Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do people think University is next ?

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2019
    Because the most vocal simmers have been demanding it for about a year now. I can't see university not being next at this point, especially when Grant is out here tweeting saying the fans are going to love the next EP. I couldn't imagine him saying that for a different EP knowing how much people have been demanding university.

The literal only other thing I could see the next EP being is a tropical vacation pack, only because it's rumored to come out in June. Otherwise, university seems to be the best bet.

To be fair, Grant says that every single time. Its as predictable as night following day.

Seasons and Get famous were pretty good though

Seasons still not the best Seasons imo. I still think it lacks (Sims 4 tradition). They can claim it to be ''the best version ever'' but that never was the truth when it comes to TS4 imo.

With The Sims 4 it's trade off after trade off and compromise after compromise.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    And people got their hopes up and thought more of it for the picture that came out of a streaking sim and there was like a backpack in the background etc.
  • Options
    silverdustsilverdust Posts: 34 Member
    Probably because we've wanted it for so long. It's mostly wishful thinking, but it would make the most sense for it to come out sooner than later. But we know the devs... they enjoy teasing us. (throwback to them making us think we were getting cars in Get Famous)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Because the most vocal simmers have been demanding it for about a year now. I can't see university not being next at this point, especially when Grant is out here tweeting saying the fans are going to love the next EP. I couldn't imagine him saying that for a different EP knowing how much people have been demanding university.

The literal only other thing I could see the next EP being is a tropical vacation pack, only because it's rumored to come out in June. Otherwise, university seems to be the best bet.

To be fair, Grant says that every single time. Its as predictable as night following day.

Seasons still not the best Seasons imo. I still think it lacks (Sims 4 tradition). They can claim it to be ''the best version ever'' but that never was the truth when it comes to TS4 imo.

I'm really enjoying Seasons. It improved holidays dramatically. Our sims have never been able to decorate a Christmas Tree. Also I love the skating rinks.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I'm really enjoying Seasons. It improved holidays dramatically. Our sims have never been able to decorate a Christmas Tree. Also I love the skating rinks.

I agree it's not the best version BUT I do love that we have custom holidays...
  • Options

The holidays are nice, but the weather features? Sims 3 still takes the big fat cake on that one.

I still think Sims 4 Seasons follows the tradition of The Sims 4 packs in general. Trade offs and compromises. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope people setting their expectations for university straight, because I am sure that one will come with another bunch of Sims 4 style trade offs and compromises.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

If the EP isn't University, you think he would've said the fans are going to hate it? Don't get me wrong, I have strong vibes that Uni is next, as it's the most requested EP that we don't have yet. But gurus doing their jobs by being positive and promoting the game they work on should be taken as just that.
  • Options
    emlou97emlou97 Posts: 23 Member
    I think it'll be next out of hope lol. I REALLY want it to come next.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

If the EP isn't University, you think he would've said the fans are going to hate it? Don't get me wrong, I have strong vibes that Uni is next, as it's the most requested EP that we don't have yet. But gurus doing their jobs by being positive and promoting the game they work on should be taken as just that.

I'll really be surprised if University comes out before an Island Pack since it would make sense to release an Island Vacation in the Summer and Uni in the Fall. We shall see though.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019

I'll really be surprised if University comes out before an Island Pack since it would make sense to release an Island Vacation in the Summer and Uni in the Fall. We shall see though.

Maybe, but people get ready for school in the summer, so, maybe it's vice versa (if at all for either one) and plan an island vacation in winter to get away from snow, sometimes. But I don't think they plan anything the way we would, I think they release anything they have (fleshed out or not) at the time they see interest waning. Might not be either one, but something we didn't want at all.

ETA: maybe OP, the reason is because TS3 UL was released four years after the base game. TS4 is almost five, in Sept.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GroovyTurtlezGroovyTurtlez Posts: 36 Member
    It could honestly be either or when it comes to a university ep or tropical island ep. For the sims 3 uni came out in March and island paradise came out in June, I don't think they'd really release a pack based on the season unless it's a stuff pack (e.g. spooky stuff ). Just an opinion c:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GroovyTurtlezGroovyTurtlez Posts: 36 Member
    It could honestly be either or when it comes to a university ep or tropical island ep. For the sims 3 uni came out in March and island paradise came out in June, I don't think they'd really release a pack based on the season unless it's a stuff pack (e.g. spooky stuff ). Just an opinion c:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Sims 3 University was released in March. They don't have to have a specific time of year to release packs. Just like I don't understand why everyone says witches have to be released in October for Halloween when Vampires was released in January.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I don’t believe there’s a “time of the year” for certain packs or whatever. Things come when they come.

But to answer OP’s question: University is an all-time favorite for a lot of Simmers. It’s unthinkable it won’t come and as we’ve had the other main favorites (Seasons, Pets, Vamps and something with generations) already, it seems logical to get University next.

Whether it comes out in June or not, I’m hoping for a customizable experience and possibly schooling options as well.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't think. I just hope, pray and wish.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @rudy8292 wrote: »

The Sims 4’s Seasons is wayyyyy better than Sims 2 Seasons.

The Sims 2 Seasons didn’t have real weather for a start (it had an onscreen filter for everything). They couldn’t get real weather to work without it raining indoors (even though they could on the console games) and instead of patching it in for free when they did fix it they released a whole expansion around it.

The Gardening feature was a huge part of Seasons YET it was actually taken directly out of the Sims 2 PSP which shared the same engine. They added different plants but the system itself and certain animations was taken from the PSP game.

And if that wasn’t bad enough, they didn’t optimise it so your game (no matter what system you have) will become “heavy” and the camera controls slow down because it’s an onscreen filter rather than rendered in real time. The same thing occurs when Witches appear on your lot and they apply a filter to your screen.

This isn’t even “objective” this is what happens in game. You can’t tell me The Sims 4 Seasons has more trade offs than this? The Sims 4 snow is like 1 inch thick, but apart from that it’s feature filled.

You even need to buy Happy Holiday Stuff to have Christmas seperately.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »

The Sims 4’s Seasons is wayyyyy better than Sims 2 Seasons.

The Sims 2 Seasons didn’t have real weather for a start (it had an onscreen filter for everything). They couldn’t get real weather to work without it raining indoors (even though they could on the console games) and instead of patching it in for free when they did fix it they released a whole expansion around it.

The Gardening feature was a huge part of Seasons YET it was actually taken directly out of the Sims 2 PSP which shared the same engine. They added different plants but the system itself and certain animations was taken from the PSP game.

And if that wasn’t bad enough, they didn’t optimise it so your game (no matter what system you have) will become “heavy” and the camera controls slow down because it’s an onscreen filter rather than rendered in real time. The same thing occurs when Witches appear on your lot and they apply a filter to your screen.

This isn’t even “objective” this is what happens in game. You can’t tell me The Sims 4 Seasons has more trade offs than this? The Sims 4 snow is like 1 inch thick, but apart from that it’s feature filled.

You even need to buy Happy Holiday Stuff to have Christmas seperately.

Talk to me again if you played the Sims 3 Seasons.

The Sims 2 Seasons was the first Seasons ever, the Sims 4 Seasons is not.

What is the main part of a Seasons EP? Right. The Seasons and the Weather.

Why don't we have hail, layered snow, iciles hanging from the roofs in winter, rain effects on roofs and surfaces, no rain drop effects on various surfaces, no sunburns etc.

No, I still think Sims 3 seasons is the best. It is not fair to compare the Sims 2 to the Sims 4 imo. The Sims 2 Seasons was a first, while Sims 4 Seasons is not.

The calendar feature and the gardening is nice, but that doesn't make the Sims 4 version better than the Sims 3 version for me.

No, the missing snow depth is only a part of all the things missing and traded off in the Sims 4 version.

But in the end; if people like the Sims 4 version more, more power to them.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited April 2019
    There seem to be no proof or hints to it.

Sure, just it's what some people are waiting once Pets and Seasons are released.
    Some people don't care about the "occults" that's why this "real life" theme is popular.

And there are great chances that Summer Vacation will be a Game Pack so it remains no other popular theme.
    Farm, Future and Hobbies are less popular.

That's all about the recycled themes, we can't guess what new themes The Sims Studio can bring us.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

that's what I was thinking, the last three expansion packs were highly requested themes, pets, seasons and fame. They're clearly following a trend here. Next pack realistically seems like it will likely be a university themed pack.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Expansions seem to be the things people want and game packs seem to be a bit more experimental, sometimes giving requested things and sometimes trying something brand new.

I wouldn't be surprised if an education-based expansion was next but at the same time there are other requested themes as well. It's really just people getting their hopes up when they shouldn't.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't think it's simply "wishful thinking", although most of it probably is. But there's a few other reasons of why I'm expecting it to be University.

- We're almost 5 years into TS4, they NEED to put out the favorites, otherwise they will never hear the end of it and they could possibly start losing players. It took them 3 years to finally start releasing the most wanted packs, so it makes sense to keep making them. It's time!
    - The voice actors' for TS4 released some video clips and pictures that could hint at the theme of the pack. In some of them they are flirting and in another one they are ding dong ditching one another with one of the actors mentioning "the last time I did this I was in high school." It could mean nothing, but it could also mean something. Overall, there's a lot of teen/young adult vibes coming from their posts, a lot of screwing around and messing with each other.
    - The last patch added laptops to the base game as well as new "office/study" furniture. I get nothing but University vibes from it.
    - The patch where 32 bit will be ditched could also mean something big will come in the next expansion. It could be the roommate/dorms system which will allow our sims to live with multiple NPCs on the same building? Maybe.
    - There's already a bunch of hints in game and outside of the game. We all know the sims team likes to casually hint at future packs.

These are just some of the things that make me confident Uni is next. But in the end it's all speculation. Maybe it's not the next EP but it's the one after. I do think they are at least working on it for some time now.
  • Options
    SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    I think it could be either an Education or Vacation pack, and my hope is that by the time 2019 is over, we'll have DLC of some kind covering both of those themes
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    For me it is wishful thinking as college is just a part of all my families life in real life - so I often duplicate things in my game that is part of my real life. When my sims teens are nearing time to age up - well I tend to pull that save from my game - because I can't age them up to go to college. So I keep having to start over instead of letting them get on with their lives. That or only play sims who have no kids.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I hope we get supernatural expansion soon or after University.
  • Options
    siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    Because we thinking since 2015 that the next expension pack will be university :wink: