Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims do you prefer to manage at once?

When i made this a little over a year ago I used to think I wanted a full house, but that is slowing turning into 4 at most. 2 adults and 2 kids. I don't think I can manage too many toddlers at one neither lol
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

How many sims do you prefer to manage at once? 87 votes

1 sim only
18%
LaBlue0314overonMysanNivyxZenAlchemistScott1710HermitgirlStutumSilentKittyArzekialCupidPeppermix1_RoséLilaizecsonnerdfashionSimChi 16 votes
2-4 sims
52%
HowGreatThouArtVibseBloosmoosimgirl1010SimpkinloubyloulouScarbo27kiara07SimplyJenKatelynRockshunniboo1Humility925taydevorangehippogriffLindsaySeddon1SindocatXxAirixXannaliese39tnb494fiercephoenix91 46 votes
5-6 sims
14%
Akl500Ptomchan0duhboy2u2wormstache999EnkiSchmidtFurSimsOfficialNorthDakotaGamerWildIrishBansheeMindsimscreateIyasenuDaepheneIVXXXVIihaveaplaniswear 13 votes
7-8 sims
9%
MeteoraStormCinebarMasonGamerRae357Evie0602AriaMad2CaleSimsPrincipleOfEntropy 8 votes
Other:
4%
Writin_RegTiarellaBabykittyjadeLiELF 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    5-6 sims
    I manage all my household no matter how many sims, so if it's 8 then it's 8, but till now It has been around 5.
    Only when I play my main sim with roommates, I open autonomy and let them do their own thing while I only control my own sim.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    1 sim only
    I can handle 8 without issue if I wanted to, but I like to play with a single sim.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    1 sim only
    I often start out with one sim, sometimes I add a second one. Every other year or so I try my hand at playing a family with several sims. Then it’s back to recuperate with my solo-sim again.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    1 sim only
    I prefer just one, but when I have 2 or more I let the others do whatever and only focus on my original sim.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    1 sim only
    Only one, and here's why.

I had one of my sims take a vacation away from his room mates and while on vacation I noticed all the room mates were all miserable. They weren't eating, sleeping or using the bathroom. If they ever fix this I'd love to play more than one sim, but right now it seems kind of pointless. If you have a sim go to a 5 hour event the other sims in your house hold will get out of bed even you made them go to sleep before you left. Soooo.. by the time you return everyone is hungry & tired and they have to work/go to school in a few hours.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    5-6 sims
    My comfort zone is around 6 sims. I can easily handle 8 (or more!) but I start feeling like things are slipping when the numbers get higher.
  • Options
    zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    2-4 sims
    Usually, I play with just one. If I play long enough, I will end up with between 2-4 sims though.

I think it is because I enjoy "role-playing" a bit and feeling like I am the one sim. Then, I build the story and game around that sim's life specifically. Any jobs, skills, purchases, partners, or children will likely be the legacy of that sim.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    2-4 sims
    More than about 4, and it is hard to be sure children are getting the adult supervision they require to thrive.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    2-4 sims
    I can do three maximum, with depth. Any more and I lose connection. I like playing with depth. I can take care of 8 sims but I can't get in depth with them so I don't like it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    2-4 sims
    I can easily handle more, but the portraits become very small even though there's still room on the bar, and I can't stand it, so I limit the number of sims in a family to avoid that. I know there's a way to fix it but my resolution suits me fine right now.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    Other:
    I play rotationally so my answer would be "yes", lol.

I have a huge variety of households, from 1 to 8 Sims and I usually just play whichever household I feel like at the time, since I also play with aging off. I would say my ideal comfort zone is three or four sims, although the household I play the most has 7 Sims plus a cat. I'm not sure how you're counting pets in this, since they are not technically controllable.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    2-4 sims
    @Simpkin I agree with your comment! Adding that point to my previous.
    Mainly if you add more sims to me it feels more like a micro-manager with their needs than anything else (unless you have cheats, mods, or lots of whim points that reduce their needs).
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Other:
    My households come in all sizes, but with the problems with queued actions, I find I'm preferring households with 1 grandparent, 2 parents, and 1 child. Pets are iffy; if the kids could participate more fully in pet-care I'd enjoy 'em more.

Smaller households tend to bore me more quickly. Larger ones cause too much duplicate-clicking when the queued actions won't activate (invisible queues), get cancelled out by the game (not by me), or when I try to cancel a queued action because the inactivated ones timed out & I don't want the next one to activate...my cancellation won't work. :/ It's just too much work, over & over & the game won't let me play my way. Grouse, grouse, grouse. :wink: So I redid my families wherever possible (aged teens out of the HH, etc.) to reduce the size.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    2-4 sims
    I like to play with families rather than single sims, although I do tend to have a favourite that I focus on more. It depends on the couple/story how many children they have, but the most I have planned so far is three children at one time. I don't like too many sims in one household as it makes it harder to give them all the time and attention I want to give them. My main household consists of a couple with just one toddler and a cat and I find that works well for me. My favourite sim is a freelancer and stay-at-home dad while his partner has a regular job which makes things easier to manage and fun.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    2-4 sims
    I can manage 2-4 sim's fairly easily but for some reason I am addicted to the genetics in the game and so there is offspring everywhere and usually I manage to make so many babies that the house is over-run, I start getting annoyed with the four toddlers running around and then swearing ensues, I lose interest and shut the game down (after aging up all of the kids to see what they will look like in cas) Then I start a new save, I'm going to have to keep remembering it's the Sims 4 I am playing and not breed like freezer bunny defrosted.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    2-4 sims
    I play no more than four at time as it starts to become more of a chore to care for them then to do what I want to do (never been a fan of toddlers, so the less toddlers, the better. They take up so much time to care for).
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    2-4 sims
    2-4 because the game has issues after that and I hate the small portraits at the bottom after 4 sims/pets
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2019
    5-6 sims
    including pets... up to 7 sims. No more than seven, ever. But I always leave one empty space open in case things happen so usually 6 max.
  • Options
    blythemegan94blythemegan94 Posts: 23 Member
    2-4 sims
    The only time I've maxed a house is for challenges (e.g. 100 baby challenge) otherwise I prefer focusing on a pair of sims and MAYBE add a child - but ALWAYS add doggos :D
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Other:
    @Mindsimscreate - you reminded me: fairly early in TS3, the ghost-grandpa paid his family a visit. I was busy with the living sims & didn't notice that when he went to the fridge and started cooking, he was making ambrosia (or whatever the recipe was called then). He ate it, returned to life, and...there wasn't any more room in my 8-sim family! So at the end of his visit, he said 'buh-bye!' and disappeared from the world. His portrait stayed 'live' in the family tree, even after the next generation was dying off, but he himself could never be found. I pretended he had started a new life for himself somewhere else and didn't keep his first family informed, but that wasn't characteristic of him as he was in his first life.

After that, I too kept my HHs limited to 7 sims!
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    5-6 sims
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @Mindsimscreate - you reminded me: fairly early in TS3, the ghost-grandpa paid his family a visit. I was busy with the living sims & didn't notice that when he went to the fridge and started cooking, he was making ambrosia (or whatever the recipe was called then). He ate it, returned to life, and...there wasn't any more room in my 8-sim family! So at the end of his visit, he said 'buh-bye!' and disappeared from the world. His portrait stayed 'live' in the family tree, even after the next generation was dying off, but he himself could never be found. I pretended he had started a new life for himself somewhere else and didn't keep his first family informed, but that wasn't characteristic of him as he was in his first life.

After that, I too kept my HHs limited to 7 sims!

That’s cool. I never played ts3 but it seems pretty fun :)
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    5-6 sims
    I tend to end up with 5. I don't know if it's really a preference, but I keep ending up there. Usually two grandparents, two parents and however many children one pregnancy produces, then everyone ages up and the grandparents die off and the next generation is born.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    1 sim only
    The most I can do at once is 4.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    5-6 sims
    I mean 8 is fine if there aren't too many babies, toddlers, or pets who can't really care for themselves.
    But as for households that are families with kids, rather than just a bunch of adults who are roommates, I usually play 4~5, though the one I'm playing now is 6 (and almost 7).

Autonomy is helpful, though it's still up to me to set Sims on tasks that autonomy won't, like improving specific skills or performing work from home tasks, freelancer work, or some holiday/daily tasks.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    1 sim only
    1-3 is what I prefer but I most often play one sim at a time.
    egTcBMc.png