Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly Simmers here, having a chat, won't you join us?

Comments

• Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    My game is really coming along well. Things are starting to pick becoming interesting. My sim bought both a time machine and a claw machine for fun ways to spend time. She also adopted another dalmation from the shelter. A female that I named Jevah. So I guess that my dogs could end up having puppies which is something that I have not happen yet in game. So much fun!
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'd been having issues lately with my sims being unable to meet coworkers. I regenerated my whole folder and started a new save. Turns out, the Idle-Killer mod was making it so my sims' coworkers couldn't leave for work.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Update on our furry little munchkins: This is Galway (formerly known as Loki Jr.) and his Daddy, Loki.
    Loki%2526Galwayb%2526w.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SylvereSylvere Posts: 32 Member
    Hello, everyone. I've been playing TS3 for several years, but I'm new to the forums. I didn't see an introduction thread but maybe I missed it? At any rate, I decided I would like to be more involved in the community so I hope this thread is an appropriate spot to say hi. If not, please accept my apologies.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @sylvere Welcome. There are a lot of active threads in the Sims3 section. Probably the most active is the 'what happened in your sims 3 game today.' thread. We share our stories, read and comment on others stories and will share life's ups and downs when we need to vent. Check it out and if you want to participate you are welcome. I gave your post an awesome to help boost your numbers and get you to member faster.
  • Options
    NyanakochanNyanakochan Posts: 52 Member
    @sylvere Glad to see I'm not the only one joining late. Pretty much the same situation here. There is an introduction thread called "Hello! Come and introduce yourself!" that seems pretty active, so there's that.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Welcome to the forums @Sylvere and @Nyanakochan :) The thread that bekkasan mentioned is a great place if you want to talk about your game. It's the busiest thread in the TS3 section and there are lots of friendly, welcoming, people there :)
  • Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm glad I'm not the only n00b on the forum. I'm extra introverted (I have the Loner and Socially Awkward traits IRL, LOL) so that means a lot. uwu
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Welcome @Sylvere and @Nyanakochan to the Sims 3 forum. Would love to hear/see how your games are going.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm one happy simmer! I've been trying for years to get the '1000 Recs' badge and it finally happened yesterday! True, I asked people to rec my stuff, but before it happened, I was only 25 away from 1000, so that's not a big deal, right?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Nyanakochan, @Sylvere. Welcome to the TS3 group. :) I've only played from January 2017 till now. In fact January of 2017 was the first time I've ever touched a Sims game. Joined March 2017 when I stumbled across the EA Sims forums...and well...I can't shut my mouth...hence the post count... :mrgreen: Gave you both awesomes to start you on your way to being able to post pics. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Thanks, @Nikkei_Simmer! I appreciate that. I just started toying around with the poseplayer mod so I'm going picture crazy. But I can't post any yet. :'( Ah well, I'll get there. Eventually.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just headed to the doctor yesterday to get a checkup - wife went along with me. Doc put me on doxycycline to get the last of the crud that's in there out. And oh man...did that stuff ever do a number on my stomach. First dose...absolute nausea. The "friendly" pharmacist (at my wife's work) told me to "not take it with food". Yeah remind me to thank him for that. :(

I find this... later... https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/doxy-nausea
    Doxycycline and Nausea

Some patients developed considerable nausea with doxycycline. Some will even vomit. This can be a short term issue for some users which improves over time. For others it is something that continues and may even require the patient to stop the medication. Anyone with nausea from doxycycline should speak to their prescriber for advice on how to reduce the nausea.

Tips to reduce nausea

1. Take doxycycline with food. Unlike tetracycline, doxycycline still gets absorbed quite well into the blood stream if the patient takes it with food. The food intake really helps to reduce nausea and this should be encouraged.

Yippee...yeehah...wheeeeee... /sarcasm/

Reason why she (my doctor) gave me the fourth antibiotic is so that everything is clear when she gives me the pneumonia and flu shots. I can't still be sick before taking the shot.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    BerryCharmingBerryCharming Posts: 38 Member
    I a sims Carie she lives alone, she went to university just aged up to an adult, she wants to be a big famous star so of course she has been working crazy hours singing any gig she can get. Just got to level 6 singing career. just made our first 1k simpoleons from a gig.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    @Sylvere , @Nyanakochan and @BerryCharming Hello! So nice to meet you! :smiley:

@Sylvere Ohh, poses! It's so fun! And when one starts to make one's own poses it's like adding a ton of new EP's to the game. The possibilities!

@Nikkei_Simmer You started playing in 2017, but it seems like you have been here, like, forever! :open_mouth::blush: Sorry to hear about the antibiotics. Too bad that you can't transfer the reaction you had to a sim you don't like in your game. :neutral: I hope you feel better now.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Cororon wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer You started playing in 2017, but it seems like you have been here, like, forever! :open_mouth::blush: Sorry to hear about the antibiotics. Too bad that you can't transfer the reaction you had to a sim you don't like in your game. :neutral: I hope you feel better now.

@Cororon, it's probably because I racked up over 4600 posts in almost 1 yr and 7 months. :mrgreen: I talk alot. :D

The medications are supposed to help get rid of the infection in my throat, hopefully it's gone. It's just the hoarseness and the feeling of still having something in there...that is annoying the living daylights out of me.
    The reactions are much more mild after I started taking the doxycycline with food.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    It's always nice to meet new sims 3 simmers especially that this game is slowly abandonned by the community.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Found out the results from my x-rays of my back and spine from a fall I took down a set of stairs in 2006 - degenerative arthritis in the shoulder/neck area and lumbar (lower back) area. Not good. Been feeling radiating pain from neck through the base of my back. Not gonna take NSAIDS, just gonna grit my teeth and bear it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    This is Tabby:

27938144888_90d4098788_b.jpg

She is 20 years old, and she is still going, despite some kidney problems.

I am sad to say my sweet Tabby girl passed away last night at 21 years old. Thank you for all the fun memories and happy times you shared with us, princess.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @KevinL5275 I'm so sorry! I know you will miss her. What a lovely long life she had with you and your family. :::hugs:::
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @KevinL5275 I'm very sorry for your loss. Although it will hurt for some time, you are lucky to have 21 years of wonderful memories to draw on.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Sybil's still limping, but she's moving a lot more. She's a lot happier, as is Letty. We put Tosca in a separate pen to prevent her from attacking Sybil and Letty.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @KevinL5275 Sorry to hear your beloved friend has passed. I know how you feel, I lost my dog last year, it is like a child is gone. I now adopted a wonderful cat. She is so lovable and wants to be petted all day. Her former owner died and they were in the house for 5 days before anyone found them. She needed so much love. and having lost my beloved dog, we needed each other. Funny we bonded right a way, I have had many cats but this one is different. She is not so independent, loves to have me rub her belly. likes to cuddle. Sorry for your loss. My prayers go with you.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @KevinL5275 I'm so sorry to hear about Tabby. :( I lost my boy, Dante, last month so the feeling that accompany the loss of a dear pet are very fresh in my mind. Just remember that you gave Tabby a great 21 years! :smiley:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @KevinL5275 -I know how awful it is to lose a friend like that after losing Pig to heart failure years ago.He'd had heart trouble for most of his life and it only became obvious later in his life when he started to get progressively weaker.I still miss hime though I know he's better off not suffering like he was near the end.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top