Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets Talk About The Upcoming Sims 4 Announcement Teaser

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    SimsBro wrote: »
    Strangetown as a new world +far more fleshed out alien content as a main feature.
    Everything so far seems to imply sims being brainwashed or hypnotized by cults that worship aliens akin to lovecraftian stories, but in a comical Sims way. Add to that the "strange" alien letters they are writing the tweets as...

@SimsBro At first I thought it would be Witches related, but there's way more of an alien/sci-fi overtone to it all once you read all the new tweets.

My dream is to see old neighborhoods/worlds returning in newer Sims games... I need the Grunts, the Smiths... What happened to them?! I would love to play with their future generations on Sims 4.

Problem is that they totally plummed up the timeline with The Sims 4.

Sims 3 came first (Bella toddler), then Sims 1 (Bella adult) and then Sims 2 (Bella abducted and Mortimer is an elder).

One example: Nancy Landgraab was an Adult in Sims 3 and Bella Goth a toddler. Now they're both Young Adults

At least give us an explanation like time travel or something.

They did explain it when the game first came out. Alternate dimension. Whether you accept that explanation or view it as a bs excuse is up to You.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Im getting huge bird box vibes lol. But there's no way they planned a bird box gamepacj.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Did anyone see this pic on simsvip or twitter? I'm at work right now but im pretty sure laptops are new :)
    Dz0EJGfVsAAvVjN-300x207.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did anyone see this pic on simsvip or twitter? I'm at work right now but im pretty sure laptops are new :)

That is correct. Laptops are coming with this pack and possibly in the Pre Patch.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

I'm so happy to see that! I hope we can put them in the inventory to use anywhere like we can the easel and some other objects.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    @AquaGamer1212 yes, its confirmed that Sims 4 is an alternate timeline, but i will never be able to fully accept that... hahaha i hope Sims 5 returns to that, but at least Sims 4 brought us sims like Bob Pancakes!

Did you watch the Bella Machinima? If not you should it’s amazing!

What Bella Machinima? Link please
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    This definitely has nothing to do with Witches or Uni. I want them, but I'm also excited for this. I want more lore in the game.
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    edited February 2019
    What if it's something like hobbies, like Sims 2 Freetime? And it comes with a new town and a military career?

Idk why I think so even, maybe its the wallpaper in the background of that laptop image.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    ateKna wrote: »

I can't imagine there being zombies in a Sims game. The point of Zombies is that they try to attack people. They're also really gross and I personally don't like anything zombie-related, so I hope this is not anything with them. I wouldn't want them in my Sim world as my Sims try to do their day to day things.

I would like to see University, with active gameplay like in Get Famous. I won't be mad if there are witches, but I would really want them to be special if they are going to just add more supernatural into the game. I am a little burnt out on clubs and supernatural things for the sims, but again, Get Famous really added a lot to the game so I liked the celebrity/fame/party theme in that instance.

All of the sims games had zombies. Sims 1, 2, and 3.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Zombie
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2019
    At last a new gamepack (according to Sims Community)!

I get bored with the 2x yearly expansion packs and nothing else, I go months inbetween packs not playing at all compared to before when there was a regular dose of content to keep me going.

My first thought looking at the pictures was that they are all in some kind of cult, perhaps having their minds controlled by some extraterrestrial beings. I can't see religion being a theme though as an earlier post suggested, there's plenty of controversial stuff that could result from going there. Especially considering the wide range of markets this game sells in. Someone, somewhere would find however they did religion to be offensive and it is probably a no-go area for The Sims. That's a shame because religion is a big part of many people's lives and the game is a life simulator.

I welcome a new world, it is much needed. But I'd hazard a guess that it is going to be a very small world, somewhere in the region of 5 lots like Forgotten Hollow. It looks like another world which wont be seeing any snow which is a shame. I'm not overly excited yet, perhaps I will be when I see what the pack actually is. Aliens (if they are at the core of the pack) have never been among my top things to play with on The Sims but if they get their own pack and it is done well they could be as fun as Vampires which was one of the best gamepacks.
  • Options
    CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2019
    Could it finally be a military career? Really excited about it if that's a case and get it no matter what else is in, though if there are witches they going to kill two birds with one stone for me. Can't believe that they went for it right when I felt nostalgic for the career to the point I revisited previous games, what a coincidence. Also good thing we have Astronaut career in vanilla, more chances for it to be proper in Sims 4.

Can't wait for this announcement to happen, been awhile since the wait was killing me.

P.S.: Finally we're getting military flattop haircut, hopefully there will be military fade haircut just as well (not too short and not too long).
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    SimsBro wrote: »
    Strangetown as a new world +far more fleshed out alien content as a main feature.
    Everything so far seems to imply sims being brainwashed or hypnotized by cults that worship aliens akin to lovecraftian stories, but in a comical Sims way. Add to that the "strange" alien letters they are writing the tweets as...

@SimsBro At first I thought it would be Witches related, but there's way more of an alien/sci-fi overtone to it all once you read all the new tweets.

My dream is to see old neighborhoods/worlds returning in newer Sims games... I need the Grunts, the Smiths... What happened to them?! I would love to play with their future generations on Sims 4.

Problem is that they totally plummed up the timeline with The Sims 4.

Sims 3 came first (Bella toddler), then Sims 1 (Bella adult) and then Sims 2 (Bella abducted and Mortimer is an elder).

One example: Nancy Landgraab was an Adult in Sims 3 and Bella Goth a toddler. Now they're both Young Adults

At least give us an explanation like time travel or something.

Sims 4 was meant to be reboot.So the timeline is rewrritten

The developers added a sort of Easter egg about the reboots in Jungle Adventure. The wall glyph objects have descriptions that hint at the game’s reboots calling it a “regeneration” and references players as “the watchers”. Sorry to get off topic but I thought it was an interesting detail!
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    strangetown could mean supernatural in certain things like zombies, the way some the pictures of the sims they are standing like they are zombies...... not sure what I think really I miss the social bunny but I can't wait to see what they say it is, defo think they have brought military back
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Lol y'all still speculating about this? It's obviously the Apocalypse pack that was mentioned in one of the earlier Surveys..
    Think about it, its description matches everything that we've seen from it so far, plus the hints..
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    edited February 2019

Lyndsay has confirmed they aren't zombies so I'm guessing it's some kind of mind control contagion spread through the water. Edit to this point: After going through the tweets I've realized that the reason the gurus say "water is love water is life" is because of the whole plant theme.

Another hint that might be important is this

Arboreal means living in trees or relating to trees. So whatever is controlling their minds, possibly this "mother" is related to trees. (also sidenote: Do you think that caravan is a background set piece or an actual item we are going to get?)

Which might be related to this

If the mother/mind control is related to trees then kate might be referring to literal fruit.

not sure whats going on with SimGuruRusskii but this is interesting

translation:
    Your nest is surrounded by beauty, we do not deserve it, we do not deserve it, we deserve it

They also had a tweet that was just Belleza (beauty) repeated over and over.

Again now we have fruit, trees, AND flowers. The mother is probably a plant.

Done with the clue hunt now, what do you guys think?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Finally!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited February 2019

Lyndsay has confirmed they aren't zombies so I'm guessing it's some kind of mind control contagion spread through the water. Edit to this point: After going through the tweets I've realized that the reason the gurus say "water is love water is life" is because of the whole plant theme.

Arboreal means living in trees or relating to trees. So whatever is controlling their minds, possibly this "mother" is related to trees. (also sidenote: Do you think that caravan is a background set piece or an actual item we are going to get?)

If the mother/mind control is related to trees then kate might be referring to literal fruit.

translation:
    Your nest is surrounded by beauty, we do not deserve it, we do not deserve it, we deserve it

Great analysis of what we know so far!
    Just wanted tu add that in SimGuruRusskii's tweet in Spanish she starts with Su nido. "Su" could refer as you said to "your" but also to "her/his". In this case since they keep talking about "the mother" I would assume the correct translation would be:
    Her nest is surrounded by beauty, we do not deserve it, we do not deserve it, we deserve it
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member

translation:

Great analysis of what we know so far!
    Just wanted tu add that in SimGuruRusskii's tweet in Spanish she starts with Su nido. "Su" could refer as you said to "your" but also to "her/his". In this case since they keep talking about "the mother" I would assume the correct translation would be:
    Her nest is surrounded by beauty, we do not deserve it, we do not deserve it, we deserve it

Thanks for that last bit, I don't know italian so I just used google translate.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2019
    The girl's wearing cameo trousers and dog tags. Definitely getting a military career. :)
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited February 2019
    There is at least some plant theme going on here. But what if all of those plant references are metaphors? Metaphors we'll instantly get, once the Mother is fully explained, but not before?
    There's some military stuff going on, with the clothing of some characters. Then, the metal hat with the Christmas light hints at conspiracy theories and Aliens.
    The Sims are seemingly being possessed, mind controlled or hypnotized by something they refer to as "the Mother".
    We know we get a desert world with new palm trees and... Cactuses? Cacteen? Cacti?
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    -Military career
    -And a fruit that makes people insane.

Those are my guesses, without getting any hopes up.
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Shepard wrote: »
    What if it's something like hobbies, like Sims 2 Freetime? And it comes with a new town and a military career?

Idk why I think so even, maybe its the wallpaper in the background of that laptop image.

If it's hobbies, one of those hobbies are drugs. lol.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The writing is hard to read I can't remember the last time I spent this much time away from the computer. Too me it sounds like apocalyptic neighborhood, maybe the game will finally let you enter the closed houses in all neighborhoods and loot what is there. As fair as I know from the story is Willow Creek Turns into Pleasantville in the Sims 2, Pleasantville is the future of Sunset Valley and the past is Willow Creek.

The reason it don't snow in Oasis Springs is because in the Sims 3 we went to 3 different versions of Oasis Springs.

Oasis Springs is the same as Oasis Landing that we came from the past and went to into the future. It also brought with it some special emotional crystals that can be grown. The time travel must have sent out from the future apocalyptic version of Oasis Landing heading to the past Oasis Springs to change the future but on his way his time traveling craft got struck by a energy surge and changed his path to land in TS3 version of Sunset Valley or other worlds within the base game asking a past relative for help. this explains the 3 different version of Oasis Springs and why it don't snow there, is because Oasis Springs is Oasis Landing in TS3 into the future.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    These pictures with the walks and poses make me think they were going to do a zombie pack then changed their minds. Went to lunch, ate something, (mind blowing mushrooms) came back and said heck no, let's do this!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.