Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Yes. Means more content and improvements. I rather a complete game that is good in the end. I really tried hard to like Sims 3 but I just can't (it will never be fixed and Sims 2 is no longer supported). Waiting means more expansion and game packs. I know University to be one of them, but they can add new ideas as well. Sometimes risks like Strangerville or something pays off.

We don't need sims 5, 6, etc...unless really outdated. We just need a good game everyone can enjoy as long as possible. If we can't have that, future games would probably be more watered down. We buy these games, we should expect quality. I rather it is slow than rushed anyways as it means fewer bugs and more improvements. Some things were too safe (I get Sims 3 was a problem for many and that they wanted to make the game more playable for most people as possible; but, there needs to be a balance and also make it a little less tame. It should be like an improved version of Sims 2) but other things were great. Some careers and vampires were really fleshed out and that is a huge step in the right direction.

Other games had more packs at this point but rushed it seems. Sims 4 is finally catching up but has been slow compared to pasted games.

Don't want to keep buy new versions all the time as it gets expensive and harder and hard to keep up. I just want an updated/playable Sims 2. Sims 4 should have been that and still can be possible if there are a few more years of patches, packs, etc....maybe not quite like it. They already made big changes in CAS and build mode with terrain tools, etc...so not impossible. They could add story progression or give us a world tool. Can't have these things if they just quit now.

Also, how do you know they are not listening? They know what people want (and everyone wants different things); but doesn't mean it will magically happen overnight either. People wanted toddlers and terrain tools, CAS has changed since launch. There have been many free changes and some big through patches and people wanted some items such as washers and we got them (don't expect everything to be for free, they always had stuff packs and expansions) and we got that. People want magic, we will be getting that soon and probably get University next as well as that is also a big thing.

There is a little thing called patience. We can't get everything we want or not always instantly, but don't mean they aren't listening either.

Everything you said sounds reasonable and makes sense if you like and enjoy 4. Unfortunately for me, I just don't enjoy playing 4. I quit playing 4 about 5 months ago. So I was very patient with 4 for years. The frustration and lack of enjoyment for me got to the point to where I just couldn't bring myself to play 4 anymore.

I happen to be one of those simmers who really enjoy 3. I admit that I tried to go back to playing 3 over a year ago, but my computer wasn't good enough to run the game. It was so laggy for me that it was unplayable. I got a gaming rig in December and tried 3 again. I am now able to play 3 without any lag. For me, it's worth it to spend almost 2,000 dollars on a gaming computer to play the game that I love. I know everybody can't afford an expensive computer, but with today's technology you have to have a pretty good computer to play a pc game that takes advantage of the technology that is available. At the same time, I refuse to spend another dime on 4, because I just don't enjoy the game. I have also come to realize that 4 has been rushed from the very beginning resulting in poor quality and a lack of content. I am certainly not going to support a company that has the policy of rushing things out the door while spending as little as possible in it's development.

For those of you that love 4, I can understand that you want to keep it going. I am actually glad that there are simmers who enjoy 4. For me though, it's just not for me.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @XxAirixX How you feel about Sims 3 isn't an argument because that's obviously subjective. That game has been sealed for over five years now and lots of people are still enjoying it (same goes for Sims 2 and that game's even older). I'm still finding new angles and new things to do, it's quite amazing when you think about it, I never ever wondered 'oh if only they'd still develop for the game' yet. And it doesn't have more packs at this point than Sims 4 does, nor did Sims 1 and 2. And still those games feel full, finished, rich. Sims 4 for some reason still feels lacking and it's not the amount of content.

I have no idea who "we" is, but I'm not one of them. There is a little thing called opinion. This has got nothing to do with patience. Just with smart marketing. Sell them what used to be normal in the past and make it feel as if you're doing them a big favour.

Good for them but that is their THEIR opinion, not mine. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it any less valid. Those games are finished for one thing. I rather have good content. Quality over quantity. A game I can play for years not a game I just collect and never play at all. Not everything needs to be rushed which often leaves room for more mistakes.
    Then please don't say 'we'? Sims 4 has as much content (if not more by now) as the other games, still it feels unfinished. It's actually all quantity and not quality, that's the whole problem. Part of the problem lies in the basegame, which is why for another group of 'we' it's essental they quit this version and start focusing on a next one. And what they add isn't all that impressive either. Vampires are good, but they're also just those shallow sims you play that lack personality and that will never change. Last time I fell for their advertising was when I bought JA. You can't even begin to compare that pack to WA and that's got nothing to do with one being an EP and the other being a GP. It's the whole set up that reveils it's more show than gameplay. Nobody says they need to rush things (we know what rushing does, no Sims 3 fan will defend rushing, that's for sure, wish they'd spread those packs over many more years), this isn't about wanting as much content as soon as possible). But it's all just set dressing to mask an empty basegame.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes. Means more content and improvements. I rather a complete game that is good in the end. I really tried hard to like Sims 3 but I just can't (it will never be fixed and Sims 2 is no longer supported). Waiting means more expansion and game packs. I know University to be one of them, but they can add new ideas as well. Sometimes risks like Strangerville or something pays off.

We don't need sims 5, 6, etc...unless really outdated. We just need a good game everyone can enjoy as long as possible. If we can't have that, future games would probably be more watered down. We buy these games, we should expect quality. I rather it is slow than rushed anyways as it means fewer bugs and more improvements. Some things were too safe (I get Sims 3 was a problem for many and that they wanted to make the game more playable for most people as possible; but, there needs to be a balance and also make it a little less tame. It should be like an improved version of Sims 2) but other things were great. Some careers and vampires were really fleshed out and that is a huge step in the right direction.

Other games had more packs at this point but rushed it seems. Sims 4 is finally catching up but has been slow compared to pasted games.

Don't want to keep buy new versions all the time as it gets expensive and harder and hard to keep up. I just want an updated/playable Sims 2. Sims 4 should have been that and still can be possible if there are a few more years of patches, packs, etc....maybe not quite like it. They already made big changes in CAS and build mode with terrain tools, etc...so not impossible. They could add story progression or give us a world tool. Can't have these things if they just quit now.

Also, how do you know they are not listening? They know what people want (and everyone wants different things); but doesn't mean it will magically happen overnight either. People wanted toddlers and terrain tools, CAS has changed since launch. There have been many free changes and some big through patches and people wanted some items such as washers and we got them (don't expect everything to be for free, they always had stuff packs and expansions) and we got that. People want magic, we will be getting that soon and probably get University next as well as that is also a big thing.

There is a little thing called patience. We can't get everything we want or not always instantly, but don't mean they aren't listening either.

I understand you loved TS2 so do I, but asking players for patience after five years? lol That's a gas. I suggest you go to Sim Supply watch his indepth review of TS4 today compared to release in 2014, and how many, many, many patches players had to wait on just to get the things they finally added from the other games. It's an eye opener, in case we have forgotten how bare bones it's been, (and he loves TS4) to see why some really are out of patience.

I'm sorry, but I don't really care about random simmers reviews as I often rarely agree. I rather have good content than just fast content. I feel people are too into the instant gratification mindset. I stand by what I said, even if you disagree. A lot of simmers what things I don't want, we ard all different and I had to wait for years for Island Living and Magic; but am excited for them.

I understand, I was almost excited for the new EP..but then I remembered all of TS4's other problems and decided no, I won't reinstall and buy more. Maybe the magic pack changes my mind, but then I'm still going to be dealing with the bugs, the lack of personalities as individuals and those blasted emotions that override traits. When in my opinion it should be the other way around. I'm still going to be dealing with buggy Origin and other things. At this point the train has left the station. The problem for Maxis and me is, I'm a pickier customer. What might have made my eyes do pinwheels twenty years ago no longer will pacify me. I'm not sure if that's their fault or mine, but when they slap a number on the title I do expect my eyes to start spinning. :dizzy:

But I read a post from you that you haven't updated the game for a couple of years, so how do you know what it plays like now?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »

I understand you loved TS2 so do I, but asking players for patience after five years? lol That's a gas. I suggest you go to Sim Supply watch his indepth review of TS4 today compared to release in 2014, and how many, many, many patches players had to wait on just to get the things they finally added from the other games. It's an eye opener, in case we have forgotten how bare bones it's been, (and he loves TS4) to see why some really are out of patience.

I'm sorry, but I don't really care about random simmers reviews as I often rarely agree. I rather have good content than just fast content. I feel people are too into the instant gratification mindset. I stand by what I said, even if you disagree. A lot of simmers what things I don't want, we ard all different and I had to wait for years for Island Living and Magic; but am excited for them.

I understand, I was almost excited for the new EP..but then I remembered all of TS4's other problems and decided no, I won't reinstall and buy more. Maybe the magic pack changes my mind, but then I'm still going to be dealing with the bugs, the lack of personalities as individuals and those blasted emotions that override traits. When in my opinion it should be the other way around. I'm still going to be dealing with buggy Origin and other things. At this point the train has left the station. The problem for Maxis and me is, I'm a pickier customer. What might have made my eyes do pinwheels twenty years ago no longer will pacify me. I'm not sure if that's their fault or mine, but when they slap a number on the title I do expect my eyes to start spinning. :dizzy:

But I read a post from you that you haven't updated the game for a couple of years, so how do you know what it plays like now?
    We read the forums. We see the complaints about lack of personalities and all I can think is: so, nothing changed in that respect. And when things do change and are improved (they are) we read so too. Last time I played (October 2018) I had the simulation lag and the total lack of personalities or consequences. I haven't read anywhere that changed in the meantime. The mod that fixes the lag has had an update and the topics about their personalities are still thriving.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

Everything you said sounds reasonable and makes sense if you like and enjoy 4. Unfortunately for me, I just don't enjoy playing 4. I quit playing 4 about 5 months ago. So I was very patient with 4 for years. The frustration and lack of enjoyment for me got to the point to where I just couldn't bring myself to play 4 anymore.

I happen to be one of those simmers who really enjoy 3. I admit that I tried to go back to playing 3 over a year ago, but my computer wasn't good enough to run the game. It was so laggy for me that it was unplayable. I got a gaming rig in December and tried 3 again. I am now able to play 3 without any lag. For me, it's worth it to spend almost 2,000 dollars on a gaming computer to play the game that I love. I know everybody can't afford an expensive computer, but with today's technology you have to have a pretty good computer to play a pc game that takes advantage of the technology that is available. At the same time, I refuse to spend another dime on 4, because I just don't enjoy the game. I have also come to realize that 4 has been rushed from the very beginning resulting in poor quality and a lack of content. I am certainly not going to support a company that has the policy of rushing things out the door while spending as little as possible in it's development.

For those of you that love 4, I can understand that you want to keep it going. I am actually glad that there are simmers who enjoy 4. For me though, it's just not for me.
    Exactly. And if there's one thing Sims 3 would have benefited from, it's time. If only that game had been granted the same amount of time Sims 4 gets. Not to have more content, but to make it less buggy and, actually, rushed.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I watched the video. He is down to earth and the video is correct. You can watch it or not. It generally focuses on the patches and upgrades of the sims over the last five years.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m just so excited we getting mermaids and magic FINALLY, so I’m good if Sims 5 comes by sooner or later or not.

I got my mermaids, and I’m so happy and will keep buying Sims 4 stuff until Sims 5 finally, officially arrives. :blush: 🧜🏼‍♀️ 🧜🏽‍♂️

I will welcome Sims 5 at this point, or later on, etc (if it’s more similar to Sims 2) because I finally got the number one thing I’ve wanted (besides the heartwarming toddlers). I’ll still be buying Sims 4 packs until we get a clear announcement of Sims 5, and then I’ll wait and see how Sims 5 is like before moving onto that one.

Hopefully Sims 5 will be optimizable and have toddlers at launch and such.

Mermaids! YAY!!! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2019
    Means more content and improvements.

I would hope 3 more years means more improvement. I think it'll mosty be more content less improvement unless one views improvement as more content added.

This new pack from what little I've seen and read looks like something I would love even though it feels like they're trying too hard to be cool and modern with some things. I've read a little about what's coming up, mostly about Island Living and my favorite worlds and hoods in The Sims are the tropical ones so this looked very interesting to me, but I feel like ultimately it will fall flatter than it should because of the sims. The game hadn't even been out a year when players steadily started talking about the problems with emotions and personalities yet 4 to 5 years later it's more content, the same sims.

And as for patience, I personally have plenty. I don't think patience is a problem for any of us who've been around a while or those of us who are unsatisfied so much as the silence on things, especially when there are trust issues. But I know I've wished many times that they would've waited and made things better before releasing and that's not just with The Sims 4 either. I wouldn't mind if they decided to hit pause on things and work out all the kinks. I'd encourage it actually. It's better to do something right, preferably the first time, than to rush and put out whatever thinking you can fix it all later. That is, if they even think that. The more content added the harder it is for some things to ever be done and some things they've already said just aren't going to happen. If one Sims game is going to be the one to stick around a long time and please everyone it's not going to be 1-4. Because technology is continuously advancing I somewhat doubt any Sims game will ever last longer than The Sims 4 apparently will.

Genrally speaking now, I honestly don't mind them trying to draw in a newer, younger player base. My problem, besides them writing off seeming everything but older players money, is that the sandbox aspects, the freedom I loved about the series and that connection with my sims isn't as strong in this iteration as it is with 2 and 3. And apparently those sims didn't have emotions. Bouncing between 2 and 3 and playing some of the same sims they feel so much more lively and relatable to me than they do in Sims 4. No imagining necessary, they were who I created them to be even without my direct influence over them. TS4 adds some nice things here and there but overall it still feels like more steps back than forward and I think that has a lot to do with the sims themselves for me.

I looked at The Sim Supply video about the patches and part of his other one where he installed The Sims 4 original release base game and was reminded of how many things are new to the series as a whole and what's just new to just The Sims 4. I still get surprised sometimes when people get excited over something small being added like a white shelf, a black door, or a swing then I remember you can't simply change the color to what you want and some objects weren't there originally.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Exactly. And if there's one thing Sims 3 would have benefited from, it's time. If only that game had been granted the same amount of time Sims 4 gets. Not to have more content, but to make it less buggy and, actually, rushed.

So true as it comes down to how much work an company will put into it's games and not just new packs as tweaking is very important to an game survival. For me EA/Maxis has an terrible track record on bug fixing, tweaking it's games from my point of view.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019

I didn't buy any more packs after Parenthood. If any of the packs after that changed Sims' traits to be more important than emotions ruled by decor let me know. If Sims are 'Fine' rather than happy, happy, happy, happy, sad/dead Sim let me know. If Sims who see their spouses cheat in front of them go over and kick out the spouse and slap the other cheater let me know. Because no, I'm sorry, most human behaviour isn't going to be doused by telling a few jokes after the love of their life just betrayed them right in front of their eyes. Trust me I read every patch note they have written and some I had has never been mentioned, and a few that were mentioned at all I read over and over those bugs are still there, making it impossible for people to play the 'whole' pack they bought because part or parts of it remain buggy.

This isn't bias toward TS4 I also stopped buying TS2, TS3 packs when I would read about a new pack and then read the bug lists. That was the first place I headed to see, what are the bugs and how much would those bugs affect me, and they would so I skip packs that I know contain some bugs that stop people from actually enjoying a pack they would like to play. I won't throw good money after bad. I'm a strange bird, I'm done with buy now, fix later. And I'm probably done with developers having to put down an older game to make this one look better or try to justify why it has just as many problems. And I'm probably done with listening to excuses of small budgets, hurting devs feelings and so on. It's a business and taking advantage of the 'core' fans thinking their money will always come at some point sooner or later, is all I needed to see of what Maxis thinks of their customers. Taking advantage of their love of The Sims, for sure. In a word Maxis is disrepectful to those who made them rich.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I didn't buy any more packs after Parenthood. If any of the packs after that changed Sims' traits to be more important than emotions ruled by decor let me know. If Sims are 'Fine' rather than happy, happy, happy, happy, sad/dead Sim let me know. If Sims who see their spouses cheat in front of them go over and kick out the spouse and slap the other cheater let me know. Because no, I'm sorry, most human behaviour isn't going to be doused by telling a few jokes after the love of their life just betrayed them right in front of their eyes. Trust me I read every patch note they have written and some I had has never been mentioned, and a few that were mentioned at all I read over and over those bugs are still there, making it impossible for people to play the 'whole' pack they bought because part or parts of it remain buggy.

This isn't bias toward TS4 I also stopped buying TS2, TS3 packs when I would read about a new pack and then read the bug lists. That was the first place I headed to see, what are the bugs and how much would those bugs affect me, and they would so I skip packs that I know contain some bugs that stop people from actually enjoying a pack they would like to play. I won't throw good money after bad. I'm a strange bird, I'm done with buy now, fix later. And I'm probably done with developers having to put down an older game to make this one look better or try to justify why it has just as many problems. And I'm probably done with listening to excuses of small budgets, hurting devs feelings and so on. It's a business and taking advantage of the 'core' fans thinking their money will always come at some point sooner or later, is all I needed to see of what Maxis thinks of their customers. Taking advantage of their love of The Sims, for sure. In a word Maxis is disrepectful to those who made them rich.

@Cinebar I can quite see why you have given up on buying more, reading your post. I won't be buying Sims 5 as I've reached the end with buying new iterations. I'm too old for the games now and will leave them for younger Simmers to enjoy. I will finish buying the Sims 4 packs though as I am enjoying the game for what it is and can afford the new ones as they come out. The new EP and GP look good to me.

I'm in a "I've started so I'll finish" mode. I don't see as many bugs as most Simmers do probably as I prefer building and filling the houses up with families. I'm sure, if given the funds Maxis would have liked to have done all you want but EA is the one that holds the purse strings unfortunately.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Well, hate to break it to those people - most people aren't going to buy a game just on those two things alone.

Sorry if this comes out looking odd, I am not good at doing the quote thing on this forum. Anyway, the above is true of most old sim players, players who started off with any of the games from Sims 1 through Sims 3, however I am not so sure about the generation they are aiming this game at. The fact that they aimed to make this game an online social type game in the beginning shows they are not connected with what their original fan base wants, but at the same time, even with all the backlash that has happened, the game itself is still selling enough for them to continue for another what, 3 years or so? So while the backlash from us the original fans shows them we are not pleased, they are seeing that there is still a market for this game the way they are producing it now. It worries me for TS5 to be honest. I like the Sims 4, I really do. It is not my favorite of the series by any means, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing it, however, there have been too many things not done correctly to make up for the things (Toddlers, Vampires, ect) that they did do really well. If they continue in the trend of trying to make it an online social/mobile type of game, I won't be here for Sims 5.
    [/quote]

Im a little, no , a lot tired of this "original" fans stuff. Im original enough. I started playing Sims when I was 10. Im 29 now. So I think thats original enough to say that I like Sims 4 more than sims 3.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    edited June 2019

@Cinebar I can quite see why you have given up on buying more, reading your post. I won't be buying Sims 5 as I've reached the end with buying new iterations. I'm too old for the games now and will leave them for younger Simmers to enjoy. I will finish buying the Sims 4 packs though as I am enjoying the game for what it is and can afford the new ones as they come out. The new EP and GP look good to me.

I'm in a "I've started so I'll finish" mode. I don't see as many bugs as most Simmers do probably as I prefer building and filling the houses up with families. I'm sure, if given the funds Maxis would have liked to have done all you want but EA is the one that holds the purse strings unfortunately.

Thanks, but you know something, we really don't know how large a budget is do we? What someone can do on thousands of dollars really depends on their creative director, their work ethic, if they understand the Simmer, their General Manager, and their lead producers. I have no doubt those down in the trenches can animate, simulate and or code just about anything anyone would requests, but it's those over them inside of Maxis that make the choices so that 'budget' really is in their hands and if they manage it well or mismanage it. And if what they want in a game is more important than what their cutomers wanted. I mean after all some of them have said that now they have the big EPs out of the way (those things Simmers expect like Seasons and Pets) they want to do what they want to do. Well, good luck with it, I suppose since the core fans will still throw money at all of it, and over look bugs, bad design and less content as long as it has a Sim name on it. Those comments aren't mine but the basis of the previous CM's comments of how we will buy everything anyway, and it seems most will. And if there are problems or lack of content then no one is to blame but the core fans who bought everything anyway just as she said. That was a hard pill to swallow but also a wake up call, because if it be true then shame on us.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member

^
    This

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Considering bugs of packs I own that I have been waiting on how many years now to fix? the following link proves the detective career is still broken no matter who says it's not. This has been going on for four years? Though it was patched once it never cleared up and proof of why no I can't buy more until they fix the things I did like. Think about this, people paid $40 and here it is four years later and this bug remains so the player can't play that hands on career and so how much money should Maxis refund? They aren't going to refund anything, Buy Now, Fix Later, no, fix now, and I (might)will buy later.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960326/please-fix-dine-out-please-make-get-to-work-function-properly#latest

And people want to speak to me about patience.

ETA: And as you read the thread look at all the excuses made by others to 'overlook' the DO bugs and GTW bugs....or questioning the player and basically blaming and questioning them for their restuarant design, no, this is on Maxis and no more excuses.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Considering bugs of packs I own that I have been waiting on how many years now to fix? the following link proves the detective career is still broken no matter who says it's not. This has been going on for four years? Though it was patched once it never cleared up and proof of why no I can't buy more until they fix the things I did like. Think about this, people paid $40 and here it is four years later and this bug remains so the player can't play that hands on career and so how much money should Maxis refund? They aren't going to refund anything, Buy Now, Fix Later, no, fix now, and I (might)will buy later.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960326/please-fix-dine-out-please-make-get-to-work-function-properly#latest

ETA: And as you read the thread look at all the excuses made by others to 'overlook' the DO bugs and GTW bugs....or questioning the player and basically blaming and questioning them for their restaurant design, no, this is on Maxis and no more excuses.

It's interesting to me that you mentioned the GTW pack. GTW was my favorite job to have my sims do. Then the bug popped up which caused the clues to not fit the description of the suspect. It took them months to "fix" that bug. As of 6 months ago, even after they "fixed" it, I still had a problem with the Chief becoming the suspect. It always started to happen after my sim achieved the rank of Chief. Suddenly new Chiefs would start showing up at work until one of them eventually became the suspect. Their "solution"? A complicated, 10 step work around instead of fixing it to work as originally intended. They never did correctly fix the problem. :s
  • Options

ETA: And as you read the thread look at all the excuses made by others to 'overlook' the DO bugs and GTW bugs....or questioning the player and basically blaming and questioning them for their restaurant design, no, this is on Maxis and no more excuses.

It's interesting to me that you mentioned the GTW pack. GTW was my favorite job to have my sims do. Then the bug popped up which caused the clues to not fit the description of the suspect. It took them months to "fix" that bug. As of 6 months ago, even after they "fixed" it, I still had a problem with the Chief becoming the suspect. It always started to happen after my sim achieved the rank of Chief. Suddenly new Chiefs would start showing up at work until one of them eventually became the suspect. Their "solution"? A complicated, 10 step work around instead of fixing it to work as originally intended. They never did correctly fix the problem. :s

I feel your pain. lol Last time I played the detective career I couldn't find any suspects. They didn't show up or perhaps it was the wrong clothes or hair or whatever. It has something to do with the outfits they allowed townies to wear in CL and some other crazy patch that made Sims wear different outfits not assigned to them and so on. That was right after Parenthood, I started a new detective in that career, I didn't even get to the finish line, and become head of the dept. It was one of the many, many reasons to cause me to rage quit.
  • Options
    EustaceCSEustaceCS Posts: 3 New Member
    > @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 said:
    > ...
    > I got my mermaids, and I’m so happy and will keep buying Sims 4 stuff until Sims 5 finally, officially arrives. :blush: 🧜🏼‍♀️ 🧜🏽‍♂️
    > ...
    > Mermaids! YAY!!! :smiley:

Sorry to disappoint you, mate, but...

Some time ago, I got my vampires.
    Vampires! YAY!!! :smiley:
    Everything was okay until Get Famous release, as a part of which each and every aspect of Vampire pack became so dilapidated so vampire-folk became either outright unplayable or rather unsatisfyable to play. Depends on how patient you are. Because each of numerous Vampire related bugs have 100% reproducibility and will be encountered by any vampire character sooner or later. With quite regretful consequences.

Six 🐸🐸🐸🐸 months passed.

Vampire pack? Still broken.

Sorry to disappoint you, mate, but it's extremely likely that your mermaids will end up in same garbage dump with my vampires upon next major release. For same amount of time, with same uncertainity about if these would be ever actually fixed.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    @EustaceCS is 100% spot on with that comment.

It's been years since certain bugs were introduced, many of which have already been mentioned here previously. This fourth iteration of the series is rapidly hurtling towards the same status the third ended up in. The Maxis I grew up with has been gone for a long time now.

Literally earlier today I was discussing ongoing bugs in the Vampires pack with another user elsewhere on the forums. I've encountered said bugs whilst playing the game today. There's no excuse for it, not after all this time. People call for more and more content but it will only bring more and more problems at this rate.

Reading that the legacy edition of 4 will not recieve bug fixes means it will literally be Sims 3's endgame all over again for some players. Can't help but feel it's a vision of the future for the rest of us too.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019

It's been years since certain bugs were introduced, many of which have already been mentioned here previously. This fourth iteration of the series is rapidly hurtling towards the same status the third ended up in. The Maxis I grew up with has been gone for a long time now.

Literally earlier today I was discussing ongoing bugs in the Vampires pack with another user elsewhere on the forums. I've encountered said bugs whilst playing the game today. There's no excuse for it, not after all this time. People call for more and more content but it will only bring more and more problems at this rate.

Reading that the legacy edition of 4 will not recieve bug fixes means it will literally be Sims 3's endgame all over again for some players. Can't help but feel it's a vision of the future for the rest of us too.

Exactly, EA/Maxis has an terrible record in fixing bugs and some people think they are treating bugs differently in Sims 4 and actually it is the same ole same ole. Sure EA/Maxis can keep on dishing out those packs but what about the bugs that are accumulating as there are/will be so many packs intertwined with each other that it will take that much longer to fix them and then when you feel they fixed it another one pops up and so much for running Sims 4 smoothly for everybody experiences different bugs or problems at different times or an certain routine.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Exactly, EA/Maxis has an terrible record in fixing bugs and some people think they are treating bugs differently in Sims and actually it is the same ole same ole. Sure EA?Maxis can keep on dishing out those packs but what about the bugs that are accumulating as there are/will be so many packs intertwined with each other that it will take that much longer to fix them and then when you feel they fixed it another one pops up and so much for running Sims 4 smoothly for everybody experiences different bugs or problems at different times or an certain routine.

They kind of overhyped the latest bug fix patch and literally only handful of bugs(not gamebreaking one) was fixed and majority of them can only be really fixed by starting new game
    Post edited by izecson on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    What really winds me up is when people tell me to be patient in regards to bug fixes. As I said earlier, some of these issues have been around for years, like with GTW and Vampires.

I was patient with The Sims 3 and that was left with countless issues by the end of its run that were never addressed. Being patient doesn't seem to achieve anything whatsoever - Maxis taught me that themselves.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    What really winds me up is when people tell me to be patient in regards to bug fixes. As I said earlier, some of these issues have been around for years, like with GTW and Vampires.

I was patient with The Sims 3 and that was left with countless issues by the end of its run that were never addressed. Being patient doesn't seem to achieve anything whatsoever - Maxis taught me that themselves.

What's probably going to happen is that the devs aren't going to fix most of the bugs. They're hoping the modders will do their job.

I love TS3. The bugs it has were never bad enough that I would give up on the game. They're all well-documented and by now either has fixes or work arounds.

When TS4 finishes its run, if TS4 simmers love it enough, they'll find fixes or work-arounds for it as well. At least, I hope that's the case.

• Options

What's probably going to happen is that the devs aren't going to fix most of the bugs. They're hoping the modders will do their job.

I love TS3. The bugs it has were never bad enough that I would give up on the game. They're all well-documented and by now either has fixes or work arounds.

When TS4 finishes its run, if TS4 simmers love it enough, they'll find fixes or work-arounds for it as well. At least, I hope that's the case.

Modders do some incredible work, and they kept 3 going for me for a long time, but they shouldn't have to do Maxis' job for them. When I fork over hundreds of pounds for their products I at least expect them to be functional.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member

Your title reminded me of LGRs video "2 years of meh!" and in a couple of months its 5 years old.

I haven't been here for a long time. I've been busy playing other games and I'm not the least interested in TS4, which I by the way think should have been a spin off. I don't own TS4, it's not my cup of tea. The game is just too immature and stupid for my taste, I'm thinking of the farthing, the high five or fist bump before woohoo (which they somehow manage to do despite lying far away each on the separate side of a double bed :o ). Babies are objects and teenagers looks like adults. Every sim look alike. Ugh, their smiles, "shivers" like ventriloquist dolls. No manly males. Every sim seem to be over the top expressive, eagerly gesticulating. No diversity, no cool, stiff, stoic or shy sims. And most important lack of gameplay.

The game is not finished after 5 years and who knows it might never be. But if I liked sims 4 I probably wouldn't want them to stop either, but I don't think I would buy until I saw some really hard effort. It's not like we "haters" have a TS5 to play with right now, so let them try to finish the game. I mean they worked on TS3 while we where playing TS2. Wouldn't they do the same thing now? I would love to have a TS5 if it was a mix of TS2 and TS3 with open world or at least totally open neighborhood with interesting and diversed sims. That was what I was hoping for before we knew much about TS4. And then the release, what a chock!

Remember EAs marketing campaign for TS4?
    The Sims 4: You Rule Official Trailer (mars 2016) You Create. You Control. You Rule.
    (Undertext) ”Welcome to The Sims 4, where no one can tell you what to do or how to do it. So have fun. Be powerful. Mess with life. Because in the world of The Sims, you rule.”

-You Create - make sims and build houses, and almost 5 years after release you can raise the terrain. Anything else creative you can do? (in the good old days we could even build our own neighborhoods and worlds).
    -You Control - not so much like in the earlier iterations
    -You Rule - ?
    -Where no one can tell you what to do or how to do it - Really? This is by far the most restricted game in the series.
    -Be powerful ?
    -Mess with life - I don't know why I came to think of an picture on this forum soon after release. A sims4 mom happily smiling and feeling frirty while her son is in flames right in front of her... smarter sims?

If only TS3 could have gotten the same well deserved extra time to fix bugs and rewrite TS3 to 64-bit to make it more stable.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top