Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with Occults?

Comments

• Options
    VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    No.
    No no no. I guess sometimes i dont mind the ghosts but no aliens (subject of my post about wanting GTW but no aliens) and no vampires.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Yes.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have Get To Work and Vampires installed but I do not play with occults. I have mods installed to even prevent them from being generated in my games so I don’t even see them... ever :)

It’s funny, I don’t see them even without mods installed. It’s the weirdest thing ever.

It's because everything was toned down and dialed back for family/realistic players who want the bb, but nothing else.

I've noticed that the game will only spawn vamps/ghosts/aliens when they are absolutely needed, otherwise there will only be a couple of them around in reserve. You can trigger spawns by having and going to events where they are needed, such as Ghost Night & Alien Night at the bars, visiting Forgotten Hollow, celebrating Spooky Day, becoming a Scientist, etc.

If you get too many spawns and want to dim it down, you can go into manage households and delete those townies so you don't have as many for awhile, at least until you trigger another major spawn. I like the game set up this way because it helps customize the experience I want to have with the game. I like the occult, as long as they are in moderation. If you want tons of occult, just keep spawning, just keep spawning...
  • Options
    simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    Other (Explain in the comments).
    No vamps or aliens, but I've been messing around with a mod that adds occult-like life states to the game, and it's plenty of fun for me. The only drawback is that it's outdated rn and there's no telling when It'll be updated.
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes.
    Of course! That's what the Sims is for, isn't it? To be able to explore all sorts of life? :smiley: Occult Sims bring so many fun challenges and chaos to the boring everyday game play.

When we get witches, I hope there's a spell to make laundry less obnoxious.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Other (Explain in the comments).
    Yes and no, I suppose. I don’t keep occult Sims in my main save, but I do have a save created specifically for occults. I haven’t played that one in quite a long time, though, as I’m not very interested in playing aliens and I’d prefer to play with more than just vampires.
    So, I’m waiting until more occult Sims are added before I really do anything else with occults and that save.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yes.
    I never got abducted in previous saves, and I've had GTW since it came out. Then my one sim moved in an alien townie she met by chance, and the mother ship appears to have taken that as an invitation because it's happening often enough to be annoying now. Even the alien I moved in has been abducted by aliens and impregnated. He didn't seem to take it any better than a human would have. I now have an alien toddler and baby in the neighborhood.

I've played a bit with vampires, but I'm putting more effort into it in my current save with my newly turned vampire. Of course that would be easier if her husband hadn't just had an alien baby.

I don't move in ghosts, but I put a nightclub on a cemetery lot so my sims can party with them. I got that idea from someone on the forums.

I do plan to move in Patchy one day, but my sims have a lot going on at the moment.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes.
    Can't play without vampire, tried playing normal but can only stay for so long before my favorite sims getting older and decided to vampiring themselves.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes.
    I don't voluntarily play them. Only when it's necessary for completing some other type of gameplay. Like the science career. I have a vampire save on my laptop that I occasionally play.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes.
    I always have Occults in my games. Vampires especially. Why is it taking so long to get more playable Occult Sims? I wish they'd just get on with it and stop teasing with buff states. It's like they're dangling them in front of us just out of reach. So frustrating.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Yes.
    Yes I play occults although most of my families are still getting used to the fact that there are aliens and vampires (it's quite scary).
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited March 2019
    No.
    No, I do not and I’ve taken every possible measure to eliminate them from my game.

I’m dreading the inevitable Sims 4: Gremlins & Wererats pack. Coming in 2020.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have them installed, but I do not play them.
    I have them all but so far I haven't played with any. Vampires are most likely going to be my first at some point in the future.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes.
    Yes. I play both my regular family and a clan of Vampires who they occassionally indirectly cross paths with.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes.
    I like them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have played them when they came out. And specially vampires are super fun to play in TS4 but it's just not my style in general. I don't mind having them around my game though, it gives the game the perfect unrealistic vibe to balance it out.
    For like 2 years (or more, I can't remember when they toned it down) I didn't get a spontaneous abduction and I didn't like that fact. I love to have this randomness in my game that completely changes your routine and shakes things up. I had 2 unprovoked abductions in the last couple of months (yay!) but none resulted in male pregnancy, if/when that is the case I'll keep the alien baby.
    I also like the vampires breaking into sims' homes in the middle of the night every now and then but this doesn't happen anymore either, now all I get is a randomly generated vampire dressed more or less like the picture below standing on my sims' front door for a couple of sim hours and then leaving. Also, this happens almost every night, really annoying.
    Dbl0MIN.jpg

edit: I should have really voted for "other" but oh well.
    Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Yes.
    Only Vamps. And Witches... hopefully in near futre... and while I'm at it, Mermaids and Fairies.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    If we had more than just Vampires, Aliens and Ghosts I would play them. I got bored playing these cults and am biting at the bit to play witches, Fairies, Genies or Invisable Friends.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    No.
    At least not now. I have been pondering about getting a playable ghost or two, but haven't done it yet.

Most of the time I send the ghosts away quickly, but I am planning to keep Eliza Pancakes around till she can see her grandkid(s). Unfortunately I lost Bob, because I messed with my aging settings :/
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Yes.
    I have occults in most of my saves. Unfortunately the choice is very limited. I don't like undead type of supernatural so I mainly stick with aliens. I still hope we can get at least one additional supernatural before the end of sims 4. More would be better but at the pace they are added to the game, it feels very unlikely we ever get a decent choice.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I miss them. The ones we have, I don't play much to be honest, I have them installed. The ones I miss I'd play all the time. Witches, werewolves, fairies...Well, maybe not fairies. The wings annoy me a bit.

Same here. In sims 2 and 3 I had them in EVERY save. I enjoyed them all except vampires and zombies.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have the packs for the build/buy objects. I usually delete all occults.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes.
    All the time! I love all things supernatural - my main household is actually a supernatural family trying to blend in and live as humans, not monsters. My favourite sim is a good grand master vampire, and in my head (at least just for now, fingers crossed not too much longer) his husband is a werewolf, while their daughter is a fairy/changeling baby that was left on their doorstep by 'the Fair Folk'. I really hope we get more occults soon so I can actually play it out properly. I'm esp. hoping for werewolves, witches and fairies, as it just feels incomplete without them, although vampires are my favourite. I like aliens, but I've always been more into supernatural stuff than sci-fi so I haven't really played them much. I like ghosts too, but again I haven't played them much, probably because I prefer my sims to be solid and not glowing funny colours. My vampire sim is good friends with Mimsy the ghost though.

Why do I love vampires so much? What makes them so popular? There are a lot of reasons, but for me personally I've always loved horror and dark romance - the tragedy of the immortal vampire cursed with bloodlust, ahem sorry I mean 'plasma'lust. There's just something about supernatural lore and stories that I find fun, so being able to create my own supernatural characters and stories in the sims is just brilliant.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No.
    Nope.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    They have been in EVERY Sims game - and it is unfair that we hardly have any in Sims 4. People who don't like them could simply not buy those packs - why punish us players who love the game as we've always played it. The game will never feel it is complete until this version also has our beloved occults.

When I get them all - if we ever do - most of my hoods will be occults. Humans to me are boring when that is the most of what we have. Also I do not look at ghosts or aliens as occults. Ghost is the final life stage of humans, and aliens in my view are just citizens of another planet - they are not magical beings - which to me is an actual occult.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    They have been in EVERY Sims game - and it is unfair that we hardly have any in Sims 4. People who don't like them could simply not buy those packs - why punish us players who love the game as we've always played it. The game will never feel it is complete until this version also has our beloved occults.

When I get them all - if we ever do - most of my hoods will be occult.

Well said, Reg. :)