Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly Simmers here, having a chat, won't you join us?

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @imdragonit Oh sure just leave me hanging,I see what you did gave me a first name and ran. :# She needs a last name and Mina Mina sounds funny.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @CravenLestat why Mina Amore' cause of the Lothario who created her :p
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @CravenLestat How about Cemile - it means beautiful in Turkish :)
    The butterfly leggings were lovely :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi that's a really pretty name, I really like it :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,433 Member
    tumblr_p7s0w33afR1wm576ho1_1280.jpg

~sigh~... Photography basically reduced to taking pics of my cats. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer you say that like it’s a bad thing! Gorgeous shot :>

Ahem! Back to Simming: I really could do with some. Gotta finish work first…
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer Are you sure you didn't take a picture of my cat by accident?
    7OTkjpG.jpg
    And for anyone who's wondering, this is totally on topic. It's the look I get whenever he sees me open my laptop. The little guy knows I love him, but I'm not exactly attentive when I'm in the middle of a simming session.

Of course, as a less-than-stellar photographer myself, I know that action shots are the hardest to get right.
    QQo7BAG.jpg
    Yeah. We're going with "action." Some days, this is the closest we get.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @TinySpaceFox, I know...it's still fun, but man do I ever miss...this:

06-16-2013_GTP_GBH_inflight_wm.jpg
    Back when I still had my 600/4. (this was holding it HAND-HELD...)

nikon_af_s_600_f_4_d_II.jpg

07-23-2013_GTP_ospreyscanningwater_filtered2_wm.jpg
    Maybe if I win the lottery, I can own another one - provided my back and wrist will hold out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member
    I love the cats :)

I recently got back into the Sims 3, and I've been having fun creating nerdy Sims. Although, I didn't know it'd be difficult to find Star Wars and Marvel stuff, I mean I found plenty by Googling but I'm kind of surprised I don't see more.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer I for one think that there’s beauty in all photography :> it makes you look at things in ways you never would’ve thought of, and it also encourages you to look closely and appreciate little everyday moments that we take for granted… like the sheer beauty and dynamism of nature’s very own flying machines. I mean, how cool is that? And I’m sure you’ll find a way to continue :)

@puzzlezaddict Your kitty is gorgeous! I love his coat colour :> I see he’s a master of that expectant “give-me-attention” look :tongue:

@sparkietothemax hello there :> Hope you’ve been enjoying the game so far! I agree that the Simming world definitely needs more nerdy Sims.
    8CszF8O.jpg
    SyvwtaH.jpg
    Just doing my bit :tongue:
  • Options
    @TinySpaceFox I always enjoy seeing your adorable nerdy sims. As someone who's always had a soft spot for nerds (of any kind), I really appreciate how you capture their sensibility without leaning too heavily into the usual stereotypes. It's too bad TS3 doesn't have a wider variety of nerd-adjacent traits to go with them, but I suppose that's where our own imaginations can step in and fill in the gaps.

And yes, my cat has high expectations for the lifestyle he believes he's owed. He's a sweet boy (most of the time), but everything is completely on his terms. Of course, if I couldn't handle that I would have brought home a dog instead.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    One of the filter plugins that I use is Nik Collection, which is a comprehensive filter/editing software package that's now owned by DXO who plan to carry on the legacy after Google bought out Nik.

Analog Efex Pro
    Color Efex Pro
    Silver Efex Pro
    Viveza
    HDR Efex Pro
    Sharpener Pro
    Dfine

Now I can play with that with my Sims screencaptures, Yay... Amateur Hobbyist and Pro Photographers swear by the Nik Software packages.

To give you an idea, I used Nik Silver Efex Pro for this shot of my cat Mina in 2016 (she was a kitten then)

tumblr_p7v38jHm5x1wm576ho1_540.jpg

Gonna see how well it works with Sims 3 screenies. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Fiddling around with Nik again after such a long break (just downloaded it onto the laptop and am playing with it for a while to get used to it again).

Champs_Les_Sims_postcard.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Film Noir filter on a sims 3 screenshot

:love:

K0MlxGK.png

I need to make a retro sim in a fur lined coat now or a flapper girl

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Flapper Girl! did I mention my vote is for a flapper girl :p
  • Options
    SomeBratInAMaskSomeBratInAMask Posts: 50 Member
    Ahh, I love all these cat pictures! <3 <3 <3

My own kitty just jumped onto my bed...

Oh, and @TinySpaceFox your sims are lovely!
  • Options
    Hi @SomeBratInAMask , welcome. Do you still play TS3 these days? I saw your other post. If your computer's still refusing to cooperate, there are ways to address whatever issues it has, and some very knowledgeable people over in the help center who can walk you through the process.

If you are still playing, you can get EPs and SPs cheap on Steam during the summer and winter sales. You'd have to buy the base game as well, but it's still a great deal. I bought a "starter pack" of the base game, Generations, Pets, and Seasons for $7.50, and other packs for $5 each. Steam gives you a product code that you can register with EA and which allows you to download the pack through Origin, so you wouldn't need to buy anything else you already own.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

This is Tabby:

27938144888_90d4098788_b.jpg

She is 20 years old, and she is still going, despite some kidney problems.

And this is Monkey:

41089784454_6decc04a02_b.jpg

He's 10 years old, and you can see why we call him Monkey, because he climbs up on everything.

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    So many wonderfully fluffy kitties!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Just took a look at my TCS Blog and found out that I have so many chapters for Generation One. :mrgreen:196 Chapters for Generation One alone.

I was going to break my generations down into Chapters along with a main-page showing the individual chapter posts (like some bloggers on here), but I'm thinking that with 196 Chapters (on one generation alone and probably an equal amount on other generations to follow)...people are going to be scared of reading it all.

Labeling and linking all the posts is going to be a major headache. I sure wish that I had fleshed out the Legacy Blog format a little better before I started this, but well, live and learn, I guess...

Edit: Working on Main (Landing Page) to Selfacy Blog
    Trials%2Bwith%2BBloggerStaticPages.jpg
    I've only gotten through linking 25 Chapters with more to go. Rolling my eyes - Why do I do this to myself? Angel (on shoulder) - "You want people to be able to navigate my story easier. :D:mrgreen: Devil: "Oh for crying out loud...you're just going to give yourself a headache!"

Double-take: On top of that I just mislabelled two Chapter 5s. OH 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Well, it looks as though we may be considering "home-ownership" instead of finding a "place to rent". ~sigh~ Guess I'm starting to think like a "real estate" agent again. :neutral:

Have to go to an open house on Sunday...and @Featherbelle asked me to come up with questions to ask the realtor

Guess the ol' realtor side of my brain kicked into gear because I figured out 17 questions right off the top of my head to ask the realtor. I think poor @Featherbelle's head is spinning now.

17 Questions to Scare the Bejeebus Out of Your Realtor When You Go To Open Houses For Strata Units Only (Strata means Townhouses and Condos)
    1. Has there been any changes to the strata council fees since you took the listing? (just in case there's been anything major that has happened to the common property which has needed repairs - and just in case he isn't on the ball and hasn't updated his listing with regards to the amended strata/maintenance fees since he took it)

2. Has there been a roof replacement in the last 6 months? (if there has been, you can expect a drastic increase in the strata fees).

3. Can I see the Property Condition Disclosure Statement (if this is a resale) This is a BC thing, Your state may or may not have such a disclosure requirement depending on the state rules regarding property condition disclosure.

4. Do you have copies of the Strata Council Meetings and Minutes for the past two years if we proceed to an offer? (because you want to know what is going on currently with the building)

5. Do you have the past five years of Strata Council's financial statements (you want to know if there has been any weird anomalies in terms of cash outlays - if there are many weird large expenses, you know that the building envelope is compromised (leaking structure or other maintenance problems).

6. Storage Space - (is there storage lockers available in the building for owners or is everything in-unit).

7. How many parking spaces are we allotted if there is underground parking (unlikely in a townhome - as most townhomes have their own covered parking spaces or some higher-end ones have their own garage)

8. What are the biggest complaints? Is the strata-council quick to respond to complaints?

9. What is the management team like? Do they get on problems quickly?

10. Does the complex have common area insurance and what does it cover? (you want to know that if it is a problem that is covered by insurance, that the onus doesn't get stuck on you and the rest of the owners to cover it)

11. Do you have a copy of the complex rules if we get to the offer-stage? (You want to know if the complex is too restrictive in their rules and regulations)

12. Is there any pending litigation against the strata council? (Do you want to live in a complex filled with litigious neighbours or end up moving into existing drama).

13. What is my allotted exterior space and what is considered common area? (You want to know what exterior space is considered your responsibility).

14. How much is the monthly strata and maintenance fees and what does it cover? (Maintenance fees should cover all routine maintenance around the complex, up to and including: Grounds maintenance

* Exterior maintenance

* Water

* Sewer services

* Master insurance

* Road maintenance

* Snow plowing

* Trash pick-up

* Pool/fitness center

15. Is there any additional maintenance being considered in the future (Are there any big expenses planned)

16. How many units are currently for sale in the complex and are there any in foreclosure? (maybe we might be able to get a deal for a unit with a better location)

17. Does the strata council have a recent engineering report that I can take a look at? (You want to look for any condition defects present in the building envelope)

If any of you are considering buying a "strata-unit" in the near future. You might want to take note of these questions and the reasons behind asking them too. :D

No...I'm no longer licensed. :D No I'm not selling anymore. But I can play with cameras. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    There's always a "bright side" to everything. I couldn't read small print ~bleep~ all before thanks to presbyopia and being unable to focus on the small-print lettering.

Now, I'm on 5mg of amlodipine for high blood pressure. Evidently one of the side-effects I have is tinnitus. So great, I now can't hear ~bleep~ all due to the ringing in my left ear, but I can now read the small print on packaging that I couldn't before. I'll take it. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Cool cats and wonderful sims and pictures :dizzy:
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    I've been really busy with school, but I've finally finished my Stardew Valley boys :smiley:

YKl76a9.jpg

Alex <3
    jZBEBW9.jpg

Elliott
    407JIWx.jpg

Harvey
    i69hSfv.jpg

Sam
    GYAXDQx.jpg

Sebastian
    Qs5054H.jpg

Shane