Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with Occults?

Comments

• Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Yes.
    I have my normal sims, and then my vampire and her ghost dog. I love the weird stuff. It's what makes the Sims fun. You can play out the life of your dreams, or the one you wish was real.
  • Options
    KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    Yes.
    The results are very interesting, considering how rabid and ubiquitous the anti-occult commentary is these days. Can't turn around anymore without reading someone bemoan having to remove supernaturals from their game, and convince new impressionable players how terrible they are.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Yes.
    I have at least one playable Vampire in each of my saves. They frequently become more interesting than the Sim I started the save with. Sometimes they never meet the Human that I started the save with.

I think Vampires are hilarious sometimes. They love to eat! Mine start learning to cook by making single serving fruit salad and garden salads and they'll eat every salad they make unless you cancel the action.

I've had several Vampires set themselves on fire or set their kitchens on fire when trying to use a stove too soon. I had one that nearly died when he got dazed from a stove that shorted out and then tried to repair it. I've had two Vampires die trying to extinguish a kitchen fire. So no stoves for anyone (Vampire or Human) until Level 3 Cooking and even then accidents can happen.

I've had a couple of vampires who had the Love Outdoors trait that spent a lot of time grilling food outside in broad daylight.

When their spells fail they look so dejected.

I had a game with a vampire and an alien who became friends at one point. Twice the alien did something that reset their memories so they were just acquaintances. That was pretty funny when it happened during a date. They looked at each other like - Do I know you? Why am I here? And the Alien got embarrassed!

I think I'd need at least two Aliens in a game so I could figure out what they do and how they do it. I need to dig that game up.
  • Options
    KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    Yes.
    @Monaveil
    Actually, my Vampire/Alien couple starts off with the V husband with withered stomach, working culinary to fulfill the food aspiration. Have to really watch him doing job homework, and dread Harvestfest even after the toilet gets self cleaning.
    Outside job and aspiration, he only actually cooks grilled cheese for his vegetarian Alien wife. I think it's an interesting dynamic, a jealous obsessed creepy nocturnal predator who invests an entire sim lifetime into making delicious, but comically simple food for his outdoorsy, athletic spouse.
    It would be difficult to engineer a similar level of dichotomy with just plain sims, nevermind getting them to work harmoniously.
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Yes.
    To sum it up - if I don't have at least one occult sim in a play through, something is wrong... I loved mixing different occult states in 3 to create some kind of hybrid, and sometimes adding traits that clash to go with other occult sims in the household. Not an entirely bad way to spice up a boring 10-gen story, especially when baby sis finally grows into her fangs and suddenly comes home with an Alien to meet the family. :p
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Yes.
    I love occults. They make the game much more interesting and I hope we get more occults soon, but I don't think we'll get all of them.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have Get To Work and Vampires installed but I do not play with occults. I have mods installed to even prevent them from being generated in my games so I don’t even see them... ever :)

It’s funny, I don’t see them even without mods installed. It’s the weirdest thing ever.

It's because everything was toned down and dialed back for family/realistic players who want the bb, but nothing else.

Oh, when did that happen?

Several times in patches. The game was patched right after GTW, to reduce alien abductions causing males to become pregnant. From complaints. My Sim had one alien baby before it was nerfed. None in the three years that followed. Aliens are also reduced from being bartenders, or hanging out in bars since GT, which broke their disguises so it was easy to see they were aliens. But less likely they are in hardly any bars or nightclubs since then. (at least not in my game). Vampires do not spawn unless you have your Sims turn a few NPCs or read about vampire lore, or that is how it was in my game before I stopped playing. But vampire powers and other things are borked and not patched so not sure if they also toned the appearance of vamps in the worlds since they said they did, then took it back and said they didn't. I'm guessing they are probably toned down, too. ETA: And since there is alien night in GT the ones who were in disguise never show up like they did during GTW. They are bascially confined to that night, and or to being a cashier somewhere out of disguise.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Yes.

Yes, yes and yes, occults are the best part of this game <3 I play ghosts, vampires, aliens, fake fairies and enjoy the Selvadorada Skelettons, oh, and Patchy from Seasons. But I want more :'(

iGY4kNw.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes.
    Absolutely. In my game they live and hide themselves amongst humans.
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, only in one save game though because i like to keep most of my saves realistic.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have them installed, but I do not play them.
    I have Vampires installed but I really don't play them even though their the so called best vampires ever they're just boring for me there is no fun in vampires without a vampire hunter. At this point they're just an nuisance ... oh no there's a vampire on the lot that's going to do absolutely nothing besides make it so you cant switch lots!
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 62 Member
    Other (Explain in the comments).
    I dont have any of the packs that have occults. I might enjoy aliens but not vampires
    I might look crazy but I am fangirling
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes.
    In a game where all sims' behaviour is pretty much the same regardless of their traits, and pets were quite the disappointment (to me, anyway), occults add some much needed variation to normal gameplay.

Back in TS2, the only occults I liked were witches, because most of the others were basically just normal sims with skin conditions, and ghosts weren't even playable. TS4 has fleshed out aliens and vampires, ghosts are finally playable (although they might already have been in TS3, I don't know), and I'm positive that any future occult life states will get a similar treatment. Plant sims are lame this time around, and I think ghosts could have had more unique options, but still.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes.
    In a game where all sims' behaviour is pretty much the same regardless of their traits, and pets were quite the disappointment (to me, anyway), occults add some much needed variation to normal gameplay.

Back in TS2, the only occults I liked were witches, because most of the others were basically just normal sims with skin conditions, and ghosts weren't even playable. TS4 has fleshed out aliens and vampires, ghosts are finally playable (although they might already have been in TS3, I don't know), and I'm positive that any future occult life states will get a similar treatment. Plant sims are lame this time around, and I think ghosts could have had more unique options, but still.

Can confirm, ghosts were definitely playable in TS3. Ghost babies could be born, and you could even create them in CAS, and pick their death type, which affected their colors. Compared to that, I find TS4 ghosts kinda lame? I liked the TS3 ghosts with their blank eyes and colorful bodies. If I wasn't on mobile right now, I'd attach an image or two.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    MeridianthaMeridiantha Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes.
    I do enjoy playing with occults, and even mod to bring other occults into the game for future gameplay. So far, I've especially enjoyed bringing aliens into my main game, but I find the vampire features more fun to play in separate playthroughs.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Other (Explain in the comments).
    I have vampires and aliens. I don't play the aliens at all, but now and then I'll go play with my vampires.

Back in Sims 3, I almost always had a witch. Fairies and genies were my next favorites, but I rarely played werewolves and didn't have aliens.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Yes.
    I play a rotational game where my vampire sim has two roommates both of which are happy to feed her. She also manages the Blood Stained Teeth club who's membership also feeds her.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Yes.
    I don't play with them as often as "normal" sims but I do play with them in rotation. I find myself using aliens the most out of them cause I play on a ts2 save file for ts4 so there's a lot of alien families from strange town. I only ever see new occults generated by the game if I'm playing with the occult in the first place.

The one occult I haven't ever touched is PlantSim, they're just so shallowly implemented

caitytrina.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes.
    I play all occults that we ever have in any version. I love S4 vampires because I can have any type I can create. S4 aliens are the best version (for me) so far and have been the most fun. I know a lot of players wanted the CAS version of ghosts, but I like that my sims I create can become playable ghosts. It was always weird to me that ghosts could have baby ghosts.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yes.
    A little bit. I have a couple vampires in my rotation, but after the initial rush after adding the pack I rarely play them. I don't play any full blood aliens but enjoy the interaction with my scientist sims.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I would if they had the Occult I wanted.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Yes.
    I would like to have witches, ghosts, and fairies. It would also be cool to have something like a lich that you cannot make in CAS but maybe an achievement that gives you the opportunity to come back to life as a lich.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes.
    Playing with occults is just fun. I have been playing with vampires and god do I miss having witches, worewolves and fairies in the game.

I love playing realistic but I also like playing with occults.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I think I played with a vampire once, but then I just kind of lost interest. I'm currently trying my hand at the 100 baby challenge (38 kids and counting) and I am curious what would happen if I introduce some occult sims into the mix. One of my sims wanted to be vampire, but he got so angry after he aged up that he gave himself a heart attack!

I will say, one of my favorite type of characters to play in The Sims 3 had to be witches. I LOVED being able to have witch/warlock sims, fly on broomsticks, do magic, and all of that fun stuff. I would occasionally play as a fairy, too. I never really got into the vampires or werewolves, though. I am glad to see so many who do love the occult sims currently available in The Sims 4! Perhaps I shall have an occult save. :smile:
  • Options
    MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    Yes.
    I do, they're a lot of fun! And I'm (not so) patiently waiting and hoping for witches. ✨ Ohhh, I hope we get them!!

Although I like to keep at least one save more "real world", I love the not-so real world aspects that occult sims bring to my game. My only wish, is that much like aging and seasons - I wish there was a setting to turn them off, so we had the option of what saves we'd like to have them in. I think a lot more people would enjoy them if that was an option too.

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha