Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    question: are sims able to use to broom to hover around the neighborhood or just a teleportation animation?
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    sproot wrote: »

Reading that makes it sound like it is going into some depth.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I normally prefer realistic play but this looks so cool. I can't wait!
  • Options
    olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member

Even Harry Potter series itself had full of typical cliches about magic. It cannot be rip-off.
    Movotti wrote: »
    The concept of witches on brooms far outdates harry potter...
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    EA made Harry Potter games so not a rip off they have the rights to use it already if it was Harry Potterish. I don't see it - not that it matters I love all witch ideas and stories anyway - so not an issue..

Agree with them :)
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited August 2019
    People who want to see something there will see it.
    As a World of Warcraft player, the magical city gives me the feeling of mixing Dalaran (floating magical city) with the background color palette of Netherstorm. And the owl familiar reminds me a bit of Tyrande's owl.
    Truth is, the fly-up end scene is really similar to the Prisoner of Azkaban ending scene.
    Post edited by TomasGrizzly on
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Only in the Sims 4: Brooms before cars :D

So true. :D We can have Brooms, next to boats and flying vampire bats, but cars are too farfetched.
    But who knows, may be we will get a car patch one day. The travel icon already switched from a plane to a car...

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member
    Jim Pickens is going to cause some real havoc with this pack.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    edited August 2019
    But, what's the point of this pack if we can only do magic in the magic world? Or am I getting that wrong? They said
    Magic is a secret art that Spellcasters will only perform in The Magic Realm. That does not stop the player from practising magic wherever they choose.

So what does practising mean? Doing it in private like you practise charisma in front of the mirror? Or practising by casting curses on unsuspecting sims you hate? I suspect not the latter, which will take most of the fun out of the pack.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Whoo! The Livestream will be on September 6th, confirmed by a simguru on twitter, can't remember which one. Saving the date and hoping it's a Saturday so I can watch live.

It's Friday, as any past Livestream. Presumably patch coming the day before, as all the previous times (With IL Island counters).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited August 2019
    Just noticed on Twitter.. You find out a bit more if you check Tweets and Answers!

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    But, what's the point of this pack if we can only do magic in the magic world? Or am I getting that wrong? They said
    Magic is a secret art that Spellcasters will only perform in The Magic Realm. That does not stop the player from practising magic wherever they choose.

So what does practising mean? Doing it in private like you practise charisma in front of the mirror? Or practising by casting curses on unsuspecting sims you hate? I suspect not the latter, which will take most of the fun out of the pack.

I think what they mean is that autonomous magic will only happen in the realm - as in, unplayed Sims won't randomly perform magic in any other worlds. But when you play a Sim who is a Spellcaster, they'll be able to perform spells anywhere.
    Not sure though if it means that duels can only happen in the realm.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    I think what they mean is that autonomous magic will only happen in the realm - as in, unplayed Sims won't randomly perform magic in any other worlds. But when you play a Sim who is a Spellcaster, they'll be able to perform spells anywhere.
    Not sure though if it means that duels can only happen in the realm.
    Ahhh! Thank you for explaining, that sounds much better than what I was thinking.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Someone on twitter tweet romeo to check the lot's roofing on the Magic world. One of the trims doesn't match the others.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Yes, I kind of got the impression from 'realise their full potential' that kids might have a little bit they could do. Nothing for toddlers, though? (Probably too much to ask for a 'magical' trait for toddlers - just a little bit of accidental weird from a tot. But I was hoping.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

This is awesome. I could make a Spellcaster Sim who only relies on their magic to get by.

Or something I don’t know 😂😂

But will it work off the grid? (I had to ask.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    question: are sims able to use to broom to hover around the neighborhood or just a teleportation animation?

Wondering the same. I hope they can like that one mod that was released a couple months ago.
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Islands confirmed :D
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hey folks I've merged posts from the source info thread that were discussing the trailer into here. Please keep discussion about the trailer to this thread.
  • Options
    zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    New counters. Hope they dind't forget the islands :D
    48586727307_614b828138_c.jpg
    48586582696_f46a504dd8_c.jpg

is that face tattoo i see? even if it's only make up i'll still love it omg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member

This is awesome. I could make a Spellcaster Sim who only relies on their magic to get by.

Or something I don’t know 😂😂

But will it work off the grid? (I had to ask.)

It does but I've lost the tweet where a guru says it does!
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Looks very nice! I hope makin’ magic (no pun intended) its own game pack will give us the series’ best witches/wizards yet.
    While it's for sure, like any pack, have pros and cons in comparison to other games, opinion can wary. What I wish upon, though, that the focus is leaned more on practical spells than the overall prettiness. That what might lead me to classified as the best one.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    While it reminds me of some past packs with a similar concept going for every incarnation of Sims released for the PC/Mac, I have to admit I'm really looking forward to seeing not just the new worlds, but especially the Art Nouveau theme being presented in this pack.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Yes!!!! Another occult pack and I love the way they are being done in this GP style. I cannot wait to get my sticky little hands on this it looks amazing even though I've only seen a glimpse of what it offers. The statement that it's generic fantasy hmmmm. how else would it be done? If you don't make something with a few cliches in it, how does anyone know what they are looking at? Floating worlds have existed since the beginning of the genre, as has the magical portal and the theory that all magic belongs in a medieval inspired world. From a readers point of view, fantastic now some of my stories can meet some of the stories I loved as a kid. Is it too Harry Potter? Well only in the same way as Harry Potter was too The Worst Witch, as the Little Vampire was too Dracula and It was too John Wayne Gacy. Given that there is a framework for writing of 8 main story plots similarities will be seen in everything no matter what. That said, any chances of a Werewolf's Pack Den and FaerieLand, they'd be great! This magical pack was something I wanted desperately, pretty much the same way most people wanted Laundry Day . So while some play and do their washing, now I can do what I'd rather have sims doing....riding broomsticks and hexxing the world around them. Honestly, I cannot wait, I really cannot, so I won't be following the hype because I like to make my own mind up in gameplay rather than set unrealistic highs and wants and feel disappointed when they don't all happen.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I already have plans for a spin on the Rags to Riches Challenge, only it's 'Rags to Witches' where you start out learning magic and work your way up to become an accomplished Spell-Castor.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top