Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with Occults?

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes.
    Most of my saves end up having a vampire in them.

Right now I've got a story going where the Hero Of Strangerville (Lizzy) who is a "woman in black" has been charged to keep an eye on three unusual teens: a vampire, a plant sim, and an alien (although in my mind they are all alien hybrids the government created). Eventually Lizzy will discover the nefarious plans the military has for her three wards and they'll disappear and live off the grid in some remote location (I'm thinking Granite Falls with a mod to make it livable). I'm hoping we might get a living off the grid or farming pack to add some more depth to this idea, but I'll make it work regardless. Also, if/when we get witches, I'll have a teen witch join their little group.

I really like occults in my game because I get board playing regular families for any length of time.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Yes.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    They have been in EVERY Sims game - and it is unfair that we hardly have any in Sims 4. People who don't like them could simply not buy those packs - why punish us players who love the game as we've always played it. The game will never feel it is complete until this version also has our beloved occults.

When I get them all - if we ever do - most of my hoods will be occults. Humans to me are boring when that is the most of what we have. Also I do not look at ghosts or aliens as occults. Ghost is the final life stage of humans, and aliens in my view are just citizens of another planet - they are not magical beings - which to me is an actual occult.

Well said. If occults come in a specific pack (a supernaturals EP like we had in 3, or a GP like vampires) , people who don't want them can avoid.

I agree aliens, just like robots, fall into a different category but I like them anyway. That's why I think lifestate would have been a better term.

• veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Yes.
    Yes! Aliens are kind of boring, it's been ages since I last played an alien family but still, when I play a mad scientist's story, he always has an alien baby at some point. On the other hand, I adore my vampires and all the contents of that pack. I loved my withces in TS3 and I miss them, still waiting for my beloved witches&wizards appear in TS4 sometime.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    Hate them. I have all the packs installed for features and content, but I use MCCC to turn off any occult breeding.
    My sim was interested in a sim and turned out.. he was an alien. probably came with Strangerville. I was NOT happy with this, but understand the purpose of that town/pack and new alien sims, so I just turned him into a normal sim.

No aliens came with Strangerville. It's got nothing to do with aliens (at least, not humanoid ones; I'm still fuzzy on where the big bad comes from, other than scientific tampering).

I love occults, especially vampires, so I'm really glad they were the first ones to really get a great treatment. I'm hoping to see more, but some types more than others.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have them installed, but I do not play them.
    Vampires I like. Aliens not so much. If I could remove all aliens from my game without needing any mods then I probably would do.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I love occult sims but I will admit I don't play them very often in my normal game play. I'm more of a legacy player and I usually have a separate save for when I do get an idea to play them in. Still like to have the option to do so if I choose to though.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Yes.
    Anmirla wrote: »
    That's my preferred game play. I need my Witches and Werewolves. I would rather play the ordinary play with extraordinary Sims!
    same
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Right at this moment, I'm not, mainly because I'm bored with the ones we have. I did do a test play with a Plant Sim and the strange plant life in Strangerville, just to see if anything interesting happened.....
    ...it did not.

That's true, but I've sort of merged the two into one on my game. IE if a Sim eats a forbidden fruit, they must also eat a bizarre fruit, and vice versa. I'm playing Strangerville like it's the upgrade to plant Sims we wanted but never officially got. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Other (Explain in the comments).
    I don't play them every save, but I do play them; currently I have an alien that I used to solve the Strangerville mystery; once she gets to the top of the military career she'll become a botanist, her interest having been piqued by her experience with the Strangerville mystery. I've also played a klepto vampire in the past. Not all that interested in playing with ghosts, but I really hope we get witches as those are my favorite occults.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LyvedaLyveda Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes.
    Yes, although I mostly play with vampires out of the occults we currently have. I'd love to see more occults added to the game, especially witches.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Yes.
    I love occults and include them in almost all of my stories. They have so much story potential. Partly why I barely play Sims 4 anymore is that so many of my stories depend on occults, setting up their worlds and how they relate to each other. And that's hard when you only have ghosts and vampires. (I don't use aliens much, since I prefer fantasy to science fiction. Plus they can just blend in with humans, which takes away the fun of them being different, imo.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes.
    The ONLY occult or supernatural we have in Sims 4 is the Vampire. Look up the meaning of the words ( Occult and Supernaturals) and query if either ghosts or aliens fall under the definition of either. They do not.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Yes.
    I play the vampires, but I don't give them vampires looks and style. I play them as if they were normal sims, but with special powers and needs. I didn't like the Aliens at first but now I play and enjoy them. And for my ghosts, they don't need to eat, take a shower or pee. They rest their minds in sleep. I play the Plantsim also.

I love to play those different characters. I play ordinary households also. It makes a good diversity in gameplay.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Yes.
    I like the power fantasy of it. I've been pretty into the fame system as well for the same reason. Tbh, I don't have any personal attachment to supernatural themes in and of themselves; I can get into it after a fashion, but I can live without it. My favorite concept close to that realm is 'secret agent' type stuff. More into sci-fi than fantasy.

But... that's kinda hypothetically speaking. Ultimately, if it's fun to play with, it's fun to play with. I think the only reason I don't use vampires more is because I don't want every powerful sim of mine to be that undead, thirsting for plasma theme. So I end up using my own sorcerer mod a lot for being powerful and doing it with a more open-ended theme. I'm kinda biased tho, since I made it lol.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,445 Member
    Yes.
    Triplis wrote: »
    I like the power fantasy of it. I've been pretty into the fame system as well for the same reason. Tbh, I don't have any personal attachment to supernatural themes in and of themselves; I can get into it after a fashion, but I can live without it. My favorite concept close to that realm is 'secret agent' type stuff. More into sci-fi than fantasy.

But... that's kinda hypothetically speaking. Ultimately, if it's fun to play with, it's fun to play with. I think the only reason I don't use vampires more is because I don't want every powerful sim of mine to be that undead, thirsting for plasma theme. So I end up using my own sorcerer mod a lot for being powerful and doing it with a more open-ended theme. I'm kinda biased tho, since I made it lol.

@Triplis I've seen your mod and I really want to try it out! I'm still in the process of sorting through all of my CC, but I have it tucked away in a folder for when I can return to my modded game again. :)
    #Team Occult
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Yes.
    LiELF wrote: »
    @Triplis I've seen your mod and I really want to try it out! I'm still in the process of sorting through all of my CC, but I have it tucked away in a folder for when I can return to my modded game again. :)
    Right on, hope you enjoy it. :smile:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    The ONLY occult or supernatural we have in Sims 4 is the Vampire. Look up the meaning of the words ( Occult and Supernaturals) and query if either ghosts or aliens fall under the definition of either. They do not.

I'm sort of just guessing what occult means from other peoples replies here as it's not a term I've heard of before. :D
    Yes.
    Sharonia wrote: »

I'm sort of just guessing what occult means from other peoples replies here as it's not a term I've heard of before. :D

It means the science of magic basically.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes.

Well if we want to get precise the word occult originated from Middle English and means "to keep secret, conceal". So aliens and ghosts could fall under such a definition.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Yes.
    I do play them, though perhaps not often. I have aliens sprinkled through my gameplay more than anything else. When I play vampires, I often eventually end up killing them with sun, mostly because I like to see genetic progression and am not one to play a sim forever. Haven't yet tried to make a vampire family or adapt my play style to them.

Sorcerers, werewolves, mortal occults are more my play style, despite my passionate love of vampires, so I'm looking forward to those possibilities. Arguably not really an occult, necessarily, but give me alchemists!
    a63ftuN.png
    edited March 2019
    Yes.

Well if we want to get precise the word occult originated from Middle English and means "to keep secret, conceal". So aliens and ghosts could fall under such a definition.

The Oxford Dictionary which is British - calls Aliens sentient beings just as humans are but our planets differ.

Ghosts are called a stage of being after death or natural life has expired.

I also saw the definition of Occult/supernatural in both the British and American dictionaries that define those beings (Occults and Supernaturals) as capable of magic and the sciences of magic. Magic would be concealed or kept secret just by the history of human nature seeing how our past humans looked upon the practice of magic, never mind it's use. That's why it is associated with concealing and secrecy. But it is by all rights a science.

ETA -Hmmm makes me wonder would vampires even be considered an occult seeing they have attributes of Ghosts too. Confusing.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    They have been in EVERY Sims game - and it is unfair that we hardly have any in Sims 4. People who don't like them could simply not buy those packs - why punish us players who love the game as we've always played it. The game will never feel it is complete until this version also has our beloved occults.

When I get them all - if we ever do - most of my hoods will be occults. Humans to me are boring when that is the most of what we have. Also I do not look at ghosts or aliens as occults. Ghost is the final life stage of humans, and aliens in my view are just citizens of another planet - they are not magical beings - which to me is an actual occult.

Nicely said. Take me for example, I don’t play with occults. But I still own those packs. I don’t mind them, I think they’re cool, but they just don’t really fit in my stories. But I’m not against a sim of mine marrying having kids, etc with an occult. I just don’t see them much, but I also don’t purposely seek them out. I do hope more occults come for those who want them 😊💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Yes.

Nicely said. Take me for example, I don’t play with occults. But I still own those packs. I don’t mind them, I think they’re cool, but they just don’t really fit in my stories. But I’m not against a sim of mine marrying having kids, etc with an occult. I just don’t see them much, but I also don’t purposely seek them out. I do hope more occults come for those who want them 😊💙

Me too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    No.
    I never ever play occults. Not into the fantastical genre at all.
    VbXPSzu.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yes.
    I do. But to be honest the only reason is because I got way too used to the convenience of teleporting around as a vampire.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)