Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Coming?!!

Comments

• Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh that would be incredibly rude if they mention scholarships and university without offering them in the game.

However, the Sim Gurus are part of a program called "Guru Garage" which I feel is disrespectful since we can't even build real garages or have cars in the Sims 4. My point being: maybe they just don't care about our feelings and included university in this sim's bio without planning to offer university in the game.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    will have to wait and see but the last patch did had deco cars in case you have not notice
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Oh that would be incredibly rude if they mention scholarships and university without offering them in the game.

However, the Sim Gurus are part of a program called "Guru Garage" which I feel is disrespectful since we can't even build real garages or have cars in the Sims 4. My point being: maybe they just don't care about our feelings and included university in this sim's bio without planning to offer university in the game.

Another one of those "hints" nudge, nudge........? B)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Honestly, I hope they stay focused on college. I rather have a fleshed out University experience, than shallow University gameplay so they can add small things to elementary and high school such as proms, kids going to school etc. I rather see a school game pack for that.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Reads like sports to me!!! Really hope they add in soccer

I hope they add in a mitt, and a baseball that you can place on the shelf, like they did the basketball. and at least being able to play catch between two people. I would also love to see volleyball, and as they mentioned bikes, I would like to see them too.
  • Options
    zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    oh lord i really hope they didn't release the university pack during summer. I'm afraid I'll spend my summer in my room smh
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Honestly, I hope they stay focused on college. I rather have a fleshed out University experience, than shallow University gameplay so they can add small things to elementary and high school such as proms, kids going to school etc. I rather see a school game pack for that.

Yeah, but because we already have protesting in game, streaking, cafes, food kiosks, all those social media careers, science, doctors, athletes, bubble blower, DJ, groups etc., just about all of the stuff of why we sent our Sims to college in the other games have pretty much been covered and sliced and diced and put in other packs or a free update. So, I pray it's not just stay home and go to college on the good old Sim pc. Which is used for 95% of gameplay in this game. Or just a reason to introduce a dorm door. It might be better to have higher education, night classes (no rabbit hole) etc. for the entire age groups this time 'cause we already have a lot of the hi-jinks put into the other packs and spread around.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @Sakuske1 I also noticed this and thought the same. I hope it's coming soon, since I am not bothered about any other expansion until we get this one.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've never seen streaking! Where is it?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member

There is streaking in Seasons, it's one of the options when you plan a holiday. I think it may also be just generally under Mischief, I think you can dare a Sim to streak.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »

There is streaking in Seasons, it's one of the options when you plan a holiday. I think it may also be just generally under Mischief, I think you can dare a Sim to streak.
    Thank you very much! I'm not sure how I never noticed this before.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    ofDD wrote: »
    Let it be the ep of education of all levels and ages 🤞🏼In this ep, It’ll be fun I think so... fingers crossed.

I'm hoping for private school, and maybe even homeschool.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

idk, a lot of the other dlc has stuff covered in the traditional university expansions of the other games and will probably come with slightly re-written programming from city living neighbors. im not sure what else they could add to make it a deeper experience.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Reads like sports to me!!! Really hope they add in soccer

I agree. It reads more on the line of sports.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    The new moschino pack features a graduation cap as one of the icons for gigs as a fashion photographer. The descriptions mention professors. Hoping it's another hint.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2019
    The new moschino pack features a graduation cap as one of the icons for gigs as a fashion photographer. The descriptions mention professors. Hoping it's another hint.

I saw that in the Livestream. I really really hope it's another hint. That would be so cool to take graduation photos in cap and gown once we get University.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm....

I'm not hyped for University at all but I do believe it is coming so I try to think about things that would make it useful for me.

- I would very much like it if it is possible for older sims to study. It is not exclusive to the YA:s, you can be an older sim who saved up the simoleons and then started to study.
    - Evening classes for those who work or have a family to care for
    - Something for more practical sims, handiness and so forth. Not just for sims in the arts or writing or logic.
    - I think that they have done the packs really well so far but anything like guys doing sports and girls doing cheerleading would be a turn off. If both guys and girls do both then bring it on, I just do not want the pack to feel gendered
    - Dorms sound cool, but if there are other options that is swell. I am a bit of a loner and my sims too. Would probably try it for a little while just to see it and then save myself and my sim and get alternative housing or a tent on the lawn outside.
    - There is a lot of great study-options online today. Would be interesting to see that reflected in the game
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    EA MAXIS hints games a couple of years before the actual game arrives. So, my guess is that Sims 4 University will probably come on January 2020. But I hope University comes in November of this year.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Uni and bikes. Period!
  • Options
    adrieleeadrielee Posts: 10 New Member
    My teen was watching tv the other day, and one of the channel options was "college cram session"
    that sounds like a hint to me!! especially with all the other things, its looking pretty good that uni will be coming in Nov
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @adrielee Actually, College Cram is a movie that’s been in the game since Movie Hangout Stuff.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @adrielee Actually, College Cram is a movie that’s been in the game since Movie Hangout Stuff.

But college cram session? And they said "channel", not "movie"...So...
  • Options
    adrieleeadrielee Posts: 10 New Member
    @SimQueenie9 @Simtown15 It could have been the movie collegecram.... i thought it was a channel but i could be wrong
  • Options
    adrielee wrote: »
    @SimQueenie9 @Simtown15 It could have been the movie collegecram.... i thought it was a channel but i could be wrong

Aw, darn.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited August 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »

idk, a lot of the other dlc has stuff covered in the traditional university expansions of the other games and will probably come with slightly re-written programming from city living neighbors. im not sure what else they could add to make it a deeper experience.

Well I am looking for...

greek houses

pool tables

secret societies but different from sim2 almost like Skull and Bones where when you graduate you can start basically at the top of your sims chosen career or can manipulate world issues sort of like how the conversationalist can.

active lab days outside of regular class sort of like how they did in sims 3 but better

Side activities like writing for the Student Newspaper or running for Student Government, Drama Clubs, Music, Model for Artist or be the Artist, Photography, Volunteer at an animal shelter,etc. These activities should increase your GPA and help with skill building for the working world later so sims are not just confined to the classroom and can skip classes and still do well by just doing side activities. University has always been a bit boring for me because my Sims had to be in class so much. These ideas help they achieve goals in other ways.

Wouldn't mind seeing tennis and volleyball for the athletics department.

Hangout ideas are pretty much covered in other packs so why not focus on making the Sim college experience a bit more entertaining. I could play so many ways with some of those ideas. My greek house sims may party a lot and probably go to class no side activities. My secret society sims are world changers who may have access to things my other lowly sims may not. They may not have to work hard because they are connected to the powerful. I can have a journalist trying to break scandals happening on campus and maybe write an article on how bad cafeteria food on campus is. The Drama Club could have short plays running on like a Saturday and other sims could go and watch.

There should be something special for each career in the game. I would love see like an operations dummy for doctors as they practice surgeries by hand and the surgery table. If they do well, they will be less likely to pull the heart out of a patient when delivering babies and such.

I could go on and on but, this is what I mean by a more fleshed out experience. I am probably in la la land for hoping so high but hey a girl can dream.