Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Kind of Sim Player Are you?

I woke up this morning to play the Sims and rather than reload my previous household I did some maintenance instead. I went into manage households and deleted the other households I didn't instantly like (townies) and then proceeded to go into the worlds remove lots I didn't like. Basically reforming the world as I see fit. It made me wonder.... How do others play the game?

What Kind of Sim Player Are you? 151 votes

Premade Everything!
7%
GalacticGalPlayerSinger2010MagdaleenadragonfreakfloridameerkattakenbysheephappyopithatsnotswegMolnarzefronKellven 11 votes
Blank Slate Baby!
17%
OneAdorkableGirlMystik1978Allearssimm621MeteoraStormcandy8KementariBagoas77CinebarBluellesekojranaLizzychicagokeenowtaydevFroilkiwi84BridgetKVChadSims2MasonGamerIdray2501 26 votes
Combination of the Two.
75%
tams2578icmnfrshSandySimLaBlue0314CheesySimsLoverdjacquelynstewBlkBarbiegalEIisabettaAndreaTheHeroAlexaiStellaInterpolColorist40AyradyssAnnie2008VibsetanakakiWritin_RegCorkysPetalsjoelygirlsims2huandlu 114 votes

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    For me it depends, I have saves where I specifically play with the premades, I even have a premade template save where I added promotional lots and sims to fill up the world a bit more. I also have a template save with all the premades who have advanced 10 years in time, so that's got a lot of my own influence in it. But, I also have saves that I built up with my own sims and builds (and a few creations from others, I'm a slow builder).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I typically keep some premades who really appeal to me then fill in everything else - pretty near literally. I don't like playing with half-empty worlds.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    My mood shifts depending on the type of game I'm playing. I have a couple berry saves so those are obviously redone (I even kept some of the original households and made them berry sims). Sometimes I decide to start with a completely blank world save and put down the lots and sims I want. Othertimes, I use the default worlds. It honestly depends.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I used to make families and just move them in where I wanted or build a house if I liked the family enough. I'd let townies and premades live in the premade homes. But recently I've started a few saves where I do basically the opposite and delete everything and everyone to start fresh and it's actually really fun! I thought it'd be a load of work, and it is, but in a good way. It's empty at first, but I create families like every other day, so it's not an issue. And eventually a bunch of townies will spawn.

I have all my Sims in homes I built and the townies just exist like Sims 2 townies and just live off the grid invisibly. Which is perfect, because there are so many of them but I want to have space in my world for more Sims I make. Next save I do I want to be more themed than what I'm doing now, which is building whatever wherever.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I make my sim and put them in the world.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Blank Slate Baby!
    I do my own thing. I like it how it like it. It's all mine...
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Blank Slate Baby!
    The first thing I do is bulldoze everything and remove all premade Sims.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Blank Slate Baby!
    they don't serve a purpose to my plot, "Muahaha death be with you... and also with you!"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Blank Slate Baby!
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The first thing I do is bulldoze everything and remove all premade Sims.

Same, except for The Pancakes who I place from the library once I've finished rebuilding everywhere, mainly for nostalgia's sake!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    Premades are mostly just townies for me - they live their lives without my interference. But I do have a save where I actually play them.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    In every save I create my own characters and buildings to play with, but I also enjoy seeing who and what came with the packs. In my earlier Sims 4 saves I left most of the pre-made sims and lots in place, but in later saves I have replaced many of the existing households and lots with my own creations. Even when I wipe out most of the world there are still a few sims (like Vlad Straud or Brent and Brant Hecking) that I just happen to like and tend to leave in, or certain lots I like and use a lot. It depends on what I want for that story.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    Premade Everything!
    I typically keep everything the way it is on start up because I genuinely love the seeing the townies around & going to the standard venues. I might do a minor change to lots like add a sauna to the gym or something like that, but the venue is still the same. I leave all townies as they are because most of them are so iconic & the ones that aren't I never see/interact with anyway.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Blank Slate Baby!
    I scrap everything. I can't get attached to the premades because I didn't make them. And seeing them live out alternate lives in other people's games sort of disconnects me from them. So off they go along with their homes. As for lots I just change them because the premade ones are boring... and understandably so, they're meant to be sort of spruced up. I just haven't got the time for it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DreamySimsDreamySims Posts: 24 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    A mix of the two! I am not at all good at building, so I leave some of the houses in and just redecorate. With sims, remove them all. I am an avid sim maker so I'm gonna need a place to put all my loves ♥
    "Depwa Sanewash Depla Blah"
    (You! Yes you! Go away!)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    Usually I keep the premades but my own sims are the main characters. Sometimes I delete them though... usually if I'm making a themed save and they just don't fit in. It all just depends.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    It's been a combination for me up until last September. I had a totally blank template with everything bulldozed and all premades deleted. I also had a template with all empty houses bulldozed, premades modified, some kept, some deleted and only one each of every type of venue. Both of those templates have since been deleted.

I now use a totally new custom template I made for any new save game. This template has almost all empty houses bulldozed, except a few smaller ones that I like, most premades still reside in their original houses, but they've all been modified a bit. I also added in all my favorite Sims from other saves and NPCs/Townies I've saved that I liked. They're all townies now or NPCs not in world. I like seeing my Sims wandering around or working in different NPC roles and I like knowing exactly who will be my mail person(s).

I still don't interact with premades very much. I might use one now and then for a spouse or love interest though. But I mostly just use my own Sims I put in this template for those purposes and concentrate on my main Sim(s) created for that particular save. Sometimes I'll put my main Sim(s) in one of the empty houses I kept, but 9 times out of 10 I build them a house after they've earned simoleons for one. I love starting out my Sims on an empty lot with no funds Rags to Riches style. :)
  • Options
    simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I never start a save with a premade, but I do marry them into families and befriend them and move them in, so I still end up playing premades half the time.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited February 2019
    Premade Everything!
    I keep the premade sims and venues (unless i find better venues in the gallery), but I mainly play with my own sims. Sometimes premades get married into families, though.

I'm not sure if I picked the right option, haha.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I really like going into the game knowing nothing about the townies. I enjoy "meeting" new people, and randoms usually have ill-fitting personalities or outfits. I play with my own family amongst the premades and then scrap or move them out when I get used to them. Move in some premades from the gallery or something. I don't like being the creator of every sim on the map because then I know everything about them already, y'know?
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    If keeping premades until they die out count, then I guess a combo. I never play premades unless they end up in a family I actually play.
    I usually don't like keeping premade houses since my sims are prone to having so many babies LOL (so 5 rooms or bust ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    Venues I keep until I'm tired of looking at them.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Blank Slate Baby!
    I don't like the townies so I delete them I take everyone out of the houses and just put the Sims in I want. I never play townies they are boring and I usually delete the unplayed household periodically to get rid of any Vampires.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I keep premade sims and I edit or replace the premade venues with ones I get from the gallery, since I'm not much of a builder. I have multiple saves for playing premade sims/sims from the Maxis Gallery.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I like many of the premade sims and after playing them for a generation or two they essentially become my sims. It's always fun to see what happened to the premades in other simmers' games and also nice having well known ancestors. When it comes to lots I bulldoze the ones I don't like but I like having a couple of classics around. One of my favourite things is to remodel Maxis lots, for example I made Magnolia Promenade a karaoke park.
  • Options
    Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    I like making Sim families and lots from scratch and including them in the pre-made worlds.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Combination of the Two.
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    they don't serve a purpose to my plot, "Muahaha death be with you... and also with you!"

Omg, this has me laughing so hard I'm crying! I love it! I'm totally using this next time I kill a Sim