Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I like how we all chose the orchid and ended up with such diverse takes on it!

@seaben - I love your landscaping on the orchid house! Your cabin is awesome. I can't believe you got so much on one floor. I don't think the dresser in the one bedroom in accessible, is it? Though, of course, it doesn't have to be. I also love the curtains and twigs couches in your gazebo.

@creativemetaphor - I love that pretty sunshine yellow and strawberry lemonade name. Your home is very colorful with lots of pretty flowers. I particularly love the daffodils! The turret was an awesome idea, and the wrap around porch is always a winner! Your architecture is always amazing, and this is no exception!

I finished furnishing my build before I took peeks at your builds. Well, to be honest, I didn't quite finish as I have some packs turned off right now. I have to activate everything in order to finish, but I should be able to share my build with you in the next few days. This is one time that I actually have to watch the budget. I've been adding expensive paintings and deco.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited March 2020
    @ciane :blush: Aw, thank you!!

Can't wait to see yours!

@seaben agreed with ciane, that gazebo is a great touch to your cabin! Very creative.
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Thanks for looking at my builds @ciane and @creativemetaphor
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    I went over budget; but since I only do this for fun and didn't want to get rid of anything, I am happy with it.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9369778
    @ciane Nice color pallet! You really used that orchid!
    Maybe too much, huh? But I had fun, thanks!
    ciane wrote: »

No, not at all, very good use of it. It works because of the white base that you used everywhere, so that color stands out without overwhelming.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    ciane wrote: »

@ciane I didn't think "too much" at all. I think it's very pretty and striking.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Thank you both. I'm glad it wasn't too much.
    edited March 2020
    Was thinking about the fact that in the S. hemisphere it's not Spring, in fact it's about a 180 to be almost Halloween if we had "season zones" the way we have time zones. So I thought I'd pay homage to our southern neighbors by building an anti-Spring house - inspired by the lamp. I blew the budget but not terribly badly, but thought I'd share just the same :)

Number 19
    What a great idea! I look forward to seeing it!
    @ciane (psst, the media is linked above)
    edited March 2020
    Yeah I kinda ended up doing the opposite of the first house lol
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

HI! Things are looking better here at home so I had some fun with this challenge.

(Long story, short version...my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 5 years ago. He has tremors, not terrible but it annoys him to no end. We went to a neurologist last week to discuss a treatment called Deep Brain Stimulation where they implant electrodes in the brain, eek, brain surgery, then attach those to a device they implant in the chest, more surgery, and finally they use a remote control to "tweak" the device until the tremors subside. Scary stuff.

After running him through a series of tests, reflex and cognitive, the doctor looked at us and said he didn't have Parkinson's. He needs to have a brain scan to determine just what is causing his tremors but now we know what ever the cause is it's probably not life threatening, that was very good news. I was super scared)

Now here's my entry

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #224 Spring Designer Showdown 2020
    NAME: Kgaff
    LINK TO LOT: n/a
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/183138166@N05/albums/72157713661007072/with/49708705436/
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 100 Redwood Pkwy in Sunset Valley $103,897
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I chose the lamp and did something I don’t normally do, I went with dark wood. I used the colors in the lamp shade as my accent colors, yellow, red and a bit of gray. I used the lamp in the living room, library/office, in the master bedroom and the upstairs landing.

I also went with a modern style build with an open kitchen/dining/living area. The office is off the living room and there is a half bath tucked under the stairs.

Upstairs is the master bedroom with a private bath and a private balcony, two kids rooms, a second full bath and the laundry. There is also a “kids zone” with a toy box doubling as an ottoman and a gaming system. The laundry room is at the end of the hallway.

On the lower deck accessed through the kitchen is a deck with bbq and stairs to the backyard. A third deck is accessed through the living room to a small area for kids to play.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" but not necessary
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

49708701066_3b11e2c233_h.jpg

Wow @Kgaff are you sure you should enter as intermediate because your build seem really advanced
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    edited March 2020
    Awesome news about your husband not having Parkinson's @Kgaff Love the modern look! Interesting coffee table and nice use of the round rugs as stepping stones!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited March 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #224 - Spring Designer Showdown 2020
    NAME: PINKUSFAMILY
    LINK TO LOT: Country Family Home
    LINK TO MEDIA: Spring Designer Showdown

LEVEL: beginner, intermediate, or advanced ~ ? ~ This is my first time entering, although I have an extensive library of builds & worlds and experience in building in Sims 3 & 4.. What ever you think Judges..
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot Size:: 25 x 30 , 100 Redwood Pkwy in SunsetValley Cost $ 102,543
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 100 Redwood Pkwy in Sunset Valley.Built only on the foundation given, My entry somehow built itself. I have not built in Sims 3 in about 2 1/2 , 3 years. My Entry became a Country Family home, With 3 bed rooms & 2 1/2 baths. Including a Country Kitchen, Formal ( as formal as you can get for Country ) Dining room.This Busy Family home has a Blue boy's Nursery, a pretty Pink girls bed room. The Master Bedroom has an en suite bath. There is a Study for Dad & the whole Family can enjoy the Living room /media area for family time..The item I chose was the Standing lamp. This is my First entry to the Sims 3 Build N Share, Although I had Started with Sims 3 ,spring of 2014.For the past 2 1/2~ 3 years I have been building in Sims 4 ..As always my creations are Sim Tested..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "Yes" Please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:None
    TWITTER TAG: Diane Pink
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    90944018_2668575113362563_8323343184503504896_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=U1HByRvEKVoAX8HalJ7&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=20326d35171aaf69f3f8717552d61f57&oe=5EA7F8C3

91546694_2668576733362401_1066819839957401600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=9wnGqmOyvDgAX-fsa2u&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=fcb330cf309bf9d276734523e5eeb8dc&oe=5EA51012
    I like your build @Pinkusfamily but I'm having a hard time seeing the resemblance to The lamp it's nice anyways though I'm glad you entered
    Lovely build @Pinkusfamily! I love that your oriented the house with the big stick out area in back and that you went with an older style. It's multi-toned paint and DV roof pieces look perfectly in tune with the antique feel of the lamp. I love that you've made so nicely kid-friendly too!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thank you kindly @ciane .

Coming back to Sims 3 to build was so strange , since I have been playing & building in 4 for a while..
    But I think I picked it back up easily, And just maybe all that building in 4 has helped me to build better in 3...

I have peaked at the other entries and they are all so creative !

I think I will keep checking up on this thread .. I am excited to see what the next months challenge could be..

@kgaff So happy for your good news!! And lovely entry! Love all those porches and balconies!

@Pinkusfamily Welcome to the thread! Lots of great Spring touches to your build!
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    Hi guys! Unfortunately my muse struck too late which means I won't be able to finish my build by tonight's deadline. :'( Oh well! I'll still post a link to the pictures when I'm done though so you all can enjoy it! I found this build to be particularly challenging for me as I NEVER build with diagonal walls.

I have enjoyed seeing everyone's builds so far! Keep up the amazing work everyone! :kissing_heart:
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2020
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    Hi guys! Unfortunately my muse struck too late which means I won't be able to finish my build by tonight's deadline. :'( Oh well! I'll still post a link to the pictures when I'm done though so you all can enjoy it! I found this build to be particularly challenging for me as I NEVER build with diagonal walls.

I have enjoyed seeing everyone's builds so far! Keep up the amazing work everyone! :kissing_heart:

Please do finish and post an entry! I will give you a small extension to April 3rd! I am very excited to see what you did!

In fact, I am not closing out just yet...I have not decided what we will do next... Oh! I have an Easter themed one... lol

Seriously, I tried to throw y'all as many weird angles and nooks on this build that I could. And then I got smacked in the face from all the awesomely beautiful builds! Everyone should be very proud! And thanks for participating and commenting! Keep up the great work you all do!

*Edit* I remember checking the game for a bunny costume and writing up an Easter-ish challenge, but I cannot find it any where. So we will have to go with a regular build.

Question: Tiny/small build, or are you locked up at home for a while and need a bigger project to take up your time?

Post edited by iampes23 on
    I do like shell challenges but I find as to size I feel medium is best but the last build didn't take long at all so I think I could do a larger lot if that is what you choose to do

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top