Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @emorrill So, I might be pretty good at conversions, but I am still an extreme novice when it comes to 3d modelling my own stuff. So does this kind of su.ck? Yes. :lol: But, I did spend several hours working on this and I hope you at least like it a little bit. I'm sorry about the texture issues. They're caused by the solidify, but I'm stuck on how to fix them. If I don't solidify, the inside of the skirt will be invisible in game. If I do solidify, I get this texture issue. No idea how to fix it. :lol: Sorry. Anyway, here ya go:
    akdH9AL.jpg
    And sorry I was too lazy to get an in-game pic. :lol:

And here's the dl: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl9aan32mx4v3e7/dragonquestjadeoutfit.package?dl=0
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Brandontaylor Witches are very useful to have around the household, especially level 10 witches.
    I'm so glad I have that no zombies mod. :D I've had quite a few evil sims who turned out to be wonderful spouses and parents, tbh.
    Yeah, I don't know how the game uses witch for both male and female. It's usually wizard or warlock for males.
    Hopefully the little fight won't cause any break-ups.
    Welcome baby Jacob! Hopefully Derek warms up to his son. Although, I don't think I've played a sim with the 'Dislikes Children' trait.

The inspection has been pushed back further, unfortunately.

Derek better get used to being a father. Jacob's going to be with the family for a very long time.

@Mikezumi Very nice sims! I think there are actually quite a few gems in Midnight Hollow. Cedrick Winchester is quite nice once you remove all that unnecessary make-up and give him a new hairstyle and duds. I haven't played much Roaring Heights, so I can't speak for the sims there.

@Silverofdreams30 I really like that house! :)
    I use Nraas to cheat skills too sometimes. It's good for if you have a heavily story-based save going on.

@PalmArrow Very nice update! :)

@Silverofdreams30 Nice update! :)

@Nindigo Nice pictures and congratulations on the birth of Isabelle! :)

@Mikezumi Nice update! I was wondering when the baby was going to arrive. Paul looked like he was about to pop. :) Welcome baby Nial! I like that name too. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Gosh darnit Phil! Ruin all the fun why don't you? :p

@emorrill I think she looks amazing. I know how hard it is to create sims based on other people or game characters. From the picture I saw above, her shorts or black. Is there a way to make her green bottoms (as a sim) black as well? Other than that, I think she looks amazing. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer That's a very nice house! :)

@Mikezumi Very nice updates and thanks for the comments! :)

@thuggishsplicer I'm sorry about what happened in your city and for those people who lost their lives. :( Let's hope there are no more storms like that.
    I used to love watching that show on television, usually after school.

@Brandontaylor Nice update! :)

@Nikkei_Simmer I think I'm going to like 'Homeless Haruo'. He's got quite the muscles on him too. ;) But I feel weird gawking, so I'm gonna stop now. :p

@Mikezumi Another nice update and adorable toddler training pictures! I really love that mod that lets toddlers learn their skills so fast. It makes the toddler years such a breeze.

@Hejix That's nice of them to adopt a child! I'm glad they finally got the daughter they wanted too. :)

@Brandontaylor Very nice update! :)

@PalmArrow Nice update! I loved the pictures of the two of them squishing grapes. :D

@MemoriiValentine That's such a nice start to a new legacy. I'll definitely read it more properly later. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Very nice update! :)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @LunBeauty Thanks for the comments :) You obviously have very different taste to me. I looked through Midnight Hollow and Cedric is beyond plain looking. Superficial changes like hair/makeup/clothes, for me, does not make a sim acceptable. I am all about the "bones" of the sim and Cedric simply does not have anything I can work with.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Feedback later today.

I wonder if someone knows where I can find this hair? Look likes it's not available for download
    on this site? I think this is the perfect hair for Gust.

http://lapizrazuli.blogspot.com/2011/11/hair-mesh-6-sand-unisex-do-not-convert.html
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    @Mikezumi

Thats a pity, need to find sthing similar cause that hair is reallý
    his hair in the game.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @LunBeauty thank you ^^ i did it like this cause i am going to start posting mini updates and then compile them into one big update on the blog
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options

Feedback

@Brandontaylor

Sorry forgot to mention you last time I did feedback. sometimes I forget to mention
    people if there have been two pages to look at.
    Enjoyed the updates.

@PalmArrow

I enjoyed the update,
    lovely screenshots.

@MemoriiValentine

Nice update

@LunBeauty

Thank you

@Mikezumi

Hope the teens will have fun at prom by the time
    they are ready to go for it.

@MoonandStars83

Great update,
    I see good you were able to play a bit.

• Options

I Created a new sim

[img][/img]aLdcmsx.jpg

[img][/img]R53CkDR.jpg

Samuel

All for today

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 I think Newsea 182 in this batch on conversions would be a good fit for Gust. :smile:
    http://mayu-sims.tumblr.com/post/174057044128/20-hairs-converted-for-male-download
  • Options

@Emily4331

oh Thank you, will download and try it out.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

An Ultimate Sim Update

cU5ru9f.jpg
    Brittany decided to start working on the inventing skill. She then quit the fire department to join the Inventor Career. Since she is so rich, she can just buy scrap if she needs it, except for the skill challenge where you have to collect 1000 scrap pieces.

P72RglB.jpg
    Andrew took a jog, trying to get the last skill point in athletics. He also retired, even though he just became Emperor. This is so he can rebuild his relationships with the family as well as enjoy his elder days.

aGX9t0P.jpg
    Derek got forced by me to take care of his son. Derek treats Jacob well, at least. Andrew keeps trying to steal his candy though. :D

8eD6yiC.jpg
    ZxKBOky.jpg
    Brittany tutored German Wolf to help him with his school homework, but when he had to go home, Brittany tutored Bill Racket in the cooking skill, raising him to level halfway to level 3.

7MXSxtV.jpg
    Derek also got forced to teach Jacob to walk. Since Brittany is really good friends with her son, she thinks this will build Derek and Jacob's bond.

x94vTLc.jpg
    I had Brittany throw a protest which she hasn't done since university. This is mainly so she can learn the inventing skill faster. I am only making her do them when she needs to level up quicker.

bjTJXpn.jpg
    Rebecca got her first promotion in the Business career. She should have a good chance to reach the top of the career.

vObMZdw.jpg
    Jennifer got promoted as well. She could retire but she wants to try and make it to World Renowned Surgeon if she can. Beside her is Emily, her coworker/Andrew's IF.

w9tXlUk.jpg
    I was checking on Andrew and saw he autonomously wanted to use the megaphone to wake James up. Since he was already there, I just let it happen.

72wn72j.jpg
    Brittany finally unlocked on invention. Now she can at least have something to sell on Saturday. This is the toy dog, which to me looks like it was built out of a mailbox.

k6L7Q7G.jpg
    Afterwards I sent her over to the junkyard to get working on collecting 1000 scrap pieces. I believe she got 83/1000 so we got a long way to go. Looking online at what things you can invent, I'm excited over a few of them.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited February 2019
    Today, I have been playing the Alvi family of Sunset Valley and in a slightly different way. There is still so much I haven't explored yet, the Ambitions expansion pack, for instance. VJ is inventing all kinds of cool things, this is new to me. And the ability to detonate stuff seems right up his alley. Sweet little Miraj is painting a lot for his career in forensics later on and has named a planet. Iqbal, whom I usually ignore, is climbing the corporate ladder this time while working on his perfect aquarium wish. Good stuff.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Simself Legacy Part 3.1

Katerina has a imaginary friend named Boinky! I think it is cute how she plays with her imaginary friend. she has also asked for a JR Chemistry set and has been having an absolute blast playing with it. I moved an easel into her room so that I can keep an eye on her when she is using it.
    screenshot-17.jpg
    screenshot-18.jpg
    screenshot-21.jpg

Daryl has made goods friends with Dara and a girl named Eboni. He was surprised that fairies existed! he had always been curious of the supernatural but always kept it to himself in fear of being made fun of for it. but he never thought he would actually meet one!
    screenshot-20.jpg
    screenshot-16.jpg

Danielle met a guy named Laurence at school and invited him over. they talked and watched tv before going out to eat as friends.who knows if it will turn into something more?
    screenshot-19.jpg
    screenshot-22.jpg

but that night after he went home Danielle decided to go to a lounge that was not very popular. that way if she stayed out late, no one would catch her! it worked surprisingly. she even got a little juiced ;)
    screenshot-23.jpg
    screenshot-24.jpg

both Daryl and Danielle were taught to drive by Jeff! :)
    screenshot-27.jpg

Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited February 2019
    Using NRAAS>MC>Household>Family Funds, I just hit Haruo with a series of fines...

Fine for Being Homeless 17% of Net Worth
    Unsightly Property 10% of Net Worth
    No Visible Means of Support 7% of Net Worth
    Nuisance 10% of Net Worth

Dogs Unleashed and Unlicensed 2% of Net Worth

Total Fines 46% of Net Worth

Yep, 46% of his income evaporates with just those fines...and that's not including taxes and property bills. >:) Nope, he's not going to get "rich" easily.

Oh and the city decided to retroactively apply fines to him for the past two weeks of him hanging around as well as his dogs running around unleashed. So another 46% of Net Worth vanishes. Plus his dogs Unleashed and Unlicensed went up to 6% because they were past-due. (52%)

§120,000 fine for his dogs attacking Buckley.

Which leaves him with a grand total of §20,684. >:)

So will he be able to pay his income taxes when it gets jacked up to 33% and his property tax when it gets hiked to 7% next week?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited February 2019
    @MemoriiValentine I wouldn't trust that juice. ;)
    After 10 pm, all the sims are in bed, lol. No chance to be caught up in a lounge.
    Laurence looks cute and trendy. Anarchist hipster nerd? Does that even exist?
    I'd like to meet a fairy too! The good ones though.
    I can't believe sims sell such dangerous toys such as chemistry labs. I wouldn't leave my kids alone with it!
    Boinky is a cute name for an imaginary friend. I should try to play one at least once.

@Nindigo Ambitions is a fun expansion! Be sure to try the firefighter career (even though it's bugged). I found myself installing it for both of my saves. I'm craving for laundry. I can't explain why. I swear I had nothing to do with the sims 4 laundry stuff pack!!! I have real laundry to fold, in rl. Bummer.

@Brandontaylor Wouldn't want to be waken up by a megaphone! 1000 scraps looks like grinding. :unamused: Farewell firefighter career. Did she make it to level 10? George retired as well in my game.

@Silverofdreams30 Nice haircut!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I set Master Controller to allow immigration in Champs Les Sims in my Tamsin & Stuart save, and to take genetics mostly from the townies, and a little bit from the bin. I got a message that the first new family had just moved in, and clicked to take a look at them. The woman's carnival headdress made me laugh, so I took a screenshot before I changed it:

BtJdbgx.jpg

(The game decided to be very stereotypical with both the husband and the daughter, and gave them both berets!)
  • Options
    @Hejix i guess it could be that he is a genie but who knows. Genies are always on another level
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Homeless Haruo is now BROKE... The City of Appaloosa Plains just hit him with §22,000 in city fines. And now he can't pay his current taxes...at least not without a handout.

Farming Without A License 2,000.00
    Farming on a Residential Zoned Property 2,500.00
    Adverse Impact on Wildlife 7,500.00
    Dwelling Not to Code 10,000.00

Told you life was going to get tough for "Homeless Haruo".

Update: Tallying up his city fines, his vagrancy fines, and his taxes... he's going to have to make §264,285.71 a week just to stay afloat. >:) Poor guy, he didn't know exactly how hard life was going to get being a vagrant and trying to set down roots.

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Hejix I think it keeps my game interesting. I usually time Sim-pregnancies to give birth during the full moon.

@Auroraskies The mod is found here, and the lot I used in that save is here. Both are on MTS. The mod creator is flagged as not having logged in for a while, but the mod itself still works fine.

@MemoriiValentine Great updates. I didn't know kids could get suspended from school.
    ****Congrats on Daryl and Danielle learning to drive.

@Nikkei_Simmer Why would you make the puppies fight?
    ****Poor Haru.

@Emily4331 Looks like you did a great job.

@Silverofdreams30 Will this work? Though I'm not sure it's available for men.

@Brandontaylor Congrats to Brittany on her change of career, and Andrew on his retirement.

@Nindigo Great update!

@PalmArrow Are you telling me all French people don't constantly wear berets?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last night I played the Eaton family. Baby Amadis was born a fairy (like his mom). Part of me was hoping for human, like his dad, to see what would happen. There's always the next kid. Other than that, not much happened. I have a pic of Joshua and the baby.
    pRx9lmk.jpg

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hey everyone. :)

Hubby is off work this week and he's been playing Dragon Quest and so watching him has been occupying my time once again. :blush: There have been a couple of times this game has made me cry! You become so invested in the characters and the storytelling is phenomenal! :star:

@Silverofdreams30 I had to laugh at how you didn't like the voice acting. :lol: Some are pretty bad, but for the most part the acting is good. :) To me anyway. I thought there was a setting to turn off the voices in game? I'll have hubby check. Either way you could still find a way to play it as you'll be missing out on a wonderful story and a sure classic! :blush:

@Emily4331 Gah! I didn't see that Jade's eye color is purple! :open_mouth: I somehow missed that very important detail! And thanks for directing me to that hair! (It's got the bangs! :smiley: ) I just hope the pony tail rises high enough. ;)Also I hope I can find a re-texture of that hair because Wings texture is too shiny and doesn't really look like hair to me. :p
    Scratch that, I just went back and saw it'🐸🐸🐸🐸*Club hair. :p Yay! Nevermind then! *Downloading*

AH! You created Jade's outfit for me!? :smiley: Omgosh girl that was SO sweet of you to do! :kissing_heart: I'm super excited! :mrgreen: It looks great in that picture to me and even if the texture might be off I'll still love it! Thank you! Thank you! :heart: I'll add it too my game pronto! Along with the hair. :) Then I'll have some more tweaking to do on her facial features.

The next character I want to simmify is Hendrik because he's... :love: Rawr!

Thank you to the rest of you for your sweet comments and I've passed out L&As on your posts. :star:

Happy Simming!
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    LunBeauty wrote: »

@emorrill I think she looks amazing. I know how hard it is to create sims based on other people or game characters. From the picture I saw above, her shorts or black. Is there a way to make her green bottoms (as a sim) black as well? Other than that, I think she looks amazing. :)

@LunBeauty Unfortunately no... :( It's a one piece outfit and I could only recolor it one color throughout. But yeah the fact I couldn't change her bottoms black drove me a little nuts. :p

Thank you. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill You're so welcome! :3 I'll get to working out some of the ki.nks in the outfit later today. Hendrik, eh? Sure, Hendrik is fine and all...but when will we address the true bishonen god?

Jasper. :love:
    DQXI_Homer.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Just so you know that the Appaloosa Plains city officials aren't just "head-up-rear-end cavity" inversions to just Homeless Haruo. They're also harassing Hetty Lionheart too. :D
    OfficialharassingHettyLionheart.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    George Dean has five toddlers crawling in his house right now. Ari, his wife, escapes to the graveyard, where the dead at least rest in peace, for some time off. I downloaded the swinging chair and the progeny sims 3 store objects to give them a hand. ;) I would not exchange my place with them. One toddler in a house is enough. ;P
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top