Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Coming?!!

Comments

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited July 2019
    I definitely feel that University could be release this November, because it's one of the next really highly anticipated expansion packs, but if not this year, maybe next, if they're wanting to do something 'brand new' this November then it'll probably come later. But we'll see.. :) I hope so, though, because I want sorority and frat houses and to be able to pledge and do tasks/activities to try to get accepted into those houses as well as have 'legacy' Sims be more desirable to the houses and trying to compete with other houses to get your "legacy" Sims in! That's gonna be super interesting for playing legacy families. :)

I just hope Maxis is thinking on the same page with this idea for the expansion. They surprised me with the calendar and I have been wanting a feature like that for a long time, so here's hoping! :) I'm always hoping for more family-play expansions.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I'd be really interested in a university pack provided it has a range of majors and some new careers. Would be cool to have little side tasks or activities like joining a society and going to meetings and socials etc.
    Would also be nice to see some alternative routes at uni like commuting students as already mentioned. There's lots of avenues this could go down!
  • MaddiewanMaddiewan Posts: 2 New Member
    I really hope so! Seems so weird that we havent gotten it yet, so many people wants it
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I may be hating every moment of irl university but I AM HERE FOR THIS!!!

FA440966-33-FD-423-D-A2-C4-B363143-BF3-EA.gif
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I hope it is
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited July 2019
    I FOUND MORE PROOF!!! My sim was assigned to be a tech guru by the story thing. It said, "Who needs college with programming skills like yours?" (Except, his skills are charisma and wellness, so... AND I OOP-)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It does look like a big hint at university and will most likely be the next ep. I’m not too fussed about uni but I hope it is coming soon for those that want the pack
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I just want it. I hope they ask for ideas from the community. I hope they take notes and I hope the put it in game. I'm excited. I'm ready.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2019
    I definitely feel that University could be release this November, because it's one of the next really highly anticipated expansion packs, but if not this year, maybe next, if they're wanting to do something 'brand new' this November then it'll probably come later. But we'll see.. :) I hope so, though, because I want sorority and frat houses and to be able to pledge and do tasks/activities to try to get accepted into those houses as well as have 'legacy' Sims be more desirable to the houses and trying to compete with other houses to get your "legacy" Sims in! That's gonna be super interesting for playing legacy families. :)

I just hope Maxis is thinking on the same page with this idea for the expansion. They surprised me with the calendar and I have been wanting a feature like that for a long time, so here's hoping! :) I'm always hoping for more family-play expansions.

Yes, the calender is one of the best features in game! I love it too. Also, I love their idea for preteens in that poll that they once published (I've been saying this over and over again, I know, I just want to get my opinion out there to the gurus haha).

I hope University comes with lots of different majors to choose from like it was in the Sims 2 and I would love the majors to fit the existing careers and also have some new careers and therefore degrees added (maybe university related academic, like become a professor or teacher at University/school). I would also like to have my Sim do a PhD and such, so different academic levels would be cool too.

I don't need fraternity/sorority houses as they're no big deal where I live (in fact, they're said to be politically really off). But of course I would love others to get that if you need it for your game play. And if they do it right, I might enjoy it too!
    One of the things that I hated about the older university packs was the fact that sims couldn't commute to university while living at home and had to live on campus so hopefully the sims 4 will change this since with the worlds being playable all one one save this could be possible for a university too, I just got bored of never returning home in the older games and having to focus my full attention on university until they got their degree.

Yes, I would like to choose for my sim to live on campus (in the new University world) or live somewhere else and commute.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    if uni is the next ep even if i buy it my sims will be staying at home will not be sending them to uni
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    if uni is the next ep even if i buy it my sims will be staying at home will not be sending them to uni

Like you're so fed up with university irl that you want to spare your sim? :D
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited July 2019
    I hope Uni is next! I just hope they can strike a balance between the education side of it (like they did in Sims 2) and the life side of it (Sims 3). Also, hearing the mention of bikes makes me think. There could be a possibility that they could link the world together like Sulani with the water but instead have trails where you can ride around the campus. I would love that!
    Post edited by suzyl3 on
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Like you're so fed up with university irl that you want to spare your sim? :D

for your info i never went to uni in my life i quit school at 20 years old
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I think it‘s a hint to university!
    a256aFi.gif
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    but i personally believe that a farming ep will come first.
    y'all got bread?
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    but i personally believe that a farming ep will come first.

I think, thematically, a farming pack would fit more with a June release date, so I believe that maybe next summer could be this EPs time. But that's just my views, and if it is indeed coming this fall, I would not be mad about that either! (I'm very much hoping a pack like this happens, actually)
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »
    Maxis uploaded all the new Sims from the rebranding (another topic entirely), and one of their bios, for Morgan Park, really caught my eye and I'm HOPING it's a look into the future!
    Morgan is all-in, all the time. Driven by her life-long love of sport, Morgan believes life is meant to be lived, not spent behind a desk. She''s always up for any adventure her friends suggest, and always pushes herself to do more. With her track and cross-country scholarships, she was always a top performing athlete at university. She''s currently training for her first Iron Man competition, which means a lot of time in the pool and on a bike.

University and scholarships!! What are your thoughts?! Am I alone in finding this extremely exciting? Do you think we'll be getting University soon (maybe even as the next expansion)?

And not only university there but bikes.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Once they announced Island Living, University being the next pack was a given. If we are right about that, I am very happy for everyone waiting for it. You guys have been waiting a long time for it. :)

It isn't a given Uni is the next ep pack. Next ep pack could be Generations,Farm LIfe or Romance. Both Seasons and Island Living both heavily requested eps came in Summer so Uni could do the same in June of Next Year. Of course I'm just guessing and Uni might come out in November.
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    I hope Uni is next! I just hope they can strike a balance between the education side of it (like they did in Sims 2) and the life side of it (Sims 3). Also, hearing the mention of bikes makes me think. There could be a possibility that they could link the world together like Sulani with the water but instead have trails where you can ride around the campus. I would love that!

And with bikes also comes the possibility of cars. I think cars and uni could go hand in hand.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Just hope it’s done right! I don’t need a half baked pack, like IL.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    While I heavily favour a farming pack before a uni pack, I truly hope whichever one it is has gameplay, and gameplay with depth. IL gave us a beautiful place, but apart from some tidying of the environment we just live in it as always. The game badly needs something new to do. Hopefully RoM will address that. Everything seems so pretty but superficial lately, I'd do with less pretty and more depth.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    University AND sports!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    edited July 2019
    suzyl3 wrote: »

And with bikes also comes the possibility of cars. I think cars and uni could go hand in hand.

I think I'd rather them NOT add in cars with a Uni pack, only so that they can focus more on other features that we want. Cars would be a good stuff pack instead, I think. Or perhaps a REALLY fleshed out game pack to add in a mechanic career and classic car shows and monster truck shows and derbies and car dealerships, etc.
    Post edited by Sakuske1 on
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich