Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Island Living + June 2019 patch

Comments

• Options
    Alyse4theWinAlyse4theWin Posts: 33 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > A Personal Note
    > This thread will not be updated by me on Saturday the 22nd. Have to go rescue an aching, unable-to-drive husband from across the province and drive the car home. I'll let you all know when I'm back if I'll be able to update Sunday, because this will shift that day's plans too.

Thank you luthienrising for the updates, and hope all is well with your husband! I was able to fix the blue screen via your instructions, but I am having mod issues again. My mods were fine a few hours ago, but now there is a mod clashing with the mccc. It's no rush, i'll see if i can figure it out.
    54JOX9v.jpg

"How can I try to right the wrong?"- Freddie Mercury, In My Defence
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Sonailee wrote: »
    So i had this weird thing happen when i created my mermaid, i got her in the game and she was awesome everything was fine and then all the sudden her feet appeared like inside her tail. I have no idea what cc could be causing this at this point, i have like 3k worth of cc, mostly CAS stuff and furniture but i didn’t use that much CC for her for that very reason. She has a cc hair, eyes, and skin overlay along with her makeup too so idk what the problem is unless its a mod that i have, which i have mccc and uh...(ww but lets not talk about that). Im stumped so, Any suggestions?

Please see the list of known broken CC on p. 1. This is, as @FluorescentSoap says, a feet mod/CC issue often. It can also be CC pants the Sim was wearing as not-a-mermaid. See the tips on p. 1 as well for what to do after removing suspect CC.
    Jean wrote: »
    Don't know if it has been posted, but the More Columns mod has been updated by weerbesu on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-columns-in-27751117

Yep! You can find what's already been reported here on p. 1. It's regularly updated. (Well, except tomorrow, when I'll be away.)
    > @luthienrising said:
    > A Personal Note
    > This thread will not be updated by me on Saturday the 22nd. Have to go rescue an aching, unable-to-drive husband from across the province and drive the car home. I'll let you all know when I'm back if I'll be able to update Sunday, because this will shift that day's plans too.

Thank you luthienrising for the updates, and hope all is well with your husband! I was able to fix the blue screen via your instructions, but I am having mod issues again. My mods were fine a few hours ago, but now there is a mod clashing with the mccc. It's no rush, i'll see if i can figure it out.
    Thank you, and that's good news so far! If you need extra help finding the problem, you can post to Deaderpool's Discord server. Be kind to them there, and patient - they've been really busy with support!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    I spoke a little too soon earlier. I found that the edited Maxis skintones by Simtowreck prevent suntans/sunburns after all. LUUMIA's vanilla skin is fine though and does correctly show tans and burns. I forgot to wait long enough for my Sim to tan/burn earlier.

A file I forgot I had since it was in my Overrides folder, the Skin and Makeup Tints Fix by lilotea, also prevents suntans/sunburns.

Sorry I forgot to properly test suntanning earlier!
  • Options
    FalseZenFalseZen Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2019
    (Deleted to start my own thread)
    Post edited by FalseZen on
  • Options
    StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2019
    Broken Mods[...]
    • Low Fun Is Boring (Nies)
    Wait, that's broken? Crud, sorry. :(

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • Options
    chahtah1899chahtah1899 Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone else have problems with skin graphics, like the skin on a clothing mesh and different coloured :s hair? How do I repair this?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Just thought I’d report that Sakura Leon’s gallery poses seem to be broken. Before uploading a sim you can see the custom poses but they are always uploaded without the custom pose.
  • Options
    Broken Mods[...]

Haven't confirmed that one myself, mind, and user reports sometimes turn out to have been a different issue.
    Does anyone else have problems with skin graphics, like the skin on a clothing mesh and different coloured :s hair? How do I repair this?

There's a lot of CC that's not compatible with the Island Living pack, and some not compatible with the patch. It needs the creators to repair it.
    Just thought I’d report that Sakura Leon’s gallery poses seem to be broken. Before uploading a sim you can see the custom poses but they are always uploaded without the custom pose.

Thanks!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Updated Mods
    • Slice of Life (KawaiiStacie) - Hotfix 2

Broken Mods
    • Sakura Leon’s gallery poses
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Broken Mods[...]

It may not be causing any seen issues but I checked the resources and some of them require new code updates. That's why simply testing mods doesn't always tell you if it's ok to use or not, unfortunately.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Has Stacie updated travel mod yet? is the only one I need.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    I'm guessing Online Utilities System by Itsmysimmod is broken. it was reported broken by someone on may 29 with no response from creator.

http://modthesims.info/d/620955/online-utilities-system.html
  • Options
    Alyse4theWinAlyse4theWin Posts: 33 Member
    Okay, I was able to find the culprit. So far none of sacrificial mods are working with the mccc. However, every other updated mod (besides that other oottthherr one) works just fine with mccc. So, basically the two mods that would make our Sims' game rated...the letter before s...isn't working for me lol. I haven't tried any custom content yet but plan on doing so.
    54JOX9v.jpg

"How can I try to right the wrong?"- Freddie Mercury, In My Defence
  • Options
    gemmasilkgemmasilk Posts: 18 New Member
    please please please can someone help m trying to do the " beach life" aspiration and I can do the GET A SUNTAN one I go to the lounger all day and will sunbathe ( it says I'm already burnt when in not when I try and add suncream) and I domino tan I just lay down and I try stopping and theism looks like his tanned but then it wont check today its done and if I leave it longer he burns so I leave it a few sim days and try again and I can't do it its been 3 weeks in misaim game and I cant get it to work ?? I have mcc the hot fix after the update and slice of life. I've also removed all skin details and set his skin to a EA in gamete and not a custom one and t wont work please please help me xx
  • Options
    Okay, I was able to find the culprit. So far none of sacrificial mods are working with the mccc. However, every other updated mod (besides that other oottthherr one) works just fine with mccc. So, basically the two mods that would make our Sims' game rated...the letter before s...isn't working for me lol. I haven't tried any custom content yet but plan on doing so.
    His mods are listed here as Broken right now, but it's worth checking for updates on his site, as not all can be reported on here. Glad you figured it out!
    gemmasilk wrote: »
    please please please can someone help m trying to do the " beach life" aspiration and I can do the GET A SUNTAN one I go to the lounger all day and will sunbathe ( it says I'm already burnt when in not when I try and add suncream) and I domino tan I just lay down and I try stopping and theism looks like his tanned but then it wont check today its done and if I leave it longer he burns so I leave it a few sim days and try again and I can't do it its been 3 weeks in misaim game and I cant get it to work ?? I have mcc the hot fix after the update and slice of life. I've also removed all skin details and set his skin to a EA in gamete and not a custom one and t wont work please please help me xx
    Make sure your MCCC and SOL are on the ones available today. Try also to see what happens without any mods/CC in; you might be able to narrow down if it's a mod/CC or a bug.
    Has Stacie updated travel mod yet? is the only one I need.
    Not yet, no. She's working on the big mods first.

MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Online Utilities System by Itsmysimmod is broken. it was reported broken by someone on may 29 with no response from creator.

http://modthesims.info/d/620955/online-utilities-system.html
    I've seen no patch-specific reports on it, but I also haven't seen any confirmation that it's broken (I think it was working for me last time I went to use it, but that was a while ago). I'd suggest testing it in-game.

• Options
    Updated Mods
    LittleMsSam has updated these mods for compatibility with Island Living content:
    • Ask to Upgrade
    • Auto Employees | Custom Lot Trait
    • Buy a better Mattress (Better Energy/Comfort on Beds)
    • Buy Comfortable Cushions (Energy/Comfort on Sofas & Co.)
    • Call a Babysitter
    • Force to Leave | New Door Interaction
    • Foster Family
    • Gender & More | Custom Lot Trait
    • Live in Business
    • Live In Services
    • More Buyable Venues and new Venue Types
    • More Visitors | Custom Lot Trait
    • Quick Shower & Quick Bath
    • Roommates
    • Send Sims to Bed
    • SimDa Dating App
    • Unlock/Lock Doors for chosen Sims
    Find links here: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/185750685113/mod-updates
  • Options
    oka i willl try that thank you x
  • Options
    Updated Mods
    Confirmed Fine by Modder
    • itasan2: Get to College
    • K9DB: Little Monster Guards..., More Monster Guards
    • NateTheL0ser: Coming Out Mod
    • SimplyInspiredSims4: Gardener Trait, Tinkerer Trait, Sports Enthusiast Trait, Angler Trait
  • Options
    i worked it out 1! I Took out the mod. i had called pregnancy over haul x
  • Options
    xepher1xepher1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue whenever I use skin overlays on mermaids. It covers the entire tail, making it flesh colored like the overlay. Is there a fix or are all skin overlays just broken on mermaids?
  • Options
    xepher1 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue whenever I use skin overlays on mermaids. It covers the entire tail, making it flesh colored like the overlay. Is there a fix or are all skin overlays just broken on mermaids?

A lot of things are broken on mermaids and will need to be updated by the creators. If you have particular packages you know are broken, I'm happy to add them to the list on p. 1 for others to use.
    All my careers are working FYi.

Including paid time off? @midnitetech said that part of hers wasn't working.
  • Options
    merin0307merin0307 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @xepher1 said:
    > I'm having an issue whenever I use skin overlays on mermaids. It covers the entire tail, making it flesh colored like the overlay. Is there a fix or are all skin overlays just broken on mermaids?

I am personally using Luumia's Vanilla Skin default replacement and it works perfectly on mermaids and with the suntan/sunburn system. It's not an overlay, though, so if you're wanting that I think you may just have to wait for things to get updated.
  • Options
    Mod Update
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Does Xmiramira's Melanin Pack work with suntanning?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top