Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could Moschino Be Coming to the Sims?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The Sims transcended video games years ago. It's pop culture, which isn't bad. Very few games can achieve that status. The "everyday Sims player" just needs to welcome the idea that not everything they do is targeted towards you, and that is ok!
    Sorry but I ‘need’ to do nothing at all (why? because someone on Twitter says so?) and no, just because it’s happening doesn’t make it ok. And how on earth is ‘very few games achieve that status’ (status? LOL) a merit here? How is selling the soul of a game to ‘pop culture’ and all the businesses it involves ‘transcending’? You know what would be ok? If Sims would come back to planet earth and start being a game again. For everybody. I don’t need to be part of anyone’s target group, I just want to play a game that’s worth playing because it’s fun. I (54) am playing Detroit at the moment, as do my daughter (21) and son (19) and the three of us, we’re all having fun. It is possible you know. That’s a game that’s transcending.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    “a lot are becoming entrepreneurs “ someone’s following the Kardashian’s a bit too much.
    😂😂 you know how you can affect them,with your wallet. I remember when the one of the recent Star Wars game out and it was a big money grab, players boycotted it right away. And it hurt them. Just don’t purchase, sometimes expressing opinion just isn’t enough.
  • Options
    XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    There is a dedicated set of people who will buy literally every release and those are the kinds of people they can take for granted (that's basically what Drake just said anyway). That set of people could be a hell of a lot bigger though, and maybe if they stopped chasing the latest fads and seeking out a very narrow target audience, and instead focused on delivering a complete game, a lot of people would stick around. But we've got gurus who thought that packs like Parenthood and Vampires wouldn't do well (yet still ended up being the most successful GPs), so maybe the obviously unimportant online demographic actually does reflect what people want more than we thought.

I would say that our money should not be guaranteed, but I've had my post edited in the past for expressing a similar sentiment.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Perspective from a past community manager.

This struck me as awfully snobish. It's clear some have never heard one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. How flippantly conceited it was to say core fans money is guarenteed, really? Then why all the $5 sales for base game, and packs? Or maybe they don't actually want to be a gaming company anymore but a tool to get their foot in the door of other markets, and just use TS4 or the franchise as an avatar game (which it sure is that) where there really isn't that much gameplay but a lot of dress up and ideas to snare those who would never look at this game twice. It's not even about selling a game anymore but collecting followers. All those little rich teens right? don't buy the game..hey buy the clothes so EA can get their cut.

Quote:
    Because your money is almost guaranteed ...

Didn't she just say the fan base are sheep? I think she did.

I am not a fan of Drake, but she isn't wrong.

Put a 'THE SIMS' label on it and it will sell. Brand/customer loyalty does a lot.

We all saw how it works and still see it. People lowering their expectations/standards everytime with The Sims 4, and yet it still sells really well..
  • Options
    GroovyTurtlezGroovyTurtlez Posts: 36 Member
    I don't have the funds for the collection but I do think those plumbob earrings are cute >.>
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

This struck me as awfully snobish. It's clear some have never heard one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. How flippantly conceited it was to say core fans money is guarenteed, really? Then why all the $5 sales for base game, and packs? Or maybe they don't actually want to be a gaming company anymore but a tool to get their foot in the door of other markets, and just use TS4 or the franchise as an avatar game (which it sure is that) where there really isn't that much gameplay but a lot of dress up and ideas to snare those who would never look at this game twice. It's not even about selling a game anymore but collecting followers. All those little rich teens right? don't buy the game..hey buy the clothes so EA can get their cut.

Quote:

Put a 'THE SIMS' label on it and it will sell. Brand/customer loyalty does a lot.

We all saw how it works and still see it. People lowering their expectations/standards everytime with The Sims 4, and yet it still sells really well..

Yeah, but it must sting core fans to know she is right, lol, they will get their money anyway, no matter how shallow or broken or lame a pack might be or a game, and the infamous guru saying forums are trash, I don't know, it seems to me, that wouldn't be something you say out loud, but no worries, they can say and do anything to insult, belittle their customers and we buy anyway. Amazing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Drake clearly has zero respect for the Sims community.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    mika wrote: »

Disrespect was kind of her thing, except she called it “being blunt/telling it like it is”. There’s a reason she left EA so suddenly leaving her position vacant for months.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Quote:

Yeah, but it must sting core fans to know she is right, lol, they will get their money anyway, no matter how shallow or broken or lame a pack might be or a game, and the infamous guru saying forums are trash, I don't know, it seems to me, that wouldn't be something you say out loud, but no worries, they can say and do anything to insult, belittle their customers and we buy anyway. Amazing.

Comparatively, there's so much awful in the world now that this creature's shallow comments can barely elicit a twinge from me. I will cherish that inevitable moment that hooking themselves up as a fad and continuously disenfranchising their "core" meets reality like a bug to a windshield.

#nevergettingmycorevocalfan$$$again
    #youarenotpopcultureyouareaninferiorblipofaproduct
  • Options
    The sad thing is, while Drake is no longer part of the company, her views still seem to reflect theirs. The attitude she described is very much how she and they feel about us.

Now I think the online sims community can be pretty unbearable at times, but that's still no excuse for acting as though we're some fringe group with crazy ideas and wishes but still counting on our money anyway.

Fads come and go, but anger too many of your "core vocal fans" and eventually they won't come back. Let's be honest, that already began with the launch of this game in such an obviously unfinished state. The game has improved a lot since then, but things like this and the MFPS fiasco last year proved that things haven't changed as much as they should.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So, hopefully, with the Moschino Freezer Bunny hoodie in this patch, does it mean that the up coming SP is NOT Moschino?
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    So, hopefully, with the Moschino Freezer Bunny hoodie in this patch, does it mean that the up coming SP is NOT Moschino?

Hopefully!!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Eh I'm more of a "New York & Co." (gaah I wish that was a pack :D ) kind of girl myself. But I get it's tough to please everyone with a brand pack/patch though. Everyone's style is so different depending on where someone's from or what they're into. H&M was one of my favorite brands as a kid, so it's definitely a favorite for me. Diesel...I was pretty divided, I loved the menswear, but couldn't stand the women's outfits (except for maybe one dress outfit).

Hopefully, though these are just in-game patches, but even if their not....well it's a stuffpack I guess (there could be 10+ more on the way for all we know lol).

More of a "if it's comfortableand it's clean I'll wear it" kind of girl -- I don't really look at labels except to check the size. And I figure that when our gifted art crew gets their hands on Moschino items they'll look much better in The Sims 4 than in Real Life. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2019
    Xwanton wrote: »
    Fads come and go, but anger too many of your "core vocal fans" and eventually they won't come back. Let's be honest, that already began with the launch of this game in such an obviously unfinished state. The game has improved a lot since then, but things like this and the MFPS fiasco last year proved that things haven't changed as much as they should.

They pulled the MFP SP stunt because they can afford it. They knew there was going to be backlash but they also know that the vast majority of TS4's players will buy it anyway, even if they are angry, because "It's The Sims!" or "It's only $10!" or whatever reason. This is why they will keep doing stuff like this, because they don't get punished.

Also, a lot of the veteran TS players aren't even playing TS4 anymore. Some have moved on, a lot of them are still playing TS2 and TS3 and some are like me, who play TS4 once in a blue moon. So I think the vast majority is in fact their favorite and target audience: young and naive girls. Not saying naive to be mean, but as in, they have no idea how predatory these companies are being. Even among the vocal fans, there are a lot of people who only played TS4 and if you ask them if they are happy with the game, they will tell you yes because they never played the previous ones so they don't know what we once had that is now lacking.
  • Options

They pulled the MFP SP stunt because they can afford it. They knew there was going to be backlash but they also know that the vast majority of TS4's players will buy it anyway, even if they are angry, because "It's The Sims!" or "It's only $10!" or whatever reason. This is why they will keep doing stuff like this, because they don't get punished.

Also, a lot of the veteran TS players aren't even playing TS4 anymore. Some have moved on, a lot of them are still playing TS2 and TS3 and some are like me, who play TS4 once in a blue moon. So I think the vast majority is in fact their favorite and target audience: young and naive girls. Not saying naive to be mean, but as in, they have no idea how predatory these companies are being. Even among the vocal fans, there are a lot of people who only played TS4 and if you ask them if they are happy with the game, they will tell you yes because they never played the previous ones so they don't know what we once had that is now lacking.

Unfortunately, you're right. I fall into that "still playing TS2 and TS3 but still comes back to TS4 sometimes" category. What I mostly meant is that there may come a point when even that group of people are turned off too much to return, and it doesn't need to be that way. Maybe much of the core base remaining is in that super dedicated group, but imagine if they'd just kept trying to appeal to everyone, and actually delivered a complete product in the first place. How many people would have got fully on board from the beginning and not leapt off even before launch when it became clear how barren the game was. I was initially in that group - I didn't get the game until two years after release, and only in a sale. Sometimes I question that decision.

Oh well, at least the CAS, toddlers and vampires are worth it.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member

Unfortunately, you're right. I fall into that "still playing TS2 and TS3 but still comes back to TS4 sometimes" category. What I mostly meant is that there may come a point when even that group of people are turned off too much to return, and it doesn't need to be that way. Maybe much of the core base remaining is in that super dedicated group, but imagine if they'd just kept trying to appeal to everyone, and actually delivered a complete product in the first place. How many people would have got fully on board from the beginning and not leapt off even before launch when it became clear how barren the game was. I was initially in that group - I didn't get the game until two years after release, and only in a sale. Sometimes I question that decision.

Oh well, at least the CAS, toddlers and vampires are worth it.
    I do think they want those fans on their side too, which is why they occasionally throw us a bone. You can see they took a lot of ideas from the community when it comes to toddlers for example. And I bet they wouldn't even add them if people weren't so vocal about it. But things like that don't happen very often, they mostly do whatever the heck they want or what EA tells them to do.

An example. People have always been pretty vocal about laundry on the internet, but I honestly think the only reason why we got it was because Graham push them for it (bless him!). I think the whole reason behind the community vote was to see if laundry was actually something that the online community wanted because some gurus were skeptical about it. Even Lyndsay admitted it on an interview. I think the same thing is happening with babies, for example, with some gurus not wanting to go down that road. Cough, Grant, cough. So when it comes to them deciding which "popular" content they release, a lot of it comes down to what THEY want. Things that are "controversial" between gurus (babies) will probably never get added, or will be added late because they can't (or won't) come to an agreement. But whenever they add things that no one asked for, their excuse is "people want different things". Well, yes, true enough, but tell me WHO asked you for apartments stuck to the same ugly shells and limited to the same world. Or who asked for a partnership with Moschino. Or a stuff pack with a hamster and pets clothes and objects that should be on Cats and Dogs. Or whatever the heck Get Together was. Or the whole Strangerville game pack. Etc. Etc.

Now that we're almost 5 years into TS4, we'll start to see some of these things that the vocal fans have been asking for, but not necessarily because they asked, more like it will come to a point where it's time to add that content anyway (Pets, Seasons and possibly University soon). But as for all the things people want to see improved and have been vocal about it (better babies, better personalities, etc.), we may never get it because that's probably something their target audience doesn't care much for, so it's not worth the hassle.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Just my opinion of course.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Can someone brutally murder that freezer bunny and buried deep back into the freezer and never to be seen again? Seriously...this evil bunny has been haunted me for more than 10 yrs since S3. it's not cute at all...its pure evil..and those evil gnomes too. Do something EA.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Can someone brutally murder that freezer bunny and buried deep back into the freezer and never to be seen again? Seriously...this evil bunny has been haunted me for more than 10 yrs since S3. it's not cute at all...its pure evil..and those evil gnomes too. Do something EA.

Actually they first came into being in Sims 2 Strangetown in the grocery store upright freezer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Personally, I think EA is fishing again with all this 'High End Fashion' talk. And from what I have seen in the posted images of the concept art, they aren't sure how it will be presented to us such as gifted to us in an update, or in a stuff pack. When you stop and think about all the great fashion designers out there and the gorgeous creations being shown on the catwalks, why on earth would EA even consider Moschino as the standard for Sims4? This is the Katy Perry debacle all over again. Not to mention Diesel and H&M. Why does EA need to take everything to the extreme and create third-rate, cartoony 'fashion' for their games? It makes no sense at all. CC creators are sharing clothing with us that is a hundred times nicer, and more on point with the Get Famous expansion than anything I have seen in the promo pics EA recently released. If EA wants to develop a fashion-filled stuff pack for Sims4 they need to stop and realize many fans aren't buying into EA's idea of what is 'fashionable'. That is one of the reasons why custom content is so popular with Simmers. At least the talented custom content creators have the sense to realize what is popular with Simmers. I hope EA releases the Moschino line in a stuff pack rather than in an update. At least I can pass on purchasing a stuff pack, but if they decide to force feed it to us in an update we'll have no choice but to have it in our games. And that doesn't sit well with me at all. After the last few updates that have added good content that I was happy to have in my game, releasing Moschino themed fashion that I would never want, as an update, would tick me off. Knowing EA as well as I do after twenty-plus years of being a Simmer, I have no doubt that stuff pack would include some amazing new assets and/or gameplay they know we are waiting for thus making it impossible for us to say no to purchasing it. Then EA could say adding Moschino fashion to the stuff pack was the reason why the pack was successful. Corporate smoke and mirrors at it's finest, I'd say. If that happens, I hope the modding community comes up with a way to block the Moschino line in our game or every townie in existence will be wearing Moschino.
  • Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I genuinely think the community (wich is so divided right now) is the big part of the problem nowadays. A lot of simmers will buy every single thing no matter what. Thats why The Sims needs competition urgently!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2019
    The Sims (EA HQ) vs The Sims FreePlay (Firemonkeys)...

EA HQ did a potatoes bag when The Firemonkey did good clothes

ts4-moschino-hoodie-02-002.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png
    moschino-aruba.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png
    u59-poolsideparadise-socialgraphic-moschino-logo-1200x675.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I genuinely think the community (wich is so divided right now) is the big part of the problem nowadays. A lot of simmers will buy every single thing no matter what. Thats why The Sims needs competition urgently!

Yes, we are re$pon$ible for this me$$. But until competition occurs, we will have this Anthem of teenage mutant ninja influencers... this hilariously awful Moschino cherry on top of a melting SimCity 2013 and Sims Olympus sundae with a plethora of crushed nuts who think that they are representing pop culture.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There is no accounting for taste is there.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2019
    mika wrote: »
    But is what she said wrong clearly not the majority of players will buy everything including My First Pet. They do these things to pull in new teen girls be it an add with the girl from Stranger Things or these hideous clothes I could care less. Unless Moschino becomes a stuff pack which I doubt it will just another ugly outfit forced in the game by a patch not the first time wont be the last.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think Drake is correct. She has said similar before. There Is a section of fans that will buy anything that is a fact.

They are not the ones EA are interested in. Makes sense to a degree. Although I think it's silly to prioritise new fans over loyal ones but that is a different debate.