Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Modders do some incredible work, and they kept 3 going for me for a long time, but they shouldn't have to do Maxis' job for them. When I fork over hundreds of pounds for their products I at least expect them to be functional.

Yeah, I totally agree with you! The modders should start charging EA for the work they've done. But as long there are modders who love the games enough to work on them and make them better for free, the devs and publishers (who fund the devs) aren't going to do the job of fixing them like they're suppose to.

I really hope that TS5 is amazing and well made with as few bugs as possible. I'd be willing to pay full price instead of waiting for it to go on sale. But if it isn't, then I WOULD wait for it to go on sale. Any money left over that I would have paid if the game was good, is going to the modders.

I haven't donated any money to the TS3 modders, but I think I'm going to start doing so. They really added a lot of good stuff to make me love TS3 even more!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Your title reminded me of LGRs video "2 years of meh!" and in a couple of months its 5 years old.

I haven't been here for a long time. I've been busy playing other games and I'm not the least interested in TS4, which I by the way think should have been a spin off. I don't own TS4, it's not my cup of tea. The game is just too immature and stupid for my taste, I'm thinking of the farthing, the high five or fist bump before woohoo (which they somehow manage to do despite lying far away each on the separate side of a double bed :o ). Babies are objects and teenagers looks like adults. Every sim look alike. Ugh, their smiles, "shivers" like ventriloquist dolls. No manly males. Every sim seem to be over the top expressive, eagerly gesticulating. No diversity, no cool, stiff, stoic or shy sims. And most important lack of gameplay.

The game is not finished after 5 years and who knows it might never be. But if I liked sims 4 I probably wouldn't want them to stop either, but I don't think I would buy until I saw some really hard effort. It's not like we "haters" have a TS5 to play with right now, so let them try to finish the game. I mean they worked on TS3 while we where playing TS2. Wouldn't they do the same thing now? I would love to have a TS5 if it was a mix of TS2 and TS3 with open world or at least totally open neighborhood with interesting and diversed sims. That was what I was hoping for before we knew much about TS4. And then the release, what a chock!

Remember EAs marketing campaign for TS4?
    The Sims 4: You Rule Official Trailer (mars 2016) You Create. You Control. You Rule.
    (Undertext) ”Welcome to The Sims 4, where no one can tell you what to do or how to do it. So have fun. Be powerful. Mess with life. Because in the world of The Sims, you rule.”

-You Create - make sims and build houses, and almost 5 years after release you can raise the terrain. Anything else creative you can do? (in the good old days we could even build our own neighborhoods and worlds).
    -You Control - not so much like in the earlier iterations
    -You Rule - ?
    -Where no one can tell you what to do or how to do it - Really? This is by far the most restricted game in the series.
    -Be powerful ?
    -Mess with life - I don't know why I came to think of an picture on this forum soon after release. A sims4 mom happily smiling and feeling frirty while her son is in flames right in front of her... smarter sims?

If only TS3 could have gotten the same well deserved extra time to fix bugs and rewrite TS3 to 64-bit to make it more stable.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I'm hoping TS5 is a combo of TS3 and TS2 as well! I would also like them to make an updated version of the Superstar EP from The Sims 1 for TS5 - that was the very best fame and celebrity EP ever! I loved everything about that EP, especially the mini games for the modeling photo shoot, fashion runway, acting and song recording!

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    While, yes I enjoy playing sims 4. Im starting to realize more and more now, why this game should be wrapped up in no more than 2 years . Maybe , just maybe a new sims title can address a lot of these issues. My main issue is the lack of create a style and the lack of freedom. Sims 4 has a lot less rabbit holes than Sims 3 . I have already discussed my disdain for pretty much the whole town of Sunset Valley other than the park, being a bunch of rabbit hole, pretend buildings.

However, sims 4 is doing worse in other ways. And I am not so pleased about the idea of this game going past 2 more years of development. Its far too limited it seems, to do what I want it to.

I love the art style, but for Sims 5 I would love the chance to finally have a Sims game with modern, contemporary graphics and more realistic gameplay.

I will not stop playing sims 4 , because its a nice game in it's own right. But I think I do want sims 5 sooner rather than later, IF they will make it an advancement over Sims 4 and even Sims 3.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't think I ever shared what I think one of the big issues for a lot of players, including me, iactually is...
    Lets think about it!
    After 5 years, even with all the dlcs and the new anounced expansion, The Sims 3 stays better than 4. Actually even The Sims and The Sims 2 are better. You may believe its unfair to compare and you have reasons to believe all the games are different and etc... but for me and other people this is a franchise with sequels and we are now in the 4th generation. For a long time players (not all can relate actually) its kinda lame and we have some difficults to really adapt to this "new" game system. Apart of another bunch of problems and lacking features lets talk about worlds!
    The world system in 4 makes all the difference! Is to restrictive to creativity. You can say that now we can travel between worlds but honestly we really need that to happen because the things are really specific to certain worlds! Examples? Apartments... Only San Myshuno! Swimming in ocean... Only in the new world! Unlike all the past games, The Sims 4 tells me in a certain way how I should play and that brokes the freedom or our creativity in a certain way. Why can't I have an apartment with a pool in a rooftop by a beach in Brindleton Bay where I go to swim with my families and dogs? Good question isn't it? Its restriction above restriction, pack after pack, on this fake neighborhoods that together create an illusion that are beautiful close to the playable areas and nightmares that look like early 90s 3d games outside that areas. And in the menu they are hide by a fake 2D map. Im not even complaining about being open like in The Sims 3... I have to be really honest... world mechanics in TS4 S**K and its easly the worst ever made in this franchise...!!! It just remind me of how The Sims 1 work but with a fake set surrounding lots.
    I know some of you maybe think really different but can you also see my point? Thinking how far we get from the very first game to the third... and thinking how The Sims 4 seems to ignore both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 improvements in certain features just blows my mind completely!
    This game was created with the intention of the players creating own stories instead of playing one ruled story. Yeah... the game still provides that but after all the big steps that The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 did, The Sims 4 just looks really poor.
    This game have so many restrictions already and they even try to give things like Strangerville wich is completely different from the original idea of this game... The Sims 4 looks so different from the other three at the point that sometimes it doesn't look a Sims game. Its an outsider in the main series... looks like a spin-off with dlcs that they decided to call it 4.
    As I said in the beginning theres also a lot of other features that still missing but I don't even will tell now because I think people are tired of mention that.
    Im talking really serious and I don't want to change people minds. I am sharing my true, what I feel about this game and this franchise as it is in this moment. Its been really hard to me to stay on this boat! I really love this community, I really love this franchise and thats why Im here sharing. I never felt this with past interactions... Last time I get hyped about to running into a store to buy a game was in September 2014 and then what starded to be hope and tolerance for this game, now its completely faded and sometimes I really hate it! I don't even can pretend or fake it about it... I just don't like The Sims 4 at all no matter how good little things like cas or no gender restrictions it offers. Trying to like this game is like forcing me to get along with a person that I can't support. And I gave it so many chances!
    I can't stop thinking... what went wrong? Why did they changed the game so much? Its all about performance? I think not. Sometimes that thing sounds an excuse to whatever they are trying to hide... the true! I can't stop thinking how a team with aparently more than 200 people are responsible for this game and yet still lacks so much. Yes The Sims 3 had problems of performance but I think hings could have been different aproached. This change is radical and now Im repeating myself for saying this game is too far and distant from the other ones! Its like a different soul!
    And in the end, even now Im adult and I care more about money, I think isn't really the problem here... despite I think paying the same amount of dollars for The Sims 4 eps like it was The Sims 3 eps sounds crazy. And that is fair to compare!
    Sorry for posting this long comment but I feel the need to do it. I also know there's people that are tired of criticism but please if you are one of them just ignore me and enjoy your game. I think than more than speaking for myself I can also speak for other people who feels what I feel... As fans we also don't deserve this. Not everything needs to be all positive a good things. People who complain about complains please stop! We have the right! The actual hate just ignore!
    I know this post is probably a mess and Im sorry for that, Im not english native speaker and I needed to share my frustration.
    And then I would like to answer the question "do we really need another 3 or more years?" My answer is obviously NO! At this point I think nothing can change the game in a big way at all. We can have three or more years of content but the omissions and flaws are becoming even more evident!
    I was about to create a new post in this forum but at this point I don't care so I shared it here. In the very end I have so many questions, but no answers!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    It is an empty statement for some to say 'we can travel between worlds'..uh, so, I could do that in TS2 in 2005, after OFB, and somewhat in University. So, fourteen years past 2005, to say we can travel between worlds is no astounding new invention to me. Already done that fourteen years ago. It is important to keep that feature, but hello, TS3 can travel between worlds, too, for anyone saying this about TS4. WA has three different worlds. So, it's not like TS4 stumbled upon a new feature, it's been there since TS2 and my Sims lived among twenty five of my added subhoods.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It is an empty statement for some to say 'we can travel between worlds'..uh, so, I could do that in TS2 in 2005, after OFB, and somewhat in University. So, fourteen years past 2005, to say we can travel between worlds is no astounding new invention to me. Already done that fourteen years ago. It is important to keep that feature, but hello, TS3 can travel between worlds, too, for anyone saying this about TS4. WA has three different worlds. So, it's not like TS4 stumbled upon a new feature, it's been there since TS2 and my Sims lived among twenty five of my added subhoods.

very true
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

It's new in the sense that Sims can travel to all worlds, though. Sims 2 didn't even offer that. It was one of the restrictions that I definitely felt when I played it back then. I love to colonize with generations upon generations of Sims, and I got to a point where University was full, downtown was full, and my main world (an empty one that I chose to style myself - I miss that feature in Sims 4) was so packed tight that there was no space between lots. I had wanted my world to have a nicer, more rural feel but I ran out of space. I really wanted to utilize Strangetown or Pleasantville, but they didn't connect and I needed all of my Sims to stay connected. It's a wonder that my game lasted the number of years that it did, lol.

I understand this feature is not going to be valuable to everyone, but it's definitely valuable to me. And I wholeheartedly believe it should be carried forward to the next Sims series.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

It's new in the sense that Sims can travel to all worlds, though. Sims 2 didn't even offer that. It was one of the restrictions that I definitely felt when I played it back then. I love to colonize with generations upon generations of Sims, and I got to a point where University was full, downtown was full, and my main world (an empty one that I chose to style myself - I miss that feature in Sims 4) was so packed tight that there was no space between lots. I had wanted my world to have a nicer, more rural feel but I ran out of space. I really wanted to utilize Strangetown or Pleasantville, but they didn't connect and I needed all of my Sims to stay connected. It's a wonder that my game lasted the number of years that it did, lol.

I understand this feature is not going to be valuable to everyone, but it's definitely valuable to me. And I wholeheartedly believe it should be carried forward to the next Sims series.

It's not like The Sims 4's system is much better, though. We can travel to multiple worlds, but each world is so tiny. Could you even imagine if they locked us into one world with TS4? We need to be able to create/access large, sprawling worlds with many lots, and the ability to add even more if we want to.

I definitely like cross-world travel, but the way it's set up in The Sims 4 lacks immersion, and even makes the world itself feel small. With a few clicks, my Sim could just poof to another lot, from a swampy town inspired by one in the US to a world inspired by the UK with zero consequences.

I would actually love if we had a large, seamless open world, and if my Sim wanted to leave that world, they had to travel to the nearest airport, bus station, etc. and pay extra for transportation. Pretty much every other life sim game I've played doesn't let you go to point A to point B without some kind of ramification. These kinds of shortcuts are a common theme with TS4 though. Sometimes implementing shortcuts (such as the way groceries are handled in TS3/TS4 compared to TS2) makes the whole game's design feel cheap in a way.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

It's not like The Sims 4's system is much better, though. We can travel to multiple worlds, but each world is so tiny. Could you even imagine if they locked us into one world with TS4? We need to be able to create/access large, sprawling worlds with many lots, and the ability to add even more if we want to.

I definitely like cross-world travel, but the way it's set up in The Sims 4 lacks immersion, and even makes the world itself feel small. With a few clicks, my Sim could just poof to another lot, from a swampy town inspired by one in the US to a world inspired by the UK with zero consequences.

I would actually love if we had a large, seamless open world, and if my Sim wanted to leave that world, they had to travel to the nearest airport, bus station, etc. and pay extra for transportation. Pretty much every other life sim game I've played doesn't let you go to point A to point B without some kind of ramification. These kinds of shortcuts are a common theme with TS4 though. Sometimes implementing shortcuts (such as the way groceries are handled in TS3/TS4 compared to TS2) makes the whole game's design feel cheap in a way.

But Sims 4 never would have locked us into one world, that's part of the point of the design - to able to jump around and utilize all maps as compensation to being locked into one single, large environment. To sacrifice one thing, it opens another. It's actually what I like about it because I can get a change of scenery and being stuck in one place feels stagnant, no matter how open it is. But just to clarify, I'm not against open worlds. I have no specific love for them, or, at least the way they were done in Sims 3, because they just felt so unwieldy and clunky and felt like the maneuvering around wasted a lot of my time. I love open worlds in other games like RPGs, but those play very differently. Maybe a combination of open world on a smaller, more manageable scale with the added ability to change maps at will like in Sims 4, would be more appealing to me. Just as long as rotational play is built into it, I can be flexible.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    While, yes I enjoy playing sims 4. Im starting to realize more and more now, why this game should be wrapped up in no more than 2 years . Maybe , just maybe a new sims title can address a lot of these issues. My main issue is the lack of create a style and the lack of freedom. Sims 4 has a lot less rabbit holes than Sims 3 . I have already discussed my disdain for pretty much the whole town of Sunset Valley other than the park, being a bunch of rabbit hole, pretend buildings.

However, sims 4 is doing worse in other ways. And I am not so pleased about the idea of this game going past 2 more years of development. Its far too limited it seems, to do what I want it to.

I love the art style, but for Sims 5 I would love the chance to finally have a Sims game with modern, contemporary graphics and more realistic gameplay.

I will not stop playing sims 4 , because its a nice game in it's own right. But I think I do want sims 5 sooner rather than later, IF they will make it an advancement over Sims 4 and even Sims 3.
    “Even” :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019

With a mod that’s possible in Sims 3 as well. With a system that uses the WA (2009) set up.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I think TS4 should never even has gone this far. I feel it's a like a mistake that is being dragged out for years, with still attempts to fix it, but it will just never work for me. The concept of the core is just wrong and I feel they are trying to make us like something rather then working towards us.

I don't say I don't enjoy the game, but good or worth even more years? No.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, going to or connecting each neighborhood is nice but it still have it's limitations because you have to tailor your stories around each neighborhood design which is static. If I wanted an story with 16 lots in one neighborhood I can't do it and I now must spread it out over 2 neighborhoods which I do not want to do. In Sims 3 all I had to do was add another which you can't even do in Sims 4. Even if I can't connect worlds together I perfer Sims 3 worlds as they were customizable and they are not in Sims 4 and I want it because my systems can handle large worlds as long as it is not due to developer problems. The thing is do I want lots that are static or lots that can be adjusted? I rather the lots that are not static.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    I started play TS4 in June 2017 and I remember only 3 expansion packs (and none of them were "must have", like weather, pets or university - still waiting...) and lots of stuff packs. They wasted so much time for stuffs, so now is the time to make some expansions. ;) In my opinion the game isn't over yet, for now it's still incomplete.
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Until I get everything I want and made some improvements, yes! Can't do that if they just ended and nobody wants a rushed or unfinished game. It won't look good on them. We don't end a new version every few years. There needs room for new advancements and come up with something first.
  • Options

This also reminds me how "active careers" are "new". The Sims Superstar basically did that in 2003 and even better because we were free to do certain things and we have to do it good to keep going until the top of famous career, unlike the "new" ones we have to do a list of repetitive things. LOL
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2019
    Renato10 wrote: »

This also reminds me how "active careers" are "new". The Sims Superstar basically did that in 2003 and even better because we were free to do certain things and we have to do it good to keep going until the top of famous career, unlike the "new" ones we have to do a list of repetitive things. LOL

A lot of content they say is "all new" in pack descriptions is content from older iterations. For me, 4 has the least originality of the entire series. So many packs that have been done before. 1 was all new of course, 2 added an entirely new look and feel, 3 worked them into all new systems like the open world to make things fresh and 4 is just 2 again, only executed in an extremely poor fashion in comparison to it.

I feel like the only Sims player on Earth who doesn't get excited when 4 has a new pack announced, only for it to be a slight twist on something that already exists. I don't want to buy the same product over and over again for more money and less features each time. It reminds me of the Lisa Lionheart episode of The Simpsons, where people will buy the same exact Malibu Stacey doll just because "it has a new hat".
    df4EAbC.gif
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »

A lot of content they say is "all new" in pack descriptions is content from older iterations. For me, 4 has the least originality of the entire series. So many packs that have been done before. 1 was all new of course, 2 added an entirely new look and feel, 3 worked them into all new systems like the open world to make things fresh and 4 is just 2 again, only executed in an extremely poor fashion in comparison to it.

I feel like the only Sims player on Earth who doesn't get excited when 4 has a new pack announced, only for it to be a slight twist on something that already exists. I don't want to buy the same product over and over again for more money and less features each time. It reminds me of the Lisa Lionheart episode of The Simpsons, where people will buy the same exact Malibu Stacey doll just because "it has a new hat".

No, you are not the only one when I hear about an new pack I think how much of it will have limitations. EA/Maxis trailers even if it does not go into the new pack in depth, it for me tells me it is designed to capture the attention of potential buyers by using eye candy which attracts the looker. An lot of people fell for Sim City 2013 looking at hype trailers they used.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    It reminds me of the Lisa Lionheart episode of The Simpsons, where people will buy the same exact Malibu Stacey doll just because "it has a new hat".
    df4EAbC.gif

This is the best analogy ever!

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I agree so much with simIrrevirre and Renato10. Especially about the sims and the restrictions. To me these are the most robotic, clone type sims so far. Like the whole Sims 4 was a Strangerville case that still hasn't been solved in a way. Everyone's smiling manically, acting just alike with over exaggerated expressions. I can't take any sim seriously, even when they're supposed to be more serious. And the restrictions and sacrifices for the sake of some advancement irritates me and then in some cases what's "new" isn't even new like PrincipleOfEntropy pointed out. While some of the features that are actually new don't have the same oomph because of those restrictions and sacrifices.

I don't mind The Sims starting over but like I've said before there's still so much they could do and just haven't done and that's including the usual packs in high demand like Pets, Seasons, and Uni. They could breathe new life and brand new content into them while adding new content and packs period that we've never seen before but instead their releasing content in even more pieces than before and it's more limited when the direction the series used to be moving towards was closer to limitless. And they're still leaving too many players with problems that aren't of their (the players) own making (mods or their computers), and for some reason some of the same people who complained about this with the last game are acting like it's totally fine for this one simply because it runs on their computer. Again, not all, but some.

Taking my favorite in The Sims series and thinking of it as the current for a moment, I thought about if I would want them to stop or continue some extra years. Content wise, no. Because there was the store I can't think of anything else they could've added beyond a few things. Maybe more farm animals? I'm sure if I thought about it there's probably even more, but even if there wasn't the TS3 Store I don't think I would've wanted it to continue because with technology advancing comes more opportunities for improvement. I think I would've been disappointed but ultimately okay with the choice to move on, especially depending on what they have in mind for the next game. Of course what came next was The Sims 4 and that didn't start so great.

If I though about it from the perspective of bugs and improving or tweaking features and systems, I definitely would've liked to see more time given, but only if that would amount to everything actually being fixed. That was what I wished they'd granted more time for. I really wanted them to fix the problems with Sims 3 before moving on not only because it's the right and reasonable thing to do for all their customers but also because I would've felt more confident that should something happen with The Sims 4 they'd at least be on top of it in the end. We see how that turned out. I read yesterday that the Legacy edition of TS4 is on hold, I guess so they can make more money off players who want IL, but even when the Legacy version happens I would hope they at least fix the game up until that point, including the issues bound to be created with the release of a new pack. My belief, however, is that they wont.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    If I though about it from the perspective of bugs and improving or tweaking features and systems, I definitely would've liked to see more time given, but only if that would amount to everything actually being fixed. That was what I wished they'd granted more time for. I really wanted them to fix the problems with Sims 3 before moving on not only because it's the right and reasonable thing to do for all their customers but also because I would've felt more confident that should something happen with The Sims 4 they'd at least be on top of it in the end. We see how that turned out. I read yesterday that the Legacy edition of TS4 is on hold, I guess so they can make more money off players who want IL, but even when the Legacy version happens I would hope they at least fix the game up until that point, including the issues bound to be created with the release of a new pack. My belief, however, is that they wont.

Maxis have already stated that the Legacy Edition is receiving nothing in the way of bug fixes. They class bug fixes as content updates. At this stage it seems like it will be left in whatever condition it's in when the time comes - just as they did with 3.

I love how you point out sacrifices for the sake of advancement. One argument people made back in the day was that no open world meant far less problems, yet The Sims 4 still has a boatload of problems. I absolutely agree with how you say they release DLC in more and more pieces. The Sims 2 Nightlife came with bowling, restaurants, vampires and cars. In 4, bowling is its own pack, restaurants come in their own pack and vampires come in their own pack, and there's no sign of cars whatsoever. It's like an experiment in how much they can divide up content to get the biggest drip feed going, and thus the most money, with no regard for their players. In the case of vampires people say it's fine because they're more fleshed out, but they've been bugged for months and I still encounter one bug that's been around since day one.

If the majority of the community wasn't so accepting then things would improve. Things like toddlers and pools were added because there was enough uproar. Right now on the Discussions board I believe you can see people discussing Island Living and mermaids (who have no transformation) and the fact that diving is now a rabbit hole, with the majority saying "meh, it's fine". Maxis being lazy is apparently acceptable now, and the fact players say so will mean more laziness in future. These same people are saying the game will be much more epic in scope once it's solely 64bit. Do you know what would have been good in that case? Diving that isn't a rabbit hole.

The Sims 4 was built on a broken foundation and thus everything that followed its launch felt stale to me. What they did by using the earlier Olympus model and not starting from the ground up was awful. That would be like if I wanted to draw a portrait, then I scrap it, crumple it up and throw it in the bin, only to later take it out of the bin, unfold it and finish it. Here's your portrait. Don't like it? Well if you don't want it then I'm not going to draw another one for you in future, you're just ungrateful.

If Maxis took time off of packs and just focused on bug fixing I would sing praises from the rooftops but they won't. They've already got all of our money. People eat up every crumpled portrait they give out.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    Everyone has made some very good points. I agree with 95% of it all. What is fascinating or maybe that's not the right word but astounding to me is when bugs are fixed and mentioned in patch notes> we get on here to get down on our knees and thank the gods. I've done it myself. Oh, thank you, thank you, guru gods for fixing my game I paid you $40 for then couldn't play certain features of a pack for two or three years, but thank you for repairing it.
    What other products would anyone treat that way? What other company that doesn't build games but things we need to use get so much docile, bent over backwards, customer base? I can only think of a few and they produce mind altering products.
    Once my eyes were opened to see even I was doing this, it was time to say no more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, I just read this and learned:

If the majority of the community wasn't so accepting then things would improve. Things like toddlers and pools were added because there was enough uproar. Right now on the Discussions board I believe you can see people discussing Island Living and mermaids (who have no transformation) and the fact that diving is now a rabbit hole,...

??? How can they make diving a rabbit hole career??? I would at least think they can make a diving lot where sims can explore under water even if simmers can't create their own. At least give them that! It's bad enough that there's no resort building and management and no transformation animations for mermaids.
    with the majority saying "meh, it's fine". Maxis being lazy is apparently acceptable now, and the fact players say so will mean more laziness in future. These same people are saying the game will be much more epic in scope once it's solely 64bit. Do you know what would have been good in that case? Diving that isn't a rabbit hole.

I don't know though if the majority is actually okay with the lazy content. Remember that this is the EA forums so of course they can make their product look popular and make it look like most are okay with the lack. (Do you really know the people who post?) But have you seen what's being said out there where they can't control appearances? It's a whole different story. I don't believe anything being said here about the lack of things being okay. Just remember that they gave away the TS4 base game FREE - an act of desperation - something they never had to do with previous iterations.

Honestly, I miss the old leadership of EA. They had a better idea of what a good The Sim iteration should be.

Or some real competition! Please!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I just saw this over in the June Patch Speculation thread and found it interesting.
    The patch is coming with Pride content as we know by now, but someone pointed out that the flag wall decoration included didn't have a variation depicting lesbian colours and Maxis are addressing it immediately.

F5ccYJY.png

They jump at this, but nothing else from years and months ago? They don't address issues that effect actual gameplay?
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top