March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack vote - Theme and gameplay results!

Comments

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited November 2019
    Weird, the top picks are my votes, too. I didn't think I agreed with the TS4 part of the community. o:)

I could sense it coming though and I know others agree with me about this theme and more. o:)

Finally, something for elders and people complain. :/

ETA: I also love the laundry pack. I like realistic stuff (& some separated fantasy), Sim chores (not real ones) and I LOVE the style of home wares in that pack. <3
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    Very happy about this, but would have loved for embroidery to be higher. Would have been cool to make embroidered hoops and hang them up like the one's people make on IG. So pretty! But knitting is really cool too. Hopefully we'll be able to knit scarves!!!!!! Since I've had to get CC to fulfil that missing clothing item.

It will be a great hobby for elders to do also :)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,347 Member
    Weird, the top picks are my votes, too. I didn't think I agreed with the TS4 part of the community. o:)

I could sense it coming though and I know others agree with me about this theme and more. o:)

I'm only complaining about people putting elders in boxes, considering they're not locked out of any other activity in the Sims. I'd rather this pack not be elder-centric, but failing that (as I expect to do) I want fun ageing hippy elders.
    kittymeow wrote: »
    So instead of playing the Grim Reaper Freelance career I can watch my sims ... knitting stuff. Probably while waiting for the laundry to be done ._.

Lmao, I wanted Happy Haunts too. Can't believe knitting won out of all the activities, well I don't have to buy it so it's fine but I hope they bring out a stuff pack for happy haunts for us simmers who don't like our game so realistic.

I wanted to reap the sims in my neighborhood :joy: "Take that Geoffrey Langraab!" :D

I definitely don't think it would work that way. I think it would spawn Sims just to die. :(

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I cannot WAIT to see this pack eventuate, and I'm so glad this was the result because it's how I voted (haha).

Hopefully this is just the pack we need to give our Elder Sims some much needed attention, and love, because they've been neglected for so long. I can't wait to see how well this could tie into the Parenthood Pack and Seasons.. My grandmother sims will gift knitted presents each Winterfest!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    Disappointed it's not happy haunts but I was mentally prepared. I really hope you guys don't let the paranormal ideas die. They sounded like so much fun🤭🤭🤭
    I'm also disappointed people want to turn it into an elders pack. My mom is nearly 70 and aside from not knowing much about technology we enjoy all the same things together.

But anyway, on another note congratulations to the arts and craft lovers!!! I'm excited to see how this pack is going to shame up as we vote on the other options. As another user told me on here, my vampires need something to do all their eternal life so I guess they can take up knitting 🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,743 Member
    Am afraid I'm a bit disappointed that it's only one type of arts and craft. I suppose to make the pack more interesting you could have a knitting festival and go more imaginative by having crazy knits, e.g. knitting giant animals that come to life; or have the opportunity to cover whole houses/ street objects with knitting as is sometimes seen in towns. Illustration Stuff would have caught my eye more.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    That's great!!! I was torn between a couple of the ideas, so I can't say it's my #1 pick but maybe tied for #1 with a couple others in this pack and the fitness watch. I'm happy with a knitting pack
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I wanted Arts and Crafts and Happy Haunts - sure we can't get both? But with Happy Haunts, I'd want all the features, not just one lol. Maybe this stuff pack will be a lead in to a Hobbies game pack/expansion pack? I'll see what they do with knitting before the judgment comes out lol.
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Literally only interested in happy haunts and science for the normal sized 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Already barely do the art crap unless my sim is broke lolpainting.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    Say hello to your new KNITTING STUFF PACK!
    Why are people expecting more than knitting in this pack?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Sorry, but *yawn." I was hoping for something exciting. Knitting is one I will defiantly pass on.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Because people like to have high expectations & would like more than that.

I wouldn't mind if it had more of the gameplay options, but yeah, it's a *stuff* pack. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope it’s Dr Seuss type knitting!!
    🧶 One more thing 🧶

Can the cats please please please play with the yarn as it come off the skein? Kittens who are mischievous get tangled up in a ball of yarn and need to be cut loose?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    edited November 2019
    I rarely play elders so I'm hoping for some multi age complimentary items. Objects and decor that would work in a home craft room or a retail business.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,431 Member

Cuz it's a SGNinja, we can't tell if he's exaggerating or not. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: HEAVEN AND BACK by Chase Atlantic
    E0zWogS.gif
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Knitting wasn't my top choice. But I am super glad that arts and crafts won.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I'm only complaining about people putting elders in boxes, considering they're not locked out of any other activity in the Sims. I'd rather this pack not be elder-centric, but failing that (as I expect to do) I want fun ageing hippy elders.

I was only responding to the amusing irony of the community chanting, "stuff for elders!" Then the consensus being, "aww a granny pack." It's funny.

Your complaints were separate to me because IMHO the *stuff for elders* crowd was putting them in boxes and I never really agreed there's a problem with elders, but I observe and comment. :Do:) Basically, you complained about some of the complainers (not the vote result). :)

I'd rather a mix and options, openness. Technophobe, stereotypical elders and everything else under the sun. We don't really have elders that represent many simmers' own grandparents, and I think we should have flexibility and retro inclusions, not all future-current-future. As a generational game, it'd be nice to have generational variety and be able to start off more retro, but TS4 doesn't flex much in that or other areas.

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Me: sees the vote result
    Also Me; walks away shaking my head (literally)
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Whoop!!! Charity knitting contest is so needed with this ;)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,347 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I was only responding to the amusing irony of the community chanting, "stuff for elders!" Then the consensus being, "aww a granny pack." It's funny.

Your complaints were separate to me because IMHO the *stuff for elders* crowd was putting them in boxes and I never really agreed there's a problem with elders, but I observe and comment. :Do:) Basically, you complained about some of the complainers (not the vote result). :)

I'd rather a mix and options, openness. Technophobe, stereotypical elders and everything else under the sun. We don't really have elders that represent many simmers' own grandparents, and I think we should have flexibility and retro inclusions, not all future-current-future. As a generational game, it'd be nice to have generational variety and be able to start off more retro, but TS4 doesn't flex much in that or other areas.

Ah. Cool.

And I forget that I grew up in a tech-savvy household (my dad was a programmer/system's analyst. I was playing on dummy mainframe accounts well before Apple made their deal with schools in the 80's.) so I have skewed ideas of what's "normal" for grandparents to know - since I'm comparing elders to my parents, rather than my grandparents.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    PLEASE can we have overhauled babies so that we can knit tiny sweaters for them?! PLEASE!

And baby socks!
    YES!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,105 Member

Yeah, that is how I feel. There isn't much in the game that represents my grandparents' generation (they were adults during WW2) as I recall them. Having said that, 2 of my grandparents died when I was very young and I never knew one grandfather at all, so I only really have my paternal grandmother and her sister and brother-in law (all sadly gone now) to compare with. For me the main activities in the game that I associate with my grandmother and my great-aunt and uncle are things like gardening, playing cards, cooking, baking, watching TV and reading. That's pretty much it. I can't picture any of them using a computer, doing art or musical skills. Not many of the CAS items really work for their generation either. But then, the game relies so much on modern tech for a sim's daily life that it's more challenging to play sims from different eras. My grandmother definitely did a LOT of knitting when I was a kid though, and my mum has done it sometimes as well, both in her younger years and a few years ago when my eldest nephew was a baby (and she was newly retired).

As it happens my parents and their friends do fit those old stereotypes a little but of course the world has moved on in the years since my longest-lived grandmother passed away and my parents are much more au fait with technology and modern life than their parents' generation probably were. So I guess for me there is a disconnect in how I remember elders from my childhood and the people who are that stage now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,142 Member
    edited November 2019
    After the Laundry Day it's the Knitting Day...

Next vote : Ironing Day ...

(When the simmers like to watch the sims doing the chores.)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited November 2019

.......wow....yep...disappointed...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top