Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Strangerville

I know we just got the official trailer but most people probably have a gut reaction as to whether they want it or not.

Yes if you're getting it or waiting for a sale

Maybe if you're waiting for more information.

Are You Buying Strangerville 516 votes

Yes
60%
CK213KolbyLeGardePourpreDerellaverlainemGalacticGalIcewolfHejixJaseLaBlue0314IrishSimmer21alan650111IceyJTynkkippy300davidp0418xbecky685xdreamergrl84storyyBlkBarbiegal 311 votes
Maybe
26%
Akl500Pauroraael14OneAdorkableGirlicmnfrshGRIMMYJoBass24usKita5399jeepjeepcatmaggidestoalexspoom13Cabelle1863Colorist40InvisibleaesimhappyBabygirl2328PhuandluGoldenBuffyMariefoxprice83alejandro15039fruitsbasket101 139 votes
No
12%
vancanuckfan86catmom1987Nh6650SimmervilleLomelindi7Angel_mixPlayerSinger2010TheLibrarySimAeroprincess87JeansooBagoas77drake_mccartyCinebarNauskasarificPinkHairGuitarSk8rblazeSimsister2004luvdasims55February11 66 votes

Comments

• Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely, because I love when the Sims does weirder stuff, and conspiracy nonsense is right up my alley.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yes
    Oh yes. Yes. Yep. Uh-huh. Definitely. This pack is gold.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    I don't know, we don't have a lot of infos at that moment.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Maybe
    I am waiting on LGR to review it first...possibly wait till it's on sale...really not very interested tbh
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    Like how the town looks so far, also someone the female hairstyles
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. Finally something innovative.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    No
    Those outfits in the trailer were set dressing, so I doubt it comes with a Military career, Sims can't live there, and it's all set dressing with some adventure type puzzles or clues. Not for me. I'm tired of set dressing.

ETA: Just found out this pack is a story driven pack like the stand alone spin offs. So, that's a big fat no, now. Found out Military is a career like gardening (don't even know or understand what that means) Not real? So, that's two strikes, and this should have released for console players instead of pc players who want the sandbox of The Sims to expand.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Maybe
    Most likely when a sale hits, I need something new to do and I like the cas/build/buy objects. This particular theme doesnt interest me alot, so Im not hurrying to buy right away.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe.. but waiting for more information and possibly going to wait for a sale. There's a couple of things I noticed that I could be interested in, but I'll have to find out first and then I might get it.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Maybe
    I'm more toward yes, especially on sale but I need to know more. If it's solely a one time experience then I would be hesitant to buy although it could still be interesting.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe. Depends on cas and build items probably
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I am buying it but not on day of launch as I never pay full price and looking at this pack I have to wait until more info is released on how it will work with other packs if it can. Some may be be questioning replayability as it seems there may one mystery and not various Aves of mystery. I am intriqued by the concept on this pack though.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Yes
    You bet I'm buying this.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    MawMawMawMaw Posts: 99 Member
    Yes
    Absolutley, Looks like it'll be a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe, and then only if it's on sale...
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Yes
    I'm going to buy it on day one, I find the theme intriguing and the GPs have a strong track record in terms of quality.

It has been so long since we last had a GP or SP, hopefully they've got their rhythm going again and they will be coming more often.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but will wait for a sale. It might be bought just for content, I will try the mystery once at least. I still haven't played JA enough to even know what it all has to offer. I guess that is what happens when you only get to play every few weeks.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    GP07 Strangerville is an UFO in The Sims, a RPG-like ?

But I like the sci-fi theme, the military career and the mysterious events, so I will do an exception for this pack.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    ABSOLUTELY - as soon as I can anyway. The quirkiness is back finally, and it is a must have to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes
    I most probably won't be able to buy it at the release date, because I'm waiting for my new credit card to arrive and it's almost certain that it won't be here in a week. However, I do hope I'll be able to do it in early March. I'm getting major Stranger Things and Strangetown vibes from the trailer and I do hope we get aliens. I cannot wait! <3
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    Nope.
  • Options
    SousChefSanjisSousChefSanjis Posts: 10 New Member
    When it releases on PS4, sure.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Yes
    Honestly can't wait.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Maybe
    Can't make my mind up from the trailer alone, it was just an announcement one and pretty vague. But I am intrigued at the very least
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Maybe
    I need more info on this one, not really my play style but looks interesting. So far it looks like something that would be forgotten once the “new” wears off.