Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack vote - Theme and gameplay results!

Comments

• Options
    MzCrownedMzCrowned Posts: 4 New Member
    Keep it. Literally. Arts & Crafts for knitting over Happy Haunts? Waste of time.
  • Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Wow. I didn't know a lot of people disliked/hated/loathed (pick your preferred verb) Laundry Day. I wasn't around when the first community pack was being voted on, but the final result was one of the best packs IMHO. The pack had a cohesive, singular theme, but was versatile enough to be used along with other packs.

If it's any consolation, if you really dislike/hate/loathe (again, pick one :lol:) Arts & Crafts, it might have been better for your preferred theme to not have won. They will surely end up added to the game one way or another (they've already done some of the groundwork, it would be a waste for them to just not do anything with them), we'll just have to wait a bit longer--in a GP, EP, or even a free patch update, who knows. Plus we won't get this pack until the end of the year at the earliest. They'll probably release packs in between, and you'll probably find something you'll like there. :)

BTW, the blog post mentioned (I don't remember if the survey mentioned it too) that the top-voted feature of the top-voted theme will be the main focus of the pack. It didn't say it will only have knitting in it, so the other 4 features might still end up being in the pack. :)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Knitting? Yawn.. I think sculpting would have been better..
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2019
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Weird, the top picks are my votes, too. I didn't think I agreed with the TS4 part of the community. o:)

I could sense it coming though and I know others agree with me about this theme and more. o:)

Finally, something for elders and people complain. :/

I'm only complaining about people putting elders in boxes, considering they're not locked out of any other activity in the Sims. I'd rather this pack not be elder-centric, but failing that (as I expect to do) I want fun ageing hippy elders.

I totally understand your POV and I like all my sims of various ages to differ. Fun hip elder sims are great! But I also really want to be able to make a sim that reminds me of my grandma that enjoys knitting in her rocking chair, baking with a cute little apron on, teaching the grandkids important life lessons and wearing the clothes and hairstyle I remember seeing her and her friends wearing when I was a kid. There can and should be room for everyone to tell their stories how they want, cause knitting and whatever else they add to this pack can be used however simmers want. A YA, adult or teen can enjoy knitting as much as an elder if that’s how you’d like to play them. But the option needs to be there. Knitting, canning and creating stuff have been big asks for a while now and it’s great that they’re listening.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm soo happy that atleast my second favourite choice has won this will definitely be my grandma pack lol, I guess I cant play the scooby doo gang as Ghostbusters yet 😂
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited November 2019
    I wonder if we'll ever find out the rating levels for the items in the other proposed ideas. The poll was too wide-ranging and I think that's why we're seeing so much discontent now, because there were a lot of ideas suggested (whether we liked each one or not) and now it's been whittled down to the primary focus, there are so many people lamenting what might have been.

I think the Happy Haunts pack would make a fun game pack - Paranormal Living, anyone? I just don't think they could do justice to that particular theme with a stuff pack. Then again, when it comes to that theme I like both the Grim Reaper career and the Psychic one and there is just no way we'd have got both in the SP.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2019
    Laundry Day is essential to my game. I always have a washer, dryer and items from laundry day in all my households. Love having my Sims do normal every day things. If only they would improve babies so I could knit cute baby items like booties, hats, usable blankets, etc. To be able to see a baby cuddle/hold a blanket, have a pacifier, etc., would be adorable. I can only dream. Oh, well, for now I'm looking forward to adding Arts & Craft. Simmers have spoken. So, this is the way. :)

Knitted-Baby-Items.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    I'm happy my off the grid sims and my legacies have some more random ways to make clothes and earn cash!
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Looking at all the happy comments about knitting and what these people expect I can only warn you: the higher your expectations, the worse the disappointment.

There won't be a thousand different things your sims will knit. Maybe there will be a few options, just like with the handiness skill. But that's it. It's a SP. It's just knitting.

I can already see all the people who are cheering now complaining or being down because their extremly high expectations won't be fullfilled. And then I will be there. And yell "YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED GRIM REAPER FREELANCE CAREER!" :D

@Ceres_Meiriona A knitting death would be the only way to safe this SP :D
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Happy Haunts was by far my favourite, and while it is indeed a riddle for the ages how something like a Grim Reaper career could lose to knitting, I did pick Arts & Crafts as my second choice, so I'm not totally disappointed. To the contrary, I'm glad that none of the "More of the same" packs won! And now there's definitely going to be more stuff for elders to do, which many players have been requesting for a long time. (Yes, I know that not all elders knit, and not only elders knit, but you get the idea.)
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'm happy about this. I don't knit, but I do crochet, it's my home business and I'm not a granny. It's like some of you think someone becomes, I don't know, 60, and suddenly picks up knitting needles as a result. You know it can take a long time to become proficient and lots of people start much earlier. My own daughter started knitting in school, as part of the standard curriculum, when she was 7. The Christmas gifts the kids made in class were absolutely precious. I've sewed since I was 7 (it's a life skill, absolutely essential). The crochet I learned from my gran when I was a teenager, she learned it when she was a teenager, and I now have her original stitch pocket book. It's a great opportunity for inter-generational play here.

It'd be nice to see the ability to make clothes and home decor, and to sell it. I'd also love things like a sewing machine, dressmaker's dummy, and some shelving for the immense yarn stash I hope my Sims can acquire, plus decor objects like yarn skeins, a tape measure and a yarn basket. Being able to create our own yarn and dyes for it would be nice too, but that would be nicer still if some farming pack stuff was coming and included sheep and alpacas! I wouldn't object to furthering the option of making clothes into a real fashion designer either. And have an aspiration which requires a certain level of knitting, a certain level of design or something along those lines. Though I suspect that is a bit too big for a stuff pack, and honestly, small home-based things are nice too.

All of that said, my second choice was the Happy Haunts. I'm a big ghost nerd, even if I know it's all bunk (well, 99.9%). I'm more than okay with the amount of supernatural stuff in game, but wouldn't object to ghosts having a bit more added, and ability to be a hack ghost hunter. Not bothered about the Grim Reaper job, though. If it was there, I might try it, but I don't need it especially.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Ok now they just drag theirs nails on a chalkboard & we can bang are heads on walls.
    There's no imagination left in Stuff Packs anymore.
    So boring.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I voted for a healthy pack with stationary bikes.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Well, I'm incredibly disappointed.

To me, this is Laundry Day 2.0 and I think it's so bland, boring and uninspiring. Well, I just hope that the CAS and Build & Buy content is amazing, as that's all I will probably use this pack for. :unamused:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    All I can say is... YES!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Wellp... I mean, Arts and Crafts did look freaking cool. Only the least exiting gameplay out of the bunch won. Oh, well. Maybe the next vote will at least make it look cool?
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Yes! Happy simmer here, I hope they do a good job
    Please please remember its not just the elderly that knit, the elderly don't need exclusive content, they can already do every thing, so please don't make this elderly centric, all ages knit and I'd hate to see this become some kind of chintzy twee filled pack because of an outdated stereotype
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Knitting. Really? You DO realize that nothing our Sims knit in the game will actually be USABLE, right? Take a look at Sims 2: They had sewing machines, and could make different things, but all of those things were just deco. At least Sculpting in Sims 3 created usable objects, as does the woodworking in Sims 4. But knitting? Unless the Sims are simply creating things from CAS, it's pointless. And since we can always ADD outfits to the Sims in CAS, why bother with knitting them? It's just adding an extra mechanic to things that modders are going to find ways to get around.

I just don't see any purpose for it. I agree with many others that this will feel like another pointless stuff pack like Laundry. I bought Laundry only because A) it was on sale for 50% off at the time, and B) it had some nice CAS items. But frankly, the first thing I do when downloading a lot from the gallery is to remove all items pertaining to laundry, because I can't stand having piles of dirty clothing all over the floor.

I think I will avoid this, because I do not want to be a party to them making something so BORING!

And I did not vote for it. Both Knitting, and Arts and Crafts, were at the bottoms of their respective lists for me. I would MUCH rather have had any other option for either, than what we got.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Embroidery was my first choice (we'd have been able to make some pretty things for the walls), but knitting was second.

The sewing machine actually created outfits that were already available in CAS - it didn't make anything new. I expect knitting will be similar - our Sims will be able to knit some of the hats and socks that already exist in CAS (or that are added to CAS with this pack). It would make sense to add sweaters, sweater dresses, some big, thick socks and mittens in the CAS portion.

Also, maybe a knitted doll for toddlers and kids?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited November 2019
    Since we are getting a knitting pack, can we please get some nice knitted winter sweaters for some of the clothing. Something like the image below would be great.

c7cc2e7ca3d77d4867034833866f63f8.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like how, whenever a community vote arises, all simmers pass their laptops to their grannies!
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I'm hoping my sims can sell their knits, like in a new job. And I hope it's not going to be the only craft. It won't be an elder doing this, because they are too busy making robots. As a grandma myself the stereotype of a knitting, baking, wise old woman is just an old out-of-date stereotype.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I would much like a clarification if knitting is THE ONLY thing in this pack...please?

@KaeChan2089 I think people are worried that people will be clamouring for an elder-own pack after Knitting won the poll this time around like people claborboured for laundry -only pack last time.
    I know I will be voting for clothing suitable for elders if there is any. I wouldn't mind if this pack was focused on elders. When we voted for laundry day pack there were some nice, more covering clothing options, but we only ended up geeting the skimpier, more revealing ones because that's what people voted for. I'm really hopeful this pack will at leats have some variety.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, my young sims will eventually be elders.
    They will have something to do in their old age. :|

I hope a hobbies game pack is under consideration.
    Or these other ideas make it as a game pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2019
    Knitting...? Seriously?

Then again Im not surprised. After laundry day and now knitting I can already see a trend of the most mundane ideas chosen for future voting on stuff packs. What's next? Lets vote for a "Doing Taxes" SP?

This is already something Ill get if I can get it for under $3 and Im bored.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top