turn a slight laugh into a cough.

"You may need to eat," he says gently, "a place to clean clothes, and a servant's quarters."

"True," she agrees, pouting a bit. "I want the outside to look like a traditional ski chalet on the outside, but the inside should be comfortable yet elegant. As in don't spare the expense." She looks down at her purse, then back at her husband. "A hot tub on a big party deck outside would be great as well. Just make it all look as ritzy as possible!"

You look up from taking notes. "And the budget?" You look at Mr. Vanderclump expectantly, but he looks away.

Mrs. Vanderclump speaks up again. "I am paying for the chalet with money I earned from doing voice work. I am a celebrity, you know! Anyway, I have $350,800 to use. Any money you can save I will put to new ski clothes, but the chalet is more important. How soon can you get it completed?"

"It will take two weeks to complete," you tell her.

"Marvelous! Thanks you very much and enjoy your trip!" Mrs. Vanderclump squeaks at you.

As the couple depart, you mentally rummage in your closet for suitable clothes to take with you to the Alps!

The Brief:
    Budget - $350,800 (be sure to include the cost of the lot in this amount)
    Size - 30x40 or larger
    Client would like a ski chalet with a balcony or two, a party deck with a hot tub
    Needs a garage with space for snow mobiles and ski gear.
    At least 4 bedrooms and 3 baths with one of those bedrooms and baths being for a servant
    Client requires a kitchen, laundry room, large entertainment area/living room, and a loft for looking at the views.
    Comfortable and elegant furnishings.

Sim Challenge: Create the Vanderclumps and a servant, and show them enjoying the new chalet. Include their likes, skills, and jobs as well as pictures of their clothing.
  • Options
    lol Oops! The chalet will take a month to complete--but do we care?
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @iampes23 Not really :D

(ppsst... Rose, not Karl)
  • Options
    piotr1562512piotr1562512 Posts: 38 Member
    Thank you everyone for your comments on my build! I'm happy you like it :smiley:

@iampes23 haha, not at all
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @iampes23 Not really :D

(ppsst... Rose, not Karl)

Rose? Wasn't Rose before Karl? Err...or is Karl just Sims 4? I have a really bad memory. Sorry--I will try to remember to change the receptionist name in the future...
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Yeah, it's still Rose for Sims 3. :) Or at least it was last I heard.

I'm sorry to have been MIA this past month. I had fully intended to do a build, but I've had my nose firmly planted in soocoolsim's Orient Express collab and next thing I knew it was February already. Speaking of collabs, sometime I'm sure I would enjoy a community project, but several of us are pretty involved in the aforementioned right now, so single builds seem a lot more doable for the present, and I suppose it would always depend on what else is going on around the Sims 3 community at the time.

I hope I'll be able to participate for the February challenge, and I'll be back around to look at and comment on all your great January builds.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Actually, this one fits in with the Orient Express collab because it has an alpine area. So I just might do a swiss chalet.
  • Options
    This one is proving to be hard. I have already done it in Sims 4, and I feel like I am doing basically the same stuff, even though the house does look different. How is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    Mine currently looks like this:
    screenshot-1.jpg
    It has a long way to go, but I didn't use half the budget.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Mine currently looks like this:
    screenshot-1.jpg
    It has a long way to go, but I didn't use half the budget.

That looks great! I love the paneling on the roof sections!!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

I am having trouble combining the traditional outer chateau style with the indoor glamour style. So far this the what I have
    49512358696_056daaf051_h.jpg

49511848043_bdb8049587_h.jpg
  • Options
    That looks great @Kgaff, and I know what you mean about mixing the traditional chalet with the ritz!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @ciane I like the way you did the roof/gable over the porch. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest :)

I must confess, I had the whole place laid out, got all the bedrooms and baths in, it looked great until I noticed there were no stairs to any of the floors, curses...
  • Options
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

WELCOME to BuildnShare! Originally started by @addict1220, this challenge has been running strong since June of 2009. For those new to the challenge, you may want to read the information in the second post to see more information about Build-n-Share.

<3 , Your BnS Hosts

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #223 *A Chalet Getaway **Due February 29, 2020**

eGf7jIN.png

It is a chilly, rainy morning when Karl graciously shows in your next clients, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Weston Vanderclump III. They are a middle-aged couple with plenty of character. Mr. Vanderclump looks dark and gruff, almost mafia-like in a pin-stripe suit; his wife looks bored and snooty. You try not to smile too widely as you greet them. After everyone is seated, you ask what kind of house the couple is looking for.

"We would like a fairly large vacation home," Mr. Vanderclump begins. "Chantal wants to get away for a little while."

"So, are you looking for a beach house?" you ask Mrs. Vanderclump.

She shakes her head slightly and looks down her nose at you. "Too common," she says in a voice so high it hurts your ear drums. You try to hide your surprise as she continues. "I am dreaming of a ski chalet in the mountains. I just love the snow! I grew up in the Alps, and that is where I want my retreat to be built. I want it to be spacious and inviting, with three bedrooms and two and a half baths. A large entertainment area is a must, since the kids may come up with friends from time to time. Hmmm...a loft to look at the views would be great, and a balcony or two would be nice. Space to house the snow mobiles and ski gear. Oh, that can be part of the garage." She looks at her husband as if she has just lost a puppy, and you turn a slight laugh into a cough.

"You may need to eat," he says gently, "a place to clean clothes, and a servant's quarters."

"True," she agrees, pouting a bit. "I want the outside to look like a traditional ski chalet on the outside, but the inside should be comfortable yet elegant. As in don't spare the expense." She looks down at her purse, then back at her husband. "A hot tub on a big party deck outside would be great as well. Just make it all look as ritzy as possible!"

You look up from taking notes. "And the budget?" You look at Mr. Vanderclump expectantly, but he looks away.

Mrs. Vanderclump speaks up again. "I am paying for the chalet with money I earned from doing voice work. I am a celebrity, you know! Anyway, I have $350,800 to use. Any money you can save I will put to new ski clothes, but the chalet is more important. How soon can you get it completed?"

"It will take two weeks to complete," you tell her.

"Marvelous! Thanks you very much and enjoy your trip!" Mrs. Vanderclump squeaks at you.

As the couple depart, you mentally rummage in your closet for suitable clothes to take with you to the Alps!

The Brief:
    Budget - $350,800 (be sure to include the cost of the lot in this amount)
    Size - 30x40 or larger
    Client would like a ski chalet with a balcony or two, a party deck with a hot tub
    Needs a garage with space for snow mobiles and ski gear.
    At least 4 bedrooms and 3 baths with one of those bedrooms and baths being for a servant
    Client requires a kitchen, laundry room, large entertainment area/living room, and a loft for looking at the views.
    Comfortable and elegant furnishings.

Sim Challenge: Create the Vanderclumps and a servant, and show them enjoying the new chalet. Include their likes, skills, and jobs as well as pictures of their clothing.

TvmoeFJ.png

3gHHX7s.png

0NNKW7o.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #223 - A Chalet Getaway
    NAME: your forum id
    LINK TO LOT:
    LINK TO MEDIA: your entry will be judged on your pictures
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here
    LEVEL: beginner, intermediate, or advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: tell us about your build, include any details and rationale that might not be obvious from your pictures
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" if you'd like suggestions for improvement, "no" if you'd like only positive feedback
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

I'd do this if I didn't stink at building.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    @kgaff Oh no!! LOL I actually did the same thing on one of my floors, too! Thankfully I was able to go back and squeeze it in with a little effort.

I don't think the interior furnishings need to be glam or ritzy ... just elegant. You can have a 'rustic' elegance.

@ciane wow, you got that done fast! Beautiful exterior, spacious inside!

I hope mine technically counts, I put it on a 50x25 which is larger than a 40x30 in terms of area...
  • Options
    I think I might redesign mine. It kind of strayed too far from being a traditional chalet look and while I do love the build it just doesn't fit the brief as well as it should...
    At least I don't have to recolor everything all over again! LOL Just tuck the furniture off to one side and rebuild.
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor
    Will you show us the original?
  • Options
    @Kgaff Oh sure! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file