Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Plenty of time for three packs. EP in June, GP or SP in August, EP in November.

Two of the Temp jobs Maxis has up is for a Sims 4 ep and is through part of November.

My niece who graduated College last month in C++ Programming and Computer Sciences wants to work for EA - I thought she might be interested and mentioned it to her - but she decided in going for the intern program first so she can see how it goes. I think she also did not want to take just a temp job either and was more interested in the programming side of things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Yes, use the tablet and that sims can do every interaction standing up when they are sitting down. They can blow a kiss sitting down too.
    Aaaw, feed a bite interaction, I want that in TS4. :3
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Ah wait, I forgot 'feed a bite' came with Dine out. : o

it is in ts4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I'm not sure TS5 will be the answer to TS2, 3 or 4. If they are chasing after young non players who don't even attempt to play life simulators what will that say about their influence onto the next game? I mean they hang on instagram, I have nothing in common with them there. They supposedly like that new line of clothes and why EA went to the trouble of engaging the Italian designer to capture those who hang on instagram? Or something like that. I think that stuff is ugly. It was o.k. for the mod age but not now. It's way to retro unless you want to play some wierd game of back to the future. I can't think a huge bubble dress is something I want to ever see in my games as everyday wear.

They like games like Candy Crush...for all I know TS5 could be a game of click and stars explode. If they aren't listening to the core fans (whether those are 2, 3, or 4 players) what gives us any hope they will build a new game on what we suggested or wanted. I mean if the crowds are going nuts over one white shelf, and more tasks to do, like do A, B, C..and call it a day, I know I'm not the targeted audience when I can play those games for less than $10 or for free.

TS5 isn't looking so bright or promising anymore when they rather make a game about youtubers' popularity, and gold mesh clothes. Baby whomever, never heard of them, and I don't give a flying fig of who is and who isn't over on Youtube, or what's the lastest rage over in California. I don't give a flying fig about 'connecting' with others, or what's hot and what's not. Or what is the lastest pokemon character, or what is the lastest boss in some fight game. Or which developer likes collecting MySim statues, or thinks the Sim pc is the best invention ever to do all and any tasks or things as activities on a good old pc instead of using gray matter to build a better object. I don't care who is sharing their selfies on FB or Instagram, or wherever, but apparently these are the people EA wants as new customers. Well, o.k., fine, go for it, but don't expect any of us here with our guaranteed money, to be around this time, and go ahead and give away the base, because we have all left the building, and you will need them.

Yes, I agree with you as they are looking at an different generation now as those they are looking at now have different tastes and do not know what it was like back in the day and today it is more about eye candy and not enough substance and I come from the day when EA as well as Maxis was just starting out and believe me EA as well as Maxis was way different back then compared to today for at some point it is sad to what has come of them today Imho. But is not the company itself but the people who changes and therefore the company changes you can look at their motto now and it is no longer challenge everything for to me there is nothing to challenge. What Sims series is changing into is more of an Tablet/Ipad game setting even if available for PC. In an way I expected this to happen as each sequel is produced it becomes more watered down as time moves on. Sims series need more robust themes with very good features and also thinking out the box like an theme with Sims living on other planets with other aliens and thier wacky way of living just as an start or example for they already have aliens and can take it an step further. I am at an point now as an gamer who plays other games I could care less if it makes it or go down the tubes as I seen other games that was just as great as the Sims go down and the gaming platform will just keep on trucking.

In a few days it will be June. We are already almost three months into their new business cycle, which began in April, they have three months left to release the promised EP, GP and Stuff pack which Lyndsay said they would be releasing. Either they can wiggle their noses and build three packs within six months or this is gonna be left over stuff they have thrown together to sell as separate packs. I really dread to see what they plan on releasing by the end of Sept. when we can't even get a bug fix for May. Think about it, they have stated three new packs by Oct. 1st. I'm not believing they will have any depth to them at all but more rush jobs.

That's not how packs are built, though, according to past information. Many concepts are started way in advance, sometimes years, of the estimated release, and features of several different packs plus free content can be worked on at the same time. They don't wait until one is finished to begin work on the next, and they don't even do it quarter by quarter or by fiscal year. They have approximately 200 developers for Sims 4 working on many things at once. This is most likely why a Sims game gains momentum in its later years, because as time goes on, more things come to fruition.

That doesn't mean the packs are automatically going to be wonderful, of course. But if an expansion is announced to release in June, that means it's been worked on at least since Seasons released because they've stated it takes (on average) about a year to create an expansion, six to eight months for a game pack, and three or four (I think) for a stuff pack. I believe they also said that sometimes they will shift people around to put more focus into an upcoming release if they think it needs more work. But we had the same lull this time last year, right before Seasons came out, so this really isn't anything new.

I guess we'll see soon enough, maybe even an announcement this week, with EA Play coming up soon, and if the rumors of a tropical expansion are true. If they put ocean swimming in the game, it will make a bunch of people happy, anyway.

I know how it works, but c'mon, you think they all have time to do a proper beta test when they are supposed to be releasing three packs within the next three months? Lyndsay @ MM is the one who said there would be three packs released in this quarter and in June we will be in the third month of that quarter. So, that's a lot of testing to do to get three packs out in three months. We didn't even get a bug fix for May..so no, it doesn't look like chewing gum and building packs can all work at the same time.

ETA: And no the EP hasn't been worked on since Seasons,...GF is an EP not a GP so no, it won't have taken a year as you say, since GF was released after Seasons and another is expected soon. (Or at least she said three packs by Oct.)

Lindsay did not say this quarter, she said in the next six months.

And I think you are misinformed as to how packs are created because there has been a lot of discussion about it and questions answered by the delevopers, which is where I have gotten my information. Cats and Dogs alone took over two years to create, I think they said about three. A lot depends on what kind of systems they work on, what features they include, and if the game engine needs to be changed for it. So yes, it takes on average a year to make an EP, so that means that features in Get Famous were being worked on even before Seasons came out, possibly even before Cats and Dogs came out. Like I said, they have stated several times that they are constantly working on many things at once, and multiple packs at a time. This means that Sims 4 content takes a long time to create. There was tons of development info shared when the Laundry Day stuff pack was being created. I assure you, I don't make this stuff up, I am passing on information that was shared with us because I pay attention to that stuff, lol.

The fiscal year ends next March. They were supposed to release 20 DLC. Two months of that fiscal year is just about over. June will be the third month of the fiscal year. Lyndsay said three packs in the next six months..sorry, I thought she said that last month, but it was just May when she said that right? O.k. It still winds up having to release three packs by Nov. instead of Oct. Take away a month or two, same difference as what I said.

I guess I just don't know why that doesn't seem plausible. Previous iterations of Sims games gained momentum as time went on as well. Because as development progresses, more and more features and items reach their finishing stages. Things people have been requesting for the last couple of years are likely to start turning up if they've been in development. (Like the rumored Island Tropic pack coming in June.) They can't just pull an EP out of the air in a few months by request or demand, that's just not plausible.

Supposedly a Guru recently leaked that there will be two announcements at EA play. We're also supposed to be getting a big update and patch in the beginning of June, according to the mod creator of MC Command. It's anyone's guess as to what any of this will or won't contain, but we'll know soon enough.

I wish I could feel more excited this time around, but without some key base game changes in Sim personalities and Fear, consequences and obstacles, it's just going to be the same gameplay with new fluff. I don't really have the confidence that these things will ever be addressed. They should have been prioritized and corrected long ago. As it is now, I'm playing a very expensive Sim creator, lol. I love playing with CAS and making Sims, but, you know, I'd really like to be able to play the actual game without getting bored. I never, ever had that problem with Sims 2.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    So many good points that I subscribe here! But sometimes I just feel that they are more focused in Twitter and Youtube game changers opinions rather that the official forums where many of "core" players give their opinions!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I'm not sure TS5 will be the answer to TS2, 3 or 4. If they are chasing after young non players who don't even attempt to play life simulators what will that say about their influence onto the next game? I mean they hang on instagram, I have nothing in common with them there. They supposedly like that new line of clothes and why EA went to the trouble of engaging the Italian designer to capture those who hang on instagram? Or something like that. I think that stuff is ugly. It was o.k. for the mod age but not now. It's way to retro unless you want to play some wierd game of back to the future. I can't think a huge bubble dress is something I want to ever see in my games as everyday wear.

They like games like Candy Crush...for all I know TS5 could be a game of click and stars explode. If they aren't listening to the core fans (whether those are 2, 3, or 4 players) what gives us any hope they will build a new game on what we suggested or wanted. I mean if the crowds are going nuts over one white shelf, and more tasks to do, like do A, B, C..and call it a day, I know I'm not the targeted audience when I can play those games for less than $10 or for free.

TS5 isn't looking so bright or promising anymore when they rather make a game about youtubers' popularity, and gold mesh clothes. Baby whomever, never heard of them, and I don't give a flying fig of who is and who isn't over on Youtube, or what's the lastest rage over in California. I don't give a flying fig about 'connecting' with others, or what's hot and what's not. Or what is the lastest pokemon character, or what is the lastest boss in some fight game. Or which developer likes collecting MySim statues, or thinks the Sim pc is the best invention ever to do all and any tasks or things as activities on a good old pc instead of using gray matter to build a better object. I don't care who is sharing their selfies on FB or Instagram, or wherever, but apparently these are the people EA wants as new customers. Well, o.k., fine, go for it, but don't expect any of us here with our guaranteed money, to be around this time, and go ahead and give away the base, because we have all left the building, and you will need them.

Yes, I agree with you as they are looking at an different generation now as those they are looking at now have different tastes and do not know what it was like back in the day and today it is more about eye candy and not enough substance and I come from the day when EA as well as Maxis was just starting out and believe me EA as well as Maxis was way different back then compared to today for at some point it is sad to what has come of them today Imho. But is not the company itself but the people who changes and therefore the company changes you can look at their motto now and it is no longer challenge everything for to me there is nothing to challenge. What Sims series is changing into is more of an Tablet/Ipad game setting even if available for PC. In an way I expected this to happen as each sequel is produced it becomes more watered down as time moves on. Sims series need more robust themes with very good features and also thinking out the box like an theme with Sims living on other planets with other aliens and thier wacky way of living just as an start or example for they already have aliens and can take it an step further. I am at an point now as an gamer who plays other games I could care less if it makes it or go down the tubes as I seen other games that was just as great as the Sims go down and the gaming platform will just keep on trucking.

In a few days it will be June. We are already almost three months into their new business cycle, which began in April, they have three months left to release the promised EP, GP and Stuff pack which Lyndsay said they would be releasing. Either they can wiggle their noses and build three packs within six months or this is gonna be left over stuff they have thrown together to sell as separate packs. I really dread to see what they plan on releasing by the end of Sept. when we can't even get a bug fix for May. Think about it, they have stated three new packs by Oct. 1st. I'm not believing they will have any depth to them at all but more rush jobs.

That's not how packs are built, though, according to past information. Many concepts are started way in advance, sometimes years, of the estimated release, and features of several different packs plus free content can be worked on at the same time. They don't wait until one is finished to begin work on the next, and they don't even do it quarter by quarter or by fiscal year. They have approximately 200 developers for Sims 4 working on many things at once. This is most likely why a Sims game gains momentum in its later years, because as time goes on, more things come to fruition.

That doesn't mean the packs are automatically going to be wonderful, of course. But if an expansion is announced to release in June, that means it's been worked on at least since Seasons released because they've stated it takes (on average) about a year to create an expansion, six to eight months for a game pack, and three or four (I think) for a stuff pack. I believe they also said that sometimes they will shift people around to put more focus into an upcoming release if they think it needs more work. But we had the same lull this time last year, right before Seasons came out, so this really isn't anything new.

I guess we'll see soon enough, maybe even an announcement this week, with EA Play coming up soon, and if the rumors of a tropical expansion are true. If they put ocean swimming in the game, it will make a bunch of people happy, anyway.

I know how it works, but c'mon, you think they all have time to do a proper beta test when they are supposed to be releasing three packs within the next three months? Lyndsay @ MM is the one who said there would be three packs released in this quarter and in June we will be in the third month of that quarter. So, that's a lot of testing to do to get three packs out in three months. We didn't even get a bug fix for May..so no, it doesn't look like chewing gum and building packs can all work at the same time.

ETA: And no the EP hasn't been worked on since Seasons,...GF is an EP not a GP so no, it won't have taken a year as you say, since GF was released after Seasons and another is expected soon. (Or at least she said three packs by Oct.)

Lindsay did not say this quarter, she said in the next six months.

And I think you are misinformed as to how packs are created because there has been a lot of discussion about it and questions answered by the delevopers, which is where I have gotten my information. Cats and Dogs alone took over two years to create, I think they said about three. A lot depends on what kind of systems they work on, what features they include, and if the game engine needs to be changed for it. So yes, it takes on average a year to make an EP, so that means that features in Get Famous were being worked on even before Seasons came out, possibly even before Cats and Dogs came out. Like I said, they have stated several times that they are constantly working on many things at once, and multiple packs at a time. This means that Sims 4 content takes a long time to create. There was tons of development info shared when the Laundry Day stuff pack was being created. I assure you, I don't make this stuff up, I am passing on information that was shared with us because I pay attention to that stuff, lol.

The fiscal year ends next March. They were supposed to release 20 DLC. Two months of that fiscal year is just about over. June will be the third month of the fiscal year. Lyndsay said three packs in the next six months..sorry, I thought she said that last month, but it was just May when she said that right? O.k. It still winds up having to release three packs by Nov. instead of Oct. Take away a month or two, same difference as what I said.

I guess I just don't know why that doesn't seem plausible. Previous iterations of Sims games gained momentum as time went on as well. Because as development progresses, more and more features and items reach their finishing stages. Things people have been requesting for the last couple of years are likely to start turning up if they've been in development. (Like the rumored Island Tropic pack coming in June.) They can't just pull an EP out of the air in a few months by request or demand, that's just not plausible.

Supposedly a Guru recently leaked that there will be two announcements at EA play. We're also supposed to be getting a big update and patch in the beginning of June, according to the mod creator of MC Command. It's anyone's guess as to what any of this will or won't contain, but we'll know soon enough.

I wish I could feel more excited this time around, but without some key base game changes in Sim personalities and Fear, consequences and obstacles, it's just going to be the same gameplay with new fluff. I don't really have the confidence that these things will ever be addressed. They should have been prioritized and corrected long ago. As it is now, I'm playing a very expensive Sim creator, lol. I love playing with CAS and making Sims, but, you know, I'd really like to be able to play the actual game without getting bored. I never, ever had that problem with Sims 2.

Yes!! @LiELF the whole last paragraph gets a me too. Love CAS, and I enjoy build mode too but live mode just be does not rope me in like the other games did, and the way I wish it did so badly.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2019
    Which brings us back to the title of this topic, doesn’t it?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I agree @drake_mccarty. Right now I am again renovating in my game (There are still quite a few lots i haven't done) And other than build/buy mode and CAS I get bored very easily with the game. I feel like live mode is lacking. I want to love it but I can't.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2019
    TS4 isn’t finished & tbh I really don’t want TS5 just yet. Maybe in a few years. I’ve not fully delved into this series as much as TS2 & 3 and especially with many new players it would be silly to start working on a Sims 5 project & just forget about TS4 in the next year.

GTA 5 came out in 2013 & they’re still releasing content for that. Time doesn’t mean anything, it’s when they run out of ideas then you need to wrap it up. And judging by the Guru’s tweets, they have content to last for years.

Sit back and enjoy TS4.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Something to remember, though, is that just because the design team has years of plans sketched up still doesn't guarantee that the company will necessarily keep the servers on that long. When weighing statements like this, it's important to remember the big picture and not give anything too much weight.

In other words, it could certainly happen, but that's not always the case when a gaming company says something like that. It's a goal they may be looking at, but that's not the same as being written in stone.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2019
    @LiELF This topic has a strong tendency to derail (including by myself), your last post is exactly what it’s about and hits the nail on its head. Well said, fully agree. It’s not hate and it’s not ‘not wanting to move on’. Everybody does desperately want to move on because we all love this franchise. And some decided to stick to Sims 4 and give it chance after chance and keep buying for the reasons you mention, while some just simply have given up and have returned to solely playing the predecessors. For many the starting point is the same, which is why I strongly feel every simmer should be allowed to share their point of view in this (in Feedback). Sims 4 players who have every pack but also the ones who quit buying.

(I realize there are also simmers who genuinely do love Sims 4 and consider it the perfect Sims game, I’m only adressing the people who have their problems with it here)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @drake_mccarty and @Noree_Doree I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this is a common problem. I think a lot of people really want to love Sims 4 but can't quite place what's wrong with it, or why they don't feel fully engaged on a regular basis. And I think it's a big contributor to that endless thirst for new content and the almost rabid need for information. When new content releases, people are excited and happy to explore something new, but when the shininess wears off, the core problems are still there and they're left wondering why the game still feels wanting. It's a cycle to figure out what's really missing. Maybe it's Cats and Dogs, maybe it's Seasons, maybe it's University,... maybe we just need that one more expansion pack and the game will feel complete...

But it won't. The things that are missing are things that were built into the base games of previous iterations, and then further built upon and expanded on with each pack. If those things are missing to begin with, no pack is going to replace them now. And it's a shame because I really do think we've gotten some really fun packs and concepts and good ideas that could have been explosive if the base game had just been complete in the first place. I love Vampires more than any pack that's ever existed but there is no Fear. I love Jungle Adventures and want to go to Selvadora all the time, but there are barely any consequences. I love Cats and Dogs and I think the animals are amazing, but it just brings out how dull and limited the Sims themselves are. I love making clubs and being able to customize groups, but we can't even customize our individual Sim's personal preferences and behaviors. Everyone raves about Parenthood and the depth it brings to family play, but our Sims don't even remember those important moments, good or bad, with family. Or first kiss, or first Woohoo or key events in their lives. I want to love the Evil and Mean traits, but what good is it to pick fights when the game fights against me to make all Sims autonomously friendly and they're hugging goodbye? There are still no staple event NPCs like Firemen, Police, and Burglars. And not even that, but terrain tools aren't even finished yet. There's no pond tool. The game is turning five in a few months and these things haven't been addressed?

I can't help but continue to believe that the people behind this game don't play it, and have no idea what made the previous versions so enjoyable. They change things just for the sake of change, without questioning if it's a wise choice. Putting emotions before traits? Leaving out Fear? Making the default mood Happy instead of Fine? Changing the environment need to a decorations buff? Making half the Occults just buff states and not createable in CAS? Limiting apartments to a single world? Allowing the game to use our playable Sims to fill random job roles without so much as a pop-up to allow player consent? Then, giving us restaurants and vet clinics and retail but not allowing us to hire our own Sims? How about the invasive aspects of Fame, where nothing can get accomplished in a community lot if a celebrity is there because the whole population has to ooh and aah and faint... even my own vampires? Why can't it just use townies for this? And how about forcing the entirety of the game into a trendy, teenybopper, tech-era, smart phone forced, monotonous Utopia to appease one single age group?

These games used to have heart and soul to them, they were more ageless, more gutsy, more dramatic, more flexible, and they were malleable so that the player could choose what kind of game to have, what kind of world to create, whether to be realistic or fantastical, whether to play in the past or the future or just play in a timeless place with beings that had their own rules and concerns, not those of the USA. The Sims used to be their own universe with their own language and laws, and only a mild resemblance to our reality. The rest was up to the player. What happened? Why did they stray from a formula that worked?

I don't hate Sims 4. But I never loved it, either. It's almost too..."meh"...to invoke either extreme emotion in me, and that kind of makes me sad. I've definitely had some fun with it, don't get me wrong, and I do continue to play it...or at least I play with CAS and the Gallery and rebuild neighborhoods. But for every really fun play session I've had, (which happens only occasionally,) I've had two or three play sessions that are just bland and repetitive. The Sims look pretty and they animate smoothly, but there's nothing underneath. They flip through emotions that don't make sense to them, they wander through their days in a happy haze, and they practically run in circles as they fight against me to gravitate to the nearest boring object. They all have ADHD and nonsensical behavior no matter what traits I give them. And they drink. Way. Too. Much. Water. Why do they even do that? It's a useless, time-wasting "activity" that serves no gameplay purpose whatsoever. Okay, the water thing I actually do hate. I hate it even more than that stupid talking toilet, which is a great example of "WTH?!" weird decisions for gameplay. I'm sure talking toilets are great in real life for those who have them, a convenient way to pass the time, but to think that players actually want toilet gameplay for their Sims, and to build a relationship with a commode, is so beyond my comprehension that I don't think I'll ever forgive that atrocity, lol. I mean, if they shipped it along with a talking chair, and made them robotic displays as part of the geek festival, it would have made more sense. I might have actually played with a robotic, talking chair. Great for lonely or loner Sims. But no one even thought of that? Really??

I hate EA's influence over this game. Their demands to make sure all content is "marketable", their warped telemetry, their push for unrealistic deadlines that compromise the base games. They don't "get" the gamer. Look at what Blizzard did; they created a game that they would play themselves when they made World of Warcraft. People still play that game, and it's been updated and altered and added to. How old is it now? 15? And still going because they think like players, not like corporate stuffies. At least, they used to.

The Sims franchise needs its soul back. EA needs to do right by the players and by the game. Chasing the easy dollar by catering only to flighty teens is going to cost them dearly in the end. They've already destroyed too many other games. Please, don't let it happen to this one, too.

Yep, I agree.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Since this game was meant to be an online game.It kinda make sense why this game was so broken and shallow.The game was not meant to be offline. Where you can grow your family or town. It obviously was meant for you to only make a few sims,and play online.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    edited May 2019
    I also have no problem with them trying to some weird things, or get newer players in the franchise. I mean the franchise is almost 20 years old.It's good to get new blood,.But it's bad not to care about the current or even the old fanbase.
  • Options
    There’s nothing wrong with trying something new or different, but when those ideals take precedence over actual detailed requests it feels like they are patronizing players who have been overly clear with what they’re asking the studio to make.

I mean if the game can’t do what’s being asked for then by all means I get it, but we often hear that isn’t the issue it’s a creative design choice. I guess we don’t really know what to believe. I think it could be a little of both: poorly designed engine/framework, and bad management decisions. I’d say maybe the new sr Producer will turn the ship around but I think the bad decisions run deeper than one management position.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    There's a new survey out. It references the communication aspect so I would recommend doing it as it gives a space for you to put your own experiences and comments.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959875/community-survey-may-2019#latest
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    There's a new survey out. It references the communication aspect so I would recommend doing it as it gives a space for you to put your own experiences and comments.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959875/community-survey-may-2019#latest

Yes, they'll make sure to file the survey in the complaints, comments and suggestions receptacle outside:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F4%2F3613%2F3637455898_87166849be_z.jpg&f=1

raw
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Evil_One wrote: »

Yes, they'll make sure to file the survey in the complaints, comments and suggestions receptacle outside:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F4%2F3613%2F3637455898_87166849be_z.jpg&f=1

You might have more impact if you actually filled it in. Tell them what you think anyway. It might make you feel better. :) I did and I didn't care if they read it or not.
  • Options

You might have more impact if you actually filled it in. Tell them what you think anyway. It might make you feel better. :) I did and I didn't care if they read it or not.

This exact survey has been sent around several times now if they were looking for any serious feedback they would have started by changing it just a little bit, which they haven’t.

Not caring if they even read the responses makes doing the survey pointless. The entire point of these is so that your response is recorded and looked at. This survey is just one of their motions, to make it look like they’re actively listening which clearly they aren’t.
  • Options
    Anyone who has taken these surveys over and over like I have, will eventually realise it's about the Maxis Monthly.

It always ends up there, how to improve the Maxis Monthly.

I just looked at the one @Simburian posted, same as last time, how to improve MM.

I'm sorry developers but I don't care what your favorite pack is, you should be concerned which ones are your customers' fav. packs and why.

I'm not interested in what they ate for lunch on the MM. Or what the developers think about pet clothes or dog houses. They should be asking us what do we think about dog houses. I don't care how to improve MM, I care about the game, and not the delivery.

I'm not interested in if they think a talking toilet is funny to them, I want them to find out what is funny to me. And that ain't it.

That's roughly what I told them.
  • Options
    Anyone who has taken these surveys over and over like I have, will eventually realise it's about the Maxis Monthly.

I just looked at the one @Simburian posted, same as last time, how to improve MM.

I'm sorry developers but I don't care what your favorite pack is, you should be concerned which ones are your customers' fav. packs and why.

I'm not interested in what they ate for lunch on the MM. Or what the developers think about pet clothes or dog houses. They should be asking us what do we think about dog houses. I don't care how to improve MM, I care about the game, and not the delivery.

I'm not interested in if they think a talking toilet is funny to them, I want them to find out what is funny to me. And that ain't it.

And you can do that again, and again, and again, ad infinitum, but you'll never see anything you commented on change... It's just the same survey, over and over.

It's just one of those (Make people think we're listening) ideas that EA does.
    raw
  • Options

And you can do that again, and again, and again, ad infinitum, but you'll never see anything you commented on change... It's just the same survey, over and over.

It's just one of those (Make people think we're listening) ideas that EA does.

So neither of you did it then. I'm out.
  • Options
    I've done EA surveys before... It does nothing.
    raw
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Isn't that the same survey we just had what a month or two ago? And I gave them a piece of my mind just like I've done in the past. I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again and nothing changing. You start to wonder if they actually read them. Or maybe they're trying to see what the people who got the free base game have to say? Who knows all I know is if it's the same thing what's the point in doing it again. My answers haven't changed 🤷😂
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top