Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited August 2019
    We haven't been shown what the builds are like in Glimmerbrook but I hope we get a lot of objects suitable to use there too. I'll try out the magic and magic world but am not particularly interested in it myself. I love the huge round window and counter that I've seen so far and hope the lots are big enough to use them there.

It looks like Maxis has borrowed ideas from everyone from Tolkien (films), Bram Stoker (Dracula) and J. K. Rowling to Sabrina.... :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I just wasn't able to play with magic the way I wanted. And again why I thought promoting once upon a time was a good idea, because that was the kind of magic I needed.

It sounds like you have some very elaborate, fleshed out ideas to which you have devoted a lot of time and energy, with respect to the kind of magic you want to play in a game. And I say this not to be snarky or unkind, but with all sincerity: maybe you should design a game that does give you exactly what you want. That's how the best creative projects come about: when people are passionate about something and can't find what they want or need elsewhere.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Jim Pickens is going to cause some real havoc with this pack.

Can't wait to see those episodes! I can already hear Kevin's laugh :lol:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    If I were to purchase it, it would be for the clothes and hair. I'm not into magic, witches, warlocks or Harry Potter. Plus, that trailer left much to be desired. I need more info, I'm afraid before I can make up my mind.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    so far I love everything shown in the trailer, the green haired witches hairdo and outfit I just can't get over....the rings, the BB, the spellcasting and the song, are we getting a new radio station too perhaps? with more music like that?
    seriously this is my fav sims4 year so far, first mermaids (IL maybe underwhelming but I love the mermaids) and now ROM which just looks amazing, I'd buy it for the CAS and BB alone <3
    Now what I am also hoping is, that spellcasters can use all the other occult CAS options for eyes and skins, especially for the eyes, I want my witches to have glowing red eyes!
    Islands confirmed :D
    1500x500.jpg

gosh, the bb is so beautiful, the window, the decor, the fireplace, the wallpaper, the....well,EVERYTHING...is the floating skull a familiar here or some sort of spell or decor? anyways it's awesome!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    1500x500.jpg

Those stained glass windows are perfect for Vampire builds. I'm thinking of creating some Toreadors (their symbol is a rose - Vampire the Masquerade) and I could use these gorgeous windows.

What is it with windows lately? :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    so far I love everything shown in the trailer, the green haired witches hairdo and outfit I just can't get over....the rings, the BB, the spellcasting and the song, are we getting a new radio station too perhaps? with more music like that?
    seriously this is my fav sims4 year so far, first mermaids (IL maybe underwhelming but I love the mermaids) and now ROM which just looks amazing, I'd buy it for the CAS and BB alone <3
    Now what I am also hoping is, that spellcasters can use all the other occult CAS options for eyes and skins, especially for the eyes, I want my witches to have glowing red eyes!
    1500x500.jpg

gosh, the bb is so beautiful, the window, the decor, the fireplace, the wallpaper, the....well,EVERYTHING...is the floating skull a familiar here or some sort of spell or decor? anyways it's awesome!

The floating skull is a familiar :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Looks good but rather wait for gameplay as the hype train can be an illusion and have lots of candy for the eyes.

Honestly, I've been on this pack's hype train since years before it was announced xD

Sure, just like with Seasons, I was praying they wouldn't mess it up but, also just like with Seasons, upon seeing the trailer I know they didn't. Plus, truth be told, the GP team hasn't really disappointed me with anything yet. They pay attention to the small things and they seem to know how to pull off the occult and the supernatural in a fun way - whether in a pack like Vampires, or in Strangerville. Even the totems in JA are super fun to me. So I'm psyched and I don't think I'll be disappointed - if anything my expectations have already been surpassed in many respects. I mean, I knew my sim would have a black cat - but to know that black cat can really be a familiar? Yeah, that's awesome.

To say it in Joey's worlds.
    World? Good. Familiars? Good. Magic? Goooooooooooooooood. What's not to like?
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,674 Member
    maQge0.png
    I like the green guy's clothing, it's suitable for one of my sim Yutang "Arsonist" Qi, the wizard drummer of SINISTER SINS very well

Why there's a ghost in those witches? May be hint new death or better ghost?
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    I am a little bit disappointed personally... I was hoping for an enchanted woods type world with magical creatures and I am not too fussed about the space islands... Granted I do like the water falls and the magic shops but I wish it wasn't in space... It doesn't look too magical for me. I don't necessarily like the CAS style either, it looks more goth and similar to Vampires than what I would have liked. I will reserve my judgement until we have more info on gameplay though because that is what matters to me, and I hope it is interesting :)

To me the world looks a little bit inspired by Sabrina secrets of a teenage witch (the new cartoon).
    48585135342_23735834e0_z.jpg

Not seen this cartoon but does it really look that awful?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

Mucha-web.png

Alfons Mucha?
    Would be nice if sims could make paintings in that style, tbh.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    I don’t think this looks too Harry Potter-ish at all. If anything it could stand to be more Harry Potter-ish. Then I might find it more interesting.

It seems a bit too generic high fantasy for my liking.

I definitely disagree... to me it feels like an YA Tv series, like Sabrina. There is no High Fantasy about this.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,026 Member
    Yeah, but at least it's not as bad as the writing.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    September 10 th can't come soon enough.....Can't wait for this.....

Instead of comparing the game to other things - why not try playing the game as it is. That's how i play. I do not try and make the game something it is not or try and turn it into previous Sims game. I let it be the game it plays and designs to be.

Trying to change things - whether it is a person or a thing or make it something it is not seems just opening ones self up to disappointment because nothing can live up to childhood memories or happier times ( those are often a bit distorted from what they really were) and that's a fact and probably a lot of why some cannot enjoy what's right in front of them. It's a thought anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    I guess since I won't get this I shouldn't harp too much but the fact that Spellcaser is a lifestage is so lazy to me. But then so many here seems to think it's a good idea.
    I think it depends on where you come from, I guess... I never understood things like Sabrina where not only witches are "special people" but IMMORTAL? That really boggled my mind when I was young.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am a little bit disappointed personally... I was hoping for an enchanted woods type world with magical creatures and I am not too fussed about the space islands... Granted I do like the water falls and the magic shops but I wish it wasn't in space... It doesn't look too magical for me. I don't necessarily like the CAS style either, it looks more goth and similar to Vampires than what I would have liked. I will reserve my judgement until we have more info on gameplay though because that is what matters to me, and I hope it is interesting :)

To me the world looks a little bit inspired by Sabrina secrets of a teenage witch (the new cartoon).

I think it looks cool!
    5U2RKfx.png[\spoiler]
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited August 2019
    I saw someone on Twitter say that the Magic realm looks like the world from Wizards101. To me though it reminds me a lot of 80s fantasy/scifi art.
  • Options

I think it looks cool!
    5U2RKfx.png[\spoiler]

I meant the Sabrina cartoon. It looks like the cheap direct to DVD ripoff from the 90's. Those who tried to fool grandmothers they were disney films.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited August 2019
    I guess since I won't get this I shouldn't harp too much but the fact that Spellcaser is a lifestage is so lazy to me. But then so many here seems to think it's a good idea.
    I think it depends on where you come from, I guess... I never understood things like Sabrina where not only witches are "special people" but IMMORTAL? That really boggled my mind when I was young.

Rider Haggard in the 19th Century was one of the first authors to have an immortal who could actually die. I wish I hadn't read "She" when I was about 10. 'She' came to a sticky end and gave me nightmares for weeks. My mother never checked on the books I read!
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    maQge0.png
    Probably it's just a regular ghost assign to tend as a clerk. Gives fitting magic vibe to it. That, new death maybe?

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    maQge0.png
    Probably it's just a regular ghost assign to tend as a clerk. Gives fitting magic vibe to it. That, new death maybe?

From Twitter: “Death might come knocking if you push your Spellcasting to the limits”.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

Mucha-web.png

Alfons Mucha?
    Would be nice if sims could make paintings in that style, tbh.

there is one painting that looks kinda mucha-esque (the one in the top right) at least the backround.
    NrM1Vye.png
    but I would love some more mucha-esue art too, I have quite a few mucha prints on my walls, I love the style.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am just so happy about the magical world. It is floating, it is like nothing that I have seen in The Sims before. I have spent years playing WoW and other MMO’s and it just feels so good to have one world that gives me that “fantastical”-feeling. WoW classic is right around the corner and I know it will be fun to see all the old places again.

I will hug this new world oh-so-close because maybe this will be the only one of it’s kind. But it will be here and I can visit it whenever I want.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I just need to say that I frakking love that song in the trailer, it is BAD-AZZ! I'm downloading it right now and I'm surprised they chose it because it has naughty lyrics and the video is gothy. >:)

I didn't think they could choose a better song than the one in Vampires but...oh yeah. B)

I love it too, so who is the music by? I would buy it just for that song! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019
    New counters. Hope they dind't forget the islands :D
    48586727307_614b828138_c.jpg
    48586582696_f46a504dd8_c.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks they're the three sages?
    Brown hair is the sage of alchemy
    Green hair is the sage of mischief
    Blondie is the practical sage

I have a theory that the surprise is that our sim can become the fourth sage (untamed).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top