Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Coming?!!

Maxis uploaded all the new Sims from the rebranding (another topic entirely), and one of their bios, for Morgan Park, really caught my eye and I'm HOPING it's a look into the future!
Morgan is all-in, all the time. Driven by her life-long love of sport, Morgan believes life is meant to be lived, not spent behind a desk. She''s always up for any adventure her friends suggest, and always pushes herself to do more. With her track and cross-country scholarships, she was always a top performing athlete at university. She''s currently training for her first Iron Man competition, which means a lot of time in the pool and on a bike.

University and scholarships!! What are your thoughts?! Am I alone in finding this extremely exciting? Do you think we'll be getting University soon (maybe even as the next expansion)?
Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It's probably the next one.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    That's the hint!
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
    Duh. It’s coming for sure!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Reads like sports to me!!! Really hope they add in soccer
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Honestly, I thought it was going to be the next one before this. This just confirms it! After all, it's probably going to be Farming or University. Since the next EP will most likely be released in November (following last years theme), University makes the most sense.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    that definitely sounds like a legit hint. with all the other major expansions out of the way university has to be next or i'll eat my shorts.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm really hoping they don't cut many features the previous games were able to delivers in uni packs.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I'm really hoping they don't cut many features the previous games were able to delivers in uni packs.

It will definitely be bigger than Sims 2 uni, that pack was tiny.

I don’t think it will be bigger than S3 uni, but I think it will focus more closely on certain content and remove rabbit hole content from 3.

Similar to what Get Famous did. Took the Film career from Late Night and the other celebrity features and made it more in-depth. So smaller scope, more depth.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I would love that! I hope we have lots of majors to choose from though :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i doubt it so will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I don’t think it will be bigger than S3 uni, but I think it will focus more closely on certain content and remove rabbit hole content from 3.

Similar to what Get Famous did. Took the Film career from Late Night and the other celebrity features and made it more in-depth. So smaller scope, more depth.

Idk about sims 2 uni though, but I really love the social groups, protests and dares and daily job from ts3 I hope they can improve on these.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Idk about sims 2 uni though, but I really love the social groups, protests and dares and daily job from ts3 I hope they can improve on these.

i think cause get together focused on social groups that we wont get something similar in this iteration, probably something different
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ooo I hope so. I want a farming pack and university so hopefully those are coming next.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Am I the only one who found Sims 2 University BORING AS EVER???! It took forever to do all the studying and I found most of its gameplay bland. I really enjoyed Sims 3 University Life however!! There was much more to do in the Sims 3 take on the pack. I really hope 4 is more similar to that with new gameplay ideas of course. Please don't let me down Sims team! This year has been VERY LACKLUSTER with the release of Strangerville and Island Living!!
  • Options
    Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    Honestly, I thought it was going to be the next one before this. This just confirms it! After all, it's probably going to be Farming or University. Since the next EP will most likely be released in November (following last years theme), University makes the most sense.

I definitely thought is was coming sooner rather than later, but I didn't know if it would be NEXT up, exactly. This makes me hope that it is next, and they've had long enough before releasing it, so I really hope it delivers!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Reads like sports to me!!! Really hope they add in soccer

I would NEVER be opposed to more sports in the game; I've secretly longed for the day when Ice Hockey becomes a thing they can do. They already have the ice rink and such! Soccer would be my second choice for outdoor sports, though =]
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I would love that! I hope we have lots of majors to choose from though :)

I seriously want ALL THE MAJORS! I want to be able to choose multiple majors and get multiple degrees! And have appropriate career boosts because of it!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Once they announced Island Living, University being the next pack was a given. If we are right about that, I am very happy for everyone waiting for it. You guys have been waiting a long time for it. :)
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »

i think cause get together focused on social groups that we wont get something similar in this iteration, probably something different

that's not the reason why we shouldnt have official social group features in this pack, otherwise this pack would need get together just to get the same feeling as in the previous game, also club is only limited to max of 8 sims.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    University and witches are all I really want in my game, so by the end of this year I'll be a pretty happy simmer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    If it's university I hope we get a big variety of degrees and careers with it like in TS2.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScorpionsVanityScorpionsVanity Posts: 5 New Member
    I really hope it is!
  • Options
    ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    🤞🏼 It’s university , more options in it. Etc .
  • Options
    TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    One of the things that I hated about the older university packs was the fact that sims couldn't commute to university while living at home and had to live on campus so hopefully the sims 4 will change this since with the worlds being playable all one one save this could be possible for a university too, I just got bored of never returning home in the older games and having to focus my full attention on university until they got their degree.
  • Options
    Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    One of the things that I hated about the older university packs was the fact that sims couldn't commute to university while living at home and had to live on campus so hopefully the sims 4 will change this since with the worlds being playable all one one save this could be possible for a university too, I just got bored of never returning home in the older games and having to focus my full attention on university until they got their degree.

I agree, I really hope it's not going to be set up like a destination world, but rather like a regular world, where you could live there or you could just travel there. I'd love an educator career introduced too, and they could live in the college town, too.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Bikes!?